• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Loperamide for withdrawals

I’ve used Loperamide several times on its own to get rid of withdrawls from Opiates. It has such a long half life I’ve never had to use it for more than three days. No withdrawls from it at all.
I realize this is an old thread but your comment is what I am considering. I have been using .5 to a gram of H a day pretty consistently for quite a while. So I have been tapering the last couple days and will get down as low as I can before I take the leap. When I do jump off do I just take 20-30mg of Loperamide to ease the wd symptoms? I’m hoping it’s the miracle people say it is because wd completely incapacitates me

It helps a whole lot. You have to take enough and that amount seems to vary between individuals. Personally I will take 48mg and it'll do the trick, 20mg wouldn't do it for me. It doesn't make you feel 100% but it removes the restless legs/arms (which is HUGE for me because the restlessness is possibly the worst part of withdrawal for me since I can't sleep a wink and it makes me feel like I'm going insane), and removes the shitting/nausea and helps the depression and anxiety a good bit. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable. It seems to dry my insides out a lot, which can produce its own discomfort but it sure beats full withdrawal.

It helps a whole lot. You have to take enough and that amount seems to vary between individuals. Personally I will take 48mg and it'll do the trick, 20mg wouldn't do it for me. It doesn't make you feel 100% but it removes the restless legs/arms (which is HUGE for me because the restlessness is possibly the worst part of withdrawal for me since I can't sleep a wink and it makes me feel like I'm going insane), and removes the shitting/nausea and helps the depression and anxiety a good bit. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable. It seems to dry my insides out a lot, which can produce its own discomfort but it sure beats full withdrawal.
I have never taken it because I have never heard of it being used to alleviate wd symptoms. But I’m in the process of tapering my h use now and soon I will stop it all together. At that point I am considering possibly looking into kratom or Imodium to get me through the wd and then stopping that as well. There isn’t an option for me here I MUST stop and get clean. But withdrawals literally feels like I am dying. When in wd I can barely get out of bed to walk to the bathroom, I have zero strength and cannot keep anything down. So I always give in and go back to h. So I am thinking kratom or loperamide for 5 days then subs if I need them (I have 8 left so I have to make them count). But those 8 can actually give me 32 doses.

I realize this is an old thread but your comment is what I am considering. I have been using .5 to a gram of H a day pretty consistently for quite a while. So I have been tapering the last couple days and will get down as low as I can before I take the leap. When I do jump off do I just take 20-30mg of Loperamide to ease the wd symptoms? I’m hoping it’s the miracle people say it is because wd completely incapacitates me
The way to get it to work the best is getting g the dose right. I would think 30 mg would be a good starting point. Remember it takes a good two hours to work, so don’t dose again because you still feel like crap an hour later. It does work! Good luck, keep us posted. Also, read up on loperamide in mega doses and heart dysthymias… 30 mg isn’t a mega dose though🙂

yeah at least 2 hours, usually takes like 3 and the full relief takes more like 4 hours for me, that's just me though. Then it lasts a solid 24 hours.

The way to get it to work the best is getting g the dose right. I would think 30 mg would be a good starting point. Remember it takes a good two hours to work, so don’t dose again because you still feel like crap an hour later. It does work! Good luck, keep us posted. Also, read up on loperamide in mega doses and heart dysthymias… 30 mg isn’t a mega dose though🙂
Well I started wd last night and took 24mg of lope and I was in disbelief. I know so many people who suffer in between their fixes and I wonder if they have ever heard of this. It took away most of the wd but I am left with a few minor things that I am more than happy to endure if it means I can escape my addiction. So now I am already considering my taper. At 24mg the first day, would a -2mg/day be too aggressive? Not aggressive enough? I read that daily dose should be taken all at once to be most effective. Is this true or could I take 4mg every 3-4 hours. Just trying to come up with a realistic way to be free of all of drugs asap but still be able to work and function under the radar. Thanks for your help so far!

2mg every few hours won’t work…take another 24 mg the next day if that worked for you. Don’t take it though for more then 3-4 days and be sure to drink lots of water or gaterade. Glad it helped!

2mg every few hours won’t work…take another 24 mg the next day if that worked for you. Don’t take it though for more then 3-4 days and be sure to drink lots of water or gaterade. Glad it helped!
It will take longer than 3-4 days to taper off won’t it? If I just stop in 3-4 days then why take it at all, I’ll hit withdrawal anyway. My objective is to taper it off to minimize w/d

It wouldn't be separate addictions or withdrawals. Loperamide is an opiod with mostly peripheral activity, so as it starts to leave your body(long half life) some slight RLS or peripheral withdrawal symptoms could return but it should be very minimal and in my experience you shouldn't feel much worse than you already feel.

If it becomes unbearable again than perhaps you could take a smaller dose. Then in a few days, if it's unbearable again, repeat with an even smaller dose but you should be fine. Staying clean is a marathon with lots of ups and downs, good days and bad days. You should look into getting some support or ways of dealing with the inevitable tough(bad) days to come.
So sorry to reply on your post but I am new here and I can’t figure out how to post my own post. And I’m a little worried because I have decided to use loperamide for my heroin withdraws and I’m curious because I was reading that loperamide doesn’t kick in for at least 24 hours or more so yesterday I did my usual gram of H and then at night I took about 20mgs of loperamide before bed right before I did my last shot of H. Then in the morning I took another 10mgs of Lolperamide and found a hidden stash of H, about 30 bucks worth and smoke that. Can anyone give me an idea as to if I screwed up my entire plan to use just loperamide to get off H? Or did it Screw up my tolerance just using both together for two days? Can I just continue my taper stop the heroine completely and use loperamide at low doses for the next four days jump off and be OK?

Whats up everybody?

Well I'm here on my fifth day without Heroin and most of my withdrawal symptoms seem to be going away. My RLS is almost gone(Thank God) and I'm really only left with chills and goosebumps as far as physical symptoms go. I was using Kratom heavily the first three days and ran out, but I feel fine enough without it. So no withdrawals there from Kratom. But I was also using 20mg of loperamide with that every twelve hours or so starting on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and one last dose of 30mg Friday morning. Reading here how painful withdrawals can be from Loperamide has me a little worried.

My question is this, how many days in a row can one use Loperamide without fear of WD's? Is it safe to assume that I shouldn't have to worry? I figured a few days was too short a time to become addicted but I know it takes a long time for the symptoms to show. I'm pretty anxious about it because I just started feeling better today and would hate to be thrown back into WD's. Anybody experience WD's from short term use like this? Thanks in advance ya'll!
Sorry I’m new here and I really am dying to ask you guys some questions as I’m new to blue light but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to post anything other than commenting on someone else’s post

I use loperamide on a daily basis, in conjunction with other anti diarrheal meds and opiates because of my severe, unique case of Crohn’s Disease. I’ve been using loperamide daily for over a decade. So no, there will be no withdrawal from using it several days until you receive more heroin.
What do you mean by until you receive more heroin? So if you just jump off the loperamide right then and there you’ll be fine but if you use heroin after that and prolong your tolerance then you will have withdraws?

What do you mean by until you receive more heroin? So if you just jump off the loperamide right then and there you’ll be fine but if you use heroin after that and prolong your tolerance then you will have withdraws?
What question have you? I know you’ve replied to a few messages here but I’m not sure it’s the right thread for tou?

What question have you? I know you’ve replied to a few messages here but I’m not sure it’s the right thread for tou?
Well I just recently figured out about low power mode for heroin withdrawal I’ve been using heroin for over 10 years and bought some loperamide last night. But I’m worried because I took the loperamide with the heroine now for two days in a row but I’m out of heroin now and plan on using loperamide for the next five days but nothing over a week and I’m wondering if I ruined my loperamide taper by using heroin two days in a row with it

Well I just recently figured out about low power mode for heroin withdrawal I’ve been using heroin for over 10 years and bought some loperamide last night. But I’m worried because I took the loperamide with the heroine now for two days in a row but I’m out of heroin now and plan on using loperamide for the next five days but nothing over a week and I’m wondering if I ruined my loperamide taper by using heroin two days in a row with it
You’re going to be ok, using loperamide won’t fuck anything up I shouldn’t think.

I don’t know what your usage is so I don’t know how much lope you need to take to keep you nearly out of WDs.

Let us know more about your use if you don’t mind.

You’re going to be ok, using loperamide won’t fuck anything up I shouldn’t think.

I don’t know what your usage is so I don’t know how much lope you need to take to keep you nearly out of WDs.

Let us know more about your use if you don’t mind.
Well I’ve been using heroin for about two decades on a Suboxone and heroin but I haven’t used Suboxone since April of last year I kept cold turkey for a month and then said screw it and started using heroin again my dosage as of now is a little over a gram a day. Last night well yesterday I had a gram of H, I smoked some and I did like two or three shots. I went to the pharmacy and picked up some loperamide and I took 600 mg of tagamet followed with 20 mg of loperamide with some grapefruit juice about 20 minutes after my last shot of heroin. Then in the morning I took 10 mg of loperamide with another 400 mg tagamet and for some reason my stomach did not like that and I threw up but I could feel at least three of the Loperamide Pills. To my surprise as I’m cleaning out my room and getting rid of all my dope supplies found an old stash that I forgot about it was about $30 worth I just smoked that and it took me about till 1 PM this afternoon to smoke $30 worth and then I took another 10 mg of loperamide and that’s pretty much where I’m at right now

Well I’ve been using heroin for about two decades on a Suboxone and heroin but I haven’t used Suboxone since April of last year I kept cold turkey for a month and then said screw it and started using heroin again my dosage as of now is a little over a gram a day. Last night well yesterday I had a gram of H, I smoked some and I did like two or three shots. I went to the pharmacy and picked up some loperamide and I took 600 mg of tagamet followed with 20 mg of loperamide with some grapefruit juice about 20 minutes after my last shot of heroin. Then in the morning I took 10 mg of loperamide with another 400 mg tagamet and for some reason my stomach did not like that and I threw up but I could feel at least three of the Loperamide Pills. To my surprise as I’m cleaning out my room and getting rid of all my dope supplies found an old stash that I forgot about it was about $30 worth I just smoked that and it took me about till 1 PM this afternoon to smoke $30 worth and then I took another 10 mg of loperamide and that’s pretty much where I’m at right now
I’m really not sure how much Lope you should use as it’s pretty all over the place.

I think you should be ok on 24mg for now. See how you get on and get back to us.

So sorry to reply on your post but I am new here and I can’t figure out how to post my own post. And I’m a little worried because I have decided to use loperamide for my heroin withdraws and I’m curious because I was reading that loperamide doesn’t kick in for at least 24 hours or more so yesterday I did my usual gram of H and then at night I took about 20mgs of loperamide before bed right before I did my last shot of H. Then in the morning I took another 10mgs of Lolperamide and found a hidden stash of H, about 30 bucks worth and smoke that. Can anyone give me an idea as to if I screwed up my entire plan to use just loperamide to get off H? Or did it Screw up my tolerance just using both together for two days? Can I just continue my taper stop the heroine completely and use loperamide at low doses for the next four days jump off and be OK?
You didn't screw up. You should be able to continue your lope taper plan. It doesn't take 24hrs to kick in, usually 4-5hrs for full effects but if you have a huge habit don't expect a miracle. It will definitely take away the worst of the physical symptoms. Just make sure you taper after a few days. Good luck and if you have any more questions, I stop in farely often, so don't hesitate to ask.

Make sure you have a plan to deal with the issues that made you use in the first place. I suggest maybe checking out a support group. They have lots of good online groups, from smart recovery and Na. Wishing you the best my friend.

I’m really not sure how much Lope you should use as it’s pretty all over the place.

I think you should be ok on 24mg for now. See how you get on and get back to us.
OK thank you so much for the advice… Also I was wondering really my main question was did I fuck up my tolerance or my plans to use a Loperamide to get off heroin by using it with heroin for two days? Or a day and a half

You didn't screw up. You should be able to continue your lope taper plan. It doesn't take 24hrs to kick in, usually 4-5hrs for full effects but if you have a huge habit don't expect a miracle. It will definitely take away the worst of the physical symptoms. Just make sure you taper after a few days. Good luck and if you have any more questions, I stop in farely often, so don't hesitate to ask.

Make sure you have a plan to deal with the issues that made you use in the first place. I suggest maybe checking out a support group. They have lots of good online groups, from smart recovery and Na. Wishing you the best my friend.
Thank you so much… I am so done with all of this bullshit I’ve been going through it for 20 years and lost every opportunity in life because of it and now I’m almost 40 my partying days are long gone I just want to use this loperamide for five days maybe six days max at lowest dosage is possible to get off this shit once and for all

OK thank you so much for the advice… Also I was wondering really my main question was did I fuck up my tolerance or my plans to use a Loperamide to get off heroin by using it with heroin for two days? Or a day and a half
You didn’t fuck up your tolerance. Just use the lope and see how you get on.

Remember, lope does cause heart issues so you don’t want to be relying on It it or using it to often.