• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

List some indicas for a paranoid

I know a few off the top of my head that are 100% Indica or Indica dominant:

Blackberry, Hindu, Alaskan Thunderfuck, Sensi Star, Northern Lights, OG

All strains that I have smoked personally, and are worth checking out in my humble opinion.

20150105_203255_zpsa7a470bd.jpg

Just picked up this indica glycerin tincture from the dispensary. Best taken sublingually and it Kicks in within 15 minutes and is super, super mellow. Relaxing with no paranoia. It seems more subtle than when smoking it. Def recommended. Causes crazy munchies though

Last edited:
It's not about bowing down. It's about doing what's right for yourself. Weed is terrible for anyone with psychotic tendencies. I doubt God wants you to intentionally take a drug that puts you and everyone around you in danger.

Quoted for truth.

Oh really? You mean except for the menagerie of drugs the shrink prescribes? I wonder what qualifies you to make such a blanket statement. I don't even see how your response was relevant really, aside from being misinformed.

Like many said, high CBD strains have a relaxing quality withiut the racing, intrusive thoughts sativa can cause. They also have an antipsychotic quality. Kush strains are my personal favorite, sedating but great for insomnia and relaxation.

I have a PhD. in Psychology and have been a practicing therapist for over 30 years.

If someone has a psychosis or is psychotic like the original poster is using illegal drugs including herb will not help them, will make their mental illness and brain chemistry worse, and the medications that are prescribed for such people do work, and are far more effective than cannabis or any other psychedelic drug is at helping people who are psychotic.

Unfortunately you'll find a lot of angry psychiatry skeptics around here. I understand where it's coming from, there's a lot wrong with the pharmaceutical industry and the stigma against many substances. Plus there's obviously lazy, shitty doctors out there. But it's harmful to throw the baby out with the bath water. I wish I had tried psychiatric medication earlier than I did.

I apologize for being confrontational. Although I'm certainly skeptical of mainstream psychiatry's dependence on the pharmaceutical industry and its "mainstream" science, there's no denying that it does provide relief for countless people. I have a lot of respect for psychologists and therapists who rely less on medication.

I guess what irked me about your post was the nature of the response, considering this is a harm reduction board. It seemed equivalent to the technician at a needle exchange simply telling you that using heroin was a stupid idea, and refusing you their services. I'm sure you're aware that a significant portion of mentally ill people are going to use drugs, regardless of potential harm, and it seems that is the case here. Being that the case, it makes sense to give advice on varieities of cannabis that might not aggravate his condition excessively.

Of course, mainstream psychiatric medicine has completely abandoned cannabis as a treatment for any form of mental illness, depressio, or anxiety. It relief exclusively on products created and marketed to them by the pharmaceutical industry. This industry is motivated purely by profit and has a record of marketing products that are dangerous, harmful, or even deadly. OxyContin was marketed as if it was a pepsi product. Psychiatrists think little of prescribing anti-depressants or benzodiazepines long-term, despite the side-effects and the dependence patients develop.

Yet they spurn cannabis, a medication that has been used by humans for thousands upon thousands of years. A medication with almost no toxicity or serious side effects, that has the potential to treat an enormous variety of physical and psychiatric disorders. The real reason? Anyone can grow cannabis, and the widespread use of pot could nullify the need for many of their most profitable drugs. It has the potential to really fuck with their bottom line.

The pharm industry, of course, attempted to capitalize on the massive potential of THC as medicine by going to the lab and creating marinol, a piss-poor big pharma version of cannabis, with little success. They have an obsession with isolating single compounds and disregarding natural medicine, to everyones detriment. Of course, while marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug with no medical use, marinol was classified by our wonderful government as a schedule 2, allowing it to be marketed. The entire academic system of peer-reviewed studies and journals is notoriously corrupt and often funded by people who have a monetary interest in the outcome.

I also have a degree in psychology (no PhD though) and worked for a while with mentally ill patients, some psychotic, helping them cope and dispensing their meds. I've seen the benefits of these medications, I've also seen the brutal side effects. There is.no question that psychiatry has an unhealthy association with big pharma. There's also no question that mainstream psychiatry has helped millions overcome disabling symptoms.

Just like one can't blow off all of mainsteam psychiatry, you can't blow off the potential benefits of cannabis or other natural medicines.

Right, but ultimately weed is not a good medicine for psychosis. That's what the science tells us. It's great for a lot of things, but not that. Maybe a pure CBD extract, but definitely not weed you're getting high on.

No, it's not good medicine for psychosis, however, the OP isn't using it as a medicine. He is looking for strains to use recreationally that would work better for him. Simply telling him to stop using cannabis is unlikely to help, even if it is worsening his condition.

Heroin isn't good medicine for boredom and emotional angst. People use it for those reasons anyways. Simply telling them to stop because it's a bad idea is futile. If someone asks a question about ways to inject that reduce the risk of harm, it would be a bit silly to tell them that injecting drugs is a bad idea, and therefore their question is irrelevant.

People with mental illness use drugs, whether it is safe or not. There is an association between cannabis and psychosis but it's not causative and there are all kinds of factors in play. Ultimately it comes down to a choice by the person dealing with the illness and them figuring out themselves whether the benefits are worth the risks. In the OPs case, clearly they are, for him.

And the obsession with isolating one chemical, creating a "pure extract", and running it through mainstrean trials, is part of the reason psychiatry can't understand natural medicines or natural/spiritual healing. Its all about isolating, patenting, and profiting from chemicals. Outs not always tye best approach.

Last edited:
Every drug has it's risks and benifits becoming intoxicating or even straight toxic when misused.

To all the people telling me "don't smoke don't smoke" you don't know me or how I react. I burned a blunt of OG kush this morning no paranoia whatsover, chilled me the fuck out.

i will concede that yes, it is a fact that most or at least many with mental health problems should avoid cannabis, i've witnessed people with bipolar or schizophrenia go nuts first hand after a couple pulls. like beyond a normal person tripping or even dusted. but saying EVERYONE with a condition will react badly, which I know from my own use of the drug is not true, is bullshit.

I can see both points here, doldrugs is just looking out for you man, which is rare on the internet, but this site has a better community than most. But since OP has made up his mind just forget about it, you tried.

Indica are by far my fave strains, and I cant reccomend Hindu Kush highly enough. 100% indica pure couch lock from one nice bucket. Proper baked, some of the best stuff i ever had. You guys are lucky having dispensaries and getting to choose. Here its whatevers available unless i take a holiday to Amsterdam.