• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Laughing gas to be banned in the Netherlands: What harm can it cause?

Absolutely ridiculous, when are we going to learn? How has drug control went in the past? Not very well. Now let's compare that success to different places loosening drug laws, whether it be decriminalizing a particular drug, legalizing a particular drug, or even decriminalizing drugs as whole, or even loosening legal penalties for drugs/a particular drug. There are many routes a nation can take to fight against substance abuse, tightening restrictions is not that. We have seen many states here in the United States do things such as decriminalizing marijuana, even some legalizing it, we have also seen some cities/states decriminalizing psychedelics. Here recently, Colorado legalized Psilocybin Mushrooms and a few other psychedelics as well I believe. Don't quote me on that, might just be shrooms. But still, we need to see more coutries/cities/states etc. making moves like these. A step closer to change ❤
Part of the problem is the for-profit prison system.

It creates incentives to create stricter laws that harm people of color and poor people disproportionately. If you are wealthy, you can buy your way out. That’s not justice

Part of the problem is the for-profit prison system.

It creates incentives to create stricter laws that harm people of color and poor people disproportionately. If you are wealthy, you can buy your way out. That’s not justice
Fully agreed, it is sick to make money out of a legal system but does the NL have a for-profit prison system as well? I alwyas thought this was sepcial to the US.