View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

laughter from psychedelics

rkline

Bluelighter
Why do psychedelics cause spontaneous out of control laughter?

Does the laughter from marijuana use come from it being a minor psychedelic?

Laughter is generally a response to dealing with some misinterpretation with poyentially stressful consequences (that's why cringeworthy situations like in Fawlty Towers generally produces the most intense laughter as a way of resolving the tension. Obviously psychedelics are very easy to misinterpret things with, hence the laughter

When it gets strange is when I start laughing for some reason, and my mind just catches me in this thought-loop of laughter, which intensifies itself -- and before I know it I'm laughing incredibly hard, but I've forgot why I was ever laughing in the first place, and I feel completely insane.

Usually if I'm with somebody else, we'll get into fits of hysterical laughter over something unimportant (that actually wasn't very funny to begin with) and sometimes once we start its impossible to stop; I'll be laughing so hard that tears are running down my face, about nothing, and can't stop it. So strange.

When it gets strange is when I start laughing for some reason, and my mind just catches me in this thought-loop of laughter, which intensifies itself -- and before I know it I'm laughing incredibly hard, but I've forgot why I was ever laughing in the first place, and I feel completely insane.

Usually if I'm with somebody else, we'll get into fits of hysterical laughter over something unimportant (that actually wasn't very funny to begin with) and sometimes once we start its impossible to stop; I'll be laughing so hard that tears are running down my face, about nothing, and can't stop it. So strange.

I love these moments, especially when coming up on some lsd with close friends. Sometimes the laughter is so out of hand, you are literally crying as you laugh even harder, and your stomach muscles can be sore the next day. What were we laughing about? I don't know but it sure is funny!

I've mentioned it before, but a friend actually laughed so hard she puked thanks to 2C-D (it really does seem to tickle the funny bone more than other psychedelics, well at least for me it does) although it might have something to do with the vile taste of the drip from snorting 2C-D.

In the past I've had laughing fits so severe that I felt I'd asphyxiate or piss myself (lucily it's never happened to any appreciable degree!)

DOB makes me laught! When someting funny happens,time slows down and It create some disociative effect where I enter my inner vision.That funny thing completly mutates into surreal comedy and I wach it 20x per second in very funny distorted way.Like my friend laughts so hard that it sounds like pig battlecry :D That sound start to repeat very fast,more and more funny every milisecond with climax where i just cant stop crying from laughting so hard.

I usually only laugh at the very beginning of a shroom trip, after that I'm dead serious haha.

I'm usually chill on psychedelics, but on Salvia all hell breaks loose...it's physiologically impossible to stop my nonsensical laughter.

acid only made me laugh when i took a low dose and wasn't even tripping. i just laughed and couldn't speak properly like i couldn't control my tongue and my friend and i (both frying) were walking to some park and got lost...couldn't stop laughing at ourselves for hours...anyway good times. =D

Ahahaha yeah i was wondering the same thing. I remember once me and a mate were wasted on 4g of shrooms each and we decided to check his emails and he didnt get anything so we busted out laughing for like 30 mins non stop lol

I remember when we saw a bug flying around the light and its shadow looked like a dragon my mate was chasing it with a fly squatter then he took off his shirt cos he couldnt catch it, it was sooo dam funny

Then the other time one of our mates had sum shrooms for the first time and he sat outside on the balcony on a log and everyone agreed he looked like a shaman lol

I think persistent laughter on psychedelics may be born of joy as much as of weirdness. :)

You're laughing because you've discovered some amazing idea and want to share it with the world :D

I laugh a lót on LSD, I think it has to do with the slightly alien feeling you get from psychedelics, it makes things weird and I consider many weird things to be quite hilarious. What can also lead to laughing is the fact people say things quite out of the ordinairy when tripping, also usually causing laughter.

Why do psychedelics cause spontaneous out of control laughter?

Does the laughter from marijuana use come from it being a minor psychedelic?

Release of the system Ucs (see Jokes and their relation to the unconscious - S.Freud)

And I'd answer yes to the 2nd question

Laughter is generally a response to dealing with some misinterpretation with poyentially stressful consequences (that's why cringeworthy situations like in Fawlty Towers generally produces the most intense laughter as a way of resolving the tension. Obviously psychedelics are very easy to misinterpret things with, hence the laughter

now that is interesting, ive never thought of it this way

Roger&Me said:

PBF094-Freaking_Vortex.gif

;)

Things that are usually funny arent funny tho.. kinda odd..

If you start questiong the loop and it ends up making sense.. its very cool.. i cant explain what i mean, if it happened youd understand what im saying but im sure you have all already seen it tbh ><

I had gone to a 3 day music festival at a resort in new york. The 'trip' included a hotel room in an old mansion and a 3 day music pass. It was on the base of the berkshires and it was beautiful. Anyways.

Saturday morning *rolls* around after a hardcore first night of shrooms and e, still quite "funny", we find ourselves back in the hotel room. It was around noon and we were crushing some beers after the wonderful breakfast buffet.

Something about the food here was strange. It was great, but I noticed my trips to the bathroom had increased, almost triple the norm. My friend "kev" and I had just gotten done discussing how we were pooping nonstop.

It was at that moment with our hotel room door wide open we heard someones ass EXPLODE from the bathroom across the hall.

To this day, I never laughed harder or longer in my fucking life.

That poor bastard in the bathroom couldn't leave for a half an hour because we couldn't stop laughing. We were fucking ROARING.

I don't know why psychedelics make you laugh the way they do. I just know it's a great feeling, like no other.

^Damn right its a great feeling. It just builds and builds.....DPT has me in hysterics during the peak, in sheer pain with laughter, though 2C-I has rendered me utterly incapable of anything but teary chokes and gasps for air, simply because someone accidentally walked into someones knee. Wow- but it utterly killed me :D Though some of my laughing fits on cannabis rival the most intense fits of psychedelics, and salvia has me exploding with laughter usually.

Fucken good for the sould :)

Sometimes I laugh so long and hard I wake up with my face sore the next day. When I take a hit of acid as soon as it kicks in I have a huge smile across my face for the rest of the evening. When I first started taking shrooms when I was younger me and my friends would laugh uncontrollably for hours on end. Every time we would look at each other we would start crackin up. I remember gasping for air sometimes because I was laughing so hard. Good Times =D