• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long term comedowns - UK vs US?

herenow14

Bluelighter
I had a thought about these long term comedowns that seem to be more and more common on BL. It seems a lot of posts I read from people going through these experiences are from people living in England. Could it be possible that some MDxx substitute being sold as mdma is more prevalent in the uk than in the US? I only say this because first, as I mentioned, I read a lot of experiences from long term comedown sufferers residing in England, and second, I myself was studying abroad in the UK when all of my negative dp/dr symptoms arose from one night on "mdma". I never had adverse reactions to pills purchased in California where I'm from. Obviously there are innumerable variables and unknowns. This is pretty much complete conjecture. I'd still be interested to hear others thoughts.

With respect your bias is showing. Interested to see where this goes, prolly a shit fight between us/uk. From what I have seen, experienced, and read I would say the quality of product out of Europe v us is consistently much better. The American market is notoriously shit/sleazy, particularly with pills and 'Molly'.

I think it has more to do with the UK's attitude towards drug in general if anything, just take a look at their drinking habits. It's not uncommon to hear about UK ravers taking up to a gram in a night, that's pretty unheard of in the US.

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone though, and honestly I think I've seen quite a bit more "comedown" threads from US users... although, most of them I doubt were taking MDMA.

I always figured that it was the opposite. The US market is notoriously poor.

i guess the question now then is what is the main cause/culprit of all these bad comedowns? is it people overdosing and taking too much MDMA or is it people ingesting untested, 'dirty', substances being sold off as mdma. i would suggest that both can cause comedowns, however, in more recent years the bigger issue is people getting bunk, dangerous, 'dirty', substances passed off as MDMA, this is would further suggest is something that occurs much more in US markets.

this is why i feel so strongly that mdma should be legalised, taxed, and be produced under strict pharmaceutical standards, and made available via gp's or pharmacists with very thorough and clear guidelines on use.

prohibition is does not work and is causing more damage than it is preventing.

i guess the question now then is what is the main cause/culprit of all these bad comedowns? is it people overdosing and taking too much MDMA or is it people ingesting untested, 'dirty', substances being sold off as mdma. i would suggest that both can cause comedowns, however, in more recent years the bigger issue is people getting bunk, dangerous, 'dirty', substances passed off as MDMA, this is would further suggest is something that occurs much more in US markets.

this is why i feel so strongly that mdma should be legalised, taxed, and be produced under strict pharmaceutical standards, and made available via gp's or pharmacists with very thorough and clear guidelines on use.

prohibition is does not work and is causing more damage than it is preventing.

I agree. Not once have I heard a long-term comedown story starting with tested, confirmed MDMA. And in rat studies that do administer monsterous doses of MDMA, like 5-10mg/kg every hour, it is usually only a month for serotonin to recover. I personally feel that long-term comedowns may be caused, inititally, by the drug. But then reinforced by self-made anxiety about the whole situation. Which keeps you from recovering for a long, long time.

I always figured that it was the opposite. The US market is notoriously poor.

This, from reading a lot of the posts on here a majority seem to be from the USA, also the quality in Europe is much higher than that of the USA. Id go to even say that most people who think they are taking MDMA are actually taking Methylone/MDPV etc etc and theyve never had MDMA so they wouldnt know the difference as Folly has already stated...

Also UK simply love getting fucked.. plain and simple. Some can hack it, other not. People wont batter an eyelid to necking like 5+ pills in a night though, the US market is in a pretty bad place. "Molly" is a pretty bad in USA, the Chinese have been perfecting it now they make MDMA like crystals which seem almost identical.. its a shame

I think it has more to do with the UK's attitude towards drug in general if anything, just take a look at their drinking habits. It's not uncommon to hear about UK ravers taking up to a gram in a night, that's pretty unheard of in the US.

Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone though, and honestly I think I've seen quite a bit more "comedown" threads from US users... although, most of them I doubt were taking MDMA.

Quarter G is the standard UK dose imo, but i remember this one guy telling me how he went through " a couple of grams" in one night while shagging some bird. Fucking nutters some people

there is no such thing as caps here, can get an 8th of MDMA for a pittance compared to US prices. Us lot in the UK just love getting shit faced

Last edited:
Screwed myself up in the UK. A lot of people I rolled with were doing around or over 1/2 a gram. There's definitely something about the culture here that makes people feel like they need to get shit faced for big events, even if this means a shittier experience than a smaller dose.

Yeah "Caps" or a "point" are not sold, you buy a gram usually and just split it, or you buy pills. Thing is if I buy a gram and go halfs with someone I will just keep adding rocks, dabbing etc Too much hassle really to start trying to eyeball doses, or just split it into "bombs" of say like 200mg or something, then always end up using all of it.

If I had less I would probally take less.

Lol I've been a member of this site for a while, and I can honestly say the majority of 'horror comedown' stories come from posters residing in the US, not the UK

I think anyone saying the MAJORITY are from the US, aren't looking very hard.. Considering that the US has nearly 250 MILLION more people than the UK though... yeah, it seems likely that they might be a few more threads from the US.

To be honest though, the WORST of these users seem to come from the UK. I won't name names for privacy sake, but it seems to me the worst cases seem to come from the UK more often than not

I agree. Not once have I heard a long-term comedown story starting with tested, confirmed MDMA. And in rat studies that do administer monsterous doses of MDMA, like 5-10mg/kg every hour, it is usually only a month for serotonin to recover. I personally feel that long-term comedowns may be caused, inititally, by the drug. But then reinforced by self-made anxiety about the whole situation. Which keeps you from recovering for a long, long time.

I got DP/dr from untested Molly. It went away after 8 minths and a few months later I took a very small dose of tested silk road MDMA and it brought back nasty dr and anxiety for two weeks.

I'm not bashing MDMA. However, to say that real MDMA can't cause psychological problems is a bit naive IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jwills - this is because barely anyone tests their MDMA, generally speaking. It may be common sense advice on bluelight, but it really isn't in the real world. I know 100s of rollers and not a single one of them has tested anything, ever. I doubt zero of these comedown stories are a result of actual MDMA.

Also worth bearing in mind that the tiny minority that does go through the trouble of testing their MDMA, without doing so as a result of a bad experience, are also likely to be extremely anal about all the other HR rules about dosage etc as well. Very rarely will someone test their product, then go on to abuse the hell out of that product, and turn up on bluelight to report the damage.

WELL THANKS FOR ASKING ABOUT AUSTRALIA WE'RE DOING WELL THANKS GUYS YEAH CHEERS.

@dpd_mnk92 you're right... not many people test enough which is a shame. I think maybe in the not-too-distant future more MDMA-friendly countries such as ones in the EU, perhaps the governments may subsidize the costs for test kits. You hear of those massive festivals where the government has tents set up to test the gear and no one gets arrested because they know everyone takes them at the events... just making sure the kids are safe.

I really like that type of government, harm reduction yessss. <3

Lol I've been a member of this site for a while, and I can honestly say the majority of 'horror comedown' stories come from posters residing in the US, not the UK

Yep and because the chance of us getting bath salts or some other RC is slim lets face it, UK is full of the real McCoy. God bless Europe

I got DP/dr from untested Molly. It went away after 8 minths and a few months later I took a very small dose of tested silk road MDMA and it brought back nasty dr and anxiety for two weeks.

I'm not bashing MDMA. However, to say that real MDMA can't cause psychological problems is a bit naive IMO.

I never said real MDMA doesn't cause problems. But I don't think long-term comedowns are likely from it.

Your case is different. You have probably associated MDMA with DP/DR. Just like I have associated weed with anxiety & paranoia. I know I shouldn't be feeling anxious or paranoid on weed because that's not the norm - most people are fine. But still, everytime I smoke it I just feel horrendously anxious because I had a really bad experience once. Perhaps your time on MDMA was similar.

Jwills - this is because barely anyone tests their MDMA, generally speaking. It may be common sense advice on bluelight, but it really isn't in the real world. I know 100s of rollers and not a single one of them has tested anything, ever. I doubt zero of these comedown stories are a result of actual MDMA.

I know that nobody tests their MDMA. I speak to loads of rollers and haven't met one who does. I have a friend who recently brought some pills and didn't want to test them as he 'trusted the source'. I forced him to bring them over and test them. Marquis shows no reaction and PR suggests BZP. This was his first time buying pills and not relying on me and look what nearly happened to him. He nearly took a shitty chemical that was not MDMA, yet was labelled as so. The point is that unless you test it, you could be taking anything. And considering long-term comedowns really don't appear likely from just MDMA itself, I would suggest that it is either a dangerous combination or something completely different. Thus, if you compare the Ecstasy markets of the US & Europe, the USA is more dangerous as the MDMA is notoriously bad. In England if you buy crystal MDMA it is, more often than not, crystal MDMA. I've not tested one batch of crystals and had a bad reaction. Pills are a whole different matter.

In reality, the incidence of a long-term comedown from any drug is highly unlikely. Those that do have it are extremely unfortunate.

Yep and because the chance of us getting bath salts or some other RC is slim lets face it, UK is full of the real McCoy. God bless Europe

The UK market has been going downhill recently, from what I've heard. You guys have a LOT of APB analogues sold as MDMA. A LOT. Over here it's all cathinones and speed, but something like 6-MAPB or 5-ADPB could be very dangerous as they will test very similarly to MDMA, but have much higher potencies and seemingly more damaging effects. Apparently there's been a lot more methylone being sold in that region as well.

Anyone who doesn't test is asking to get bent over a table and railed in the ass.

WELL THANKS FOR ASKING ABOUT AUSTRALIA WE'RE DOING WELL THANKS GUYS YEAH CHEERS.

lol.. Australia is kinda just a worse version of the UK to me :\ same attitudes in general but since you're in the middle of fucking nowhere and Britain is like a stones throw away from Holland they get a LOT more of the good stuff