• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide and withdrawals ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazyfrog-

its all generation man, every age group imo was raised a different way. I have 2 older brothers, me being the youngest, none of them even smoke cigs. No drugs, nothing. They both graduated high school, I didn't.
When I got started on opiates it was also hydrocodone, cuz all my friends did it, I thought to myself I cant be the loser in my group of friends (I was young, 16, didn't know better), 20mg of hydrocodone would make me feel like superman when I 1st started on opiates. But the thing that sucks, is tolerance. My tolerance was rising quick, and fast, after 2 years of hydrocodone (80-140mg/daily), I switched to a stronger one, oxycodone, I used that for 3 years (120-200mg/daily), oxy is super expensive as everyone should know, in those 5 years use of hydro then oxy, I can honestly say I spent over $100,000 on drugs. I've never been to jail, because I would steal from my family, instead of going to stores or on the streets to rob people etc...for that very reason, not to get locked up. After 3 years of oxy, I moved on to smoking black tAr heroin for 1 year. You don't know how much ive stolen from my family, ill do ANYTHING to take that back. esp. how theyre STILL supporting me 100% even after all the trouble I put them through. My mom had a $75,000 necklace. it was VERY heavy, and beautiful. I pawned that :( He first offered me $3,000, I looked at him, and just was about to walk out, then he yells FIVE, he REALLY wanted that necklace. So I gave it to him for $5,000. That's just ONE of the items ive stolen from my family to feed my habit. After all that, the last 2 years and a few months ive been on methadone. I'm currently tapering off of benzos (Valium and Xanax) using klonopin, which my doc RX'd me to taper down.

Crazy frog-

Yes, Methadone is used in the treatment of opiate w/d, but it is also a painkiller/narcotic, just like Vicodin and Heroin.
If your tolerance is low on opiates, I strongly recommend not going on it, its a super strong opiate and someone without the right tolerance can easily OD.

Now, comparing the highs, id take methadone over hydrocodone any day. Methadone has a unique euphoria, and lasts all day. Vicodin has too much apap, and CWE imo wastes the hydro.
Yes, methadone made me gain weight, but that's good because I lost A LOT of weight when I was using Hydro/oxy/heroin. I finally look normal again, lol.
Those drugs literally made me super skinny, and a nasty pale skin color. After I got on methadone, to be honest, my life seems normal again.

But yeah man, its all about tolerance..how is your tolerance to opiates, right now?

You are correct. I only found the 2mg ones. And yes I took 48 at once.hehehe. that's because i heard other taking that amount or even more like 300mg. But i won't go more than 48 tabs 96mg. Here's the time line for 96mg.
1:30 into the dosage my energy got zapped. Felt very tired and fatigued . 3 to 4 hours my voices started to go. It got very groggy froggy like for about 30 to 1 hour. On the 5th hour... all withdrawal symptoms were GONE. Id say 99.99% gone. I felt at peace and normal. I felt so normal that i ended takibg a walk to a local store and took my time browsing for small snacks. I was contempt. Almost like i dosed on real hydro but with outvthe mental high. It was different. But it was enough to make me absolutely normal. Unfortunately . ..i did geta new rx for 5\325 lortabs. 100 count the day. So i did not find out how long the lope would have worked. Fast forward 2 weeks and im here. Day 10 no opiates and no lope. And finally feeling slight wd. But this is tolerable compared to full wd. And what's a miracle. .. i finally got withdrawal symptomson day 10 rrather than the next day like we all do. So im a believer . I guarantee you that. Yeah.. you had a stronger habit . Saving all those meds for wd is smart for sur3. You must have incredible will power!lol. I can't taper. I gobble up opiates like crazy if i have them. Either i get agood euphoria from popping a dose or fuck me. Lol. So tapering i can never do. I do recall trying the taper methods, didn't last half the day. I had to get that good feeling so i popped a nice dosage.

I would try lope only when you are ready to quit. Just give it a shot .and wait at least 4 hours for results. And i would suggest a minimum of 60 to 70mg of lope. For me. . I noticed anything above 36mg eliminates all wd for at least 48 hours. That's just my experience. I'm so happy i found lope. And at this moment. . I have no hot flashes no more and depression is gone. I feel normal. I have slight Cravings, but that's a given specially when im posting here and thinking about pills.lol. but the cravings are minimal. So good luck and post anything questions. I created this thread because i actually had a complete successful elimination of wd with lope. And lope alone, nothing else. Not even with ibuprofen or tylenol or and vitamins ir grapefruit juice. Just lope.

yeah that's awesome to hear that its working good for you man. In your OP, I saw you were on only 30-40mg of hydrocodone a day. That's not too high imo, your w/d's shouldn't have been that bad?

To be honest with you, When I started on opiates it was also hydrocodone, I was taking 80-120mg daily for 2 years. I quit cold turkey, for 6 months, it was no easy ride, I was puking, diareaha, waking up every 2 hours drenched in sweat, RLS, depression, anxiety, pretty much a full blown w/d.

The biggest mistake I made in my life was, after quitting hydrocodone for 6 months, I thought to myself, if I got thru this hell of a W/d, I should be able to do the same and get off OXYCODONE, but boy. WAS I WRONG. My tolerance NEVER went down, even after no opiates for 6 months, so I needed 40mg of oxy every 4-6 hours to feel good and stay out of w/d (140-200mg/daily. a year went by, im like its time to quit, but I had no idea how much more worse oxy w/d is compared to hydro. I stopped for 9 days, of PURE HELL. It was NOT going away, with hydro, I was feeling normal on day 5. But oxy, I was taking the IRs (perc 10s and Roxicodones, no oxycontin), after 9 days the w/d was still there so I took myself to the hospital and they saw me really sick, I didn't tell them I was in w/d or else I know they would've said ur just a drug addict whos seeking a fix. Instead I called 911 for an ambulance, telling them im super sick, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, back pain, deprerssion, anxiety. After about 5-6 hours I finally saw the Doctor in the ER. I told him exactly what I just said, and he ordered me a nice list of meds to make me feel better.

These were all IV (I've never IV'd out of the hospital), he ordered me-

Water (before I saw the doctor, I was really de-hydrated so they were IVing me water)
Morphine (for pain)
Ativan (for depression, anxiety)
Promethazine (for nausea/vomiting, and stomach issues)

oh my god, what a relief, it was like coming out of hell and going to heaven after I get medicated.

So yeah I couldn't do the oxy w/d, that's what got me trapped, it eventually became to expensive, so I started smoking black tar heroin for a year.

Now the last 2 1/2 years ive been on methadone.
and honestly it changed my life for the good, you don't have to depend on your dealer all the time for your drug of choice, you know you'll be getting methadone every morning and you know you wont be in w/d anymore, no more sneaking out to get high, stealing from my family, staying away from my family, the list goes on and on.

If you're stuck on hardcore opiates and cant get off,
I really recommend methadone, if you have medi-cal (Which I do), you get free methadone, with any dose. But if you don't have medi-cal, prices range from 10-20$/ a day.

I took loperamide with paroxetine and grapefruit juice and got "high". There was no euphoria, but my body felt heavy and I wanted to sleep. Woke up feeling satisfied and this was 72 hours into a full on oxy withdrawal.

crazyfrog-

its all generation man, every age group imo was raised a different way. I have 2 older brothers, me being the youngest, none of them even smoke cigs. No drugs, nothing. They both graduated high school, I didn't.
When I got started on opiates it was also hydrocodone, cuz all my friends did it, I thought to myself I cant be the loser in my group of friends (I was young, 16, didn't know better), 20mg of hydrocodone would make me feel like superman when I 1st started on opiates. But the thing that sucks, is tolerance. My tolerance was rising quick, and fast, after 2 years of hydrocodone (80-140mg/daily), I switched to a stronger one, oxycodone, I used that for 3 years (120-200mg/daily), oxy is super expensive as everyone should know, in those 5 years use of hydro then oxy, I can honestly say I spent over $100,000 on drugs. I've never been to jail, because I would steal from my family, instead of going to stores or on the streets to rob people etc...for that very reason, not to get locked up. After 3 years of oxy, I moved on to smoking black tAr heroin for 1 year. You don't know how much ive stolen from my family, ill do ANYTHING to take that back. esp. how theyre STILL supporting me 100% even after all the trouble I put them through. My mom had a $75,000 necklace. it was VERY heavy, and beautiful. I pawned that :( He first offered me $3,000, I looked at him, and just was about to walk out, then he yells FIVE, he REALLY wanted that necklace. So I gave it to him for $5,000. That's just ONE of the items ive stolen from my family to feed my habit. After all that, the last 2 years and a few months ive been on methadone. I'm currently tapering off of benzos (Valium and Xanax) using klonopin, which my doc RX'd me to taper down.

Crazy frog-

Yes, Methadone is used in the treatment of opiate w/d, but it is also a painkiller/narcotic, just like Vicodin and Heroin.
If your tolerance is low on opiates, I strongly recommend not going on it, its a super strong opiate and someone without the right tolerance can easily OD.

Now, comparing the highs, id take methadone over hydrocodone any day. Methadone has a unique euphoria, and lasts all day. Vicodin has too much apap, and CWE imo wastes the hydro.
Yes, methadone made me gain weight, but that's good because I lost A LOT of weight when I was using Hydro/oxy/heroin. I finally look normal again, lol.
Those drugs literally made me super skinny, and a nasty pale skin color. After I got on methadone, to be honest, my life seems normal again.

But yeah man, its all about tolerance..how is your tolerance to opiates, right now?
Wow... u have the typical opiate user time line. Started with one pill but ended with heroin then methadone. Stealing to support the drugs and all. But you are on the right mental state, planning on quitting . That's good. What you described "skinny and pale" would be me. Lol. Vicks do that. Odd. Specially that I'm already born with a pale skin. Haha. I should weight in at 175-180 but I'm at 159lbs. At my worst i was at 145lbs and everyone was saying how skinny i got. I told them i was exercising. Lololol. Fortunately i have been able to keep my shit some what straight. I think i had a low tolerance conifers to what others have posted. I was taking 40mg a day. That's 4 pills a day. Spread about 4 hours apart starting at 9am and the last pill at 9pm. Norco 10/325. I have a very nice doctor. . Unfortunately . But he never gives me more than 90pills a month. But i always run out 1week before the 30 days. So its a awful trend every month. I don't do no other drugs. Don't drink alcohol. And just vape ecigs to quit real cigarettes . Been doing this for almost 8 years. Very reliable doctor. Never given me any hurdles to jump to continue taking meds. We are pretty much friends now. Hehe. Until now he is like "dude, its time. Time to move into a safer alternative treatment that doesn't keep you coming back for opiates". So the guy is rather thoughtful. .. thank god. I think i could keep doing this forever. But like i said. .. party has to end one day. And quite frankly. .. im exhausted. And would like to be my old self. So yeah. .. 40mg of hydro. Is that considered high?

I took loperamide with paroxetine and grapefruit juice and got "high". There was no euphoria, but my body felt heavy and I wanted to sleep. Woke up feeling satisfied and this was 72 hours into a full on oxy withdrawal.
Yup. It works. Incredible.

yeah that's awesome to hear that its working good for you man. In your OP, I saw you were on only 30-40mg of hydrocodone a day. That's not too high imo, your w/d's shouldn't have been that bad?

To be honest with you, When I started on opiates it was also hydrocodone, I was taking 80-120mg daily for 2 years. I quit cold turkey, for 6 months, it was no easy ride, I was puking, diareaha, waking up every 2 hours drenched in sweat, RLS, depression, anxiety, pretty much a full blown w/d.

The biggest mistake I made in my life was, after quitting hydrocodone for 6 months, I thought to myself, if I got thru this hell of a W/d, I should be able to do the same and get off OXYCODONE, but boy. WAS I WRONG. My tolerance NEVER went down, even after no opiates for 6 months, so I needed 40mg of oxy every 4-6 hours to feel good and stay out of w/d (140-200mg/daily. a year went by, im like its time to quit, but I had no idea how much more worse oxy w/d is compared to hydro. I stopped for 9 days, of PURE HELL. It was NOT going away, with hydro, I was feeling normal on day 5. But oxy, I was taking the IRs (perc 10s and Roxicodones, no oxycontin), after 9 days the w/d was still there so I took myself to the hospital and they saw me really sick, I didn't tell them I was in w/d or else I know they would've said ur just a drug addict whos seeking a fix. Instead I called 911 for an ambulance, telling them im super sick, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, back pain, deprerssion, anxiety. After about 5-6 hours I finally saw the Doctor in the ER. I told him exactly what I just said, and he ordered me a nice list of meds to make me feel better.

These were all IV (I've never IV'd out of the hospital), he ordered me-

Water (before I saw the doctor, I was really de-hydrated so they were IVing me water)
Morphine (for pain)
Ativan (for depression, anxiety)
Promethazine (for nausea/vomiting, and stomach issues)

oh my god, what a relief, it was like coming out of hell and going to heaven after I get medicated.

So yeah I couldn't do the oxy w/d, that's what got me trapped, it eventually became to expensive, so I started smoking black tar heroin for a year.

Now the last 2 1/2 years ive been on methadone.
and honestly it changed my life for the good, you don't have to depend on your dealer all the time for your drug of choice, you know you'll be getting methadone every morning and you know you wont be in w/d anymore, no more sneaking out to get high, stealing from my family, staying away from my family, the list goes on and on.

If you're stuck on hardcore opiates and cant get off,
I really recommend methadone, if you have medi-cal (Which I do), you get free methadone, with any dose. But if you don't have medi-cal, prices range from 10-20$/ a day.

you answered my question on this post. So 40mg of hydro is not considered not bad. But i tell you this. .. every month when i ran out on the last week before i can refill, i would get a flu from hell but it was accompanied by deep depression. You know, the depression that makes you question your life about living. Oh man.. that's the worst. I would have the worst sweaty nights with chills and a really bad case of bad smelly yellow watery stool. Body aches that felt like a bad fever. And the rls! My god... i could keep my legs still. Skin crawls ! Man....... and a emotional wreck. The smallest sad thought would get me so depressed and i would cry quietly. This would be from 18 hours of the last dose to about the 4th day. Then it would SLOOOOWWLY get slightly better by each day. The longest i have been clean was exactly 2 weeks. And i noticed that on the 12th day is when i noticed that turn people talk about. You know what I'm talking about? It's when you have a good day and realized you didn't even think of pills for the first time and actually feel absolutely normal. I've had that happen 3 times in the last 8 years. Lolol... but you know how it goes. . Eventually you cave in and start the cycle all over again.

Im on day 11 and able to enter day 12 in about 3 hours. I got off lope last friday since 1 week passed and lope took away 99.99% of the withdrawals away.But i finally got a taste of wd 2 nights ago on monday and started to feel emotinal and started to get hot flashes. So i dosed again of about 60mg yesterday at lunch and 36mg today in the morning, and im completely normal. Lope is a life ever imo. Now the key for me is to avoid making another contact worth a different doc to get back on the meds. Im crossing my fingers. Hehe.

Crazy frog-

Wow, so similar to my history of addiction. When I was on hydrocodone/oxycodone, I'm already white, but they literally turned me to an UGLY pale color, close to a ugly light yellow color. and Yes! the weight loss, before I was addicted to opiates I was 170 lbs at the age of 18, which wasn't bad at all. Then after a few year, I fell down to 150 lbs, maybe lower like 148.

So trust me, you're not the only one.

BUT

I've been on methadone for over 2 years, and I gained all my weight back, and more. Today im 193 lbs. 25 year old male at 5' 10. I don't think that's in bad shape, but I do need to work out to be even more healthy.
Methadone def. makes you gain weight, same with benzos for me.

and what a coincidence, im on opiates AND benzos right now. Both RX'd to me though, methadone at mmt 80mg daily. I also have a script for 240 1mg clonazepam to taper off of valium and Xanax.
My Doctor RX'd the exact amount til I see her next time, im supposed to get the .5mg clonazepams next. instead of the 1mg's.
I'm going down .5 a mg every 2 weeks.

I started at 5 1/2 pills daily, as written on the bottle, for 2 weeks, then 5mg for 2 weeks, then 4.5mg for 2 weeks, etc.

She gave me a huge amount of clonazepam (240) because her schedule is booked, and wont be able to see me until early march.

Lol. Small world it seems. I'm the same in height. . 5 10. Im sure we addicts have a few more things in common but never really collaborate in sharing everything due to addiction making us into secretive individuals. Well its good that you have a caring doc. Some may leave you hanging without any notice. I never told my doctor anything. Every time i see him i tell him the rx is working well and i don't need any more or any less. And nothing stronger. So i think this had helped me convince him to keep refilling it for many years. I never pushed him for anything else. Just go in for the usual script. But yeah. .. its nuts to keep taking opiates forever. No matter what. .. the well will run dry one day. Or death gets you first. I'm not religious.... but in the middle of opiate wd, i keep calling god for help.lol. As for you. ..... you are 25yrs old......still young.You should really give it your all in this when the time comes. Don't drag it to your 30s, cause it will go to the 40s then you will hate yourself more.

Crazyfrog-

I totally agree. The later you wait, the more hard it will be and the more time will be lost.
But as of today, im taking nothing but my RX'd meds. (methadone, klonopin, promethazine, hydroxyzine),
and trust me, ill do anything to get out of this world called "The Drug addicts world", ive been working on it for the past few weeks now, im currently tapering off benzos, after tapering benzos, im going to taper methadone, drop down 5mg a week. My doctor commended 2 a week, which I think will be way better, we'll see what happens with my next visits with my doctors. I have an appointment March 5, 2015 with my physchatrist, that's when my clonazepam should be done, next stop she said is shes going to RX me the .5mg of the clonazepam instead of the ones, because obviously that's how tapering works. By then ill be down to, 2.5-3mg daily, for a couple weeks, and again go down .5mg every 2 weeks. Its been working wonders so far. Clonazepam is the perfect med to taper off benzos IMO, it's RX'd for benzo w/d, and the half life is long, but shorter than valiums. So you can dose klonopin earlier than u can dose valium. But that was one of the benzos I was abusing (Xanax and valium) before my taper haha.

Well... update. Just hit day 13. No lope dose this morning. Nothing at all. No vitamin supplements . No ibuprofen. Nothing at all. Just regular foods. So far no symptons. I have very slight cravings here and there. No depression . Nothing. But I'm not 100% there. I can tell. I don't have that natural joy of living like normals have. But we all know that's a given at suck a early stage of quiting . I do smile during the day of course. And do have real laughs. Thanks to the lope. In know that is letting have that happiness. Prior withdrawals .... i went into a quiet deep depressed state that lasted over 10 days. Always. This is the first time i did not enter that stage. Loperamide did have a tremendous anti withdrawal effect for me. Hand down not placebo .

Here's another update.since i didn't dose with lope yesterday morning, i was eexpecting wd like i did on the 9-10th day. Its been 48 hours exactly since my last lope dosage. Woke up with a very very minor sweat on my shirt.very slight, just around the colar. Slept ok really. Not depressed at all.only symptom i have that i can say are WD is a slightly elevation in cravings. But i know what's causing them so i don't think its wd. Usually every morning il when i was on hydro 4 times a day, ud take my first dose around 7am with coffee. That would get me going. So everytime I wake up, i think of that expectation. Its sucks realizing i won't have the hydro. :/

but.... i do cheer up when i realize how much money i am saving and remember the small natural endorphins i have already experienced. Well... thats all for the updates. :/

lol. Not wd from lope. Lope is actually keeping me sane from opiate withdrawal. I have been on a steady 4 dosage of about a minimum of 40mg total of norco 10. And on good months i would have 2 scripts. Don't ask me how. Lol. And i would increase the dosage by 50% since 8 had the extra pills.on those months i would reach up to 60 to 80mg of Norco with lortabs. But for the most part i did it legally with a 90 pill count rx. But that would only last 3weeks if i was lucky and behaved. Did this for a solid 7 year habit. I'm into my 8th year. Started when i had a wisdom tooth extraction at age 27. Dentist gave me a small rx of 30 lortabs of 5/500. I didn't even know what to do with the rx paper. He said to take it to any pharmacy. So i just ended up going to Walgreens . Once there. ..it was filled and went home and took 1 lortab. Didn't feel anything. . I think it was because i had a full stomach. I recall just getting mellow. But the next pill the next day was godly. I remember it vividly. I dosed early morning Saturday because my cheek was swollen badly due to the extraction .i didn't have breakfast since my mouth was soar. And that morning i had a I.T. job i had to head to early morning. Well driving halfway there i suddenly had a rushing euphoric feeling like never before. I felt sooo relaxed and energetic . I made a U turn and head to the coast. Drove down the California coast line for 3 hours with the biggest smile.lololol. oh yes... it was a fun day. Ever since. . Been chasing the dragon like heroin users say. But now that I've done this for 7 solid years, i don't get that euphoria. I just feel normal . And if i want to get a slight euphoria, i have to at least wait 4 hours and take one norco 10/325 on a totally empty stomach. Its worked ok but sometimes its like i didn't even take 1 norco. Just feel normal. That's tolerance. So either i do stop. .. our go down the road everyone goes and end up with a needle. Im stopping. Im exhsusted. Tired. Miss my old self the most. So for the first time i quit with almost no wd. Thanks to lots of people online saying to dose with loperamide with a huge mg count when withdrawals hit saves you, I've done exactly that and im one of those that will recommend this to anyone suffering from opiate wd. I cant believe i have suffered for so many times when i ran out.

QUOTE=Methacodone;12872211]Crazyfrog-
what exactly are you w/ding from? Besides the loperamide..?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Btw.... lope has a anti depressant property for my body chemistry. I didn't feel thay dark cloud of sadness and dark depression this time. I got that on the first 4 days of quiting in the past. And that's the hardest hurdle for me. I can deal with the physical symptoms by sucking it up. But the mental problems are what kill me. So knowing this. . I have to be very careful moving on up to stronger opiates. I might end up spazzing out and jump off a roof. Its a dangerous product we are playing with.
:\

I see man.
How did you manage to stay on the same opiate for 7 years? That's crazy.
I'm also an addict, and im currently on methadone 80mg daily from mmt clinic.

Back in my regular using days, I started with hydrocodone, 20mg would feel godly. After 2 years of hydrocodone, doses ranging from 60-120mg daily, I quit cold turkey. Let me tell you, those were some if not the worse days of my life.
Nausea/vomiting, diarreah, RLS, insomnia, depression, anxiety, cravings, the whole 9 yards. But I DID overcome the hydrocodone w/d, after 5-7 days I started to feel normal. After a month, I was completely normal. I stayed off opiates for a good 6 months after that.

But they say, once an addict, always an addict. Although I don't believe that quote, it has been clear for me that it is true. I made the biggest mistake of my life of relapsing, not with hydrocodone, but with OXYCODONE. I told myself I went through a horrible w/d already and did it, so I can do it again, BOY was I wrong. I was taking 140-200mg daily of oxycodone for 3 years, I tried to stop, I went 9 days w/o anything trying to get off oxy, on the 9th day my w/ds would seem like they would NOT go away. I mentioned in my hydro w/d I started to feel better within 5-7 days. The thing that sucks is, even after 6 months of no opiates, my tolerance NEVER dropped. Oxycodone is already stronger than hydrocodone, and I was taking almost double the amount of oxy to hydro when I relapsed. After those 9 days, I said I cant take it anymore, I tried and its NOT going away. So I started to smoke black tar heroin. That went on for a year. The W/d's from heroin, OMG, omg, OMG, pure fucking HELL. I couldn't handle 10 minutes of heroin w/d,.after that I went to a methadone clinic and have been stable on methadone the last 2 1/2 years.

But, since you were only abusing hydrocodone, I would DEF. NOT recommend MMT. Even though their pamphlet says they accept people who are addicted to hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is like candy, compared to methadone. Hydrocodone w/d is nothing compared to methadone w/d. Honestly, ive been thru both. I was on opiates a total of about 6 years before I started methadone. Long term users of hardcore opiates are the only ones that should be in MMT imo. I was one. From hydro, to oxy, to heroin.
If you're on 5+ years of high dose opana/dilaudid/heroin/street methadone, etc. strong opiates like that, then MMT would be an option. But people on Hydrocodone/Codeine/tramadol should never consider replacing that substance to methadone.
Those opiates are way too weak to go onto methadone.

I see man.
How did you manage to stay on the same opiate for 7 years? That's crazy.
I'm also an addict, and im currently on methadone 80mg daily from mmt clinic.

Back in my regular using days, I started with hydrocodone, 20mg would feel godly. After 2 years of hydrocodone, doses ranging from 60-120mg daily, I quit cold turkey. Let me tell you, those were some if not the worse days of my life.
Nausea/vomiting, diarreah, RLS, insomnia, depression, anxiety, cravings, the whole 9 yards. But I DID overcome the hydrocodone w/d, after 5-7 days I started to feel normal. After a month, I was completely normal. I stayed off opiates for a good 6 months after that.

But they say, once an addict, always an addict. Although I don't believe that quote, it has been clear for me that it is true. I made the biggest mistake of my life of relapsing, not with hydrocodone, but with OXYCODONE. I told myself I went through a horrible w/d already and did it, so I can do it again, BOY was I wrong. I was taking 140-200mg daily of oxycodone for 3 years, I tried to stop, I went 9 days w/o anything trying to get off oxy, on the 9th day my w/ds would seem like they would NOT go away. I mentioned in my hydro w/d I started to feel better within 5-7 days. The thing that sucks is, even after 6 months of no opiates, my tolerance NEVER dropped. Oxycodone is already stronger than hydrocodone, and I was taking almost double the amount of oxy to hydro when I relapsed. After those 9 days, I said I cant take it anymore, I tried and its NOT going away. So I started to smoke black tar heroin. That went on for a year. The W/d's from heroin, OMG, omg, OMG, pure fucking HELL. I couldn't handle 10 minutes of heroin w/d,.after that I went to a methadone clinic and have been stable on methadone the last 2 1/2 years.

But, since you were only abusing hydrocodone, I would DEF. NOT recommend MMT. Even though their pamphlet says they accept people who are addicted to hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is like candy, compared to methadone. Hydrocodone w/d is nothing compared to methadone w/d. Honestly, ive been thru both. I was on opiates a total of about 6 years before I started methadone. Long term users of hardcore opiates are the only ones that should be in MMT imo. I was one. From hydro, to oxy, to heroin.
If you're on 5+ years of high dose opana/dilaudid/heroin/street methadone, etc. strong opiates like that, then MMT would be an option. But people on Hydrocodone/Codeine/tramadol should never consider replacing that substance to methadone.
Those opiates are way too weak to go onto methadone.
Haha! I am what you call a functioning addict. I was able to manipulate my doctor in just prescribing me the same med. Every time i saw him, told him the medicine is working in acceptable levels and i would like to continue this rx therapy in the same levels. No stronger and no less. He says "sure.. looks like irs working for you without effecting you in a negative manner." What helped was also my looks. I don't look like a junkie . I always present myself clean and sharp. Never wear jeans oe tshirts. Always wear dress shirts with slacks or kakhis. Always well groomed. I have friends that throw their kids at me because they see me as a great role model. Never curse, always carry myself like a high class corporate ceo leader. Hahahahha.. if they only knew my struggles. So my appearance always helped with my doctor. Even after the doctor wanted me to wean off after 3 years. I smooth talked hom into continue to rx me a script. Always used excuses that worked.lol. like "work travel is limiting my potential in pursuing a steady physical therapy regime. "Or "although attending therapy, proggress is null. Please push back this badly needed therapy for a few more months to accommodate my work schedule. Then with the proper time, I can successfully reach my goals." Always worked with him. Feel bad about really, but you know how we addict can be incredible bull shitters.lol. and being aware of opiates leading to heroin, that always kept me at bay. I promised myself never to get close to it. So far so good. So norco 10 has given me a good slight buzz really. Enough to keep me coming back for more. And I'd i wanted a better euphoria , id just cut 1 extra pill in half and add it to my pill . That always worked. Then id miss a dose the next day so i would not build a tolerance. So i managed successfully in keepint the opiate receptors low enough to keep ne happy for almost 8 years. And trust me. . I am a addict. If i was guaranteed norco 10 for 50 more years. I would take them in a heart beat and keep my regime. But it hasn't been all good. My personality changed. I could only attend family or friend gatherings only if i was sure i could take a pill. If i can't for what ever reason. . Id skip. And i get cranky when i know I'm about to run out and have to wait a week before refill. Id walk around worried about the wd hell coming . And always timing my dosages according to when i eill do something outside my home. Its very controlling. Even at my low dosage.

Your right! That's what i went through! Afterthe 5 to 7th day is when you stay feeling better under hydro. And that's what i heard about methadone , that the wd is by far more severe and hellish. And next to rival its hellish withdrawals is only its cousin "heroin". But it looks like you are correct on tbe methadone, ive read that lots of ppl recommend not taking methadone for anything! But some like yourself day it has helped them and even saved them. Looks like you had a very bad habit compared to me. More severe. But you are still with us breathing! That's a good thing! I'm sure non of us wish we got hooked on this beautiful feeling drug . As gorgeous as it is, irs really a monster in disguise. You know. . One regret i have is. .. i know I'll shock some of you reading this. . But i wished i tried oxy's. Hahaha. I hear they are far better feeling rhan hydro. But never had any contact for it. And i have never bought drug off the streets. All my pills are legal. Who knows what the future has in store . Will i fall off the wagon again? Im sure I will . But.... life does have surprises, like right now. I feel good body wise. Just get sad and down when i think of not ever having hydro. But from reading, that just paws. And you eventually forget the pills . You never fully forget them , but you learn to not think about them naturally.

Methacodone, you said after quiting the 80 \120 hydro habit.. it was the worst wd. Im glad you said that. Even at my low dosage of 40mg daily spread throughout the day, i get the same severe symptoms you described. Its pretty bad.

Methacodone . .. what's your experience with kratom? I noticed im about 99.99% good on the physical withdrawals. But I get slightly down on my emotions every time i remember i won't be getting any norco at all. Gets me sad. Kinda li k e in the dumps. Im curious if Kratom would elevate my mentality. Our at least being me the little boost of happiness opiate has taken away. Anyone know if kratom would be good at this point for me?

Also i would like to mention that if anyone recommends weed, im not doing that. I tried week when i was in college , i had the worst paranoia in humanities existence ! It did not hit me well. I tried other a trains since a few friends laughed hard at my paranoid state and felt bad so they said itbwas the strain. But whatever strain i smoked, dear Jebus! I got so paranoid it left a mental scar in my brain. I wont try week even if you gave me 1 million dollars. Its just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.