View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lets talk dissociatives!

Seimboz

Greenlighter
So I'm 22 and I have pretty bad anxiety. Most of the times I go into a store, doesn't matter large or small and crowded or empty, and end up breaking out in a horrible sweat. Same when I'm just sitting at home I start to panic for no reason on ocassion.

The reason I start out with this is because I have always wanted to do hallucinogens but I'm afraid of a bad trip. I've been told a bad mindset leads to a bad trip.

That leads me to this category of hallucinogens; dissociatives. A couple years ago I drank my first full bottle of tussin. I have a strong stomach but lately I have been eating the gel caps. The other day I saw finding dory 3d while tripping which was fun.
Anyway I'm just wondering about other dissociatives and your experience on things like ketamine and dxm. I really don't know anymore.

I could go on forever about dissociatives, especially MXE and those first holes and how every trip would be a totally novel experience. For many people DXM was their first dissociative but for me it was MXE and I think that made it even more magical. I would get effects like vivid recall of past memories. I've taken DXM a few times but with all the puking and the heavy feeling I can't really rank it too high among dissociatives. I've done many grams of MXE (haven't had any in almost 2 years because of the ban), some ketamine and lately a lot of 3-MeO-PCP which is a totally different beast compared to traditional dissociatives. I've tried MXP (2-MeO-Diphenidine) too which wasn't anything special. I rank MXE #1 over ketamine, it was something really amazing.

Anyway dissociatives showed me that anyone could get addicted as I was young and naive. They are easily abusable drugs that seem to be pretty benign in a way you don't get withdrawals and can use them pretty heavily before you get any real problems. I think that's one of the dark sides of dissos, they're seductive and easily lure you into the magic world. Maybe that goes with many drugs and I just liked dissociatives too much. They're incredible drugs but be very careful. You're right about anxiety, it feels almost impossible to have a 'bad trip' on dissos but I've had a few difficult experiences. Most of the time they are very introspective trips and many holes' theme was really me thinking about my personal life and my experiences and memories.

MXE also was my first love affair. Seimboz you may be interested in browsing through my book, A Multidsciplinary MXE Analysis. It will likely answer many questions (and if I did it right will create many new questions!) you have regarding this class of drugs.

Xammy hit the nail on the head in summary. Holes can be a powerful way to learn about your inner universe, or rediscover fogetten wisdom tucked away in your subconscious. Or maybe just be a fun trip like Finding Dory. It is true a 'bad' mind set will more likely produce a difficult trip, but at the same time it could be a way to help you get to the root of why ypu had a 'bad' mindset, and from then on subsequent trips may be less difficult. Sometimes, "The only way out is through". Creating a safe positive setting, with warm music and making sure the environment is secure from interruptions can cut through some of that anxiety you may have. If you have a really good friend you trust to be a trip sitter or facilitator, that cpuld also help ease anxiety if you are scared of going head first into your head without an anchor. Remember, Dont Mindfuck Without Protection!

Dont tale things so seriously goibg into a trip. As Bill Hicks eloquently said, 'Its just a ride'. One of the most therapeutic aspects is the humor. Let yourself laugh at all the weirdness of life and the universe, inner and outer. Afterwords you can take a piece of that sense of humor with you long after the trip has ended.

Dissociatives are really more forgiving than classic psychedelics on the mind, they give you that kind of "I don't give a fuck" feeling, so having a bad trip from them is difficult, even in a hole, at least for me.

You can start with ketamine if you have got access to it, is the most short and sedating one, easy on the body and the mind on the right dosage, and you can also hole pretty hard with it without tolerance.

If you don't have got access to ketamine, well, now we have got a nice range of legal dissos at our disposal! 3-MeO-PCP for stimulating mania, 2-OxO-PCM for sedating ala ketamine feeling (but longer duration), 2-OxO-PCE for unique strong holing material. You missed MXE, the queen of the legal dissos, it's nearly imposible to find now. -phenidines are interesting also (Diphenidine, MXP, Ephenidine), but I personally don't like them, they feel really cold and anesthesic.

BTW, be careful with this class of drugs. Psychedelics are not addictive, but dissociatives could be for some people. You can really abuse them and fall in a dark place, so spare your usage.

I know more people that have bad trips from dissociatives. Everybody I know always has a bad trip from DXM the first time - they all think they are dying. Going into a hole can be quite alarming for a lot of people. I myself love it. I wish we were able to talk about where to find legitimate sites to get these research chemicals, because they are hard to find from reputable sources that are trustworthy...

What you said last is true. They can be addictive and you can fall into a dark place... I'd love to try ketamine but it's so damn difficult to find... How to people get it anyway? What do they do? Steal it from ambulances?

I have only had one bad time on dxm and it was quite a few times after my first but it was still wasn't horrible. I don't mind snorting anything because when I use to snort oxy id love that cool chilling feeling of powder running up and through my nose even though I know everything that goes up there doesn't feel that good. As for getting a hold of this stuff it is very hard. No body I know likes dissociatives, which is a shame. I live in a sort of small town so anything psychedelic is hard to get. The other shit drugs are easy to come by though.

I know this class can put you in a dark place but after the years of opiates put me in a shit place and in a super dark depression along with a suicide of a friend so dissociatives really opened me up and let me look at things different. I think that's why I have continued to to dxm even longer than weed. I just don't care for weed.

Ketamine and I have a love/hate relationship. It is very easy to fall into a state of heavy disorientation and discomfort, especially when alcohol is involved. I used to use it for my nightlife habits but have since found it more rewarding at home by myself. I have found it to potentiate the effects of 2CB quite substantially. My friends and I have always found Nitrous Oxide to be ketamine's best friend. We call MXE "rhino-ket", that is to say that it is dangerously more powerful and the dodgy compound we could find ourselves with if the dealer shafted us. I watched someone collapse and get taken away to the medical bay at a festival because he took a line of it thinking he was sold ketamine.

Last edited:
Yeah I've looked it up and really all I could gather is mxe is already super potent and you can't just do a line. And that a gram is a lot. Other than that I don't really don't know about it. And with the drinking I don't have to worry about that I dont drink anymore because like most people like to smoke while they're drunk. I like to take 4 to 6mg of Xanax which makes me black out and get super agressive. Lol. I have always wondered about k tho because that's about the only other dissoc I could get my hands on

If you heavily associate your anxiety with escapism via dissociatives, I think you're setting yourself up for some pain... because it would solve nothing and only be a form of postponement (believe me, I've sort of been there).

But ok fair enough as you suggest, dissociatives involve less levels of awareness and removal from most emotion rather than a full-spectrum psychedelic experience filled with thought and feeling. In my experience, yes, there is less risk of lucid emotional reaction like fearful panic... but at the same time disturbing cognitive effects are not for everybody and can just be "too weird".

Just keep in mind, that while generally psychedelics aren't really that addictive because of the awareness and confrontation just getting painful and in the way of escapism/ too much hedonism, dissociatives have less of that limitation for sure. They can get psychologically addictive especially when they ease trouble being pain-killing or relaxing while not making things difficult with regard to normal real life. Well abuse/addiction can certainly impact your life, but at that point you're a bit late to prevent it.

Yes, I remember my first hole. It was quite scary at first, I had to let go. Basically I had to accept it like, "ok, if I'm gonna die today then so be it". You can't resist a psychedelic experience, you need to surrender completely to enjoy it to the fullest.

I never had a bad trip on any disso, and I hitted them really hardcore. The most similar to a bad trip I had, was confusion, but not really in a negative way. Once you're blasted to the hole, you don't care about a shit, you don't even feel your body or ego.

Pre-hole experiences, by the way, could be really scary for someone without experience and tolerance. Like people said here, dissos are not for everyone, most people I know don't like them or have fear about them.

For me, they're the only worthwhile substances arround, apart from tryptamines ;)

My difficult experiences were mostly when I smoked too much weed or drank too much alcohol with dissociatives. It got quite overwhelming when I took high doses of ganja, alcohol and MXE. but every time when I was finally able to relax it would get so euphoric I have no words. Once you get familiar with them - the usual dark room, chill music, lying on the bed eyes closed, you will get that hole experience. I can imagine it's similar to a near-death experience (NDE). The most liberating feeling in the world. Swimming in this universal soup...

I recommend the book Ketamine: Dreams and Realities by Karl Jansen.
http://www.maps.org/images/pdf/books/K-DreamsKJansenMAPS.pdf

Last edited:
I had a problem of addiction with ketamine for a few months 10 years ago. Going down the hole felt like going home. I was dreaming about ket at night. I was crying if my man was out of stock. During a weekend, I did 5 vials of powder of 1 gram each, of high quality stuff. The last vial, I put it up in my nose in one shot. I puked a few minutes after, and during my trip, I got a message that I had to quit ketamine, that it was blocking me in my life, keeping me at the same place. After, I focused a lot on work, got back to school, moved a few times and got a better job.

I did ket one time after that. About 5 years ago at a rave. 3 e pills in a night, and about a gram of ket in 24h, but this time of ordinary quality. No comedown, awesome visual 3D CEVs.

I'm still thinking about ket sometimes. I'm lucky that I'm living in an industrial town with no rave scene and no ket available around.

I heard that many of the people I knew in my ket times got problems either with law or health.

I never rushed it. I think that's sometimes people problem. They want to rush it and just get to that hole experience and with dissociatives that are so different and dark you can't rush it. Which is what has happened to the very few friends I have that have tried this shit. So they just don't want to try it anymore after their first time. And then for me there's no underground scene and this stuff is hard to get a hold of around here so for me I'm just stuck with shit I buy at Wal-Mart or Amazon. And it fucking sucks because I just want to experience something different now. Lol d yeah that book is interesting

What about taking a NMDA agonist to reset tolerances? Pretty sure Im not the first one thinking about it.

Looking at a list of agonists, Theanine is something I have at hand. Some people in the room has been researching this?

Why are you thinking of resetting tolerance? I don't think NMDA agonism would do this; I'm not sure it works this way.

And anything more potent that theanine is dangerous. It would be a risk of excitotoxcicity, seizures, neuronal death, and status epilepticus.

Ehhh don't NMDA antagonists reset tolerance of certain kinds of drugs?