• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Looking for a way to be stimulated on MDMA

frontbluntt

Bluelighter
I have pure MDMA and it's amazing, but it leaves me floored and with no energy or desire to get up and actually dance or something.
Since I'm taking it at a festival, I want to know what are some effective ways of adding energy to your roll that have worked for you guys in the past.
I was reading about adding a little bit of something with a dopamine push such as vyvanse, but I also read it might weaken the roll, make the come-down harsher, and i just bad for you.

Any tips on how to circumvent this issue?
I dont want to go to this festival and spend the entire time laying in the grass somewhere not even enjoying the artists, although that is fun too haha

Perhaps a small dose of ethylphenidate in each capsule? 4-FA? Just looking for ideas.

And yes I've used the search bar but want to hear some new thoughts.

ethylphenidate would be a horrible mix with MDMA. Being a DRI, it would actually decrease the dopaminergic response dulling the effects of both drugs.

I find caffeine is plenty to get me up and moving, half of a five hour energy with your dose is more than sufficient. The added vitamins and nutrients also give your body the fuel it needs to create energy naturally, instead of trying to force it with heavy stimulants.

ethylphenidate would be a horrible mix with MDMA. Being a DRI, it would actually decrease the dopaminergic response dulling the effects of both drugs.

Not true. Being a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor & NRI would probably potentiate the partial dopaminergic & norepinephrine effects of MDMA. I wouldn't be surprised if the two combined created an experience not far off MKAT (A potent releaser of both 5-HT & DA). I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you keep the dose of ethylpehnidate very, very low. It looks like a hotbed for neurotoxicity with MDMA.

I find caffeine is plenty to get me up and moving, half of a five hour energy with your dose is more than sufficient. The added vitamins and nutrients also give your body the fuel it needs to create energy naturally, instead of trying to force it with heavy stimulants.

+1. Caffeine is a far less potent psychoactive stimulant. The dopamine push from caffeine is usually enough to keep me energetic and happy during the tail-end of a roll.

The best way to avoid feeling floored is to lower your dose. It sounds like you have good quality MDMA of which higher doses will leave you feeling sedated & relaxed. What doses are you currently taking? To avoid the floored sensation I recommend dosing lower than 150mg.

Not true. Being a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor & NRI would probably potentiate the partial dopaminergic & norepinephrine effects of MDMA. I wouldn't be surprised if the two combined created an experience not far off MKAT (A potent releaser of both 5-HT & DA). I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you keep the dose of ethylpehnidate very, very low. It looks like a hotbed for neurotoxicity with MDMA.

How do you figure? If that was true than SSRIs and MDMA wouldn't lead to decreased effects either, cocaine as well.

How do you figure? If that was true than SSRIs and MDMA wouldn't lead to decreased effects either, cocaine as well.

SSRI's bind to the same site as MDMA blocking it's main mechanism of action. The key difference is that the SSRI's are administered before the MDMA and have an extremely high affinity for the 5-HT site. This means the 5-HT neurons are saturated and unable to bind to other chemicals, of which MDMA's main effects occur from these neurons. Whereas MDMA's effects on DA/NE are only partial and secondary to the main psychoactive property. As a result, I would assume that Ethylphenidate would have a higher affinity for DA/NE than MDMA causing further release of these neurochemicals than just MDMA alone. It's all about a drug's ability to selectively bind to the site. MDMA's ability to bind to DA/NE is partial and as a result the DA/NE sites are unsaturated. Further, some of the MDMA-induced DA release is hypothesised to occur as a result of 5-HT2 activation, not through direct agonism of the DA site. This would leave DA sites even less saturated and available for activation via a DA selective stimulant, such as Ethylphenidate. If you're interested in reading about 5-HT & DA release from MDMA give this a read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137209/. Be prepared for some super rat brain frying though ;).

As for cocaine - i'm unsure. All I know is that cocaine is a triple reuptake inhibitor (5-HT, DA & NE). As a result i'd imagine that if you took cocaine before MDMA you'd reduce MDMA's effects on all 3 sites, particulary the 5-HT. I guess it comes down to selectivity. I would imagine that MDMA has a higher affinity for 5-HT, whereas cocaine would exhibit a higher affinity for DA & NE. The deficit in MDMA-induced effects would most likely come from less 5-HT innervation as a result of cocaine's reasonable selectivity for 5-HT. I'd imagine that you could feel pretty good effects from both drugs though, probably a very speedy, euphoric high with diminished empathy/love, not a complete dismisal like SSRI's & MDMA.

+1. Caffeine is a far less potent psychoactive stimulant. The dopamine push from caffeine is usually enough to keep me energetic and happy during the tail-end of a roll.

The best way to avoid feeling floored is to lower your dose. It sounds like you have good quality MDMA of which higher doses will leave you feeling sedated & relaxed. What doses are you currently taking? To avoid the floored sensation I recommend dosing lower than 150mg.
my doses were exactly 150mg haha.
I figured I was dosing too high when I threw up on the come up from the rush of serotonin last time. I do happen to be in possession of really pure product.
I guess I'll dose lower and keep some five hour energies with me then. Although those 5 hour energies have made me nauseous in the past on their own.

Anyone have any take on if i lowered my dose but added a pinch of 4-FA in there? To not only increase stimulation but also euphoria? (yes I am aware that will be more neurotoxic, but it's a one time thing and i'm talking a very small amount)

I'd suggest amphetamines, but it's terrible for your noggin so... On the other hand you're already taking MDMA so I'd suggest adding a stimulant for the all night festival fun. Or you could have a couple of Rockstar: Punched on hand. It's got 240mg of caffeine in it and it tastes like Hawaiian Punch.

Go with the energy drink.

my doses were exactly 150mg haha.
I figured I was dosing too high when I threw up on the come up from the rush of serotonin last time. I do happen to be in possession of really pure product.
I guess I'll dose lower and keep some five hour energies with me then. Although those 5 hour energies have made me nauseous in the past on their own.

Anyone have any take on if i lowered my dose but added a pinch of 4-FA in there? To not only increase stimulation but also euphoria? (yes I am aware that will be more neurotoxic, but it's a one time thing and i'm talking a very small amount)

Try 120-130mg - this seems to be the 'sweet spot' for me. We've also forgot to consider the set & setting. In an energetic, exciting setting with music you really enjoy i'd say it's less likely you'd feel 'floored'. Or being around others who are all energized and social with you, that can also reduce the floored feeling.

You could try adding a very small dose of 4-FA. It would certainly add to the euphoria, but perhaps take away from the more meaningful emotions such as the empathy/love. Not to mention being potentially more damaging. I'd recommend first trying a lower dose and seeing how that pans out. If you're still feeling floored during that, caffeine is legal! So go purchase a redbull and see what happens 30 mins later. You really shouldn't need to add a strong psychoactive stimulant to feel energetic while on MDMA. It's all about getting the dosage right, further augmented by being in the right setting.

Try 120-130mg - this seems to be the 'sweet spot' for me. We've also forgot to consider the set & setting. In an energetic, exciting setting with music you really enjoy i'd say it's less likely you'd feel 'floored'. Or being around others who are all energized and social with you, that can also reduce the floored feeling.

You could try adding a very small dose of 4-FA. It would certainly add to the euphoria, but perhaps take away from the more meaningful emotions such as the empathy/love. Not to mention being potentially more damaging. I'd recommend first trying a lower dose and seeing how that pans out. If you're still feeling floored during that, caffeine is legal! So go purchase a redbull and see what happens 30 mins later. You really shouldn't need to add a strong psychoactive stimulant to feel energetic while on MDMA. It's all about getting the dosage right, further augmented by being in the right setting.

Thanks!
I'm feeling good about it after reading your advice, I think you're right I'd rather only feel the pure MDMA it seems almost disrespectful to muddle it with other shit haha.
Although I will try caffiene! I hadn't even considered it, I never drink it.

SSRI's bind to the same site as MDMA blocking it's main mechanism of action. The key difference is that the SSRI's are administered before the MDMA and have an extremely high affinity for the 5-HT site. This means the 5-HT neurons are saturated and unable to bind to other chemicals, of which MDMA's main effects occur from these neurons. Whereas MDMA's effects on DA/NE are only partial and secondary to the main psychoactive property. As a result, I would assume that Ethylphenidate would have a higher affinity for DA/NE than MDMA causing further release of these neurochemicals than just MDMA alone. It's all about a drug's ability to selectively bind to the site. MDMA's ability to bind to DA/NE is partial and as a result the DA/NE sites are unsaturated. Further, some of the MDMA-induced DA release is hypothesised to occur as a result of 5-HT2 activation, not through direct agonism of the DA site. This would leave DA sites even less saturated and available for activation via a DA selective stimulant, such as Ethylphenidate. If you're interested in reading about 5-HT & DA release from MDMA give this a read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137209/. Be prepared for some super rat brain frying though ;).

A lot of big words doesn't make you anymore right man :\

A N/DRI will block a large amount of MDMA's effects. It doesn't matter that MDMA is mainly selective for serotonin, the other chemicals in the brain play a vital role in the drug's effects as well. Ethylphenidate is going to be nearly the same as methylphenidate and MDMA, which will be similar to cocaine and MDMA (which are said to "cancel each other out" when used at the same time)

^You can't really compare methyl/ethylphenidate with cocaine in this case as cocaine acts as an SRI as well. Though I have absolutely no idea whether these 2 drugs would reduce the effects of MDMA or not.

MDMA & coke combined certainly do not "cancel each other out", sounds good in theory, aint the troof in reality.

yeah I was gunna say I've popped tabs while high as a kite on some good coke and nothing was cancelled out for sure.
now why anyone would want to snort coke while they're already rolling is a mystery to me

I never drink caffeine either, but for rolling I suggest half an energy drink, or a full one. A half does it for me as I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine. I also get incredibly on-the-floor-lounging-about when I roll so if I were to attempt something active (rare) I personally would stick with something over-the-counter and not strong enough that it would knock a regular coffee drinker on their ass!

Take it at home with someone else. Have fun that requires less standing.

That's what I prefer doing, only this time I'm going to be at a certain weekend-long event this weekend and I want to not waste it by sitting in the grass the whole time (which I have done before) haha

^You can't really compare methyl/ethylphenidate with cocaine in this case as cocaine acts as an SRI as well. Though I have absolutely no idea whether these 2 drugs would reduce the effects of MDMA or not.

It's been said that drugs that block the NE response greatly reduce MDMA's stimulant effects, it's role is often very downplayed.

A lot of big words doesn't make you anymore right man :\

I never said it did.

A N/DRI will block a large amount of MDMA's effects. It doesn't matter that MDMA is mainly selective for serotonin, the other chemicals in the brain play a vital role in the drug's effects as well. Ethylphenidate is going to be nearly the same as methylphenidate and MDMA, which will be similar to cocaine and MDMA (which are said to "cancel each other out" when used at the same time)

Sometimes I wonder if you even read the posts, or if you're just deadset on what you think happens regardless of what's said. Of course it matters that MDMA is selective to serotonin. Remove that and you're left with a run-of-the-mill stimulant with average capabilities of releasing DA/NE. Anyone who has tried MDMA while on SSRI's will probably vouch that it's not brilliant without the serotonin release.

It's been said that drugs that block the NE response greatly reduce MDMA's stimulant effects, it's role is often very downplayed.

Of which Ethylphenidate doesn't block the NE response, it causes a NE release. Reuptake inhibitors cause release by blocking the transport of the transmitter from the synapse. If what you were saying was true then speed would also reduce the stimulant effects of MDMA. We all know that's not true. I think you might be getting confused by 'Inhibitors' thinking that they stop release. They do the opposite. SSRI's cause a release of serotonin. However, they will block MDMA because they are binded to the sites that MDMA wants to bind to.

^ and how exactly is that different from how N/DRIs work?

Reuptake inhibitors are stopping these neurotransmitters from leaving the synapse, which creates a sort of "wall" blocking them from reaching the proper receptor. This is going to be the same between N/DRIs and SSRIs, although obviously the SSRIs will have a larger dulling effect as MDMA's main route of action is through serotonin.

Dopamine and Norepinephrine are VERY important for the MDMA high as well, however. There is no drug that will fully "block" MDMA's effects, but a drug like ethylphenidate should not be combined with MDMA.

Have you ever thought of MDA instead? I find it has a lot more energy...