Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

I watched Zulu(1964). Despite the way it looks this film was surprisingly non-racist. Slow in the beginning but well worth watching. Four stars :)

AmorRoark said:
Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance

koyaanisqatsi.jpg

Excellent cinematography. Great score (Philip Glass). Terrible message. It's like, yeah, we made this film exposing the apocalyptic mixture of urban life & technology vs. nature. Yeeet.... we used all this really state of the art technology to make it and didn't make urban life (generally) seem all that terrible. Sure, NYC streets are going to look busy when we play it in SUPER DUPER FAST MOTION. Sorry, I really felt this film was a waste of my time.

i remember seeing this a couple of years ago. i rented it from a local library. :) didn't Coppola produce it or something?

Little Children

little-children-poster-0.jpg

i watched this solely based on my infatuation with Kate Winslet. and well i'd heard it was good. i loved the various messages. pratty good film. 8/10

About a Boy
AboutBoy.gif

I usually cannot stand Hugh Grant...but I absolutely adored this movie. Popped in the DVD Friday night before bed and I thoroughly enjoyed myself =D
Haven't read the book yet..but it's next on my list :)

AmorRoark said:
Neuromancer is great, obviously,..

you two aware that they're working on a neuromancer film at the moment with hayden christianson (star wars) in lead?

this is according to darkhorizons

I saw Enchanted with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey while I was on holidays. I thought it was going to be a major spoof of Disney, so it was a bit of a let down. But I was in the mood for fluff so it sufficed.

Mysterier said:
i remember seeing this a couple of years ago. i rented it from a local library. :) didn't Coppola produce it or something?

I think it won a Coppola related award but it wasn't directly associated with him.

mc - About a Boy is GREAT! Absolutely adorable film.
l2r - No, actually I didn't know about that. Gross. I really hate Hayden Christenson. :(

Last two I saw:

There Will Be Blood

There_will_be_blood.jpg

See this. See this. See this. I don't care if you have to travel a couple hours... see it. The cinematography (and just the pure desire to watch it as soon as possible) is reason enough to see it on the big screen. I was SURE that Javier Bardem would and deserved to win Best Actor but now I'm not sure. Believe the hype. This film really does show Daniel Day Lewis as one of the great actors of our time. PT Anderson's shots, direction, dialogue etc. do not disappoint either.

Glorious

L3665849.jpg

I had seen parts of Dress to Kill and I thought this was almost as hilarious. Eddie Izzard. <3 :)

Creep

B000BQ5J8G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This was on TV last night and as I'd only ever seen bits of it before I thought I'd sit down to watch it in it's entirety. Anyway, as ridiculous as it was I enjoyed it up to the point where the killer was revealed. During the first half your mind is conjuring up all these images of what's capable of creating all this carnage. Then when I finally saw that pathetic looking creature it just didn't live up to what I imagined :\

I love Franka Potente though, and as always she was great to watch. But why the hell didn't she break the glass on the fire alarm?!

18411418.jpg

Bless her <3

Been on a movie watching bender the past couple days...

The last few I saw were I Am Legend, Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (not really a movie but whatever) and Live Free Or Die Hard. Enjoyed them all. :)

Today, both Grindhouse flicks are on the agenda.

the 3.5 hour final cut of oliver stone's Alexander.

far superior to the original, which is did enjoy somewhat

haha @TALLY that movie has been on HBO all week

saw4-poster-big.jpg

was watching it last night, couldnt watch the whole thing though, theres this one part that just gets me everytime

I watched The Matthew Shepard Story on TV. And although it was actually made for TV, it wasn't bad. I was already familiar with this tragic story after watching The Laramie Project (which was a quite badly put together but had an excellent cast) so I pretty much knew what to expect. But overall it took me on quite an emotional journey and had me blubbering by the time it reached the final few scenes. A nice appearance from Stockard Channing also set it off a treat.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0267736/

RIP Matthew :(

charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-violet-9901083.jpg

ahhhh I just love this movie to bits. Popped in my DVD before bedtime and I slept feeling really content ;)=D

ladyinthesky said:
haha @TALLY that movie has been on HBO all week

LoL, and I think I have seen it almost every time. In fact I just watched it again....howYOUdoin!!