• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Length of Fentanyl detox/Fentanyl detox help

jurbs95

Bluelighter
Hello, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post or anything I'm just desperate to get clean, my addiction has been making me very depressed/somewhat suicidal as of late (mostly just thoughts because I'm tired of this, 10 years on and off heroin and now a year + on fentanyl, it's getting old) and I want out.
I'm making this post asking for any advice, stories on how long your fent detox took (ive heard so many mixed results on how long to expect) or really anything that'll help me.
I use about a half gram a day (smoke off foil) and I've basically been using the exact same stuff for just about the whole year I've been on it. I live in Southern CA. The fent is white, doesn't taste like usual street fent this stuff almost tastes how a hospital smells, burns pretty clean too.
I feel trapped, I just want out. I also have to be on ankle monitor in a month (for 3 months) and have to quit weed too. I'm dreading this. I just want my life back. I'm even thinking about methadone, even though I've heard horror stories.
Thank you for any and all help!

1/2
Howdy, I'm someone who has years of experience of detoxing with the last of the purest shit from the 2000's - 2010's using a few 8mg suboxones, in addition to my recent 2 yrs experience (2018-2019) detoxing from china fetty white/grey/pink/blue & whatever bs available currently using a few 8mg suboxones as well ... I must warn you... these two different substances and interactions with subs are polar opposites!
I need to make you aware of what I didn't know so you don't have to go to an ER. Or worse, have seizures all alone with no one to call 911 which can hurt your brain in ways you may not come back from.

• Years ago, I was able to use for like 2 weeks up until the night before, wake up like 12 to 15 hours later and instantly be able to take a suboxone to manage or midigate any Withdrawals... detox and tapering was a breeze. This more recent time around, however, I learned Fentanyl laced smack was a different ballgame.
  • After a week of using, I woke up 12 to 15 hours later like normal, took an entire 8mg sub and was absolutely bitched slap with something I heard and read about once or twice like 10 years ago, but never experienced until the very minute that Bupe hit my brain.
Precipitated Fucking Withdrawals!!!
  • Violent vomiting.
  • Violent shitting.
  • Violent leg shaking.
  • Violent muscular cramping.
  • Violent yawning spells.
  • Violent eye watering episodes. 1/2

Last edited:
2/2 I did some reading and discovered that fentanyl was stored in your fat cells just like weed. And unfortunately, the more fat reserves you have, the more days it will be until you can safely take suboxone without triggering another one of those ^^^ reactions. I called my friend who was using the same supply as I was, and explained my predicament. She was able to hook me up with just enough dope to stop the PW's dead its tracks so i can sleep, and also carefully explained that I'd be better off kicking for 4-5 days and naturally sweat it out. Once I'm done kicking I could take the sub which by then, was such sweet relief to feel. After 4 sleepless nights, I could finally rest once the bupe slowly made me feel warm extremely subtle version of the "warm fuzzy blanket".

Shit I took days 1-5 to make me manage:
  • Loperamide : safest highest dose recommended for your weight/age for stomach discomfort relief
  • Diphenydramine : PM's aka CVS sleep aids.. When physically I couldn't handle the withdrawal experience due to restless leg/arms, and overall physically as well as
  • Psychologically, I'd keep sane by listening to my favorite albums and asmr
  • Physically I'd take 4 of those PM's and within 15 minutes always 100 my body feel heavy
  • Metaphorically by the 5th day My brain was fried and screaming non sense shit like.... "I hope we end up in TRON!!!"
questions concerns? feel free to PM

Last edited:
2/2 I did some reading and discovered that fentanyl was stored in your fat cells just like weed. And unfortunately, the more fat reserves you have, the more days it will be until you can safely take suboxone without triggering another one of those ^^^ reactions. I called my friend who was using the same supply as I was, and explained my predicament. She was able to hook me up with just enough dope to stop the PW's dead its tracks so i can sleep, and also carefully explained that I'd be better off kicking for 4-5 days and naturally sweat it out. Once I'm done kicking I could take the sub which by then, was such sweet relief to feel. After 4 sleepless nights, I could finally rest once the bupe slowly made me feel warm extremely subtle version of the "warm fuzzy blanket".

• Loperamide : safest highest dose recommended for your weight/age for stomach discomfort relief
  • Diphenydramine : PM's aka CVS sleep aids.. When physically I couldn't handle the withdrawal experience due to restless leg/arms, and overall physically as well as
  • Metaphorically,
  • Psychologically I'd take 4 of those PM's and within 15 minutes always 100 my body feel heavy
  • Physically.. I hope we end up in TRON!!!
So what happened you detoxed without anything for 5 days

So what happened you detoxed without anything for 5 days
Yes but it wasn't bad it felt like a 4 out of 10 on a scale of being dope sick and those PM's made it non existent.. including getting rid of my runny nose and goosebumps and RLS... like all my symptoms go away 15 mins after taking 4 of them.. so even if i didnt sleep.. id take them if i felt like sore or whatever and binged a show for those days.. by the end of day 4 going to day 5 i was able to take a tiny piece of a sub.... be careful though do not take it before day 5...

Thank you for the heads up @Poppy_Princess , I know all about fent storing in fat cells I guess that's why I made this thread. Is the Bernese method possible with fent? I'm expecting pain I'm sure, I also got a bag with a handful of pregabalin, ativan, and ambien that I'm planning on using for emergencies/the first few days.
I'm just looking for any tips or tricks to help, the main thing that always makes it hard for me to detox is the panic attacks/anxiety, always manages to make things 100x worse than it is. I'm hoping the pills/weed will help.
I don't have a choice I got to do this, I'm going on 80 days of house arrest soon, and they will be testing me. It's either I get clean now and stay home with ankle monitor, or fuck up and end up getting clean in county jail. Definitely don't want the latter.

Had to fold and pick up another gram. Had to 'borrow' from the rent money, if gf finds out she is going to chew me alive (she doesnt use nor has she ever used, just smokes pot.)
I've been reading other bluelighters' posts about the Bernese method and fent. Is it really possible? I know the fent I'm getting is pretty clean compared to what most people get (I get my stuff as soon as it's arrived from OtB/before its been stepped on) and doesn't seem to be an analogies. I'm also pretty thin, not too much fat on my body (6', 150 pounds)
I need to get this done. I don't want my addiction to cost us our home. I need my life back.

• Psychologically, I'd keep sane by listening to my favorite albums and asmr
  • Physically I'd take 4 of those PM's and within 15 minutes always 100 my body feel heavy
  • Metaphorically by the 5th day My brain was fried and screaming non sense shit like.... "I hope we end up in TRON!!!"
You're missing pregabalin/gabapentin, clonazepam/diazepam and clonidine. Best combo for wds with the lope u mentioned.

Kratom can be a lifesaver. I used it with Fent WDs and it was an absolute lifesaver. I used it more than once and it helped incredibly. To the point that I post this info when I see Fent related posts because it exceeded my expectations and made it so much easier. Without it, nothing even touched the WDs. I know because I have WD with and without Kratom. You just have to find the right amount for you and you have to be willing to consume a good amount for a while, 5 grams a day at least. After a while, and you are sick of tossing and washing for a week or so, you can taper off. I wanted no part of subs are methadone. I just wanted off. It works because I did it. And if I can, so can you. And, I feel better than ever and haven't looked back. It took a few weeks to get close to "normal", and there was PAWS, but I managed it and got through it. Good luck to you.

I've been reading other bluelighters' posts about the Bernese method and fent. Is it really possible?
Yes the Bernese method really can work, if you stick to it religiously.
This thread contains some good info, links and other people's experiences.

Kratom can be a lifesaver. I used it with Fent WDs and it was an absolute lifesaver. I used it more than once and it helped incredibly. To the point that I post this info when I see Fent related posts because it exceeded my expectations and made it so much easier. Without it, nothing even touched the WDs. I know because I have WD with and without Kratom. You just have to find the right amount for you and you have to be willing to consume a good amount for a while, 5 grams a day at least. After a while, and you are sick of tossing and washing for a week or so, you can taper off. I wanted no part of subs are methadone. I just wanted off. It works because I did it. And if I can, so can you. And, I feel better than ever and haven't looked back. It took a few weeks to get close to "normal", and there was PAWS, but I managed it and got through it. Good luck to you.
I've used kratom in the past to help with a serious heroin problem (was shooting a gram + a day, led to skin popping shots when I could no longer find a vein.) Is kratom considered an opiate/will it cause me to go into PWD if I use with suboxone? And if I decide to use kratom isn't that just replacing one opiate with another?
I live in Southern California so obtaining kratom wouldn't be a problem, almost every smoke shop has it in some form.

I'm really thinking of doing the Bernese method or just winging it. I don't have a choice, ankle monitor goes on January 26th and my landlord just came by and said if I don't pay rent soon I'm out.
I got;
3 12mg suboxone strips
17 10mg ambien (generic)
38 50 mg pregabalin (generic)
4 ativan pills and a bag of some broken down ativan pills (have had the bag for a year or so so the pills kind of broke down on their own)
Lots of weed (although I have to quit weed right after my fent detox)
I'm hoping to do the Bernese method to slowly introduce sub to my system, then I gotta make due with the subs I have (I'm not doing sub maintenance I have to piss clean January 26th)
I'm hoping this works, the main thing that gets me is my anxiety attacks. They get so bad, only 4 to 5 hours after dosing. I'm going to smoke a little bit of fetty (I got one last half gram) then I'm going to take the tiniest sliver of sub around 12pm pacific. If anyone can give any insight or anything into my plan that would be great, any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Well I decided to smoke only a few hits after my previous reply, then a little before 2pm pacific I decided to rip the smallest little corner off of one of my subs and take it. Immediately after it dissolved I started feeling really funny (almost like PWD was about to start but it hasn't, just a bowel movement and very ancy) and a little bit like I'm detoxing but not much. I plan on waiting a couple hours til around 4pm pacific to smoke a little fetty and eat. Then at bedtime I'm thinking of taking another small sliver of sub, followed by smoking an hour or so later. I really hope I'm doing this right. I don't have a choice I got to do this and it has to be now.
Any help or anecdotes is greatly appreciated

Well I decided to smoke only a few hits after my previous reply, then a little before 2pm pacific I decided to rip the smallest little corner off of one of my subs and take it. Immediately after it dissolved I started feeling really funny (almost like PWD was about to start but it hasn't, just a bowel movement and very ancy) and a little bit like I'm detoxing but not much. I plan on waiting a couple hours til around 4pm pacific to smoke a little fetty and eat. Then at bedtime I'm thinking of taking another small sliver of sub, followed by smoking an hour or so later. I really hope I'm doing this right. I don't have a choice I got to do this and it has to be now.
Any help or anecdotes is greatly appreciated
How are you doing today? Any updates?

How are you doing today? Any updates?
I'm struggling. I took the first tiny sliver of sub and almost felt like I was going to get super sick but didn't. Felt weird the rest of the day but it was somewhat manageable.
Woke up at about 3am to take my second tiny piece for the day (I'm trying to follow some of the schedules on here for Bernese method) and about an hour or so later started feeling pretty shitty. I can't stop winging out, pacing back and forth. I'm not in full blown withdraw but I hurt and can't sit or sleep. Panicking pretty hard. Smoking fent doesn't really help me right now but when I get panicky like this I don't know how to deal.
Is this normal with Bernese method? Should I expect to feel better or worse? I'm really struggling mentally right now, thinking about the methadone route and also feeling a bit suicidal. I want out, I want off. So bad.
I'm going to take maybe a couple pregabalin and a bit of ativan to try and calm down.
Any replies or help or insight or anything at all is very much appreciated.

I just wanted to give you some encouragement and maybe I can encourage us both.
I am hurting too. Just got ripped off morphine and put on suboxone and I am injured with chronic pain.
My doctor retired and I couldn’t find another doctor who would take me, due to the crackdown on pain medication prescribing.

It sucks to change medications. Really bad with what you and I are both dealing with.
But, we have no choice. We have to get this done and we might just end up feeling a whole lot better.
Try to keep your mind ahead, at a future point where you actually feel better and recover a life back.
Think of all the FUN things you used to enjoy and do.

I used Loperamide in between the switch and the suboxone just burned right through the loperamide.
No problem. I get super hot and soaking with sweat right after I take the suboxone. That has not gone away.
I am about 15 days in on just using suboxone.

I think you are kind of torturing yourself. Maybe, just enjoy the last bit of fentanyl and break away from it at a time where you are going to go into withdrawal while you are asleep.
Then, you could take some Loperamide for the stomach issues and a little bit of reduced agony.
Wait until you just can’t stand it anymore and take 8 mg of the suboxone.
That will make you feel a whole lot better. You know that at least you have relief right there at anytime. That does help.

I think you should think about doing maintenance for awhile and taper that off. Slowly.
That is what I am going to try to do, but it may not be possible at this point.
At least I have got a prescription for it though and don’t have to work with such a limited supply.
Maybe it is possible for you to switch to suboxone and then taper right off. I couldn’t do it that fast.

You should decide if you want to go with suboxone or methadone and take into account the cost, if you can make it to the clinic daily. Etc..., and get that set up in advance so that you are not left sick as hell, trying to find somewhere.
That sucks a lot more and was the situation I was in.
Figure that out while you still have some fentanyl.

I am here. I am willing to talk through it with you. I am going through it too.
Hugs.

I just wanted to give you some encouragement and maybe I can encourage us both.
I am hurting too. Just got ripped off morphine and put on suboxone and I am injured with chronic pain.
My doctor retired and I couldn’t find another doctor who would take me, due to the crackdown on pain medication prescribing.

It sucks to change medications. Really bad with what you and I are both dealing with.
But, we have no choice. We have to get this done and we might just end up feeling a whole lot better.
Try to keep your mind ahead, at a future point where you actually feel better and recover a life back.
Think of all the FUN things you used to enjoy and do.

I used Loperamide in between the switch and the suboxone just burned right through the loperamide.
No problem. I get super hot and soaking with sweat right after I take the suboxone. That has not gone away.
I am about 15 days in on just using suboxone.

I think you are kind of torturing yourself. Maybe, just enjoy the last bit of fentanyl and break away from it at a time where you are going to go into withdrawal while you are asleep.
Then, you could take some Loperamide for the stomach issues and a little bit of reduced agony.
Wait until you just can’t stand it anymore and take 8 mg of the suboxone.
That will make you feel a whole lot better. You know that at least you have relief right there at anytime. That does help.

I think you should think about doing maintenance for awhile and taper that off. Slowly.
That is what I am going to try to do, but it may not be possible at this point.
At least I have got a prescription for it though and don’t have to work with such a limited supply.
Maybe it is possible for you to switch to suboxone and then taper right off. I couldn’t do it that fast.

You should decide if you want to go with suboxone or methadone and take into account the cost, if you can make it to the clinic daily. Etc..., and get that set up in advance so that you are not left sick as hell, trying to find somewhere.
That sucks a lot more and was the situation I was in.
Figure that out while you still have some fentanyl.

I am here. I am willing to talk through it with you. I am going through it too.
Hugs.
You're awesome, thank you so much for the words of encouragement!
Progress update:
After wigging out this morning I decided to take a couple gabas and a bit of my anxiety meds, smoked weed and ended up smoking more fetty than I should of. Ended up passing out for 4 hours. Woke up feeling the gabas and no want for fetty (very weird, I usually 'need to smoke every 4 to 5 hours.) It's almost 5pm pacific now, I took a slightly bigger piece of sub than last night or yesterday. I have the 12mg subs and I'm ripping off small pieces, if I had to guess I probably did around .25 - .5 mg of sub. I feel fine so far, went to get groceries and picked up some weed from the dispensary.
Am I already getting help from the sub? I'm feeling pretty nice. Going to smoke some weed, play some Switch and eat dinner with my gf. I don't know how long feeling nice is going to last, especially since I'm trying to start cutting back on that half a gram fent habit. I'm going to stick to my schedule and start cutting back more. Will keep you guys updated. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Progress update:
After wigging out this morning I decided to take a couple gabas and a bit of my anxiety meds, smoked weed and ended up smoking more fetty than I should of. Ended up passing out for 4 hours. Woke up feeling the gabas and no want for fetty (very weird, I usually 'need to smoke every 4 to 5 hours.) It's almost 5pm pacific now, I took a slightly bigger piece of sub than last night or yesterday. I have the 12mg subs and I'm ripping off small pieces, if I had to guess I probably did around .25 - .5 mg of sub. I feel fine so far, went to get groceries and picked up some weed from the dispensary.
Am I already getting help from the sub? I'm feeling pretty nice. Going to smoke some weed, play some Switch and eat dinner with my gf. I don't know how long feeling nice is going to last, especially since I'm trying to start cutting back on that half a gram fent habit. I'm going to stick to my schedule and start cutting back more. Will keep you guys updated. Any advice or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!
Good to hear.
Gabapentin really helps me to keep my mood stable and it also does help a lot for withdrawal symptoms.
The suboxone is not too bad quite honestly. This might end up being better.
I cannot believe how long lasting it is and I do hit times where I feel really good.
I am starting to like it. I have less pain usually now also.
This stuff is way stronger than the morphine I was prescribed before this.
Yes, I think that it is already starting to work.
See if you can get by tonight without using fentanyl. Just take a little more suboxone.

I misunderstood the directions the doctor gave me and ran myself out of it early and I made it through 4 days with just a little bit off one 8mg pill each day.
I was amazed that was enough to keep me alright.

Keep going. You can do this and you might even like it better. 👍
Don’t be afraid. I am very pleasantly surprised.

Progress update:
Just keep focused on your goal of quitting fent. Your decision and proactive steps to quit and try to utilise the Bernese method speak volumes of your motivation and dedication to quitting, so please remind yourself of that whenever you have moments of weakness. Keep moving forward man, you're doing great, you really are.

Just keep focused on your goal of quitting fent. Your decision and proactive steps to quit and try to utilise the Bernese method speak volumes of your motivation and dedication to quitting, so please remind yourself of that whenever you have moments of weakness. Keep moving forward man, you're doing great, you really are.
Just want to give an update; I'm tripping. After the last update things got a ton better. Almost feels like I've already inducted on sub (my body is very weird very fast metabolism) because I usually need to smoke fent every 4 to 5 hours. Well I woke up 3am took my sub and walked my gf across town to the bus stop at 3am. Was expecting to feel like crap, but instead I'm starting to feel normal? I'm able to go 12+ hours without smoking, and I only smoked because I'm following the method of decreasing slowly. This is crazy awesome if this works. I'm able to eat, do my daily chores again. I'm starting to feel like myself. I'm still worried for when I jump off fully, but for the time being it seems like things are really working! About to take my afternoon dose of sub. Haven't smoked since 7am (its 3pm now, and I'm not smoking just taking sub, probably won't smoke til tonight before bed.)
Any advice or words of kindness or anything is greatly appreciated! I can't wait to get back to normal, I'm 27 about to be 28. I'm the oldest of 4 siblings, and I haven't seen my family in 5+ years. Can't wait to be healthy and to see them. I can't wait!