• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

legal ecstasy alternatives

Liquideyes asked a fairly simple question, and most people chose to flame him, instead of answering it. Then along came Phreex. Although I've never met phreex, I've always considered his postings to be clear, concise and extremely informative. Phreex doesn't get caught up in the little pissing contest that some others do, and I respect that about him. I agree completely with his responce, that all those "legal alternatives are crap", as we have tried several of them.

A "contact ecstasy high" .. I am reminded of a party I went to about 2 years ago.. I had a crush on this chick and invited her to a house party - well, the only way she would go is if I let her drag along one of her nutty friends (she had a lot of friends that were fucked up) .. well, I wasn't happy to have the extra baggage, but hey, I figured she was worth it.. so of course I am going to feed her a pill, and of course her worthless friend has no money or drugs - so of course her friend does the "it's been sooooo long since I rolled" bullshit - sorry, I am trying to get with only one of you, I am not wasting drugs on this tag-along ..
So we are at the party, and it isn't that bad.. we both drop our rolls and begin to properly blow up - neither of us have any consideration for the added weight.. well, we are both blowing up and this chick starts to get a little nutty - she proclaims that she is "feeling our roll" .. her act continues and within a few minutes her jaw is chattering and her eyes back in her head.. I had to excuse myself and go outside when she asks for a "shotgun" ...
Nutty fucking psycho.. you don't get a "contact ecstasy high" ..
Not really on topic, but it was funny as hell..
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

Well, the placebo effect is a proven scientific fact. The right kind of stimulus could trigger reactions in the brain that cause someone to experience ecstacy-like feelings, even some physical sensations. It happens to me on occasion. Not that I roll, but I get the occasional tingle moving up the back of my spine and across my scalp induced by something (like a certain song) that I associate with x. I never feel like I'm high, though.
Maybe it's possible this girl did have a contact high. But if she did, she's a feeble-minded moron...which she sounds to be, so who knows?
After all, if Jim Jones got 900 people to drink the holy Kool Aid, I suppose it's possible. The power of suggestion... some people are just fuckin weak.

I understand the concept of the placebo high, and I believe it - but to believe it would go as far as she did.. well, I say with a good deal of certinty that it's NOT POSSIBLE! I mean, myself and this chick were rolling off 2 good pills but we were no where close to how this looney toon was looking...
She (her name is Linda btw) later prooved to be a total nut case - her mom is a prostitute with terminal AIDS - I drove her to a gas station in exchange for some smack.. Linda has been shooting up since she was like 13, but after years of practice, the bitch still couldn't hit herself properly.. we later found out that she also has AIDS as her only source of syringes was her mommies leftovers (being the warm and caring person I am, I gave her a pack for her birthday) .. she thinks she can talk to the dead .. shit, there were a number of other funny things about her but I forget them now..
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

Just thinkin...
We always bitch about the psychotic fuck-ups that we have known throughout our lives. But let's face it: These are the people that add entertainment and excitement to our lives, and they're invariably the people that give us the best stories for later on.
The only problem is, that's always after the fact. And in the meantime, you've gotta put up with their nutty fuckery.

Just thinkin...
We always bitch about the psychotic fuck-ups that we have known throughout our lives. But let's face it: These are the people that add entertainment and excitement to our lives, and they're invariably the people that give us the best stories for later on.
The only problem is, that's always after the fact. And in the meantime, you've gotta put up with their nutty fuckery.

aww..u guys r so mean. i feel sorry for dat linda girl..imagine having her life..why dont u people show sum compassion instead of going around flaming people all day.

I definately believe in the placebo issue, there have been numerous medical studies where it's worked, and I've witnessed it myself. One of my friends, a few years back, sold a kid a green square of cardboard and told him it was LSD. Next day the kid wanted more, said it was the best acid trip he'd ever had.
As to the topic of safer alternatives... I've heard rumors that GHB, like before mentioned in someone's post, is sold as GBL and the body reacts to it and changes it to GHB, and that there was something similar to that for E. Like I said, they were rumors, so don't quote me here. I don't know much about the actual chemical comp. of E, so couldn't tell ya. It was said that both can be bought at GNC, and I'm assuming they can be bought at other natural herbal and health stores.
But a safer drug... think of the word drug. Drugs, even prescription ones are not good for you most of the time. They're chemicals that mess with your body. And as much as I love E and other party drugs, I've had 10x more fun being sober. I can actually hear and judge the music clearly, I understand what people are saying without having them repeat it six times or having them echo out. And I'm not all cracked out the next day, and I don't feel like I was run over by a damned garbage truck that reads: Let's Hug.
Drugs are to heighten an experience, but they will not necessarily MAKE you have fun, you have to start off having fun already.
Sorry if I wasn't of any help, but hopefully I was =)
PLURR
------------------
*with the wind i rode on a wave, with the absence of.. i fell, with the light i awakened, and with the night stars i was alive and breathing*

I definately believe in the placebo issue, there have been numerous medical studies where it's worked, and I've witnessed it myself. One of my friends, a few years back, sold a kid a green square of cardboard and told him it was LSD. Next day the kid wanted more, said it was the best acid trip he'd ever had.
As to the topic of safer alternatives... I've heard rumors that GHB, like before mentioned in someone's post, is sold as GBL and the body reacts to it and changes it to GHB, and that there was something similar to that for E. Like I said, they were rumors, so don't quote me here. I don't know much about the actual chemical comp. of E, so couldn't tell ya. It was said that both can be bought at GNC, and I'm assuming they can be bought at other natural herbal and health stores.
But a safer drug... think of the word drug. Drugs, even prescription ones are not good for you most of the time. They're chemicals that mess with your body. And as much as I love E and other party drugs, I've had 10x more fun being sober. I can actually hear and judge the music clearly, I understand what people are saying without having them repeat it six times or having them echo out. And I'm not all cracked out the next day, and I don't feel like I was run over by a damned garbage truck that reads: Let's Hug.
Drugs are to heighten an experience, but they will not necessarily MAKE you have fun, you have to start off having fun already.
PLURR
------------------
*with the wind i rode on a wave, with the absence of.. i fell, with the light i awakened, and with the night stars i was alive and breathing*

PLURR
------------------

sorry, i didn't mean to post that three times, but i'm on webtv, and it gave me an error message that "the publisher is too busy to use right now" so i retryed it.
apologies!!!
------------------

Heh, I did the same damn thing!
smile.gif
I tried deleting my xtra posts, and it wouldn't let me.
You said something though, that I personally think is VERY important:
"Drugs are to heighten an experience, but they will not necessarily MAKE you have fun, you have to start off having fun already."
I think a lot of people don't consider it this way. I didn't touch any drugs until I was 26. The reason I did at that point was that I decided that I was mature enough to handle it and deal with the potential consequences, and I wanted to experience things I had experienced before with a different perception.
I've since tried many things under the influence, but one thing that I try to do (though it doesn't always work out), is to do something different each time. The important thing is that the drugs are always combined with an experience. Doing drugs for the sake of being high is, IMO, worthless.
...And on a totally unrelated note, I think it's interesting that the only bad reaction to any drug that I've ever had was to a legal med prescribed for me by a doctor. (see my Zyban/Welbutrin post for specifics)
------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

I understand the placebo effect, but this nutjob didn't even take anything - she got a "contact high".. it was bullshit, because she "sobered up" when she realized she was not getting any pills .. I just think her act was funny...
------------------
(posted by dust1n)

That kid who ate cardboard remins me of a good story. In 8th grade this kid colin was asking me about weed and telling me how badly he wanted to get some, so i said "yeah man i can hook you up good" so the proceeding day I went to my friens house and we got a baggy and went in his front yard and ripped random plant material out of the ground and sold it to him, there was probably pinestraw in there also. Well a few days later at school he was like yeah, this is awesome, i smoked like 7 joints back in the woods and im pretty high. That same day he also sold half of it to this girl and they both got caught and suspended for 10 days, no shit. We also gave him an altoid one time and told him it was speed, but he didnt fool for it this time. But he is a good example of an annoying fuckedup kid who you dislike but you have great stories from.

That kid who ate cardboard remins me of a good story. In 8th grade this kid colin was asking me about weed and telling me how badly he wanted to get some, so i said "yeah man i can hook you up good" so the proceeding day I went to my friens house and we got a baggy and went in his front yard and ripped random plant material out of the ground and sold it to him, there was probably pinestraw in there also. Well a few days later at school he was like yeah, this is awesome, i smoked like 7 joints back in the woods and im pretty high. That same day he also sold half of it to this girl and they both got caught and suspended for 10 days, no shit. We also gave him an altoid one time and told him it was speed, but he didnt fool for it this time. But he is a good example of an annoying fuckedup kid who you dislike but you have great stories from.

That kid who ate cardboard remins me of a good story. In 8th grade this kid colin was asking me about weed and telling me how badly he wanted to get some, so i said "yeah man i can hook you up good" so the proceeding day I went to my friens house and we got a baggy and went in his front yard and ripped random plant material out of the ground and sold it to him, there was probably pinestraw in there also.
Well a few days later at school he was like "yeah, this is awesome, i smoked like 7 joints back in the woods and im pretty high." That same day he also sold half of it to this girl and they both got caught and suspended for 10 days, no shit. We also gave him an altoid one time and told him it was speed, but he didnt fall for it. Anyway, he is a good example of an annoying fucked up kid who you dislike but you have great stories from.

That kid who ate cardboard remins me of a good story. In 8th grade this kid colin was asking me about weed and telling me how badly he wanted to get some, so i said "yeah man i can hook you up good" so the proceeding day I went to my friens house and we got a baggy and went in his front yard and ripped random plant material out of the ground and sold it to him, there was probably pinestraw in there also.
Well a few days later at school he was like "yeah, this is awesome, i smoked like 7 joints back in the woods and im pretty high." That same day he also sold half of it to this girl and they both got caught and suspended for 10 days, no shit. We also gave him an altoid one time and told him it was speed, but he didnt fall for it. Anyway, he is a good example of an annoying fucked up kid who you dislike but you have great stories from.

Just FYI if you do "edit post" the little icon with the paper and pencel, and then check the box that says "Check here to delete post" you can delete it! So you can delete 2 of em and no one would ever know you had posted that 3 times :)