• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Legalising v decriminalising drugs A half-smoked joint

trains2.jpg

Purity doesn't equal safety. In fact you will more likely overdose from a pure product, particularly if you are talking about a substance like heroin where peoples tolerance means an average dose varies greatly between users.

No government is in the business of distributing drugs, just as they are not in the business of selling tobacco or alcohol. It is counter productive for them to try and balance a health budget while at the same time being responsible for placing pressures on it. Sick people don't work and therefore can't pay taxes.

You can talk about education all you want but there is a significant proportion of people who still don't wear their seat belts or attempt to do their own electrical work. I'd argue that it is probably the same percentage of people who get into serious trouble with their drug taking today. Legalising all drugs won't stop the idiots dying any more than than it will stop idiots killing themselves train surfing.
No government is selling any drugs NOW.
They should, because whether they sell it or not, people will use it.
Humans feel the need to explore different feelings through substances.
It's not counter productive, it creates jobs and it makes the selling regulated and keeps the health risks to a minimum.
ODs won't take place if people know what their right dose is and that right dose is exact (because their product is pure.)
I have only used pure products so far and yes, I've had way too much MDMA, but that's it. That's all I've had too much of, because I wasn't informed yet (and didn't bother to inform myself)
When people choose to ignore the guidelines, that's their choice, but you have those idiots now too and they deserve a beautiful hit of SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST up their ass.

What exactly is the right heroin dose for a noob? What about 6 months into a heavy addiction? It is impossible to say with a drug like heroin as tolerance changes differently from person to person. I'd hate to be the government official who sets the recommended daily allowance for that drug.

The same applies to MDMA. Look around this site and you'll find people suffering after a single night out on the drug. It is hard enough for drug companies and governments to prescribe tested and proven medications as there will always be those who have adverse reactions. At least they can argue against any litigation by saying that the public benefits out way the risks. This isn't possible with recreational drugs. For every dollar you might save on law enforcement you will likely spend on the health system or lose in productivity due to addicts not working.

The governments job isn't to make your life happy, it is to keep society functioning. It does this just fine without needing to promote harder drug use.

But it does promote hard drug use by making selling and pushing then so profitable. Also by tagging people with a record the severely inhibits decent employment they cause an army of people who are much more likely to deal drugs.. thus promoting hard drugs.

Drug users make it profitable. The government stance is always do not buy and use drugs.

You could always not get caught. It's called a war for a reason and sometimes a clever soldier uses camouflage ;)

Am I saying they should promote hard drugs?
They shouldn't promote them, just sell them from a trusted specialized shop instead of a street dealer who's main goal is to get you hooked and earn more.
I personally don't know what the recommended heroin dose is, but that's because I'm not an opioid expert.
For MDMA, the recommended amount is 1 ~ 1.5x your weight (kg) in mg (e.g. 80kg, means 80~120mg) for women and 1.5 ~ 2x your weight in mg for men (e.g. 80kg, means 120~160mg)
When using once every three months, your brain damage will have recovered and so will your tolerance, therefore, you can use this same dose again.
Otherwise, you'll have to build up and feel what's right for you and accept that damage is building up.
Like I said, abusers will be there, whether it's legal or not.

The drug war does not focus or make a sliver of diffrence in demand.

Almost everyone gets popped eventually OTW.

So do as I say and not as I do?

The drug war does not focus or make a sliver of diffrence in demand.

Almost everyone gets popped eventually OTW.
I don't know any one of my friends who have been arrested for drugs and we are all in our 40's with at least half a life time of using drugs.