• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Le Junk's Cocaine Purification Megathread v. The Final Word

phase_dancer said:
Amphetamine and meth freebases are slightly soluble in water

FROM "CLARKES ANALYSIS OF DRUGS AND POISONS"

If it's freebase, 1 in 50 is a good number considering cocaine freebase is 1 in 600.

Therefore, a good 200 per gram of cocaine freebase should suffice, wouldn't you say?

Junk

Last edited:
In phase_dancer's post with the quote from CLARKES ANALYSIS OF DRUGS AND POISONS said that it is:

"Amfetamine (amphetamine);

A colourless, mobile, slowly volatile liquid. It absorbs carbon dioxide from the air forming a volatile carbonate. B.p. 200° to 203°.

Soluble 1 in 50 of water; soluble in ethanol chloroform and ether; readily soluble in acids."

I always find contradicting sources when it comes to solubility of different chemicals. 8(

So, i guess my main question would be, is there any unwatched solvents in which amps are soluble while coke isn't or vice versa?

You can remove caffeine with an acetone wash, and remove ephedrine with a chloroform extraction. If there was only a simple solvent wash or extraction that could remove amps that would be great.

kjb1891 said:
So, i guess my main question would be, is there any unwatched solvents in which amps are soluble while coke isn't or vice versa?

You can remove caffeine with an acetone wash, and remove ephedrine with a chloroform extraction. If there was only a simple solvent wash or extraction that could remove amps that would be great.

There is. 99% isoporopanol alcohol will remove amps. Cocaine is soluble in it while amps are not.

I've tried all of the above methods individually, but the only method that really works is the one I've mentioned.

is the method^^ described in the first post??

,if i just take cooked coked ,"ROCK" and chop it up and put it into water and poor through a filter what will that result in ,after i recook whats left?

will the amp's be gone as well as other cuts?

or do i need to use acetone and acahol or whatever,i need exeact info

Does 99% isopropanol evaporate fairly quickly at room temperature?

Hmmm...I think it would be a good science experiment to do an acetone wash, isopropanol extraction, and chloroform extraction... ;)

I'm assuming this works principally because the phenethylamine freebases (amphetamine, ephedrine, P2P, meth, etc) are not solids at room temperature whereas cocaine freebase is -- am I right? I haven't been able to find any information on the solubilities of any of these freebases. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm assuming this works principally because the phenethylamine freebases (amphetamine, ephedrine, P2P, meth, etc) are not solids at room temperature whereas cocaine freebase is -- am I right? I haven't been able to find any information on the solubilities of any of these freebases. Anyone have any ideas?

P2P is a ketone, not an amine. Solubilities are based mostly on the polar nature of the molecule in question. I'm sure this info has been posted before.

Freebase data only, except for P2P (phenylacetone) ref; M. Index

Title: Amphetamine
CAS Registry Number: 300-62-9
CAS Name: a-Methylbenzeneethanamine
Additional Names: (±)-a-methylphenethylamine; 1-phenyl-2-aminopropane; b-phenylisopropylamine; b-aminopropylbenzene; (±)-desoxynorephedrine

Molecular Formula: C9H13N
Molecular Weight: 135.21.
Percent Composition: C 79.95%, H 9.69%, N 10.36%

Properties: Mobile liquid. Amine odor. Acrid, burning taste. Volatilizes slowly at room temp. d425 0.913. bp760 200-203°; bp13 82-85°. Slightly soluble in water; sol in alc, ether; readily sol in acids. Aq solns are alkaline to litmus. LD50 in rats (mg/kg): 180 s.c. (Warren, Werner).
Boiling point: bp760 200-203°; bp13 82-85°
Density: d425 0.913
Toxicity data: LD50 in rats (mg/kg): 180 s.c. (Warren, Werner)

Title:Ephedrine
CAS Registry Number: 299-42-3
CAS Name: (aR)-a-[(1S)-1-(Methylamino)ethyl]benzenemethanol
Additional Names: (1R,2S)-2-methylamino-1-phenylpropan-1-ol; L-erythro-2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpropan-1-ol; l-ephedrine

Molecular Formula: C10H15NO
Molecular Weight: 165.23.

Properties: Waxy solid, crystals or granules. Gradually dec on exposure to light. Anhydr material is hygroscopic, mp 38.1°. Also occurs as the hemihydrate, mp 40°. bp745 260°. Sol in water, alcohol, chloroform, ether. Keep well closed in a cool place.
Melting point: mp 38.1°; mp 40°
Boiling point: bp745 260°

Title: Methamphetamine
CAS Registry Number: 537-46-2
CAS Name: (aS)-N,a-Dimethylbenzeneethanamine
Additional Names: (S)-(+)-N,a-dimethylphenethylamine; d-N-methylamphetamine; d-deoxyephedrine; d-desoxyephedrine; 1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropane; d-phenylisopropylmethylamine; methyl-b-phenylisopropylamine
Trademarks: Norodin (Endo)

[edit]I don't seem to be able to find solubility data for methamphetamine freebase, only salts. However, I would expect it would have similar solubilities to amphetamine and is probably only slightly less soluble in polar solvents.

Molecular Formula: C10H15N
Molecular Weight: 149.23.
Percent Composition: C 80.48%, H 10.13%, N 9.39%
Literature References: Central stimulant. Can be prepd by reducing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine: Emde, Helv. Chim. Acta 12, 365 (1929). Prepn by reducing the condensation product of benzyl methyl ketone and methylamine: A. Ogata, J. Pharm. Soc. Japan 451, 751 (1919), C.A. 14, 745 (1920). Synthesis from D-phenylalanine: D. B. Repke et al., J. Pharm. Sci. 67, 1167 (1978). Stereochemistry-pharmacology aspects: Patil et al., J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 155, 1, 13 (1967). Toxicity data: A. M. Lands et al., J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 89, 382 (1947). Review of clinical trials in bulimia: H. G. Pope, Jr., J. I. Hudson, J. Clin. Psychiatry 47, 339 (1986). Review of pharmacology and abuse potential: A. K. Cho, Science 249, 631-634 (1990).

Title: Phenylacetone
CAS Registry Number: 103-79-7
CAS Name: 1-Phenyl-2-propanone
Additional Names: benzyl methyl ketone

Molecular Formula: C9H10O
Molecular Weight: 134.17.
Percent Composition: C 80.57%, H 7.51%, O 11.92%
Line Formula: C6H5CH2COCH3

Literature References: Prepn from phenylacetic and acetic acids: R. H. Pickard, J. Kenyon, J. Chem. Soc. 105, 1124 (1914); R. M. Herbst, R. H. Manske, Org. Syn. coll. vol. II, 389 (1943); from a-phenylacetoacetonitrile: P. L. Julian, J. J. Oliver, ibid. 391; from a-methyl-a-phenylethylene oxide: S. Danilow, E. Venus-Danilowa, Ber. 60, 1050 (1927); from diethyl malonate: H. G. Walker, C. R. Hauser, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 68, 1386 (1946). Conformational calculations: M. Hirota et al., Tetrahedron 39, 3091 (1983). Use as prochiral ketone in enantioselective hydrosilylation: H. Brenner et al., Ber. 117, 1330 (1984).

Properties: Oil, mp -16 to -15°. bp760 214°; bp14 100-101°. d420 1.0157. nD 1.5174. uv max (ethanol): 258, 283 nm (e 255, 150).
Melting point: mp -16 to -15°
Boiling point: bp760 214°; bp14 100-101°
Index of refraction: nD 1.5174
Absorption maximum: uv max (ethanol): 258, 283 nm (e 255, 150)
Density: d420 1.0157

NOTE: This is a controlled substance: 21 CFR, 1308.12.
Use: In organic synthesis; production of benzyl radicals by photolysis.

Last edited:
after tons of research, i've concluded, without actually sending out a sample to a lab, that there are 2 forms of "cocaine" circulating, generallizing of course, since both can be cut down with all sorts of crap.

I'm talking straight off the kilo brick coke.

Theres the highly purified cocaine that is refined properly including the oxidation step involving permanganate that usually yields a slightly off white, soft chunky crystalline rock with a freebase that melts at about 85C and has a yellow oily color. this is the real deal.

Then there is the poor quality (usually Bolivian) coke that unfortunately, they did not purify with an oxidative step to remove the highly predominant alkaloids like cinnamoylcocaine which in many plants may be as high a content as cocaine itself. This yields a white granular crystal, very bitter, numbing, highly positive reaction on all standard tests for cocaine. The freebase melts higher right about 95C and is white and hard. The psychological effects are poor with an annoying dizzying high and little euphoria. There is evidence that some of these alkaloids may block cocaines effect at the receptor although they have little actual effect by themselves.

There really is no way to actually purify this out unfortunately. Since the supply of potassium permanganate has been limited by tight control, it has become more valuable than coca itself in many areas and the skipping of this important step yields terribly inferior cocaine. This all started about 15years ago.

Explain anything to you guys? Now, if you have the good stuff and its been cut and you want to get back to the good stuff then removal of cuts is ok. but if you have stuff that by all accounts looks good and should be good but it isnt and you ? why then this is likely the reason and its a damn shame.

gruvytune said:
after tons of research...

...Explain anything to you guys? Now, if you have the good stuff and its been cut and you want to get back to the good stuff then removal of cuts is ok. but if you have stuff that by all accounts looks good and should be good but it isnt and you ? why then this is likely the reason and its a damn shame.

Well. That makes sense and does explain a lot of things.

A quick question...when you say you use a spoon to make the base, do you mean like a ladle? Is it alright to use a ladle that is about 2.5 inches in height and about 2 inches wide. We are only using a gram or two.

Open Ur Eyes said:
A quick question...when you say you use a spoon to make the base, do you mean like a ladle? Is it alright to use a ladle that is about 2.5 inches in height and about 2 inches wide. We are only using a gram or two.

Yes. If your only using a gram or two, you can also simply use just a large metal soup spoon.

Junk, I take my hat off to you. This post was just what the doctor ordered, can't wait to try. MANY THANXS.

Derick Fereal said:
Junk, I take my hat off to you. This post was just what the doctor ordered, can't wait to try. MANY THANXS.

Your welcome, sir!

;)

dumb question

Hey, I have one question with the purification. I did meth for about 2 years straight and it is not available to me anymore, Cocaine is however. On this purification deal, i'm worried about the muratic acid. Does it evaporate completely off the acetone? That is some serious shit to be messing with. Who knows what I got with the meth. Thanks

i dont see muriatic acid just nitric acid when i searched and i just see ACETONE not anhydrous acetone ,or are they the same thing?

On this purification deal, i'm worried about the muratic acid. Does it evaporate completely off the acetone?

It will if you heat it sufficiently. Try placing the salt on a plate and sit that on a table lamp. You'll possibly need to monitor it and stir periodically

i dont see muriatic acid just nitric acid when i searched and i just see ACETONE not anhydrous acetone ,or are they the same thing?

Muriatic acid = hydrochloric acid = HCl.

This is not the same as nitric acid, sometimes known as aqua fortis = HNO3

Anhydrous acetone is simply acetone without water.

Last edited: