• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

laughter from psychedelics

With LSD I usually laugh at the sensations and visuals.

Sometimes it gets serious and introspective as I get tripped out by the illusions.

Then the biggest cosmic laughter erupts, the whole room pauses and I feel nothing but almost insanity laughing my ass off and feel like I'm not myself at all lol.

It feels good, I find with LSD it's easy to laugh and smile at everything in between times of extreme emotions.

I may be weird, but the only times I've really laughed on psychedelics is upon stumbling across some profound thought, and then it's just a little bit of satisfied laughter. I've never experienced spontaneous fits of laughter on mushrooms or anything else...

^ That's where I'm at. There was a time when I would laugh to deal with "the flood" of an oncoming psychedelic (like fastandbulbous mentioned). Now I'm more tightly lipped (it's hard to pay attention when laughing) although once the trip comes full circle and I'm sent that single thought that culminates the whole trip...then I send out a hearty "eureka!" kind of laughter into the universe for as long as it stays funny (and it still is).

I've found one of the best psychedelics for laughter is 2C-D as it seems to allow me to hold several different interpretations of the same situation, the laughter coming from the sometimes huge differences in viewpoint

To paraphrase the above post, it's a case of "I laughed til the tears rand down my thighs" =D

i often find that the hysterical laughter comes from just thinking about what you are doing. for example, last trip me and my friend were at his house in the mountains, standing on a table outside in shirts and jeans, so cold, about 10 at night, foggy and misty, playing with a laser. my friend was playing with it, and i just started laughing, thinking about the situation.
the next time we went outside for a walk, we decided we needed coats, so we put on ladies leather jackets and ladies hats, all 3 of us couldnt stop giggling for the whole walk around the block, at about 1 am.

Weed i just laugh when something is funny. I don't think its since its psychedelic, it just makes things seems funnier.

I've laughed on many drugs, mainly stronger ones like DMT. When im tripping with someone I start laughing and they start laughing just from being SO happy.

Salvia on the other hand gave me the worse laughs of my life and I don't know why. I just couldnt stop for anything

i remember my last shrooms trip i was literally laughing for probably and hour and a half straight at absolutely nothing, i felt fucking insane and out of my mind histerically laughing at the tv screen, thinking how stupid people are that buy into these dumbass fucking commercials.

now that is interesting, ive never thought of it this way

Combined with my capacity for accidents/mishaps/misunderstandings, there are times I've been creased up with laughter. It tends to occur when I realize just how serious thr situation could have become (the example that comes to mind is of staring at amorphous figures in motion in a club while tripping, only to have it pointed out that I looked liked I was gawping at a couple gretting jiggy,)It's the difference between the perceived and what's actually happening that triggers most of my laughing fits (especially when I'm left to fill in the details! =D).

The source of all laughter is internal resolution of awkward/bizzarre situations. That's why it feels so good (& is healthy for you)! :)

Last edited:
It's funny that two people mentioned salvia and laughing fits. I have got that twice on salvia but I thought it was very different to the way I've laughed on mushies or weed. These two have caused very enjoyable hysterics, salvia on the other hand is just... weird! Even though I'm laughing, I'm not really very happy. Once was when I was laughing along with God & the second time because Little people were carrying me away... :\

Anyone else feel the same way?!

If you start questiong the loop and it ends up making sense.. its very cool.. i cant explain what i mean, if it happened youd understand what im saying but im sure you have all already seen it tbh ><

i know. it's like you've just discovered something..like this great feeling of enlightenment overwhelms you. or at least that's how it is for me. =)

Only laughing fit I had was on high dose psilocybin. The fits alternated between laughing and screaming as I thought I was going crazy.

Salvia...gosh i actually cracked 2 ribs i laughed so hard. but it was worth the pain.

i stared at a newspaper for about 30 min. laughing at it with my 2 friends when we were shroomin hard.