Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

Lord Of The Flies (1990)

on TV:

lord-of-the-flies-1990.jpg

I hadn't seen it in about 15 years, and I had memories of it being fairly decent. But boy, was I in for a surprise. The acting was absolutely terrible. And I had no sympathy for any of the characters as they were all so irritating.

that's how it was for me with "in the mouth of madness." i remembered it being intense and frighteningly eerie. then i watched it about a year ago (it wasn't THAT long ago i don't think... jesus) and it was wretched. SO cheesy. :D

jack black and mos def in "be kind, rewind" sorta funny sorta gay.... i expected a little more. a good dose of captain spalding in "house of 1000 corpses" leveled the night out pretty well though. then made it half way thru tromas "redneck zombies" will finish tonight:|

Eastern_promises_poster.jpg

Pretty great film, I'd give it a 8/10. I was expecting a bit more action and the ending was sort of anti-climactic but the acting was really great and it was a very good story. Viggo and Naomi are super hot together and I loved the naked fighting scene.

alasdairm said:
^ the bathhouse fight scene is incredible.

alasdair

Exactly! And I just knew that was coming (not the naked part) but the fight, really a great scene.

ryanlaughlin said:
^ that's a fact. i know everyone has different tastes... but it's hard for me to believe that ANYONE doesn't like the big lebowski. :D

as for me, i've seen this movie numerous times, but i threw it on again at around 5am this morning to watch as i dozed off, i ended up staying awake and watching it to the end again. i got to bed around 7am. what made it even cooler was that as the movie was wrapping up and joel (jim carey) was awaking... the sky in the film was becoming lighter at the same rate as the sky outside my window. it gave me a real essence of a new connection to a film that i otherwise know like the back of my hand. :)

eternalsunshinepubv.jpg
one of my favorite movies
i think every time i watch it, i catch something new about it

me and Swerz saw the most recent mummy
mummy3intpoterhr.thumbnail.jpg

i dont think that they should have made this 7 years after the last one came out. i was going in there with the thought that this was going to be a terrible movie after reading all the reviews but honestly i really enjoyed it.
it wasnt the greatest movie but it wasnt too bad.
i dont know what it is about him, but Jet Li is hot

The Juror

The_Juror.jpg

Watching it right now on TV and I've just realised that I've seen it before. A bit of a snoozefest, but I'll stick it out before going to bed.

ladyinthesky said:
one of my favorite movies
i think every time i watch it, i catch something new about it

i actually just said the SAME thing to someone i work with today! we were talking about movies and i recommended this (though she said she's seen it already), but i also mentioned "every time i watch it... i notice something new."

that also goes for shaun of the dead... which was the last movie i watched. it was on tv and every time (ie yesterday AND today) i have to watch it because i just can NEVER turn the channel. it's easily one of my favorites of all time. and just to keep to the theme of posting covers... :D

aaa.gif

"barbara... very good!"
"oh i'm sorry, i was miles away."

:D

^on comedy central
i was watching that early but not the whole thing because i hate watching movies that are edited and have commercials

same here, but i've seen it so many times, that even though they edit it... i know everything that happened during the cut out scenes and when they silence the curse words... i still hear them in my head. :)

it's one of the benefits of that movie being permanently ingrained in my head. =D

jaws_the_revenge.jpg

I actually watched all 4 today, for God knows what reason. I would like to charge the creators of the sequels with 3 counts of EPIC FAIL.

No Country for Old Men.

This was pretty great, I enjoyed it a lot. I really like how the Coen Brothers tell a story. I'd give it a 9/10

2oclockbeanfiend.2 said:
jaws_the_revenge.jpg

I actually watched all 4 today, for God knows what reason. I would like to charge the creators of the sequels with 3 counts of EPIC FAIL.
damn dawgy, thats alot of movie watchin. on some buttnumbathon type shit
23.gif

CletusVanDow said:
^I was kinda expecting a bit more after others had raved about it.

I find it hard to swallow (if you pardon the pun!), that an educated fellow like himself would eat poisonous berries leading to his ultimate demise, then look it up in a book - DOH! After all the shit he allegedly went through, he fucking deserved it IMO :\

In the book the seeds he ingested are described as only being dangerous during a certain point of the season and he happened to eat them when they are poisonous. I'm not sure how the movie depicts this because I have not seen it, but it was not a careless error. In fact, they say had he probably would have survived and made it out just fine had he not slowly starved to death because of that one mistake.

Rashamon and another Kurosawa on a double bill. Going to see The Hidden Fortress next week, see where Lucas got the plot for Star Wars.

Plus De Niro/Scorcese double feature of Mean Streets (never seen) and Taxi Driver (one of my top 10, never seen on big screen). And Godfather triple feature a few days later. Woot for the Riverside Studios!