European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Loneliness

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Are there other people here who suffer from loneliness?

It makes me too concentrated on my pains and anxietes, and makes me imagine all kind of illnesses, because I have too much time to think.

Also, being bored and anxious makes me crave for drugs, which is not a good thing.

Yesterday I spent some time with a friend, and didn't even notice the physical pains I have.

Download MeetMe app, find people who have similar interests as you, go out, do things, meet new people, make new friends.

Never understood people who think that it's all about sociability in life...

I can be lonely even if I am around a bunch of people. It's the quality of the company that is important not the quantity/frequency. That said, when I am in pain I feel most comfortable alone. Never had my pain levels reduced because somebody that I care for entered the room. Except if they were bringing painkillers. I can say that I feel lonely but that might be because I am not compatible with the world and not because the world is off.

It makes me too concentrated on my pains and anxietes, and makes me imagine all kind of illnesses, because I have too much time to think.

Also, being bored and anxious makes me crave for drugs, which is not a good thing.

Yesterday I spent some time with a friend, and didn't even notice the physical pains I have.
I definitely have suffered from loneliness in the past at different stages. It’s absolutely horrible and I do get why it would lead you to craving drugs.
I do really enjoy my alone time now but I do push myself to maintain friendships and go out of my way to just get myself out with friends into town for example.

It’s good to find things for yourself to do when you are alone. Have you hobbies or interests you could focus on? I am an avid reader and sometimes there just isn’t enough hours in the day to dedicate to it.

I also think exercising really helps, even if it’s just a walk. Get out of the house and move a bit. You’ll come back feeling much better. I surf, run, climb (when the weather is good) and it also fills a lot of time for me.

You aren’t alone though in feeling lonely. There are so many people who feel the same.

I can say that I feel lonely but that might be because I am not compatible with the world and not because the world is off.
Probably both, you know everyone is lonely, now more than ever, being surrounded by friends or family doesn't makes you accompanied if you're in the bubble of your head. I see my friends almost every day and still can't feel more isolated than never, it's getting worse, and fullfill our own social conition doesn't resolve the issue at all..

i used to suffer from loneliness but also try and make everyone fuck off on purpose cos i needed to prove to myself that i was unlikeable as i felt.

i can still get lonely as in just wanting some company but tend to only get that sort of profound spiritual sense of being alone when i'm deep in depression or other mental suffering.

spending time with friends really does help. over lockdown i've seen how much it impacts my mood just to go on a half hour walk with someone who isn't my boyfriend. if i'm left on my actual own i can go insane in a matter of hours. living on my own has always ended with me nearly dead from either starvation or drug abuse.

@Survival0200 it seems like you've identified the issue. can you arrange to spend more time with friends? do you live alone? what about family?

I suffer from this. Its a really awful spiral in that the longer you leave it the worse it gets aswell.

All my friends are like settled down. All have kids. Im just not ready to even meet someone.

My anxiety/self concious side makes it hard to even try talk with other people

Its tough i know. Our brain is our worst enemy. People can be tough to deal with at times but some relationships could be worth it i guess

I have experienced it, but luckily not to extremes.

It's good that you can acknowledge it, and recognize that spending time with others can alleviate hypochondria

Before Momentum and Reddit I felt very lonely. Got close to a man but blew it by acting stupid. I often regret it.

i used to suffer from loneliness but also try and make everyone fuck off on purpose cos i needed to prove to myself that i was unlikeable as i felt.
That's me in a nutshell lol but I still do it to a degree

Loneliness is horrible my only experience is being totally clingy to strangers when I was on my own without family or friends a phone etc. Stupid in hindsight. I was craving love. Sad.
Anyways it's great to have a community like this cause that way none of us have to feel alone. (Cheese alert!!)

Last edited:
I'm a mixture I think dunno bout the op
There's defo something no right with me but fuck people most of the time lol...never pets 😁

I'm never more happy than when I'm alone. But that's probably because I'm always surrounded by people. If I wasn't, it would probably be a different story. I do not think I've ever felt loneliness, but I have felt alienated.

Even with my family I feel lonely, it's crap though because I know deep down they love me just don't understand me. I'm honestly not blowing my own trumpet here lol but I do all I can to minimise my issues - ptsd - so that they don't suffer. For example this long rant. and also with me and my current partner whos obv abusive (not hijacking thread don't reply to this if you want to plz thanks). They are worried but sometimes get pissed off at me which makes me feel more guilty and so on so forth plus some other stuff I should stop ranting now I really am bad for it lol 🙂

I'm sure loneliness is a killer when you are older it's scary

You hope you are male and straight or that my partner is lol!?
And I am femal and bi he is straight