• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Liquid Methadone Potency

Ah. It's national thing. I'm in the UK. As far as I'm aware there isn't a maximum maintenance dose here (or if there it, it is very high).

I believe that’s correct; the UK does not distinguish between methadone for detox and methadone for maintenance. Or at least I’ve never heard of such a thing.

You don’t have to go to specialty methadone clinics in UK, Is that correct? You can get your dose at the pharmacy?

I believe that’s correct; the UK does not distinguish between methadone for detox and methadone for maintenance. Or at least I’ve never heard of such a thing.

You don’t have to go to specialty methadone clinics in UK, Is that correct? You can get your dose at the pharmacy?

You have to go to a Methadone Clinic while they are monitoring you (in case you get sick from too much or not enough) as they titrate you up to the dose you need over 3 or 4 days. After that, yes, you just go to the pharmacy and take it in front of the pharmacist. A lot of pharmacies are closed on Sundays so you even get a "take home" along with your Saturday dose.

You have to go to a Methadone Clinic while they are monitoring you (in case you get sick from too much or not enough) as they titrate you up to the dose you need over 3 or 4 days. After that, yes, you just go to the pharmacy and take it in front of the pharmacist. A lot of pharmacies are closed on Sundays so you even get a "take home" along with your Saturday dose.

That system would make my life so much better. It’s been 2 years and I haven’t come close to peeing clean so I got to go every day to the clinic for my dose. Some people drive hours, I’m less than 20 minutes away.

But I can’t travel anywhere, missed out on all sorts of things. I’d love to be able to go to the regular pharmacy for my dose.

The US system I think has the advantage of being able to get up to higher maintanence doses. I’ve seen up to 240 mg. And even with peeing dirty for benzos and heroin, I can add another 10 mg to my dose (140 currently) once a month if I choose.

Don’t get me wrong, some of it sucks, but it’s 85896959838 times better than being strung out.

That system would make my life so much better. It’s been 2 years and I haven’t come close to peeing clean so I got to go every day to the clinic for my dose. Some people drive hours, I’m less than 20 minutes away.

But I can’t travel anywhere, missed out on all sorts of things. I’d love to be able to go to the regular pharmacy for my dose.

The US system I think has the advantage of being able to get up to higher maintanence doses. I’ve seen up to 240 mg. And even with peeing dirty for benzos and heroin, I can add another 10 mg to my dose (140 currently) once a month if I choose.

Don’t get me wrong, some of it sucks, but it’s 85896959838 times better than being strung out.

Wow, they must have had a GINORMOUS tolerance! 240mg of Methadone is unheard of.
If you test positive for opiates here, or just tell them that you are still using/using again, they actually increase your dose (usually by 10mg) to help you stop using other opiates.