View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Looping and maybe more?

svb101

Greenlighter
So I'm tripping right now. But lol so my girlfriend just went through a hell of a loop. And it has baffled both of us. And has consumed our minds and can't get off it. I've just never heard or seen anything like it.

So at 11am, me and my gf each dropped 3hits. Everything thing is going good. you know how it is lol

Well we're sitting on the porch, small talk and what not. And then she gets up out of nowhere, grabs my arm and says "let's cuddle". Then gets all desperate about going to cuddle.
"We need to go cuddle now" kept saying it and tugging on my arm pretty good desperate to go cuddle. I finally get up and try to figure out whats up with her. Well somehow I snapped her out of it and she said she was in a loop. That she needed to break it. Said that we were in a loop and we need to move elsewhere we need to break. But I was never in her loop. But then while she's explaining it, it starts doing it again. "We need to go cuddle now" .Pulling me inside to our bedroom. As soon as we get there she turns around, and gets this look on her face like she's about to break down crying. Then she smiles real big, threw her arms around me and falls on to the bed with her. We lay there, she's like in and out of whatever loop she's in. She knows she in it, but can't do anything about it when it comes. It was weird man. Then she starts saying she loves me, and everything will be okay, because I have you. Everything is gonna be fine, because I have you. So I'm weirded the fuck out. We said let's go on a walk. Change the scene up. So we get up to get our shoes on and Then does it again but just for a sec. All Panicky, and saying because I have you, because I have you, getting all lovely dovey wanting to kiss then I snap her out of it and she gets her shoes and we go out for our walk. Said she's fine.
We made it to next door out on the sidewalk. Then she starts doing it again. Wanting to love on me, saying "because I have you" after everything she said. I said let's go back. She said no it's fine let's walk, turns around starts walking while like being all Panicky about it. Well I grab her arm, but she keeps walking. She like became rigid and would not stop. I was yanking on her arm to stop her and she was stuck in that position moving forward. I finally stopped her, and held her. Tell her yes everything will be fine because you have me. She really liked that "because you have me" phrase and reassuring her on that seemed to somewhat help but whatever loop gripped her, when it came, it was all against her will. We walk right back home, from next door, and she does it again. Becomes rigid and heads up through our front yard to the house. Stuck in that charging position till I yanked her out of it once again. Go inside and I call her friend that was suppose to come over later and told her to get here now cause I don't know what the fuck is happening. I was starting to lose reality myself from all this. Then it became "because I have you" and "Zoe is on the way. Constant reassuring.
Well while we're waiting she starts doing it again. Getting all lovey dovey and because I have you and all up in my face. Being all Panicky. I tell her to do whatever she needs to do to not go into whatever it is she's going into. She starts dancing crazy for a sec. But still grips her.
Well her friend Zoe shows up and slowly we think that broke whatever cycle she was in. We got in the car and left. She was being all funny for a bit in the car but then settled out and is all good now. I think we got her playing "I spy" in the car got her out of the loop. We are still tripping on this trip right now. And it has consumed our trip after the event lol and We just can't get off it. Trying to figure out what the fuck.

She describes melting in to me it felt like. And now still can't shake the feeling of her left arm melting into me. That her and me were like one. That she also thought I was like, apart of the loop. And now that she knows I wasn't, it weirds her out. Said my face was turning into a horse face. Says everything was warping inside of itself. Said it was like a breakdown. Said she lost all grasp of reality. She says she don't know how to describe yet cause she's not sober. But I guess she was tripping balls lmao

All the while I'm still trying to hold onto my sanity. I just want to know what's up with that lol like this was one hell of a loop she was in. And were starting to think I was cause her looping I guess. Like it all revolved around me in a sense. Cause she was breaking the loop, but still was going right back to those few things she was doing. So was she is some kind of mental loop? So we're stumped and it has consumed our time. Obsessed with it right now. Anyone else experience anything like it? Or know what's up with it? Is it a metal breakdown, one hell of a mental loop or what? We're just curious to what it was and maybe what to do next time? Idk man we were tripping balls

All I got to say is, damn this some good shit

its called a thought loop or time loop. LSD has the power to completly fuck your reality in impossible ways. The first i ever tripped i took 3 hits of strong WoW and was caught im a time loop for over a hour real time but in my mind they same series of events repeated a few thousand times til the peak hit me and i was sent travelling across the comsos.

Other loops have hit me to a lesser degree as i know how to break them after been caught in alot. I had loops play 10 - 20 times before i managed to break. I have had infinite loops going up stairs that seemed to last hours but was in reality only a minute real life. As you get more experinced with psychedelics you will loop less as you manage to live to live in the present moment.

its called a thought loop or time loop. LSD has the power to completly fuck your reality in impossible ways. The first i ever tripped i took 3 hits of strong WoW and was caught im a time loop for over a hour real time but in my mind they same series of events repeated a few thousand times til the peak hit me and i was sent travelling across the comsos.

Other loops have hit me to a lesser degree as i know how to break them after been caught in alot. I had loops play 10 - 20 times before i managed to break. I have had infinite loops going up stairs that seemed to last hours but was in reality only a minute real life. As you get more experinced with psychedelics you will loop less as you manage to live to live in the present moment.
She just said she was fighting the loop. And that she needed to completely let go of all reality to come back. She said she was caught in a loop while tripping tho. Said she was like on a whole other level and she was in a playground where she could do whatever she wanted. And she said on this playground she was melting into me. And when she was stuck in those forward moving positions and I was tugging on her, it felt to her like she was melting into me. Becoming one with me. This was a hell of a loop or something

She just said she was fighting the loop. And that she needed to completely let go of all reality to come back. She said she was caught in a loop while tripping tho. Said she was like on a whole other level and she was in a playground where she could do whatever she wanted. And she said on this playground she was melting into me. And when she was stuck in those forward moving positions and I was tugging on her, it felt to her like she was melting into me. Becoming one with me. This was a hell of a loop or something
This is the stages of ego death and a breakthrough it this state you are pretty much in the godhead anything is possible you are in the virutal sandbox of the universe reality will melt and transform before your eyes as you experince the infinite. If she let go she would of experinced total bliss and peace and onesss with all of existence. In this state you will literally experince the past present and future in a single instant and transcend normal human consciouness it will feel like enlightment and the ultimate truth

This is the stages of ego death and a breakthrough it this state you are pretty much in the godhead anything is possible you are in the virutal sandbox of the universe reality will melt and transform before your eyes as you experince the infinite. If she let go she would of experinced total bliss and peace and onesss with all of existence. In this state you will literally experince the past present and future in a single instant and transcend normal human consciouness it will feel like enlightment and the ultimate truth
So what happened with us was all because she was fighting the loop or ego death?

So what happened with us was all because she was fighting the loop or ego death?
yeah also while on acid your on a different level of communication its like your minds are linked. For those without much experince in acid this pull other trippers in aswell. If you simply laid down and played some calming ambient music and just let go you would sail into the most bliss you could ever feel.

the loop helps set up perspective
we have no effective way to counter the loop, but if we stop resisting it, it passes.
by resisting a loop we empower it for another cycle.
each time we resist or attempt to escape the cycle begins anew.

distraction may work, but relaxation works the best, that and detached awareness of what is happening.
Eventually that opens up to a beautiful experience and the person's mind rises through the loops into what is.

One way I would explain a loop is that psychedelics allow you to appreciate more details in all inputs to your conscience, sensorial, mnemonic, emotional, all.
But the issue is these extra detailed inputs are not presented to our conscience in sections or portions that are easy to grasp, but all at once.
Let's say you have a tree in front of you and you see it, when sober, you will process one object, the tree, but when tripping, you see every leaf, twig etc as a single object, and now that tree is a very complicated motherfucker, because you can't possibly grasp several hundreds leafs at once, nevermind the twigs, branches, etc.
Now, as you are a couple it seems extremely likely that her conscious mind, being presented with the concept of you in all details (how she ever felt about you during time, memories of things done together, you appearance, the way you move, etc), causes her to basically "run out of available memory" before all input from all sources has been "put together" or "understood" or "consciously perceived".
This caused her to appear momentarily disconnected from her surroundings, she was completely focused and absorbed in that attempt to perceive you completely all at once, to the point that she had trouble remembering herself, her individuality, and thus felt like she was perceiving you more than herself and felt "melting into you".
And when memory completely runs out the feeling can be frustrating as one is trying to focus on everything and as something gets removed from consciousness to make space for something else you feel that something is missing but you can't remember what it was and trying to hold on to it can be distracting and can reset the loop to the start.
You being the trigger of the loop and the only person present was only making it more likely that the same loop would start again.
To use one more metaphor, imagine trying to write an essay by first conceiving all of it in your mind down to the commas, and then writing it all only when it's done, or also trying to play a whole chess game to the last move before you move the first piece...
This is a personal theory on loops based on my experiences and studies on/with psychedelics and some psychology and neurology stuff I read.

Let me know if it makes sense.

I am very prone to looping, but with experience it becomes easier to recognize them when they start happening and just ride that wave. Best thing to do is surrender and let the acid do its thing, either by lying down or sitting in the lotus position (or some approximation of it) and taking deep breaths. It's not easy at first and you may have to face some disturbing visions, but in the end it's always worth it (and the mystery deepens every time!)

It can be utterly terrifying the first few times one experiences loops, so it's completely normal for someone to react by resisting. I also find that the worst thing a tripping partner can do is force some sort of interaction or communication out of the person who's currently experiencing loops. Just make sure they are physically safe and let that moment pass.

I am very prone to looping, but with experience it becomes easier to recognize them when they start happening and just ride that wave. Best thing to do is surrender and let the acid do its thing, either by lying down or sitting in the lotus position (or some approximation of it) and taking deep breaths. It's not easy at first and you may have to face some disturbing visions, but in the end it's always worth it (and the mystery deepens every time!)

It can be utterly terrifying the first few times one experiences loops, so it's completely normal for someone to react by resisting. I also find that the worst thing a tripping partner can do is force some sort of interaction or communication out of the person who's currently experiencing loops. Just make sure they are physically safe and let that moment pass.

I respectfully disagree on a few things.
The position does not matter at all, it's all mental, if someone finds a position or another or breathing or whatever useful, then they should do it, but it varies from person to person and and what helps some might do just the opposite for another one.
I agree though, that the principle is to observe everything (thoughts, feelings, visions, anything) like a spectator and do not interact trying to stop one thing or deny that or whatever, never works out well and in fact causes a lot of bad trips.
That it is common for people to try and resist a loop, yes that it is for sure, as that resistance is exactly what is causing the loop to start.
People that don't try to resist don't get in loops to begin with.
I tripsitted a dozen beginners on +++ or over experiences, some multiple times, and took every single one of them out of their loops in a few minutes, plus I did the same to every single stranger that I recognized as being in trouble at events that was able to understand spoken language.
Hell, I even managed to keep calm a friend that was literally blind for 3 hours straight as with eyes open or closed there was no difference, he was seeing CEVs only and not a trace of the normal world.
So, it is my experience that it can be done, except for some cases like when the person is in full on survival mode and just runs away screaming from anyone or when there is some other circumstance that prevents communication.

How do you help people when they're so far gone?

I don't know how I would handle such a situation.

You can see it in their eyes, its looks like nobody is home, the struggle to string sentences together or just loop the same stuff over and over with a look of fear.

You can see it in their eyes, its looks like nobody is home, the struggle to string sentences together or just loop the same stuff over and over with a look of fear.

Ya, one major thing is when you notice that someone is looking in a direction but the eyes are focused closer or further away than what is the center of their field of view.

LSD loops doesn´t exist. LSD loops doesn´t exist. LSD loops doesn´t exist...

Last edited:
I too dont agree that loops are necessarily the step before breakthrough. Loops arent necessary and are unpleasant.
We always used an achor to prevent loops, specifically something on tv that is familiar. Sure tv on acid is impossible but watching the simpsons (or something that works for you - we always used simpsons ) when in difficult territory provides some point of predictability and reality outside of your internal world.

Im sure there are other ways too, this method worked for us whether it was mushies, lsd or RCs.

Do try to trip only in predictable controlled settings, helps minimize issues on psychedelics a lot!