• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Yeah 3 or 4 should stop the diarrhea anyway. It might help a little bit with comfort besides that, it depends. I used to take like 20 of them and it would knock out a good bit of the withdrawal physical stuff, but it's also quite bad for you (some users in this thread even have reported near-death heart episodes from chronic use). It also takes a good 3 hours to manifest the full effects.

Opiate blockers are'nt cheap and to think they would spend the money thats laughable. I've taken them 65 to 70 of them and caught a real nice buzz, it's not ideal but in a pinch bottoms up and the next morning before I eat i drink a lot of tea or pepsi it always triggers a bowel movement.

This past Sunday my gf just fainted, fell to the ground, was unresponsive and was slightly shaking. about 7 seconds later she snapped out of it and had no idea what it was. She didn't eat all day, was only drinking Dew and not sleeping well lately. Chalked it up to maybe low sugar. Couple hours later watching TV with her she slumped over near me and once again, unresponsive and shaking for about 20 seconds. Scared the holy crap out of me. Never seen something like that before. Googled it and symptoms looked to point at it possibly being seizures. I wanted to take her to the ER but she said she's not going. She was an addict years ago so that made me wonder and ask her "why, are you afraid something will show up?"...she just said no and that was it. Couldn't force her to go.

Next day I drive her to work cuz there was no way i was letting her drive and possibly pass out while driving. Drop her off, get home, 10 mins later I get a call to come back because she had 2 more episodes. She had a 3rd on my way there (40 min drive) so they called 911. Got there while the ambulance got there.

Got to ER and she was all hooked up to monitors. From our explanations the doctors said it sounds like a seizure but the fact that she's pretty much back to normal after snapping out of it, something didn't seem right. My GF's sister was also there, she's an ER Nurse. She asked them to hook her sister up to the heart monitor so she could see what's happening. The GF had another episode and the heart monitor told a different tale. Tox ER doc came back and asked her if she's been taking Imodium recently. To my surprise my gf said yes she has. I thought to myself "so what". The doctor asked her how many she's been taking..he asked "30 to 40?"...she said "yes, 30-40". I thought I heard them wrong and he meant 3-4. She then had another episode...passing out on the bed for about 10 seconds and then sitting up and tightly clenching. It's some of the scariest shit I've ever seen. Asked when the last time she took them she told them "this morning"...so after 2 seizures the day before and me dropping her off in the morning she took a "handful" of Imodium at work.

Her heart rate dropped down to 28-32 BPM at certain points. It was then determined she a lethal heart arrhythmia due to abuse of Imodium pills. I was shocked. I had no fucking clue she was doing this. I could never even tell she was high.

So after that she was giving drugs to speed up her heart so it doesn't dip down to levels to cause another attack. She was pumped with Magnesium and something else because her mag and potassium levels were very low. As of Monday she's in the ICU, her potassium and magnesium levels are up but her heart is still too toxic and needs to be on the Isopropysomething. She may have to have a temporary pace maker put on. They're keeping her there for a week. If she was stubborn and refused to go to the ER she would have died from fucking an overdose of anti-shitting pills. RIDICULOUS!

After further discussion we found out she was getting a 200 pill bottle every 2 days from Walmart. I'm was so disappointed in her. Told her when we started dating if she ever abuses again that I'm out of here. Seems like she chose addiction/drugs over our relationship. We will talk when she's out of the hospital and take it one day at a time. I love her but I told her i would not tolerate drug use again.

While she was zonked out in her ICU room I went through her phone and opened up her web browser and this forum was actually open on the screen. Lookign at her history she was researching the effects of imodium, seeing if imodium is causing her swelled feet...so she read shit yet still took it. I'm not addicted to anything so I have no idea what an addict is thinking when they choose possible death and getting high over family/relationship/job/money.

So you folks abusing this shit should be very careful. She's not in the clear yet. Heart still not clean enough to pump at a normal BPM without the drug they're giving her. Her seizures just keep replaying in my mind every so often. It's horrible to see.

Not that anyone cares....but fast forward 6 months later to March 2017, she missed a whole week of work because she was too busy drinking alcohol AND after almost dying from an Imodium overdose...she decided to give it another try. Insane. That was finally the last straw for me. I tried and heard all the "ill be good" and "i promise i wont do it anymore" bullshit.

After a small intervention with her, myself, my sister and her step-mother, she agreed to go to a 30 day rehab, i told her we were done, she was in rehab for 30 days, I gave her a legal note that she had 30 days to get out of my house (over a year with me and I legally had to give her 30 days to leave), actually helped her move out and into a new place just to get her the fuck out and now I'm living happily ever after by myself since May 2017.

Sorry, but folks with addictions are just too much for me to deal with and I have no desire to ever get involved with an recovering addict of anything ever again.

I can't say I blame you... it's difficult if not impossible to be in a relationship with an addict. At some point you have to cut your losses and move on, lest you get dragged down with them.

Thanks for following up... I've been telling people in other areas of the forum not to use loperamide to get high, if anything only as a very short-term way to get past opiate withdrawal, and I keep mentioning some of the cases in this thread, and now you've made it really easy for me to point to a specific case.

I'm running out of oxy every month, and now I have to get off completely for my 3rd back surgery next month. Here's my loperamide experience, from 120 mg's oxy per day:
It takes about 2 to 3 days to really start stabilizing my wd's and help me not need my oxy as much. I start with 20 mg lope, 3 times a day. By day 3 I start waking up in less withdrawl than normal (10 hours since last oxy ALWAYS makes me feel shitty in the morning). On day 3 I am not getting high from anything, but I discover that I can stretch my oxy's a lot farther before the really bad wd's kick in. Also, if I take an extra dose of oxy it usually doesn't get me the buzz I'm used to. I'm no doctor, but it feels like it takes 48 hours to start and it is filling the opiate receptors. It lasts for at least 12-24 hours. AND since it doesn't get me high, my tiny little brain is not making the connection between the lope pills and 'fun' so tapering off them is no big deal.
So far I have only done this 2 times to bridge myself till my next prescription. This month I am trying to get off the oxy 100%. The lope makes me feel like my blood is dirty for about 2 hours after dosing, but anything is better than oxy withdrawl. I've not taken them for more than a week at a time, and always gone right back to my oxy, so never had wd's from the lope. I'm constipated anyway, so that side effect of the lope is no problem.
I doubt it will be much longer until the DEA does to loperamide the same as Sudafed. The two pack of 100pill bottles at Costco will be illegal. Already Costco only lets you buy one per transaction. So I have a big stash for future. (Don't want to discover a magic solution to quitting oxy and have the DEA take it away)

these flamers are clearly ignorant, petty and probably don't have much of a life because they are directing so much of their energy at dissing someone for taking a drug that is actually been used quite frequently in the research circles as an opiate(central+peripheral)+Ca2blocker. I don't know if people who post about loperamide in opiophile/somniforum have to deal with all this ridiculousness but damn, it's not like the guy was doing something dumb like huffing paint fumes or something, he's taking a real drug and if there's anyone here who clearly feels like he is a lesser person because of that then maybe you should no longer post here at bluelight as your malicious responses are not welcome here.
I'll say it again, loperamide does cross the BBB and when it does it does nothing to effect dopamine receptor and neither does it's metabolites, so nobody has to worry about parkinsonism unless someone for no good reason decided they want to home synth loperamide that may have unknown contaminants which immodium and such clearly doesn't have

Have you actually tried high doses of pipe? I'm guessing no. I was very skeptical after my research led me to the same to the same conclusion as you did. I was getting desperate and decided to try it out. I took 100mg resulting in a long lasting full on opiate high. Don't knock it until you try it.

I've taken lope daily for 6 years, unfortunately. For the last 3 years or so I take 150 once a day, 300mg. I still get a noticeable body high when my daily dose kicks in about 45 mins after taking it. Just kind of a heavy, fuzzy feeling. Not much of a mental high, no real emotional/psychological changes, other than not really feeling "myself" until I feel it kick in. Only adverse effects at this point are constipation (duh) and bloated all the time (I look 6 months pregnant most of the day, ever since having my second child who is now 2 yrs old...I guess having my abdomen cut open a second time made some difference as far as my muscles not being able to keep my bloated stomach/intestines in check?)

Also, I get chest pains (like ppl with heart problems describe) from time to time. We know now that ppl die from heart related things when taking high doses of lope, so that's a little scary.

Withdrawal sucks due to the long half-life. I haven't gone a full day without it so idk from first-hand experience...I'm too chickenshit to find out. I hear it's bad. If it's as bad as Suboxone wds I don't wanna do it lol. But I do want to get off of them somehow bc I'm still a slave to a drug, plus I'm tired ALL the time (one of the side effects for me).

I've taken lope daily for 6 years, unfortunately. For the last 3 years or so I take 150 once a day, 300mg. I still get a noticeable body high when my daily dose kicks in about 45 mins after taking it. Just kind of a heavy, fuzzy feeling. Not much of a mental high, no real emotional/psychological changes, other than not really feeling "myself" until I feel it kick in. Only adverse effects at this point are constipation (duh) and bloated all the time (I look 6 months pregnant most of the day, ever since having my second child who is now 2 yrs old...I guess having my abdomen cut open a second time made some difference as far as my muscles not being able to keep my bloated stomach/intestines in check?)

Also, I get chest pains (like ppl with heart problems describe) from time to time. We know now that ppl die from heart related things when taking high doses of lope, so that's a little scary.

Withdrawal sucks due to the long half-life. I haven't gone a full day without it so idk from first-hand experience...I'm too chickenshit to find out. I hear it's bad. If it's as bad as Suboxone wds I don't wanna do it lol. But I do want to get off of them somehow bc I'm still a slave to a drug, plus I'm tired ALL the time (one of the side effects for me).

I am worried for you. Your comment about looking 6 months pregnant is not good at all. I recognize that as liver failure my friend.
I have experienced that and I tell you, you do NOT want to experience liver failure. I think you should try and taper down. That is a very high amount for a very long time. Believe me, I know withdrawals are horrific but on a scale of 1-10 withdrawal is a 2 and liver failure is a 10!

The heart problems are a big worry also. Luckily the Liver is the only organ in the human body that can regenerate itself if given time and a non toxic environment and the correct nutrition. I don't mean to alarm you but I felt the need to warn you. With love.

Take care!

Seriously, daily high-dose loperamide can and will cause serious problems which could even include death. Read through this thread for some first-hand accounts of tragedies or near-tragedies. You have a 2-year-old child as well as another child, please think about what would happen to them if you were to die. I'm worried about you also. You'd be far better off even switching to another opiate because they'd be a lot less damaging to you. Ever thought of trying kratom? It might be able to help you get off and would be far better for you. It's even a better high... and will be easier to taper down too.

Lopermide can get you high, but it's incredibly dangerous. As with methadone, it has an extremely long half life. So, if you are doing large dosages of it, some of it accumulates in the body. As the high doses of lope build up in the system, it can have dangerous effects. It also can cause heart problems, and there are at least a couple of reports here on Bluelight of people who have died from the stuff. There's also plenty of people on here who have been sent to the ER from it, and at least one person I saw on here ended up in the ICU from having lope build up in his system.

Abusing loperamide is meant to be very bad for your heart unlike other opioids for some reason, probably a good idea to take it with lactulose to reduce risk of severe constipation or fecal impaction. Also a very expensive method of getting high, could get a good amount of heroin for the price of 96 pills in the UK

Wish USA had OTC codeine like UK/Canada as its a much safer way of suppressing wds

Last edited:
I take lope every day for IBS, anywhere from 5-15 pills (10-30 mgs) daily depending how bad the IBS is that day. So I buy it in bulk already, I may try taking a bunch and see what happens.

Tommygirl- don?t do it. Ever heard the song ?she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don?t know why she swallowed the fly??
A Loperamide habit is bad..... really bad. Life threatening. More dangerous than heroin maybe. Don?t let your mind ever associate Loperamide with a buzz or that thought will always be there and you?ll be an addict forever.
By the way, the end of that song is the girl swallows a dog or a cow or something. Lope would be the cow. And she died.

I did it and it fing worked awesome. I took my last oxy 96 hours ago and started Loperamide sbout 4 hours before that. I created my own use schedule and I lived fairly comfortably through the worst part of oxy wd.
I decided I probably don?t need any more Loperamide yesterday so I only took my morning dose and quit. I start day five today (complete 96 hours no opiates) and I feel pretty ok. Still sneezing, lethargic, sensitive to noises and sunlight. But my body aches, restless legs, insomnia, hopelessness, all are gone or almost gone. I slept 8 hours last night and even cut back on my Benzos a little.
So to conclude: Loperamide usage: dosing every 12 hours in mg: 30,30,20,20,16,16,12, then off. It didn?t work at all for about 4-8 hours. Most noticeable at 24-48 hours. We will see if it carries me through the next day or if I get wds from the lope!

Last edited:
Yeah Loperamide can get a person very fucked up. I hate it when people claim the opposite. Everybody's metabolism is different. I used to potentiate it by inhibiting PGP with Quinidine, injecting 100mg dissolved in a shitload of Propylen Glycol. It works 100% reliably for me, exhibiting central effects at the same oral dosage, even without PGP inhibition. It carries a pretty severe peripheral histaminergic component though and is not very euphoric, yet much more so then codeine in my humble opinion. But hey, what do I know, right?

I find codeine to be more euphoric than loperamide, but yeah lope certainly produces an effect. I don't see this as much anymore, but it always boggles my mind (especially reading back earlier in this thread) at the amount of shade and scorn people throw around when someone suggests it does anything beyond placebo.