• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate bringing up an old forum, but after a 500 MG daily OXYcodone for the last 5 years daily, I finally quit cold turkey. After day two I had enough of WD's, I got out my Imodium and took 36 MGs this morning and WD's aren't gone 100% and I still have the pain that I originally was put this regiment on for exists (1995 Harley accident - broke almost every major bone, balls ripped off, bladder popped, ETC.) but I feel NORMAL. I have WD MANY times and I have a HUGE dependency on my pain meds.

Thank you for everyones INFORMATIVE information, I just spent the last 3 hour reading every single post on all 20 pages (but what else could i do after starting my 3rd day of WD I couldn't move until now).

Last edited:
Update: around 6 I fell back into WD's, so I dosed another 40 MGs of Imodium, I fell almost asleep and became very sedated. But by 8 I seem to actually feel good, I even ate and laughed. So for me at least it is helping.

WTF!LoL

Do you usually take 100 loperamide pills at once?

As a matter of fact a lot of people do, and a lot of people that do report a signifigant change in perception and if you're in withdrawl almost everyone claims that it reduces if not negates all withdrawl symptoms. Sure it sounds crazy, but I have been doing it on and off for almost 2 years now and I have no health problems whatsoever.

So laughing at someone taking these pills to reduce their withdrawl or get high may seem funny, but it's not much different than doing coke or heroin that was made doing god knows what in some 3rd world country.

doesn't taking that high dose of lope leave you super constipated???????????

Jeez. I just finished a small lope taper because of a heroin 2 week binge. This time I got clogged up pretty bad. I think it was because I was not only drinking alot of alcohol, but not enough water. I just got a small amount of black and thought it would last maybe 4 days. Damn stuff was so incredibly potent I ended up getting ripped for 13 damn days. It was like black, shiny glass.

But anyway I knew after that lil' binge I would need the lope. It worked, no WD's, but damn. Oh so very constipated! Painful cramps and all.

So remember kids, drink PLENTY of water, and careful with the dehydrating alc.

^ Exactly. If you keep hydrated you will be fine. That holds true for all opiods.

how not? thats like wayyyy more than the suggested amount

Because suggested ammounts are always low. I know how this sounds, it's not a joke, it's not a troll, it's a serious method of dealing with withdrawl that several respected users have used.

As long as you stay hydrated you will be able to shit just fine, I have taken 200mg of lope and taken a shit 12 hours later.

^It's not exactly a good drug to catch a buzz off. It's mostly used to negate withdrawl symptoms to make your day more managable without running to the toilet every 30 mins and being so fatigued that you can't even lift your legs to walk.

The buzz you -would- catch while taking it sober and not in withdrawl would be similar to a hangover from alcohol. Dehydrated and dizzy.

Edit: Tickle if you want more info on it just send me some PMs, better than havin a discussion in the thread without really contributing much to the thread, ya know?

^THANK YOU.

I actually unapproved tickle's post before I saw your response. Posts like that contribute nothing to the discussion, have no harm reduction value, interest no one but the poster and will generally be unapproved.

Im glad to see that there are less and less haters as the discussion progresses, and would just like to confirm the reports about lope alleviating wd completely at the much higher than recomended doses(80mg+), while being able to poo within 12 hours, and would have to say that tapering with this drug is BY FAR the easiest opioid/opiate to taper down with. Coming from a 10 year habit (hydro->oxy->bupe(and any other opioid i could get)) loperamide is a god send. Getting it cheap is a must.
Only catch i find with lope is that if you take mega doses(200mg+), you either have to wait a couple of days to do it again or take considerably lower doses the next days(i find redosing the next day very uncomfortable). Unless your tolerance is that high in which case i suggest using another opioid to taper with.

I can attest first hand that it helped me, but as you said at higher doses. And I had a huge tolerance for over 5 years of using opiates. The only issue I had other than light WD's which where bearable, was a stomach ache which went away in time. But that could also have been from the WD's and not eating, so who knows.

Quick question... been taking Loperamide & Suboxone daily for 3+ years. Both extremely low doses (2-4mg a day, and 0.5mg a day respectively). Don't abuse or try to get high from either.

Recently quick taking Loperamide cold turkey without really thinking about it as 'quitting'. I don't have any IBS issues anymore since I've been clean so i figured why the fuck do I still take this shit? Anyhow...I have been having a number of opiate-type W/D symptoms...could this be from going cold turkey off 2mg a day of lope or is that too low of a dose to feel 2+ weeks of minor opiate W/D (fatigue, runny nose, watering eyes, yawning, restlessness, and extremely horrible insomnia)?

And another question, hypothetically (i have no urge to do this) but would one be able to get the "lope high" while on Suboxone or does the bupe prevent any of the loperamide that does cross the BBB from attaching to the mu?

^Lope can be addicting at a low amount, probably that low of an amount. The "effects" you "feel" from loperamide are likely not from any little amount attaching to mu receptors in the brain but rather the receptors in the gut, which IMO explains why it takes like two hours to feel anything. This is just a theory, but it makes quite a bit of sense to me.

it is much more likely that the withdrawls you are feeling is from the bupe. I quit off of it at about 1/3 mg day and felt wd's much the same as high dose hydrocodone.

Status
Not open for further replies.