• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Legal Ketamine infusion, has anyone tried this?

Change of perspective - I rationalize that as being its therapeutic benefit.

It basically reduces cortical nerve firing precipitating heightened limbic activity thus psychosis.

Unlike noradrenaline which implicates cognizance, serotonin mood, ketamine doesn't have any direct appreciable effect on transmitter activity.

Thus, it's a kind of a novel mechanism - perhaps kind of like shocking cognition awake by taking it out of its comfort zone, vs having an appreciable neurological implication in terms of transmission.

I've been using Google sense I was a kid. I mean I used the internet before then but I have loyalty. If any of the purge search engines made it like Google did I would consider changing, but they didn't. Plus Google was the first search engine that worked for me, first one that spell checked my stuff correctly and as before Google we were taught how to go to the library and search stuff on book I dunno I think Google would have to kill people for me to stop using them. Then again I'm still a little upset Google music just faded away... Lost a lot of music in the transfer sadly. I dunno. I'm going to get ketamine. Gotta ok it with my folks. Sadly they hold money for me because I used to have a drug problem and this might get complicated because I want to spend it on a drug. But I'm in so much pain im starting to think about how much longer I can take it. Not a year. No way. I won't kill myself but I will start buying fenty and make my own pulls or maybe meth. I know, I know, but wtf I can't handle this, it's got so much worse to. Wtf is wrong with the country I can't get more pain meds because why? Because of stupid stuff laws that I might get caught up in because I'm in real pain seeking treatment doing everything I can do get better, and I am but it's just getting worse. Sigh.

I've been using Google sense I was a kid. I mean I used the internet before then but I have loyalty. If any of the purge search engines made it like Google did I would consider changing, but they didn't. Plus Google was the first search engine that worked for me, first one that spell checked my stuff correctly and as before Google we were taught how to go to the library and search stuff on book I dunno I think Google would have to kill people for me to stop using them. Then again I'm still a little upset Google music just faded away... Lost a lot of music in the transfer sadly. I dunno. I'm going to get ketamine. Gotta ok it with my folks. Sadly they hold money for me because I used to have a drug problem and this might get complicated because I want to spend it on a drug. But I'm in so much pain im starting to think about how much longer I can take it. Not a year. No way. I won't kill myself but I will start buying fenty and make my own pulls or maybe meth. I know, I know, but wtf I can't handle this, it's got so much worse to. Wtf is wrong with the country I can't get more pain meds because why? Because of stupid stuff laws that I might get caught up in because I'm in real pain seeking treatment doing everything I can do get better, and I am but it's just getting worse. Sigh.
I've never heard of ketamine helping pain in anything but an acute sense, are you sure you are not getting scammed?

I'm doing the same thing with my parents holding my money, feels a little ridiculous at 28. Not all of it or anything but the vast majority of my savings, plus he took all my stimulus checks. It was kind of forced on me, my dad has the same name and cashed my last two checks without my consent and then refused to give it to me, except for essentials. Not going to lie, it may have helped me get out of my binge cycle. Still totally illegal though. Makes me nervous if I can trust him as he's not the most supportive in general these days.

Ketamine is used for teeth by dentist and doctors use it for surgery. So yes in that sense im sure I'm not being scammed. I you tubed ketamine and none of them mention pain is all about depression. But it is used for pain my doctor told me he can not give me another norco but that ketamine would help the same my doctor's also implied if I redo the ketamine like once every two years it would keep helping and last. I dunno it does sound impossible to me. But maybe I should do this while its still legal. The way drug laws are going things will only get harder to get not more easy. I feel bad for anyone in bad pain because good luck getting help.

Ketamine is used for teeth by dentist and doctors use it for surgery. So yes in that sense im sure I'm not being scammed. I you tubed ketamine and none of them mention pain is all about depression. But it is used for pain my doctor told me he can not give me another norco but that ketamine would help the same my doctor's also implied if I redo the ketamine like once every two years it would keep helping and last. I dunno it does sound impossible to me. But maybe I should do this while its still legal. The way drug laws are going things will only get harder to get not more easy. I feel bad for anyone in bad pain because good luck getting help.
Yeah, I think your doctor is giving you inaccurate information.

I have been doing it for months. It's $500 a session. Initially you have 6 to 10 sessions within 3 weeks and sometimes more depending on how you respond. Then when you start feeling crummy you go in for another session. I have been going once a week. My psychiatrist also prescribed me pure ketamine spray (not esketimine) but I hate it going down my throat so I don't use it. I'm going to start TMS therapy next, insurance typically covers it if you qualify.

God these ketamine clinics piss me off with their price tags. It's predatory, IMO, preying on desperate people who want some help, and making like 50 times the cost to them in profit. That price tag is insane. But it's certainly going to be better for your brain and body than $2500 worth of meth.

Ketamine therapy is supposed to be for depression, for some people it can really help treatment-resistant depression, for a time anyway. I have never heard of ketamine being used for pain relief that lasts for any time beyond the acute effects of ketamine. It certainly is good for pain, since it pouts you out of touch with your body, but it doesn't stop pain for any length of time beyond the effects of ketamine (which are quite short, just a couple of hours at most). I have never heard of anyone having pain relief that lasted a long time, let alone 2 years.

God I feel sorry for you guys without universal healthcare. Ketamine infusion would cost you nothing here if you needed it. I haven’t had one personally but from what I’ve seen clinically, it does the trick pain wise. It’s what we give when IV Morphine and Fentanyl infusions aren’t working. It’s “the big guns”. I’ve never seen it not work, really. Having said that, some have bad side effects- hallucinations that seem quite distressing.

(No idea about it treating anything than what it’s approved for)