• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Levorphanol for pain management

Very interested in this story if you do switch partially (with some oxycodone still) or entirely to levo-dromoran. Although, as with every time that a province (in my country) or a state invents rules of its own that do not match what is offered to the whole country (like how Massachusetts ZoHydro ban was repealed, they banned it when ZoHydro came out almost immediately and that was challenged and they no longer ban it).

Also I'm thinking, couldn't you just have 60 or 80mg oxycontins with maybe 20mg IR (that's the largest dose in Canada for OxyIR's/Supeudol/generic pills just called Oxycodone 20mg, they all share the same shape, Oxy IR's indentations are made so it is easy to cut them in halves with your fingers for people suffering from arthritis or osteoarthritis. I know you do not have generic Oxycontins which are like the old ones, unlike us, which are callled Oxycodone-CR, because apparently even if you are taking it strictly for pain, I hear that our replacement here for the old CDN (no OC stamped on, I think it literally was marked as Canadian made Oxycontin in case an American was caught bringing in some from Canada, which, as we all know up here, at least people in the US who live close enough to the country, it happens often enough that at least once a year some american drives the border and shows a pharmacist at the first pharmacy they see in a small town/village how much their prescription costs in the US and then will sell them their renewal in CAD with our prices and the poor saps get caught when driving back into the US and will be in big trouble if it's an opioid, Dexedrine would cause a lot less issues, amphetamines in Canada are classified lower by a step, sometimes two from opiates. Anyway, I hear that for pain killing and not buzz seekers, (we all unluckily become both but comply a lot more when first being scripted opioids for legit pain from any issue that warrants it, but OxyNeo, they actually changed the name and the look of the thing here, some of the generics (there's 6 or 7 generic oxycodone-CR makers) look exactly like the old oxycontins, I hear that OP's and OxyNeos has it so their mechanism is completely messed up and doesn't get you as high a plasma concentration of oxycodone per L of blood. I remember, when I was waiting...something i should have never done or cut short rapidly, when I was waiting to get my turn for 6 days in the hospital's ORT clinic, which is like a prison for the amount of time you spend there, and they mix you in with alcoholics and cokeheads...I won't rant about that, I did it before, but that's ass backwards to have people being induced on methadone or suboxone in an environment where people are in alcohol withdrawal, coke "withdrawal...there's no such thing, at least not one that warrants a week long detox, fucking goofs who dare say their WD is the worst....yeah depression and maybe feelings of guilt for a couple hours and then you fall asleep.

Anyway, is that why you don't take OP 60's or 80's with the, I don't know the name of the brand for the american ones that have, 5, 10mg and 20mg dosages like us up here, but it's not OxyIR, i know they exist, but "Roxies" Roxicodones are 5,15,30 is my understanding? Because then you could have the same amount of oxycodone as in the past and have the IR for breakthrough like so many people do. Although here HydromorphContins of 18-24-30 with 4 and 8mg Dilaudids are what's favoured by doctors, which in turn causes people to slam Dilaudid and crushed HMC beads when the candy they bought for their pain issue without a script because nobody takes anyone seriously when under 30 unless massive proof of needing something stronger than codeine 30's up here. That period of time when they removed Oxycontins here and I was unable to get IR's which were never removed, I did like people in large cities do, but instead of heroin which is not possible to get here, but HMC's 18's are everywhere and so are Dillies 2 and 4's, unfortunately I only saw the brand name 8mg triangles once when I was slamming that stuff. Worst decision I made, but I also was screwed over, not by the government, but by a doctor retiring on me while he had me on a regimen of CodeineContin 200 every 12h and Percodans 5's x 4-6 a day. I thought that the wd from that was brutal but I knew nothing of brutality until I got to suffer the wd of IV'ing 32 to 54mg of Dilaudid a day. Yes I was after the rush, but also I did need pain management, all I knew was that the stuff was expensive and eating it was a waste of time, I once ate 12x 1mg Dilaudid from the 25 a dentist scripted to me, did nothing. Only time I felt Hydromorphone orally was when I ate a 30mg one, and that's a lot of "shots" in a 30 once you get there.

I always wanted to try Levo-Dromoran, it was removed here in the mid 2000's like a lot of products (all barbs except butalbital in Fiorinal and Phenobarbital which everyone says is lame and drinking a 6 pack is more useful for the nerves than it. I know older guys acquaintances who thought they were the best thing in the world in the 90's before HMC's came out in 2000, they were the most injected meds around with Dilaudid, due to the lack of very dangerous binders/fillers, they said it was even safer with the 2mg levorphanol purple generic capsules, the powder in it was pure levorphanol, not mixed with anything and it was their favourite, massive rush, very lengthy in action, about 16 hours even if IV'd, with 4mg IV'd they would be in nodland for all day basically. That's quite something.

Hope you get it, otherwise, getting oxycontins 60's or 80's with your 20mg IR oxycodone could be a solution, unless you also feel OP's to be worthless even at 80mg.

Very interested in this story if you do switch partially (with some oxycodone still) or entirely to levo-dromoran. Although, as with every time that a province (in my country) or a state invents rules of its own that do not match what is offered to the whole country (like how Massachusetts ZoHydro ban was repealed, they banned it when ZoHydro came out almost immediately and that was challenged and they no longer ban it).

Also I'm thinking, couldn't you just have 60 or 80mg oxycontins with maybe 20mg IR (that's the largest dose in Canada for OxyIR's/Supeudol/generic pills just called Oxycodone 20mg, they all share the same shape, Oxy IR's indentations are made so it is easy to cut them in halves with your fingers for people suffering from arthritis or osteoarthritis. I know you do not have generic Oxycontins which are like the old ones, unlike us, which are callled Oxycodone-CR, because apparently even if you are taking it strictly for pain, I hear that our replacement here for the old CDN (no OC stamped on, I think it literally was marked as Canadian made Oxycontin in case an American was caught bringing in some from Canada, which, as we all know up here, at least people in the US who live close enough to the country, it happens often enough that at least once a year some american drives the border and shows a pharmacist at the first pharmacy they see in a small town/village how much their prescription costs in the US and then will sell them their renewal in CAD with our prices and the poor saps get caught when driving back into the US and will be in big trouble if it's an opioid, Dexedrine would cause a lot less issues, amphetamines in Canada are classified lower by a step, sometimes two from opiates. Anyway, I hear that for pain killing and not buzz seekers, (we all unluckily become both but comply a lot more when first being scripted opioids for legit pain from any issue that warrants it, but OxyNeo, they actually changed the name and the look of the thing here, some of the generics (there's 6 or 7 generic oxycodone-CR makers) look exactly like the old oxycontins, I hear that OP's and OxyNeos has it so their mechanism is completely messed up and doesn't get you as high a plasma concentration of oxycodone per L of blood. I remember, when I was waiting...something i should have never done or cut short rapidly, when I was waiting to get my turn for 6 days in the hospital's ORT clinic, I didn't have any Dilaudid to slam in 2 days and a friend helps out, or at least honestly tries to help out and gives me an OxyNeo 40mg...and...nothing I felt like shit, I wasn't in withdrawal but it put me in a bad mood and it wasn't easier to sleep.So I went to ORT and they mix you in with alcoholics and cokeheads...I won't rant about that, I did it before, but that's ass backwards to have people being induced on methadone or suboxone in an environment where people are in alcohol withdrawal, coke "withdrawal...there's no such thing, at least not one that warrants a week long detox, fucking goofs who dare say their WD is the worst....yeah depression and maybe feelings of guilt for a couple hours and then you fall asleep.

Anyway, is that why you don't take OP 60's or 80's with the, I don't know the name of the brand for the american ones that have, 5, 10mg and 20mg IR dosages like us up here, but it's not OxyIR, i know they exist, but "Roxies" Roxicodones are 5,15,30 is my understanding? Because then you could have the same amount of oxycodone as in the past and have the IR for breakthrough like so many people do. Although here HydromorphContins of 18-24-30 with 4 and 8mg Dilaudids are what's favoured by doctors, which in turn causes people to slam Dilaudid and crushed HMC beads when the candy they bought for their pain issue without a script because nobody takes anyone seriously when under 30 unless massive proof of needing something stronger than codeine 30's up here. That period of time when they removed Oxycontins here and I was unable to get IR's which were never removed, I did like people in large cities do, but instead of heroin which is not possible to get here, but HMC's 18's are everywhere and so are Dillies 2 and 4's, unfortunately I only saw the brand name 8mg triangles once when I was slamming that stuff. Worst decision I made, but I also was screwed over, not by the government, but by a doctor retiring on me while he had me on a regimen of CodeineContin 200 every 12h and Percodans 5's x 4-6 a day. I thought that the wd from that was brutal but I knew nothing of brutality until I got to suffer the wd of IV'ing 32 to 54mg of Dilaudid a day. Yes I was after the rush, but also I did need pain management, all I knew was that the stuff was expensive and eating it was a waste of time, I once ate 12x 1mg Dilaudid from the 25 a dentist scripted to me, did nothing. Only time I felt Hydromorphone orally was when I ate a 30mg one, and that's a lot of "shots" in a 30 once you get there.

I always wanted to try Levo-Dromoran, it was removed here in the mid 2000's like a lot of products (all barbs except butalbital in Fiorinal and Phenobarbital which everyone says is lame and drinking a 6 pack is more useful for the nerves than it. I know older guys acquaintances who thought they were the best thing in the world in the 90's before HMC's came out in 2000, they were the most injected meds around with Dilaudid, due to the lack of very dangerous binders/fillers, they said it was even safer with the 2mg levorphanol purple generic capsules, the powder in it was pure levorphanol, not mixed with anything and it was their favourite, massive rush, very lengthy in action, about 16 hours even if IV'd, with 4mg IV'd they would be in nodland for all day basically. That's quite something.

Hope you get it, otherwise, getting oxycontins 60's or 80's with your 20mg IR oxycodone could be a solution, unless you also feel OP's to be worthless even at 80mg.

Hello Pembroke -
I am on Levorphanol for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

It works wonders when combined with certain other medications. Having Good Effective pain management treatment involves a team of doctors who will go to bat for you when it comes to controlled substance pain medications.

I had to get approved for Levorphanol by the government because it is a RATIONED medication AND President Obama signed a bill before leaving office that hurts the opportunity for patients with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy to receive prescribed controlled substances.

This has been most unfair - Obama's law - because he still allows cancer patients to relieve the medications but not Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy patients whose pain levels are HIGHER THAN CANCER on the McGill Pain Index.

Instead, the government wants to implant Medtronic internal pain pumps in all of us. Beware of those pain pumps - I talked to patients with them and guess what?

Medtronic INTERNAL PAIN PUMP PATIENTS STILL NEED TO TAKE ORAL PAIN MEDICATIONS.

The ER doctors do not know how to help patients with the pain pump and it can cause bone infections - with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, a bone infection would put the patient in such a high level of pain, I doubt there would be any medication to relieve THAT one!

I suggest Google-ing and finding success stories about Levorphanol- there is also a pain management doctor who is also a pharmacist and he uses Levorphanol with his Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy patients - if you can travel, I will be happy to share his information with you. He is one of the best doctors who diagnosed my Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy before the discolorations spread to other parts of my body.
At first, my skin was black and that is not the textbook progression of RSD.

Then, my skin turned red and this was after my visit with him.
The bulk of my RSD is internal so parts of my spine feel exactly like my discolored limb infected with RSD - I am relieved he was able to diagnose me properly.

Since he is no longer my pain management doctor (I traveled out of state for his treatment which helped me stop taking a large amount of pain medications) - I see local pain management doctors.

Some of the local pain management doctors in my area are heartless and push the pump instead of allowing me to continue with Levorphanol - which is SAFER than that internal pain pump!

I will keep fighting.

And, I hope you get to try Levorphanol - I did not have time to read every comment in this thread.

God Bless!

I also have RSD. Mine was caused by compartment syndrome, which is a crush injury that causes renal failure and massive nerve damage.

The Levorphanol was not a good fit for me, but I still advocate for it for other RSD patients. It caused me to have vivid auditory and visual hallucinations - the auditory hallucinations were particularly trippy because I'm Deaf - and after a little research, we found that this is a common side effect for persons who are brain injured, as I am. So it's a really great med that works for a lot of treatment-resistant patients, particularly those with CRPS/RSD. It's just not a good fit for me or other dual diagnosis brain trauma patients.

I have tried Opana, I want to say it was at the end of last year and was about 30 miligrams three or four times a day. Thankfully I only did a week trial, because it was pretty bad. It had no impact on my RSD/CRPS pain level, but I was high all the time and making really stupid decisions in result. Like "yeah, I'll just get on the ladder even though i cant walk on even ground and climb up on my 2 story house's roof, why not? I can clean off the moss and bring up my telescope for pictures!" Once the high wore off, I hurt even worse than normal but with no options for anything to take for it. It was just a bad time all around.

The combination of the brain trauma and the absorption problems with my gut just sort or ruins my life every chance it gets. Rude. ;)

Okay so I know this comment is nearly 7 years old but I find it difficult to believe any doctor prescribed you 30mg Oxymorphone 3 to 4 times a day. Oxymorphone IR(Opana IR) only comes in 5mg & 10mg tablets. So if you were prescribed the 10mg tablets that would mean you were taking 3 tablets each dosage you and were taking 9 or 12 tablets a day total. I'm pretty sure the highest recommended dosage regimine for Oxymorphone IR is 10mg every 4hrs as needed resulting in a total daily amount 60mg

As levorphanol is the levo enantiomer of dextrorphan, the primary metabolite of DXM, I wonder whether it possesses NMDAr antagonist activity which would help with pain management.

Would love to try it but think I won't be able to get some. Raceorphan, both levorphanol and dextrorphan together might make a superior pain treatment with less tolerance than levorphanol alone.