• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

It does take a while to kick in for sure...
For me it takes 2 hours or so....I usually will pop all the pills at once, usually 96mg, right before I sleep, me myself has never experienced any nausea or anything, but doing it right when I fall asleep I think I sleep through any discomfort and wake up feeling fine...

....now with my HDL I take a huge load of sodium ascorbate, more than I normally take, I can still poop in the morning because of it, and I take another mega dose of sodium ascorbate in the morning, and for the 2 days im feeling the HDL I up my daily intake of sodium ascorbate in general, and take a supplement called NAC, n-acetyl - cysteine, to help protect my liver, you need to take NAC with a high protein meal, the combination of the amino acids in the protein and NAC will make your liver produce a thing call Glutathione, which is your livers main detoxifier.... Which you will be needing while on HDL,...

....anyways , stay safe, stay healthy, and feel good

^^^sorry also...
....do some research on the NAC before using it, as you can't take it after consuming alcohol, it has to be at least one hour before, or atleast 5 hours after your last drink....if you use it improperly you run the risk of actually damaging your liver, and it does irritate some people's stomach, having it with a meal will most likely take care of any potential discomfort, take it early in your meal, and pack the food on top, and this will take care of that...

.....I usually will eat a few handfulls of nuts, and/or a hard boiled egg, it doesn't have to be a 'full' meal, but you do need the protein with the followingNAC for your liver to produce Glutathione...
...and you can get Glutathione pills, but they are bunk, your stomach acids will destroy it before it reaches your liver..
...the liver has to produce it's own for it to be effective....

....just some health tips
Stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:
It does take a while to kick in for sure...
For me it takes 2 hours or so....I usually will pop all the pills at once, usually 96mg, right before I sleep, me myself has never experienced any nausea or anything, but doing it right when I fall asleep I think I sleep through any discomfort and wake up feeling fine...

....now with my HDL I take a huge load of sodium ascorbate, more than I normally take, I can still poop in the morning because of it, and I take another mega dose of sodium ascorbate in the morning, and for the 2 days im feeling the HDL I up my daily intake of sodium ascorbate in general, and take a supplement called NAC, n-acetyl - cysteine, to help protect my liver, you need to take NAC with a high protein meal, the combination of the amino acids in the protein and NAC will make your liver produce a thing call Glutathione, which is your livers main detoxifier.... Which you will be needing while on HDL,...

....anyways , stay safe, stay healthy, and feel good

^^^sorry also...
....do some research on the NAC before using it, as you can't take it after consuming alcohol, it has to be at least one hour before, or atleast 5 hours after your last drink....if you use it improperly you run the risk of actually damaging your liver, and it does irritate some people's stomach, having it with a meal will most likely take care of any potential discomfort, take it early in your meal, and pack the food on top, and this will take care of that...

.....I usually will eat a few handfulls of nuts, and/or a hard boiled egg, it doesn't have to be a 'full' meal, but you do need the protein with the followingNAC for your liver to produce Glutathione...
...and you can get Glutathione pills, but they are bunk, your stomach acids will destroy it before it reaches your liver..
...the liver has to produce it's own for it to be effective....

....just some health tips
Stay safe

Sodium Ascorbate? Where can I buy this? Is it just the stuff in Vitamin C (would eating a ton of Vitamin C have the same effect?) ? Also is it healthy to be taking both Immodium and this on a regular basis?

Sorry for so many questions hehe

I just talked to a guy who said he used this IV, and it worked very good. I asked him how he IV'd such huge doses, as I took for granted that you needed the same doses as one needs orally, but he told me he only used a few of them.

What do you think? Anyone tested it?

^^^
^^^ Sodium ascorbate is a mineral salt version of ascorbic acid(vitamin C), it is more bioavailable for your body than straight ascorbic acid. It comes in powder form so no binders/fillers that are found in the ascorbic acid tablets....
...some may contend this but I am a total sodium ascorbate advocate, any vitamin C for that matter, the FDA guidelines for daily intake is just the bare minimum to not get Scurvy, it is completely safe to take at 10x and more of the FDA guidelines, also read up on a guy named Linus Pauling and his experiments with MEGA doses of vitamin C, ...
It is a great anti oxidant, it helps produce collagen as well, which helps with your skin healing, IE track marks... And even acne and acne scars, they will heal up quicker
I myself take well over the FDA guidelines of sodium ascorbate on a daily basis, now...
...when you do start mega dosing sodium ascorbate, it will, for the first week to two weeks be completely cleaning out any plaque, or undigested food that has been building in your body, particularly your whole G.I. tract, so you will have the shits, even healthy individuals who eat 'proper' still have lots of buildup of these plaques and undigested food bits, so you will get the shits....this will go away once you're cleared out, and with HDL you want to clear that stuff out, there's a thing called toxic mega colon, so you do not want that...
...it is safe to be taking with HDL, and if you're on HDL everyday, I would certainly recommend using sodium ascorbate or any ascorbic acid....I would stay away from the tablet forms, you should be able to find powder form of each...no binders or fillers, anything to make it easier on your gut whilst on HDL...
...now...seeing how regular use of HDL is by far more unhealthy than just doing it once, I am going to say this...
... This is not a fool proof way of staying %100 healthy on HDL, I'm not saying this will make you impervious to the health consequences of using HDL , it will not make you invincible. But anything to help your body that is already struggling while on HDL....You should do some research, and feel free to ask me any questions , either on here or PM me, I will be happy to answer

Stay safe...

Sodium Ascorbate? Where can I buy this? Is it just the stuff in Vitamin C (would eating a ton of Vitamin C have the same effect?) ? Also is it healthy to be taking both Immodium and this on a regular basis?

Sorry for so many questions hehe

I'm not sure where you're from, but I pick this stuff at a local health food shop near me...
...also do research into brands as well...there is a big difference between all vitamin and mineral supplements, right from total garbage, nothing good in them at all to extremely helpful and bioavailable... So do some research... And feel free to ask, I am pretty familiar with any North American brands, and extremely familiar with Canadian brands....
...so once again, be careful, stay safe...
Once you're a pickle, you can't become a cucumber again...
Take 'r easy

I just talked to a guy who said he used this IV, and it worked very good. I asked him how he IV'd such huge doses, as I took for granted that you needed the same doses as one needs orally, but he told me he only used a few of them.

I'm sorry, you mean I.V. a high dose of loperamide??

And liposomal ascorbic acid is by far the most bioavailable for of an ascorbic acid supplement.. It's a fatty version , it's little packets of fatty/alcohol liquid... These are pretty expensive, but by far the most bioavailable... So essentially you aren't wasting any money through excretion, I get these sometimes, but I regularly get sodium ascorbate...

And liposomal ascorbic acid is by far the most bioavailable for of an ascorbic acid supplement.. It's a fatty version , it's little packets of fatty/alcohol liquid... These are pretty expensive, but by far the most bioavailable... So essentially you aren't wasting any money through excretion, I get these sometimes, but I regularly get sodium ascorbate...

And you can actually make it yourself out of sodium ascorbate...

Just to point out that daily large doses of Vitamin C supplements can cause uncomfortable side effects, such as incontinence.

Injecting loperamide, particularly HDL, is an absolutely horrible idea. You need a chemistry lab to get all the shit out of the pills that will kill you (they're super chalky) and you be working with a huge amount of material. This is just. Really, truly dangerous idea.

Even though the bio-availability of Loperamide is 0.3%, IV'ing it is just asking for trouble. Pgp inhibitors maybe... but IV no way.

Large doses of ascorbic acid , will most likely cause diahrea first, larger doses cause some individuals to absorb to much iron which will cause constipation... The doses large enough are well beyond the doses I am talking about, grams a day over what I am talking about...

The gas and diahrea is just your body flushing out all the undigested food, and putrefied flesh of meat that has been clogging up your G.I., this will stop on average 1 to 2 weeks after its flushed, depending on how healthy your G.I. is and how much processed crappy food one has been ingesting

The FDA guidelines on ascorbic acid intake are well below what you should actually be ingesting to be healthy, it's only the threshold for one not to get Scurvy...
...like anything , to much of something is bad and will cause bad side effects and health concerns, but like I said the FDA guidelines on ascorbic acid are way way lower for one to actually be healthy, just Scurvy prevention...

The human liver lost the ability to produce it's own ascorbic acid, tens of thousands of years ago, most if not all other mammals produce their own ascorbic acid(vitamin C)

Large doses of ascorbic acid , will most likely cause diahrea first, larger doses cause some individuals to absorb to much iron which will cause constipation... The doses large enough are well beyond the doses I am talking about, grams a day over what I am talking about...

The gas and diahrea is just your body flushing out all the undigested food, and putrefied flesh of meat that has been clogging up your G.I., this will stop on average 1 to 2 weeks after its flushed, depending on how healthy your G.I. is and how much processed crappy food one has been ingesting

Now, you will need to consume dietary fibre when ingesting anything that is flushing toxins, as you need the fiber to grab hold of the toxins being flushed, or else they will re absorb through your colon, and lower G.I. in general. Re absorbed toxins in your G.I
tract will end up in your brain, without liver filtration, so dietary fibre is a must...and not to much as to much fibre causes malabsorption and leads to malnutrition...

Do all the research you need, it is your only body...
Stay safe, stay healthy

^ So how do you really feel about Vitamin C ? JK :)

So your saying like 1g tablets are useless or just less desirable than the powder or the Liposomal cocktail? Have any opinions on Cal,Mag,Zinc supplements ?

Back to OT, has anyone ever had any potentiation with piperine from parachuted black pepper (piper nigrum) as far as Pgp inhibition? It has been proven in animal studies but it's inconclusive in humans. Many people take turmeric/ curcumin with pepper to enhance it's effects.

^ So how do you really feel about Vitamin C ? JK :)

So your saying like 1g tablets are useless or just less desirable than the powder or the Liposomal cocktail? Have any opinions on Cal,Mag,Zinc supplements ?

Back to OT, has anyone ever had any potentiation with piperine from parachuted black pepper (piper nigrum) as far as Pgp inhibition? It has been proven in animal studies but it's inconclusive in humans. Many people take turmeric/ curcumin with pepper to enhance it's effects.

The tablets are way less desirable to pretty much useless, as most crappy brands will only have a tablet form, filled with crappy binders and chalk and fillers, these can actually cause more stomach discomfort if not all of it. Gel caps filled with powder would be better if going that route. Those stupid gummy vitamins are essentially useless, those commercials are hilarious where grown adults can't take normal supplements and need a 'candy' flavoured gummy bear just to tolerate vitamin/mineral supplements...

The liposomal is by far the most bioavailable, but it's expensive to buy, but there is essentially no product wasted, so I guess weigh out the pros and cons individually... And they can be made at home...
I do have lots of info on the other mineral supplements you asked about, but I guess it is off topic of this thread...
...feel free to PM me , I will not hesitate to help in any way I can...

I was out of lope today, decided to see how long I could stomach it. I made it to about 10 hours past my normal dose time. I sweated a lot, stomach discomfort, kinda nauseous, not hungry, tired. Essentially feeling useless but without the acute agony of opioid withdrawal. Took 14mg. Symptoms should be resolving in the next hour (2 hours after ingestion is when I start to feel effect).

Ugh that sucks man. Let us know how it goes, if it helps. What has you loperamide use been like prior to this?

Yep, feeling 'normal' now. I use quotes because my body has no idea what normal is by this point.
I have been using lope as a maintenance med for about 6 years, on and off between using other opioids, and since jumping off subs 7 months ago I have been using it daily starting at 24mg, and currently at 10-14mg.

At least you're on a pretty reasonable dose. Far safer than higher dose use for certain. What have you continue taking it to treat symptom wise? Have you been regular using other opioids?

That kinda nuts you experience bad withdrawal from such a "small" (all is relative after all) habit. What are the symptoms like when you go without?

So little is well documented about loperamide withdrawal. Folks didn't even think you could really maintain or withdrawal from it until somewhat recently. It's always great to hear all the details.

Do you use anything other than the loperamide you mentioned?