• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Long term usage?

You see heroin (real heroin not this fentdope now) has the ability to make you physically addicted to it within a few weeks of taking little bumps, even though you only take little bumps here and there (fentdope does that too, but way less fun).
I never got near to acquiring a physical addiction to heroin, I was destined for an opposite direction, not the seedy, self centred, barren social environment and energy it’s use and users often or always created.

I couldn’t have fared with that crowd, and I mean good friends who I spent years with until one by one they all went that way, I took heroin maybe over 40 times, maybe more, spread out, but always with others and I hated their company when they used it.

They became opportunistic demons seeking a scapegoat in many cases.

However, the point I want to make, from my own experience and observations- it’s the psychological addiction and craving which starts burying it’s roots into you, before physical addiction occurs.

It’s so alluring and in most cases there is robust self denial by the becoming addicted, professing how great and perfect and in order things are.

And I’m speaking also of real heroin over 20 years ago. Like crack cocaine, it can get in your mind so fast, and like a whispering devil, lures you away from reason, better judgement and in most cases, honesty with oneself.

Speaking the truth to others often also goes out the window.

My mum and dad were full on Heroin and amphetamine junkies for many years, injecting. My dad took acid daily in the 70’s, he OD’d when I was 3, my mum stopped all drugs 100% as soon as pregnant but my dad failed to get clean and she had to leave him.

I suffered no memorable or conscious trauma, but I always wondered if I was an LSD sperm lol.

You did well to get yourself past all of that @The Wizard of the Creek well done.

Hey welcome to BL @No_more_evry_monday! First of all, I have to ask, how old are you?

I started a similar relationship with heroin when I was about 25, and I thought I could keep a gram or two around for a few weeks, just taking a little bump here and there. I had the philosophy of if I have enough of it, I would make better choices and not worry that I won’t have enough. I did that successfully for almost a month.

I started having problems with that taking a bump here and there when I started to get dope sick when that little bump wore off. You see heroin (real heroin not this fentdope now) has the ability to make you physically addicted to it within a few weeks of taking little bumps, even though you only take little bumps here and there (fentdope does that too, but way less fun).

Here’s what happens in your brain and why you get dope sick so quickly from just using drugs like heroin a little here and a little there:

“Opioid dependence and some of the most distressing opioid withdrawal symptoms stem from changes in another important brain system, involving an area at the base of the brain—the locus ceruleus (LC). Neurons in the LC produce a chemical, noradrenaline (NA), and distribute it to other parts of the brain where it stimulates wakefulness, breathing, blood pressure, and general alertness, among other functions. When opioid molecules link to mu receptors on brain cells in the LC, they suppress the neurons’ release of NA, resulting in drowsiness, slowed respiration, low blood pressure—familiar effects of opioid intoxication. With repeated exposure to opioids, however, the LC neurons adjust by increasing their level of activity. Now, when opioids are present, their suppressive impact is offset by this heightened activity, with the result that roughly normal amounts of NA are released and the patient feels more or less normal. When opioids are not present to suppress the LC brain cells’ enhanced activity, however, the neurons release excessive amounts of NA, triggering jitters, anxiety, muscle cramps, and diarrhea.

Other brain areas in addition to the LC also contribute to the production of withdrawal symptoms, including the mesolimbic reward system. For example, opioid tolerance that reduces the ventral tegmental area (VTA) release of dopamine (DA) into the nucleus accumbens (NAc) NAc may prevent the patient from obtaining pleasure from normally rewarding activities such as eating. These changes in the VTA and the DA reward systems, though not fully understood, form an important brain system underlying craving and compulsive drug use.”

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851054/

My point is when you fuck your receptors up enough (sometimes without knowing) and start to get dope sick, you’ll go for the instant cure and start using heroin a lot more than you ever planned to. It’s called “off to the races” where I’m from. You’ll start saying to yourself things like, “I might as well get high” now that you have to take heroin or be dope sick. That’s pretty much my origin story.

I was a smack head for 5 years. Then I got on suboxone for a few years. I hurt my back and was on methadone for a few years. I had such a hated for opioids when I decided to quit, that I suffered through over a year of cold turkey methadone withdrawals (I do not recommend cold turkey from methadone).

I am almost 8 years clean from opioids now, and I understand just how powerful they can trap you. I will never underestimate opioids again. I have since broken my feet in an auto accident and was prescribed oxycodone 5 mg for a week or two. I used them as prescribed and when they were gone, they were gone. I was so grateful that I had no desire to keep taking them, or find more opioids off the street. I’m a 42 year old wizard and I can proudly say that I will never use opioids like I did before. I KNOW BETTER NOW.

Please rethink this little chipping experiment with heroin @No_more_evry_monday. I know what will happen if you chase that dragon. I’m a fucking wizard for Christ sake. You don’t have anything to prove by doing this silly experiment. Toss that shit to the side and save it for when you are 90. That’s when you’ll really need the heroin.

🧙‍♂️
Brother, thank you... Awnser that realy hit my brain 🤘🤘 i wish you the best od Luck.
Im 23, chipper since around 20 i guess.. anyways i wouldnt mind if you can send some good Luck spell over haha and truly Great post , ty

I was a dope fiend for 3+ decades, in the early days I thought I’d be able to control my usage , at about the half way mark I just gave up trying to do the right.
I never used dope or coke since 2009 and I wish I can tell you how I quit but I really had nothing to do with it, the obsession to use was lifted and everyday since I’m grateful for.

Stopping was easy,staying stopped is the hard part.

Last edited:
Yes it’s simply all or nothing with heroin isn’t it. Bob Marley’s applicable lyrics- Now you get, what you want, do you want more?

It’s heroin’s nature to lend itself to desire increasingly with use.

I chose nothing. The heroin path was never a route for me. I was incompatible with the energy of the environment and how it affected people, friends, and their motives.

So I was fortunately destined to veer another direction.

But I felt the allure, saw exactly how it can work. And the self denial so common with developing addictions.

Let’s say, you decide- once a month.

I’d predict by June latest it will be more often, and knee deep in December.

The will is broken down in place of desire before you know it.

I understand evrything exept KoD and ferral taper , but thank you for advice.. il just get a gram or 2 to see how i can manage work and life (Will let you know how IT went)
just saying you need medically standardized material to taper correctly. a bag that is 25% more/less powerful will ruin progress you have made and confuse everything

Only in the beginning you can chip and after u go through several wds the kindling effect fucks u up. Just 1 or 2 days using can trigger moderate wds and it goes on And on And on

You got it! That’s what I do man! I wouldn’t have spent so much time responding to your thread if I didn’t think you were worth it! I fucked myself up good doing exactly what you are attempting. Once I got to the point where I got dope sick, I let the dope take me.

I lost everything before I was 30 because of heroin. I was then a slave to suboxone and then methadone for another 6 years. I hated opioids so much and finally said ENOUGH!!! I quit 120 mg of methadone a day cold turkey and couldn’t sleep for over 2 weeks (very true), until I started drinking hard liquor again, and then I could pass out for a few hours. To be honest, it wasn’t until I read forums like this that I was finally turned on to gabapentin. Gabapentin saved my ass! …anyway that’s a story for another time!

…The spell is you will soon find something that you either lost or forget about… You’ll know what I’m talking about soon enough!!!

Be Well!

🧙‍♂️
Thank god for neurontin man.

Benzos i do have ,kratom il' look in to. I would to ask you what is your longest heroin "binge" ,continued usage w/e..
Also thank you for advice 🤘🤘

I have been an addict 10 years. Even got off methadone to go on fentadope.
occasional binges don’t last. I don’t know anyone who could control it for very long
Quit while you’re ahead because all heroin is fentanyl these days