View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Leukoencephalopathy caused by NBOMe?

5ht2Antogonist

Greenlighter
Haven't been to the doctor yet but I've possibly got Toxic Leukoencephalopathy from a single dose of NBOMe.
I know an MRI scan is neccessary to verify this but .. really curious how one can recover from this?

Is NBOMe more toxic (on SERT) than MDMA?

Please someone speculate on this matter..

Also.. this might sound as absurd as it gets but I was conducting research on possible re-myelination remedies then I came across with some post which was basically suggesting the consumption of "Cow brain" (Bovine). I guess it was about Myelin Basic Protein. Any opinions on this?

Last edited:

I think that you're not trying to help. At all :(
I've already read dozens of reports which clearly state that overexcitement on Serotonergic System causes some sort of toxicity but the best treatment method is what, benzodiazepines?

@ 5ht2Antogonist

avoid crackpot theories - have a good general diet, exercise, do things moderately.
a small amount of sweetmeats is ok, but stay balanced in your eating, and other behaviors

I've already read dozens of reports which clearly state that overexcitement on Serotonergic System causes some sort of toxicity but the best treatment method is what, benzodiazepines?

Try not to criticize. We don't know everything. Probably most of us are not doctor's. Fuck around with RC's at your own peril. Don't blame other's for something you did to yourself.

If it makes you feel any better in the 70's when we were learning which mushrooms were psilocybin and which weren't I ate one that wasn't and almost died. It was my own hubris that almost killed me.

Last edited:
Haven't been to the doctor yet but I've possibly got Toxic Leukoencephalopathy from a single dose of NBOMe.
I know an MRI scan is neccessary to verify this but .. really curious how one can recover from this?

Is NBOMe more toxic (on SERT) than MDMA?

Please someone speculate on this matter..

Why do you think you have toxic Leukoencephalopathy? I don't think you can diagnose yourself with that, but if you have some serious symptoms, seek medical attention asap. There's nothing any one here can do for you. We're not doctors.

Good luck

I think he is trying to help, he wouldn't have spent time finding stuff for you to read if he wasn't. You should try and be appreciaitive of peoples time IMO. No-one here will be able to offer up a cure for a problem that you have no idea if you've even got, and if you do have this, why are you expecting people on a message board to somehow know a cure your doctor doesn't? Go to a doctor, they are kinda trained to diagnose and help people.

Best of luck, the NBOMEs are toxic but I would say to you that the human brain is excellent at diagnosing itself with all manner of things, especially when faced with unknown and dangerous chemicals.

Hey everybody, so I think I might have found something related to this. So, basically I'm assuming that I have Toxic Leukoencephalopathy from that particular drug use here, but anyways, If I kept hypothesizing on the matter and came to a conclusion somehow, one of my treatment methods would be hematopoietic stem cell activation and in this case regeneration of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells so that axons can remyelinate.

http://pubmedcentralcanada.ca/pmcc/...FBCD75D120685190C0AA891A0.thrasher?lang=en-ca

I'm looking forward to hearing your insightful answers to this..

edit: The study basically sums up to:[h=3]"Autophagy promotes myelin development[/h][h=3]Intermittent fasting upregulates autophagy and promotes myelin production"[/h]

Last edited:
^And how do you plan to go about this? You cannot just seek stem cell treatment because you think you have a particular disorder based on Dr Google.

If you are feeling anxious because of this single drug use, that is relatively normal.

But- go to a doctor, don't "assume" you have a rare brain disorder.

<3

I think he is trying to help, he wouldn't have spent time finding stuff for you to read if he wasn't. You should try and be appreciaitive of peoples time IMO. No-one here will be able to offer up a cure for a problem that you have no idea if you've even got, and if you do have this, why are you expecting people on a message board to somehow know a cure your doctor doesn't? Go to a doctor, they are kinda trained to diagnose and help people.

Best of luck, the NBOMEs are toxic but I would say to you that the human brain is excellent at diagnosing itself with all manner of things, especially when faced with unknown and dangerous chemicals.

Yes, He was indeed trying to help. And you're right about my undiagnosed situation. It was just that I thought I was almost sure of it. This disease is still unheard by many psychedelic users probably and I'm almost positive that there are more cases of Leukoencephalopathy sufferers than the amount announced to us today. It's just that, maybe the disease itself is not severe and the symptoms on mild cases are looked upon and are seen more negligible (amongst psychedelic users)

I don't know maybe it's genetics that are playing huge role on this, because there're even reports of people getting Lkencpthy. from Magic Mushroom use (Psilocybin)

I mean this in the kindest way possible, but your post here reminds me of a variety of other posts over the years by people who are experiencing obsessive anxious thoughts about their health, otherwise known as hypochondriacs. The best possible advice anyone here can give you is to go to a doctor. It makes no sense to me why you would assume you have a rare brain disease without having been to a doctor. I am 95% sure that there is nothing wrong with you except that you're experiencing obsessive-compulsive thoughts related to your health. If you do not get these thoughts under control, it will have severe ramification on your actual mental health, leading to anxiety disorders, OCD, depression, even depersonalization/derealization... and it's all because of the way you choose to think about things. Seriously, go to a doctor. Once the doctor tells you you're fine (or hey, maybe you aren't and I'm wrong, but then you'll know for sure and be able to treat it under trained medical supervision), if you still find yourself obsessively thinking about this, it's time to go see a therapist/psychiatrist because obsessive/intrusive thoughts can be extremely disrupting and negative to a person's life. Good luck.

And STOP reading shit on the Internet, it's the number one way to freak yourself out, and it's doing no good. You cannot possibly diagnose a brain condition by reading the Internet. And all the other people who are compulsively speculating about this are going to convince you that there's something there. Seriously, this obsessive worrying about mental conditions after psychedelics with no real basis is a thing that happens, we get people doing this with regularity here, and it happens elsewhere too. They all feed into each others' neuroses and make it seem like they're correct, it's basically a big, very unhealthy echo chamber. I'll say again, make an appointment and go to a doctor, the Internet cannot get you any closer to the truth.

I hope you don't find this harsh, I'm trying to be as helpful as I can. I've seen this pattern over and over and I can assure you that the path you're taking with your thoughts here is not healthy. <3

^^^^^^^^This

I had OCD so bad before I started using opioids that I felt compelled to keep checking the mail box. I couldn't understand why I was doing that. I suspected it had something to do with being an IT worker where if one coma or apostrophe was not put in the exact place it needed to be in order for the program to compile, it would fail. Then I thought it had something to do with territorialism, like I felt an irresistible need to go outdoors to be seen. I don't understand it but I think prozac helped some and opioids just obliterated it. My relatives really made fun of me in a way that annoyed me.

Last edited:
You can't be diagnosed here, I hope you hear good news from the doctor but unless I have it then it's fairly common or so I've heard. Was on N-Bomb weekly for a few months and since I've been off it (A year since) I have the same symptoms but it doesn't seem to be physically damaging.

Hope you are well.