• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... one day i downed 50 skittles.

I imagined with all my might, that i am taking loperamide, and that it will get me high. I actually bought the skittles from the pharmacy, walked home, did my grapefruit juice extraction etc. took some benadryl, downed the juice, waited a half hour, and then ate the skittles, imagining i am eating loperamide.

i actually felt high after a good 45 minutes. There was something, i couldn't put my finger on, but it felt opiateesque and lasted a good 4 hours.

Placebo? You decide.

I imagined with all my might, that i am taking loperamide, and that it will get me high. I actually bought the skittles from the pharmacy, walked home, did my grapefruit juice extraction etc. took some benadryl, downed the juice, waited a half hour, and then ate the skittles, imagining i am eating loperamide.

i actually felt high after a good 45 minutes. There was something, i couldn't put my finger on, but it felt opiateesque and lasted a good 4 hours.

Placebo? You decide.

lmao this is really funny to me.. because i am high and on oxy possibly but i think i am going to try this one night

Hopefully this will help calm the debate about loperamide. I know I haven't been around BL for that long, and maybe my threads and posts aren't always the greatest...but I am a very intelligent and credible person. So...
Out of boredom, morbid curiosity (and diarrhea--I have the flu right now) I decided to swallow 96 mg (48 pills, ugh) about an hour ago. My tolerance is low as I rarely use opiates anymore (but I was a hardcore H addict for many years, so I am experienced).
The onset was very slow, but an hour later my stomach feels very warm, and the warmth is beginning to spread. My nose is itching like crazy, and the itch is also starting to spread. I am in a MUCH better mood now. I had been down in the dumps (no pun intended) for several days because of this flu bug, and now suddenly I feel alert, happy, and no longer restricted to the couch.
Now, try telling me that's not typical of an opioid drug? And don't start rattling off about the BBB, about how it's only active in the gut, blah blah blah....because I am definitely opiated.

Placebo? You decide.

If you were the only one reporting this, I'd be inclined to call it placebo.

If, on the other hand, numerous opiate addicts claimed that eating Skittles took away some or most of their withdrawal symptoms, I'd be more inclined to think that perhaps there was something in the Skittles which was interacting with the opiate receptors.

I take it you have experimented with loperamide and found that it did nothing for you? Or have you decided that loperamide simply can't work, and that anyone who says otherwise must be deluded or suffering from a "placebo effect?"

Pushing the 2 hour mark:
I am very sleepy. My eyes feel very dry and bloodshot. I looked in the mirror and I look bombed (but I'm not, at least not yet). Appetite has increased. Mental status: calm, content, almost apathetic (like when high on opiates...duh!). My body is VERY warm and flushed. I'm itchy.
So far, so good...and remember, this was 96 mg. No pronounced euphoria, just a feeling of well being and a pretty heavy body load. But I will say this--
I'm now a believer. I've been converted. I've been saved. Amen!

Summary: lope DOES cross the BBB in small amounts. Lope is active in small amounts, so if enough crosses the BBB it will have (minimal) effect, but there IS an UNDENIABLE effect. It's impossible to say how much has crossed my BBB, but 96 mg produced an effect similar to taking maybe 300 mg of tramadol (only it's sedating).

Last edited:
Pushing the 2 hour mark:
I am very sleepy. My eyes feel very dry and bloodshot. I looked in the mirror and I look bombed (but I'm not, at least not yet). Appetite has increased. Mental status: calm, content, almost apathetic (like when high on opiates...duh!). My body is VERY warm and flushed. I'm itchy.
So far, so good...and remember, this was 96 mg. No pronounced euphoria, just a feeling of well being and a pretty heavy body load. But I will say this--
I'm now a believer. I've been converted. I've been saved. Amen!

Summary: lope DOES cross the BBB in small amounts. Lope is active in small amounts, so if enough crosses the BBB it will have (minimal) effect, but there IS an UNDENIABLE effect. It's impossible to say how much has crossed my BBB, but 96 mg produced an effect similar to taking maybe 300 mg of tramadol (only it's sedating).

Do you have an opiate tolerance? Just curious because it works so well for you. I'm jealous! (Although comparing it to tramadol kind of lowers my hopes for it.)

^I don't have a tolerance anymore, but I am experienced (3+ years of H, Dilaudid and fentanyl addiction).
The last time I used was on Monday evening, and I took 300 mg of codeine and 30 mg of hydrocodone.
And yes, I find it comparable to tramadol, or a moderate dose of codeine. But even though I really have no tolerance per se, I was addicted to opiates TO THE EXTREME when I was addicted, so I have that ever-persistent "mental tolerance" where my brain tricks me into thinking I need more of something to get high. Know what I mean?
Update: It has been approximately six hours since I dosed and the only lingering effect to speak of is my dry eyes and itching. I still feel pretty good, but the mood lift is gone. And so is my diarrhea!

Last edited:
Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out there and say that this is a complete troll. I say this because I recall someone with this exact name (a troll name if I've ever heard one) making these exact same claims...with the same wording if I remember correctly. I'll admit it is kinda funny to watch these threads get ignited, but for real, but the OP is pure troll.

If there was a way for laymen to actually make loperamide worth anything whatsoever, without some pretty extensive chemistry, people would know all about it. It's not like loperamide is really new. Plenty of smart people have had plenty of time to look at it and nothing came out of it, so the chance that any normal person could make it work is very slim.

some of the smartest people I know on the subject say "no way, no how"

yet, experience says otherwise....and you think half the people in the thread are trolls?

this is one case where it's purely "dont knock it, TILL you've tried it"

@Uber Penguin: you are dearly wrong. I'm no troll. I am highly experienced with opiates, I gave it a try, and it worked. It wasn't anything to write home about, but it worked.
@FattyAcid: well said, my man. Well said.

I think what the non-believers are missing is that (from wiki) "Loperamide molecules do not cross the blood-brain barrier in significant amounts". Well when you start taking 10x-20x the normal dosage (and higher), that "insignificant" amount becomes "significant" enough to cause some effects. Some have also speculated that in forcing that much lope, P-glycoprotein just can't keep up in throwing it all back out. In any case, a small % does cross the BBB, but you won't feel anything on low doses. Now whether the high is worth it, well that's still a matter of opinion. Most people that have tried it for w/opiate withdrawal would probably agree that at the right dosage it helps tremendously with w/d symptoms. For me, 20-30mgs holds me fine for most of the day. Larger habits may require higher dosages, you'll just have to see what works for you.
Oh, and IME taking large dosages of lope won't leave you shit-less for days, it's an opiate, it acts like one (constipation), the only reason it's allowed as a diarrhea med is cause at low doses you don't get high. You should be able to go after a it wears off like any other opiate.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out there and say that this is a complete troll. I say this because I recall someone with this exact name (a troll name if I've ever heard one) making these exact same claims...with the same wording if I remember correctly. I'll admit it is kinda funny to watch these threads get ignited, but for real, but the OP is pure troll.

If there was a way for laymen to actually make loperamide worth anything whatsoever, without some pretty extensive chemistry, people would know all about it. It's not like loperamide is really new. Plenty of smart people have had plenty of time to look at it and nothing came out of it, so the chance that any normal person could make it work is very slim.

Why even get involved in a topic when you don't know what you're talking about?

^Thanks for the nice scaulding. I needed that. I'm shit at spelling, i know. I'm a street person, not an edumacated one. I just don't like cruelty, or flaming. I just hope somone finds out how to get this across the BBB Quick. Or this thread will be a waste, well apart from helping people with w/ds. Is good to see it's helped people. Peace.

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread while searching around for withdrawal aids. I went to the local Walgreens and purchased 96 tablets of generic loperamide and decided to start out with taking 48 tablets in one dose. About an hour later all of my withdrawal symptoms went away. I know it sounds like bullshit but I'm able to eat burritos, drink milk, go out, work, etc. without any problem whatsoever. Since my pain doctor burned the nerves causing pain in my cervical spine I no longer have intense cravings for narcotics. I hope that this is the last time I ever have to withdraw from opiates.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help!

^This is what BL is all about IMO. It's great to see suffering reduced. Much love to all the positive poeple here. This thread would be viewed by some (even some who posted here) as a childish or useless thread. But it turns out that we have 2 x greenlighters who have joined BL just to say thankyou. This is a great result IMO. Because i imagine that many many more would have trolled this thread and taken usefull info that helped them. I trolled this sight many times b4 joining btw. Much love to all here. When many people get together for one goal, anything is possible. Even getting high off of Lope! So thankyou Bluelight, and all it's members. Cheers.

^I very much agree!

When I joined BL and saw loperamide threads (which were more about getting high than w/d cessation) I thought, "God the shit desperate people will do to TRY to catch a buzz!" and that they were full of shit (pun intended).

Then after reading people like sixpartseven espousing the miraculous benefit it can have in withdrawal and down the road trying it for myself, I've come to be quite the advocate and recommend it to anyone who has to withdrawal and doesn't have access to other opioids to maintain or taper with.

So you come to a thread that's been active for MONTHS, featuring dozens of people claiming that Loperamide has helped them through the worst of their withdrawals and a few even suggesting they felt euphoria, to tell us that the OP's claims are false? Did the OP make up all of the replies to the thread? More importantly, have...you...ever...tried...it.

I don't get high on loperamide. My tolerance is through the f-ing roof. But when my script runs out and I start getting restless legs, the sweats, runny nose, sleeplessness, dysphoria, aches...I take about 20mgs of Lope and two hours later, I'm back to normal.

Not high, not great, not awesome...normal. I swear by it and I know it's not placebo and I'm not a troll. if you don't think it's a good withdrawal aid, don't use it, but don't come into a thread telling us we're all liars because it's helped us.

^This is why I love BL... you got one person who spouts uninformed, inaccurate BS and then 7-8 people reply correcting the factual inaccuracies.

I know its hard to believe that imodium is as effective as so many have found it but if you understand the science thoroughly and are smart enough to not ignore the overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence, the reality is rather clear.

I took ~30mg lope the other day after about ~15g kratom and I'm pretty convinced it had an effect. Nausea was unbearable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.