• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Looking for a way to be stimulated on MDMA

and how exactly is that different from how N/DRIs work?

It's not.

Reuptake inhibitors are stopping these neurotransmitters from leaving the synapse, which creates a sort of "wall" blocking them from reaching the proper receptor. This is going to be the same between N/DRIs and SSRIs, although obviously the SSRIs will have a larger dulling effect as MDMA's main route of action is through serotonin.

This pretty much answers why DA/NE stimulants will still work with MDMA. There are still lots of DA/NE sites available for the chemicals, unlike 5-HT which is saturated.

Dopamine and Norepinephrine are VERY important for the MDMA high as well, however. There is no drug that will fully "block" MDMA's effects, but a drug like ethylphenidate should not be combined with MDMA.

Important to the experience - yes. But don't forget one theory suggests that DA release is actually an indirect result of 5-HT2 activation. This would further stress the importance of MDMA's effect on serotonin for producing the other weaker effects of the drug. I agree that MDMA should not be combined with ethylphenidate, but it certainly shouldn't
decrease the dopaminergic response dulling the effects of both drugs.
as you previously suggested.

If you need extra stimulation beyond caffeine on MDMA your body is probably over worked and stressed.
You are probably focused on the wrong solution.

I really do recommend half of a 5 hour energy instead of just pure caffeine, it's got all those amino acids and B vitamins that help give your muscles the energy they need when you're out raging on the dancefloor.

5 Hour Energy, try it today!

^what folley said. caffeine helps. I struggle with this too though, last 3 times I've rolled I've been in need of physical energy, mentally I want to get up and dance, but physically I want to put a sweatshirt on (high quality MDMA makes me feel incredibly cold) and curl up in a ball.

This wasn't an issue back when pressed pills were at least semi-legit in my area, because there was obviously something in them that added a stimulant effect that was plenty energy for me. Now, I've noticed (and it's a good thing) a lot of people are getting their hands on very high quality MDMA and are realizing it's not as stimulating as it's made out to be, hence a lot of these threads popping up.

^what folley said. caffeine helps. I struggle with this too though, last 3 times I've rolled I've been in need of physical energy, mentally I want to get up and dance, but physically I want to put a sweatshirt on (high quality MDMA makes me feel incredibly cold) and curl up in a ball.

This wasn't an issue back when pressed pills were at least semi-legit in my area, because there was obviously something in them that added a stimulant effect that was plenty energy for me. Now, I've noticed (and it's a good thing) a lot of people are getting their hands on very high quality MDMA and are realizing it's not as stimulating as it's made out to be, hence a lot of these threads popping up.

I think it's all to do with how MDMA works when administered alone. The dose-response is not linear. That is, once you begin to take higher doses it will release more serotonin per molecule. Why this is the case - I don't know. As a result, once you hit higher doses the serotonin from good, pure MDMA is overpowering the more stimulating factors such as DA/NE. I know that personally I enjoy feeling stimulated, alert and clear-headed on MDMA which is why I prefer lower doses.

While looking for info regarding caffeine and MDMA I found this warning on our favorit ncbi site stating it provokes adverse effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22671762

I was looking for some facts about caffein enhancing mdma absorption and as result giving you even more couch lock.
But where that info went?

Another nice bluelight read about caffein and mdma o absorption and concerns.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-656167.html

On how to give some stimulance the lower dose makes sense as it helps you feel less floored.
But for real speed addition of amphetamine like subtance seems inevitable or is it that more worse that not an option even in the lower dosage range?
Maybe there is a more suitable DRI that has been researched that fits the profile even better.
But amphetamine and mdma in a combo really synergize judging what I saw and read over here and my own adventures
Both a low dose and what would be the extra risks, you think.
65 mg mdma an 10 mg dextro-amfetamine, just daydreaming here.

Last edited: