• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Looking for the best way to get high off Hydromorphone Hydrochloride

blofeld121

Ex-Bluelighter
First Hi to everyone, I'm new here so try to keep it in simple terms for me please haha, I take 56mg of Palladone (Hydromorphone Hydrochloride) capsules twice daily, also 2.6 mg quick release 10 times daily, I'm looking for a safe way to get out of it with my meds, I'm in severe pain and just want a way to zone out for a few hours and not have to cope with the agony I'm in. Ive been on opioids for 20yrs following a car accident so have a high tolerance. Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

( please please do not do this it's not worth it) butt ... With the shit bio availability really to get the most out of it u would want to IV them well the instant realeases keep takeing the extended realeases normal but please just ignore that Man U really don't want to go down that road

Hi Snakevillon thanks for your concern but this isn't exactly the first time I've abused my meds, I've always basically snorted my Oxy when I was on them, just looking for the best way to get a safe hit from my Hydromorphone, but and should have put this is before "without" IV'ing them, it's not for me, it works for some and that's fine, but I'm looking for advice on how much to use to either crush and snort or another way to get a big enough hit, that I can have some release from the pain that I'm in. I taken 112mg of slow release over 24hrs and about 20.6mg of the quick 2.6 release over 24hrs and still am in agony, don't sleep and spend most of my time flat out in so much pain. So as I've done this for 20yrs please don't think its a sudden decision, it's just I've never been on these before and don't have any idea what's a safe amount and if snorting them is the best way, taking into consideration I won't iV. Thanks again and any help would be great.

Hey bro. I like to experiment so I have tried hydromorphone. With much study and experimentation unless you want to IV they really don't do much especislly if you have a tolerance. The bioavailability is not there with hydromorphone and your gonna be let down. Sorry man, trade them in :0)

In your situation I would IV it. I wouldn't recommend this normally ( I'm a recovering heroin addict and know first hand that IV administration can be extremely dangerous) It is dangerous. Please be careful and make absolutely sure you have everything right before you fix if you decide to. I've been in pain management off and on for years due to a climbing accident, so I know how much of a beast pain can be, that's why if it was me that's what I would do. One last thing. Once started the needle is a hard,hard thing to get away from. Better yet take the last guy's advice and see your doctor.

Thanks guys for your advice, I really want to stay away from the IV side, but had read people saying they had good results through plugging it? Is this true and if so what's the best way (doses etc) to do that, as I've said I've only ever snorted my opioids, so am at a loss what plugging is. Also will snorting not have a positive effect? I know Palladone was removed in the USA back in 2005? But we still get it here, anyway if someone knows what's the best dose to plug or snort to start with? It would have been a great help, thanks again guys, it's good of you to take the time to give me some "real" advice, rather than be constantly told you need to get off that shit, when they have no clue what real pain is and don't have to walk around daily with virtually no discs in between my vertebrae and crippling arthritis in the bottom of my back. The pain is like someone burning you from the inside, slowly Turning from a dull sort of constant pain, within a few hours, too having clenched teeth and almost crying with pain. Last one guys anyone have any idea of a stronger opioid I could try to get my doctor to look at? Thanks again Blofeld

I found a source on bluelight which says Hydromorphone: Oral-30-35%; Intranasal 52.4%; Rectal 33%

Thanks guys for your advice, I really want to stay away from the IV side, but had read people saying they had good results through plugging it? Is this true and if so what's the best way (doses etc) to do that, as I've said I've only ever snorted my opioids, so am at a loss what plugging is. Also will snorting not have a positive effect? I know Palladone was removed in the USA back in 2005? But we still get it here, anyway if someone knows what's the best dose to plug or snort to start with? It would have been a great help, thanks again guys, it's good of you to take the time to give me some "real" advice, rather than be constantly told you need to get off that shit, when they have no clue what real pain is and don't have to walk around daily with virtually no discs in between my vertebrae and crippling arthritis in the bottom of my back. The pain is like someone burning you from the inside, slowly Turning from a dull sort of constant pain, within a few hours, too having clenched teeth and almost crying with pain. Last one guys anyone have any idea of a stronger opioid I could try to get my doctor to look at? Thanks again Blofeld

fentanyl

^^ Fentanyl Patches are about the only thing you could switch to, but if you do get put on them, don't try to abuse them at all. Fentanyl is 20x the potency of Hydromorphone, so it is almost always administered in sub-milligram dosing. The only exceptions I can think of are the 1600mcg lollipops (which have a much lower bioavailability than patches) and when it is administered intravenously as an anesthetic (and even at this point they only go that high for people they know REALLY need that kind of dosing (However, you would be in this group with your current tolerance)).

A conservative conversion to Duragesic patches from your dose would be 125-150mcg/hr so that you could still have something for breakthrough pain.

100-200mg morphine sulphate time-release
4-6 10mg oxymorphone IR for breakthrough pain.

If your doctor really loves you, I'd ask about those

Thanks for all the advice guys it's really appreciated as I feel like I've hit a brick wall with my pain relief, just in an incredible amount of pain every hour of every day, take that over 20 years and you start to get tired of the fight and just look for a way too be pain free even for an hour or two.

I realise that people are saying you can only really IV it, but plan to snort my 2.6mg Palladone immediate release capsules. So am asking for advice for how much to snort, respectively I don't need to be told not to do it, or see my doc, I've been on opioids for 20yrs, I just don't know how much to snort at once, do I crush up the little balls inside the capsule and just snort? Do I snort two 2.6 lines at once? 3, 4, or do I crush up my SLow release 16 or 24mg capsules and snort that? Just really looking for some decent advice from someone who has done it. Going to just crush up two 2.6mg at a time and snort, tonight if I don't get a reply before then, just need some relief from this bloody pain. By the way I also have a large pile of gabapentin that I'm prescribed, will these help me with getting out of it for a while? And once again how much at once, I've got 300mg tabs. Thanks to anyone that takes the time to reply, it is really appreciated.

Changed my mind and decided to plug 4 x 2.6mg capsules 10.4mg, will let you know if I get any pain relief and hopefully a little euphoria?

Not a great high just a mellow feeling, but had 30mins almost pain free, so will try again tomorrow, this time will plug 8 x 2.6 = 20.8 mg of immediate release. By the way I just emptied the little beads inside the capsules into a small container and crushed them up and then added 10ml of water, let them dissolve, although there was still a lot of powder at bottom. Drew this up into a syringe and plugged, maybe will try the same dose as I did today, but snort it and see if it has a similar effect. If I can keep getting 30 - 60 mins pain relief a day I will be a very happy guy.

Careful with your dose, hydromorphone tolerance goes up FAST, very very fast. Try to use the least you can. I haven't ever plugged them, but snorting does indeed work, if you use enough of them at least.

What's the normal amount you snort Nicholai? Remembering I've been on opioids for twenty years and palladone for two year at a high dose.

I would need at least 16mg to feel anything, snorted. I regularly IV 40+ mgs. I don't get the ER pills, I have a script for the 8mg instant release hydromorphone pills. I have a monstrous tolerance compared to most people, I've been on pills forever too. Just letting you know, once you raise your tolerance by using increasing amounts, it never really seems to go down!

Problem is if I don't raise them then it's a zero hit, pugged 10mg yesterday and that gave me some pain free time and a mellow feeling, will snort the same amount tonight and compare it. My capsules are 2.6mg palladone so it's a hassle crushing 4 or 8 tablets full of beads. I've got 16mg and 24mg slow release but don't know enough about them to start using them.

( please please do not do this it's not worth it) butt ... With the shit bio availability really to get the most out of it u would want to IV them well the instant realeases keep takeing the extended realeases normal but please just ignore that Man U really don't want to go down that road
My thoughts exactly.