• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

LADIES on BUPE, need help!!

I'm no help probably. but I'm on maintenance 8.6mg zubsolv (supposedly equivalent to 12mg suboxone) I lost my period before starting bupe due to anorexia but since I've been on it my weight has fluctuated a lot and I've been at a healthy weight for months, sometimes quite a few months, at a time and I never once got my period back but I DID start ovulating again. no period though. who knows why ...I always thought I just screwed myself totally up hormonally w/ my eating disorder but maybe the bupe plays a role even though my doctor swore it wouldn't do that.

Hey :)

My doctor swears its not the bupe too, but I don't believe him. How you doing with your eating disorder now? Good I hope xxx

No sweetie you're not doing bad at all. You too are doing amazingly, as I said before everyone is different and needs different dosages. I'm fed up of having to explain why I'm on 10mg, when the post isn't even about that. Doesn't matter what dose of sub's were on, were both off drugs and that's all that matters xoxo
Ou gosh me too! I normally put a disclaimer at the start of my posts now saying I don't wish to explain my dose again, I get so much crap for it! I have some good links explaining how some people just don't metabolise BUPE well, or too well, or whatever it is!

How are you feeling??

Ou gosh me too! I normally put a disclaimer at the start of my posts now saying I don't wish to explain my dose again, I get so much crap for it! I have some good links explaining how some people just don't metabolise BUPE well, or too well, or whatever it is!

How are you feeling??

Its a joke isn't it!! People need to pipe down a little. Im feeling OK, its morning here so just doing the school run, have my scan Thursday, so will let you know. I'm a little nervous now. Pains not so bad, but feeling shitty this morning as was a tablet short, so been 48hrs since my last dose, I'm looking forward to collecting a new weeks worth soon. How sad is that haha!

Hey there Opiatehell85. Please forgive me if I repeat anything, skimmed the thread the best I could (technically, I'm supposed to be working) Ok, I've been in the exact same place so I'll tell you what happened - after getting on the sub had awful stomach discomfort, felt "full" when I couldn't have been, 'gasy' crampy, and blocked. I was terrified - thought my liver was swollen, imagined all sorts of far worse scenarios than turned out to be the case. I needed to take a laxative and a stool softener - suboxone is an opiod and one of the most reported side effects is severe constipation. Opiates are known to cause constipation as well, but opiods are rumored to be even worse. I used dulcolax gentle women's over night laxative - and the dulcolax stool softening product too. I could actually see my tummy swollen, and as i said it was painful and frightening- but the laxative regimen did the trick. Took about 3 days to start clearing my system. I do recommend of course that you go to your appts, have the tests and scans,etc but your symptoms sound very much like mine. As for the periods it was also the same for me. I took about 200 mgs of Norco a day (it was a 6 yr habit - no one should initially ever take anything even close to that dose!!) My Opiate habit had been effecting my bodies glycemic dysregulation,. the way my body processed sugars (no diabetes and maybe 15 - 20 lbs over weight, but pretty healthy aside from the opiate habit) and it also started messing with my very regular menstrual cycle. Have you lost or gained a chunk of weight quickly while transitioning between the opiates and the sub? That could contribute to the irregularity. Did your periods get heavier before they became irregular /stopped? If so anemia could be a factor. I experienced a lot of traumatic situations, fear and depression while realizing I needed to get off the Norco and dealing with making that decision and carrying through with it. The trauma was what my detox doc believes caused my irregularites. My period stopped completely for over 6 months and came back here and there until I got on track again with healthy diet, especially making sure to have iron,calcium and vitamin C in my food choices and supplements, exercise and working through my depression. I got off of the subs about 4 years ago and everything is pretty normal again. When it comes time to wean off the subs always make sure you have your proper dose ready and on hand. It doesn't matter what that dose may be, how long you take it - none of that matters! That is a choice that is entirely up to you and your doctor and has nothing at all to do with what I am about to say! Subs can truly be life savers but do to an emergency financial situation and no insurance I ended up CT on the subs after about 9 months (and just for the record, my maintainence dose was 20 and it suited me just fine!;)) but quitting it CT was way worse than CT any opiate I'd ever been on! I mention this only because it's a feeling I'd never wish on anyone! I wish you all the very best with this, and try not to worry! Your symptoms can be attributed to the opiates and opiods. Safety first so please do have a check up - but I bet you're going to be fine and feeling better soon!

Last edited:
Hey there Opiatehell85. Please forgive me if I repeat anything, skimmed the thread the best I could (technically, I'm supposed to be working) Ok, I've been in the exact same place so I'll tell you what happened - after getting on the sub had awful stomach discomfort, felt "full" when I couldn't have been, 'gasy' crampy, and blocked. I was terrified - thought my liver was swollen, imagined all sorts of far worse scenarios than turned out to be the case. I needed to take a laxative and a stool softener - suboxone is an opiod and one of the most reported side effects is severe constipation. Opiates are known to cause constipation as well, but opiods are rumored to be even worse. I used dulcolax gentle women's over night laxative - and the dulcolax stool softening product too. I could actually see my tummy swollen, and as i said it was painful and frightening- but the laxative regimen did the trick. Took about 3 days to start clearing my system. I do recommend of course that you go to your appts, have the tests and scans,etc but your symptoms sound very much like mine. As for the periods it was also the same for me. I took about 200 mgs of Norco a day (it was a 6 yr habit - no one should initially ever take anything even close to that dose!!) My Opiate habit had been effecting my bodies glycemic dysregulation,. the way my body processed sugars (no diabetes and maybe 15 - 20 lbs over weight, but pretty healthy aside from the opiate habit) and it also started messing with my very regular menstrual cycle. Have you lost or gained a chunk of weight quickly while transitioning between the opiates and the sub? That could contribute to the irregularity. Did your periods get heavier before they became irregular /stopped? If so anemia could be a factor. I experienced a lot of traumatic situations, fear and depression while realizing I needed to get off the Norco and dealing with making that decision and carrying through with it. The trauma was what my detox doc believes caused my irregularites. My period stopped completely for over 6 months and came back here and there until I got on track again with healthy diet, especially making sure to have iron,calcium and vitamin C in my food choices and supplements, exercise and working through my depression. I got off of the subs about 4 years ago and everything is pretty normal again. When it comes time to wean off the subs always make sure you have your proper dose ready and on hand. It doesn't matter what that dose may be, how long you take it - none of that matters! That is a choice that is entirely up to you and your doctor and has nothing at all to do with what I am about to say! Subs can truly be life savers but do to an emergency financial situation and no insurance I ended up CT on the subs after about 9 months (and just for the record, my maintainence dose was 20 and it suited me just fine!;)) but quitting it CT was way worse than CT any opiate I'd ever been on! I mention this only because it's a feeling I'd never wish on anyone! I wish you all the very best with this, and try not to worry! Your symptoms can be attributed to the opiates and opiods. Safety first so please do have a check up - but I bet you're going to be fine and feeling better soon!

word of advice even if constipation is the problem -- DO NOT TAKE STIMULANT LAXATIVES (Dulcolax, generic max strength sennosides laxatives). this will only screw up your digestive system more and more and the side effects can be crippling. I suffer extremely severe chronic opioid constipation from the subs and I made it worse by initially relying on stimulant lax. my intestines have gotten more and more fucked up w/ all the different ways I've tried to make myself shit and now NOTHING works, not even movantik (naloxegol), that targeted opioid constipation med. as in, I've spent most of the last 6 months pretty much completely reliant on enemas and often those don't even work because my damn intestines are too paralyzed to get a week's worth of shit even close to where it has to exit. =(
try miralax and metamucil if you're constipated ...I had most luck w/ those before everything went totally (pardon the pun) to shit after taking a break from them (and on resumption they didn't work anymore).
and even if you're shitting regularly you might still be constipated because you may not be getting it all out at once and it's backing up over time.

Hey :)

My doctor swears its not the bupe too, but I don't believe him. How you doing with your eating disorder now? Good I hope xxx

thanks for being so kind as to ask. ehh it's so-so I guess. management, management management never a cure. I'm pretty damn miserable right now because I'm on the uptik of my annual-ish massive weight fluctuations ...after maintaining a BMI between 14-15 for like 8 months I got into a binge eating cycle of 8000-15000cal a day and now after like 3-4 months I've gained at least 25 if not 30lbs. I want to die. I hate everything about being this big, there is not one single upside. just steadfastly trying every day to get back control of my eating and impatiently waiting for something to "click." I know it will eventually, it always does.
ugh fuck me life is so shitty.

thanks for being so kind as to ask. ehh it's so-so I guess. management, management management never a cure. I'm pretty damn miserable right now because I'm on the uptik of my annual-ish massive weight fluctuations ...after maintaining a BMI between 14-15 for like 8 months I got into a binge eating cycle of 8000-15000cal a day and now after like 3-4 months I've gained at least 25 if not 30lbs. I want to die. I hate everything about being this big, there is not one single upside. just steadfastly trying every day to get back control of my eating and impatiently waiting for something to "click." I know it will eventually, it always does.
ugh fuck me life is so shitty.

Hey lovely,

I'm not a big expert in anorexia, but my best friends brother suffered with it for years and is finally over it and at a healthy weight. If he can do it then so can you.
I'm sure you look absolutely beautiful right now, I can find so many reasons for you to be 25lbs heavier than what u was of such a small bmi like that. Damn my bmi is like 29.5 so yours was half of that, things will get better I promise. I bet youre just as beautiful on the outside. If u ever need a chat, just message me. Never feel as though life is rubbish enough to have no one to help you. Big hugs sweetie.

word of advice even if constipation is the problem -- DO NOT TAKE STIMULANT LAXATIVES (Dulcolax, generic max strength sennosides laxatives). this will only screw up your digestive system more and more and the side effects can be crippling. I suffer extremely severe chronic opioid constipation from the subs and I made it worse by initially relying on stimulant lax. my intestines have gotten more and more fucked up w/ all the different ways I've tried to make myself shit and now NOTHING works, not even movantik (naloxegol), that targeted opioid constipation med. as in, I've spent most of the last 6 months pretty much completely reliant on enemas and often those don't even work because my damn intestines are too paralyzed to get a week's worth of shit even close to where it has to exit. =(
try miralax and metamucil if you're constipated ...I had most luck w/ those before everything went totally (pardon the pun) to shit after taking a break from them (and on resumption they didn't work anymore).
and even if you're shitting regularly you might still be constipated because you may not be getting it all out at once and it's backing up over time.

Good point tightlywound - I should have made a point to say that stimulant laxatives are not good for long term. My bad and TY for bringing it to my attention. I had wondered about the naloxegol because my mother has chronic opiate constipation and her MD just gave her a sample box of it. I'll pass the info on to her too - again, thank you! Miralax never worked for me unfortunately.
A couple of natural old home remedies that help are Aloe vera juice, slippery elm bark herbal capsules and fenugreek tea . Fenugreek tea seems to help with the tummy ache and bloatedness as well - also, buy a bag of carrots, slice them in half and into thin strips. Place on a sheet of foil,drizzle with olive oil. Seal them into the foil packet and bake at about 300 in the oven until they get really tender. Try snacking on this and eating as often as you can throughout the day.Sounds weird i know - and it's 50 / 50 - works for some and not for others. After cleansing snacking on this has kept me pretty regular.
I hope someof this may help! Health and happiness to you ladies!

If it is related to regularity, which im not sure it sounds like it is due to the other symptoms such as ammenhorhea (omg mental blank, I know how to spell that word, 3 hours sleep will do that!!). But I've had to be careful in that area all my life due to my eating disorders and abusing laxatives when I was younger and psyllium husk is what works for me. It takes a few days to kick in and you have to keep it up every day but it works well. It's one of the ingredients in Metamucil but the natural, unchanged product without the additives and price tag. I just have it in water or yoghurt. Also pears everyday.

Good luck with your test today x

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I dont think constipation is the problem, I'm not constipated at all, I haven't gained or lost weight and I'm not anemic either! I have a history of cervical lumps in the past but always been benign, I do suffer from depression but think that's down to being an addict. I had a scan yesterday so hopefully will have the results Monday. Oh gosh CT sounds terrible, im starting to reduce from next week so hopefully I won't have to go through ct. are you completely off them now?

yes, completely! It's weird but good! Boredom and depression still make me think fondly of opiates so I have a long way to go inside my head. So far I'm off though.Feels really good!

Just thought I'd drop my $0.02. I don't know anyone who would care enough about a stranger's dosing to bring it up in unrelated threads? There are tots of people on 10mg and much higher. I take a total of 16mg every day (2x8mg). I am considered a dual-use patient. I have chronic pain, awaiting a surgery to put rods in my back. I'm also prone to addictive behavior and was misusing my meds related to my back. Now, I feel A LOT more pain than I did when I was on Oxy 30IR', #180, and #120 Norco 10's. Plus several benzos always at my disposal. Now, no benzos on the regular. Just the Subutex. At least it's something. Addiction is a nasty bitch.