• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

you will love mean streets. deniro and pesci are KIDS in it! :D

Finder said:
In the book the seeds he ingested are described as only being dangerous during a certain point of the season and he happened to eat them when they are poisonous. I'm not sure how the movie depicts this because I have not seen it, but it was not a careless error. In fact, they say had he probably would have survived and made it out just fine had he not slowly starved to death because of that one mistake.

Honestly people, don't look if you don't want it spoiled 8o

You're right Finder, it's not berries. I just remembered him picking berries in a previous scene. He seems to have gotten mixed up with "Wild Potato Alaska Carrot" (edible) & "Wild Sweet Pea" - AKA Brown Bear's Wild Potato (inedible). He then double-checks this the next morning after he's eaten them. Perhaps it was his blind hunger that made him fuck up? I dunno, but he still came across as a bit of a cock through the whole movie & not the cool guy most have portrayed him as.

i, for one, appreciate the use of those tags. i have not clicked.
14.gif

george carlin.. "complaints and grievences" brilliant brialllliant stuff:D

Videodrome:

Debbie-Harry-Videodrome-325737.jpg

I've only seen it once before, and I thought it deserved another watch. I enjoyed it, but it brought back horrible memories of a terrible acid trip. :(

I also really enjoy/appreciate the amount of physical work that went into creating the effects for these type of movies. It still impresses me way more than CGI. Then again, I am a big fan of Ray Harryhausen and stop motion animation and all that type of stuff.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytp69fBh0J8

Then...Sixteen Candles:

16.gif

Can't beat a bit of 80's trash. :)

cabaret

loved it! liza minelli is fabulous in so many ways. never was a fan until seeing this

^I still haven't seen it.

My friend has it though, so we'll have to arrange a movie night. :)

i can't believe it took so long for me to see it either. i should give up my official fag hag membership card

it's one of my favourite musicals of all time.

the scene where the young nazi sings 'tomorrow belongs to me' is chilling.

the movie won a number of oscars - joel grey's was, in particular, well deserved.

alasdair

Once were Warriors - with three kiwis I live with. Tough stuff.

Excellent nonetheless.

RAN_MoviePoster.jpg

epic, beautiful, but i was very tired last night and found the plot difficult to follow.

^ This is the first time you've seen it!?! 8o I'm surprised. I thought you were a big Kurosawa fan?

I can see why the movie is difficult to follow. Before watching it Seth reminded me to really use the different colored flags and outfits to keep track of everything. That helped a lot.

steinanwine said:
No Country for Old Men.

This was pretty great, I enjoyed it a lot. I really like how the Coen Brothers tell a story. I'd give it a 9/10

Just saw this too. Great film.

AmorRoark said:
^ This is the first time you've seen it!?! 8o I'm surprised. I thought you were a big Kurosawa fan?

I can see why the movie is difficult to follow. Before watching it Seth reminded me to really use the different colored flags and outfits to keep track of everything. That helped a lot.

yeah i've had the big dvd collectors box with it and madadayo in it (along with a doco and various other little goodies) for years and i've just never gotten around to them.

i <3 the kurosawa stuff i have seen before like rashomon (my fave), seven samurai, yojimbo, hidden fortress and sanjuro. it's just that these films take energy and attention to really soak in so they're a rare treat.

^ Yeah, I agree about the energy.

My favorite is probably Seven Samurai.

I agree that Rashomon is brilliant. I love the flow of that film and the way it ends is perfect.

I found The Hidden Fortress a little slow unfortunately. Plus, I found Toshirō's character kind of annoying.

Yojimbo was pretty stellar too but I couldn't get into it as much as Seven Samurai, Rashomon and Ran.

Have you seen Kagemusha? If not you should put it on the list. :)

cool, will do. yeah i found hidden fortress pretty slow too. sanjuro is hard to follow too. i've started it twice (ages ago) and couldn't get into it. i think it's time for another try.