• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Long term Use of Meth what do the studies say

As someone who does both, what is ur personal opinion on how it's affected you physically/mentally? Have you noticed any consequences so far?

Well, since you asked...my prescribed d-amp helps me be a very high performing and well regarded person in my professional life. I rarely take more than the prescribed dose and when taken in combination with Abilify and Catapres it seems to block or negate any desire to get wasted or high. I previously had a problem with IV coke and my psychiatrist reckons the d-amp he prescribed for ADHD killed the coke cravings. I get a hunger for IV Meth when I stop taking the abilify for longer than a week.

I don’t actually feel any speedy effect from d-amp. I describe the feeling as ‘being myself’ - without it there is a crucial bit of me not present. This is the bit that ties everything together and coordinates my thoughts and actions. I personally see no downside from prescribed d-amp and my medical test results including cardio check out fine.

Meth is my go-to for a bi-polar manic episode as coke once was. It’s cheaper, higher, longer lasting and better for sex. Plus it gives me that ‘complete me’ feeling that coke doesn’t but d-amp also does. When I discovered meth I went from “Sure, I’ll try some” to “Holy Fuck how did I end up in this much trouble” in 6 months. Contracts, relationships, reputation all seriously damaged. That time the come-downs were what killed me - I was living alone and friendless and kept hitting it up to avoid how awful I felt. Now a good 4 years later I’m wondering whether better management of the comedowns and spacing out “recreational” use might be possible - especially with what I have learned about myself myself from extensive therapy. To complicate things I sometimes do MDMA to deal with bad comedowns from Meth. Abilify also kills MDMA.

I would not recommend meth to anyone but the most seasoned and experienced drug user who accepts the price of admission but also has the life skills to keep on top of it where it always wants to take you (to hell, one way). Looking over my posts from the last month I’m thinking it’s time to put this manic episode to bed and start on the abilify again as I have a day job to get back to. Meth hates your day job.

I found d-amphetamine to have a much worse comedown than clean speed or ice.i found it to be as bad as dirty half cooked impure speed.d amp is way more jittery and I get these weird quivery electric jolts from it.id say being a pharmaceutical product it's probably clean so unlike speed it's safer in that regard and it is less likely to cause psychosis or keep you awake for days so again safer in that regard.
But it lacks what clean ice has which is a long powerful smoothness that can last days which is why you'd take a drug called speed.

Well, since you asked...my prescribed d-amp helps me be a very high performing and well regarded person in my professional life. I rarely take more than the prescribed dose and when taken in combination with Abilify and Catapres it seems to block or negate any desire to get wasted or high. I previously had a problem with IV coke and my psychiatrist reckons the d-amp he prescribed for ADHD killed the coke cravings. I get a hunger for IV Meth when I stop taking the abilify for longer than a week.

I don’t actually feel any speedy effect from d-amp. I describe the feeling as ‘being myself’ - without it there is a crucial bit of me not present. This is the bit that ties everything together and coordinates my thoughts and actions. I personally see no downside from prescribed d-amp and my medical test results including cardio check out fine.

Meth is my go-to for a bi-polar manic episode as coke once was. It’s cheaper, higher, longer lasting and better for sex. Plus it gives me that ‘complete me’ feeling that coke doesn’t but d-amp also does. When I discovered meth I went from “Sure, I’ll try some” to “Holy Fuck how did I end up in this much trouble” in 6 months. Contracts, relationships, reputation all seriously damaged. That time the come-downs were what killed me - I was living alone and friendless and kept hitting it up to avoid how awful I felt. Now a good 4 years later I’m wondering whether better management of the comedowns and spacing out “recreational” use might be possible - especially with what I have learned about myself myself from extensive therapy. To complicate things I sometimes do MDMA to deal with bad comedowns from Meth. Abilify also kills MDMA.

I would not recommend meth to anyone but the most seasoned and experienced drug user who accepts the price of admission but also has the life skills to keep on top of it where it always wants to take you (to hell, one way). Looking over my posts from the last month I’m thinking it’s time to put this manic episode to bed and start on the abilify again as I have a day job to get back to. Meth hates your day job.

You're the second person I know who uses both meth and pharmacy stims but has no intention of abusing more than that prescribed dose for the meds. That's so interesting because I thought the result would be the opposite.. I guess meth users tend to find pharmaceutical stims like ablify to be used for functioning and never recreation. I've had my issues with adderall abuse at times during depression, but even though you feel mentally awful abusing it I noticed there weren't really many side effects like there would be with something like meth or cocaine abuse. I have to just not take it on important days because the crash can make me turn into an anxious zombie that doesn't want to participate in anything haha. The weeks I receive my monthly script are the best and worst weeks. My pharma stim use makes me think that meth would be the worst thing to ever happen to me bc of my issues with avoiding redosing during the crash.

But I mean, if no one has a clear answer then I don't see why it's urgent to change my lifestyle. I actually become depressed if I don't do stimulants once in a blue moon. It's not withdrawal, just shocks my brain back up somehow. By the way, I had a friend who never dabbled with drugs until he hit a low point and touched meth. Ended up attacking someone with a samurai sword during psychosis and arrested. I wish I was making this up. Some people can't handle meth use whether it's neurotoxic or not--seems to be dependent on one's ability to not redose. It seems a bit more powerful than super potent opiates in terms of how it changes someone's behavior.

Last edited:
It's not a good outcome. Even if it were completely harmless to the nervous system, if it were to retain the same set of effects theres also social, emotional and legal damage to consider. Nobody does meth for a long time without losing something in some way shape or form that they can never get back.

Too fucking heartbreakingly true

But I mean, if no one has a clear answer then I don't see why it's urgent to change my lifestyle..

My answer is enjoy your modest doses pharma-quality stims occasionally with no worries but stick clear of meth. You might have an objective theoretical comprehension of the dangers of re-dosing meth but you may only remember that after a three month binge first go around.

I personally see no side effects or ill-effects from d-amp at prescribed doses for long periods and even a bigger dose to get through a project (up to 90 mg in 12 hours) never had ill effects.

I don’t know about long-term use but I’m halfway through a g bag I bought yesterday and I can feel the damage mounting with every passing minute. I feel I may quit for good if I can get my bi-polar meds to kick in and kill the manic hunger before things get out of hand. Sure I’m passing as ‘just a little out of sorts’ due to a migraine but genuine real world functionality disappeared on the second shot. The number of work things I am supposed to be doing today and tomorrow that I thought would benefit from a ‘bit of a lift’ is significant. For such a happy making drug meth is for shit. I should probably flush this .5 and take 300mg seroquel and go see my doctor when I wake up. Please remind me I said that if further posts indicate I’m off the reservation.

The research I’ve read dealt mostly with physical effects on hormones (emotionally and physically especially in women with regard to physical hormones and the upset of the balance of these to regulate both our reproductive system and emotions) and mood (which I notice is worse on men than women, who seem to display psychosis more frequently)

Among my friends that have used fairly regularly since we were in our late teens (we are now early 40’s) they’re either in and out of psych wards, prison for fighting/beating their families or dead from heart failure.

even a year of use can reduce grey matter in the brain. My concentration is shot to shit after heavy stim use for years. Coming up a year clean from using stimulants. My main physical concern is my heart rate my resting rate is around 120 beats per mintue i think its due to mdma abuse though rather than speed and meth.
probably not the amps/methamp. i've used extremely heavily for about 10 months now amphetamine, crack cocaine and my resting rate 30min after 240mg of addy is between 60-80 n' slightly higher from meth and coke but when theyre not in my system, my rate drops to as low as 40 but can still rise up to ~80 not that this means anything like 'ey hop on the coke/meth train chuggachuggachoochoo' whatsoever, theyre still impacting drugs if you don't take care of yourself which is my priority.

probably not the amps/methamp. i've used extremely heavily for about 10 months now amphetamine, crack cocaine and my resting rate 30min after 240mg of addy is between 60-80 n' slightly higher from meth and coke but when theyre not in my system, my rate drops to as low as 40 but can still rise up to ~80 not that this means anything like 'ey hop on the coke/meth train chuggachuggachoochoo' whatsoever, theyre still impacting drugs if you don't take care of yourself which is my priority.
I have heart issues in my genetics anyway i first used uppers 18 years ago regular use of high dose ritalin / concerta for over a decade i was never precibed them. amp regulary for a few years then methamp every now and then. A year clean from stimulants but i still use mdma but not as much during heavy abuse of rolling every 1-2 weeks or sometimes two times a week for years on ends.