• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolivia Raids Huge Cocaine Lab

BBC News

7/6/2009

Drug enforcement officials have raided what they call the biggest cocaine laboratory ever found in Bolivia.

The facility, said to have the capacity to produce up to 100kg (220lb) each day, was discovered in a rural area of the department of Santa Cruz.

The government described the raid as the most important success against drug traffickers for a long time.

A senior Bolivian anti-narcotics officer, Oscar Nina, said five Colombians were arrested.

The factory is the fourth major facility of its kind to be discovered so far in 2009, Bolivian authorities say.

They say that in all cases a number of Colombian nationals were arrested, accused of working in association with local groups of Bolivian drugs traffickers.

Bolivian Interior Minister Alfredo Rada said it appeared the factories had been operating for about a year.

He accused US anti-narcotics agents of having failed to detect them.

Tension with US

Bolivia suspended the activities of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) within its borders in November 2008, after accusing US officials of conspiring against the left-wing government of President Evo Morales.

Last week. the US confirmed that it would cut trade benefits for Bolivia, and re-impose some import duties on Bolivian goods.

Washington alleged that senior Bolivian officials were encouraging the production of coca, the raw material that is used to make cocaine.

Bolivian President Evo Morales accused US President Barack Obama of slander and lies over the decision.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8137449.stm

Last week. the US confirmed that it would cut trade benefits for Bolivia, and re-impose some import duties on Bolivian goods.

Washington alleged that senior Bolivian officials were encouraging the production of coca, the raw material that is used to make cocaine.

Bolivian President Evo Morales accused US President Barack Obama of slander and lies over the decision.
gotta admit the dude had a lined up a good comeback pregame!

No. I'd say the repress in the u.k is as bad as it gets aside from sniffing rat poison maybe.

The reason I havent bothered in months now.

Coca (not processed into cocaine) has been used for centuries by people in the Andes mountains to alleviate the effects of altitude sickness and to give energy the same way we drink coffee. It's one thing for the US to complain about cocaine, but why the war on Coca??

Coca (not processed into cocaine) has been used for centuries by people in the Andes mountains to alleviate the effects of altitude sickness and to give energy the same way we drink coffee. It's one thing for the US to complain about cocaine, but why the war on Coca??

Evo Morales, President of Bolivia currently, is the former head of a coca grower's union in Bolivia- one of his campaign slogans was "Yes Coca, No Cocaine".

The article is right that his government has done a lot to empower the indigenous peoples of Bolivia to grow, market and consume Coca- as well as unionizing and standing up to Western bullying and the Cocaine manufacturers who are trying to steal and exploit this natural resource of the Andes.

So yes, top level Bolivian officials are directly involved with coca growing and supporting coca growing and consumption.

That is entirely different than what this article tries to hint at: that these officials are corrupt and taking money from cartels to aid or ignore their Cocaine operations. This is a lie. Obama promised a lot of things at the Americas conference a month or 2 ago, and now his government is going back on it. Shameful.

Lake County Detectives Raid 40th Meth Lab This Year In Hotel

Daily Commercial

07/24/2009

CLERMONT -- Another Lake County methamphetamine lab is no longer in business. Late Wednesday night, Lake County Sheriff's detectives busted one at the Palace Hotel.

Because of the toxic chemicals used, manufacture of meth is a dangerous and highly malodorous process. For that reason, labs are often set up in out-of-the-way locations. This one was in a hotel.

"It's unusual, but it's not terribly uncommon," said LCSO spokesman Sgt. John Herrell. "We've seen them before in hotels, but it is stranger than finding them in homes in rural areas and places like that."

Acting on information from the Clermont Police Department, Lake detectives responded just before midnight to the Palace Hotel, located at 20349 U.S. Highway 27 in Clermont, to investigate.

According to the police report, detectives made contact with Monika Lind Anderson, 31, of Clermont, in a room on the second floor and she gave them permission to search the room. Inside, they reportedly noticed a strong chemical smell and discovered a number of common items used in the production of meth. After entering the adjoining room, they also discovered Joseph Brent Wilson, 27, of Clermont, along with more manufacturing paraphernalia.

Both Wilson and Anderson were arrested and taken to the Lake County Detention Center. They were booked Thursday morning on charges of third-degree felony methamphetamine trafficking of more than 400 grams, second-degree felony manufacture of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. Wilson was also charged with first-degree felony burglary for entering the adjacent hotel room without permission from hotel management. Bonds for both were set in excess of $500,000.

After getting a search warrant, detectives also reported seizing finished methamphetamine product, muriatic acid, plastic tubing, aluminum foil, coffee filters, glass jars, a funnel and a hot plate, among other items.

This was the 40th meth lab taken down by the LCSO this year, an indication of the drug's prevalence and the Sheriff's Office's ability to track them down.

"It's definitely a record," Herrell said. "We've obviously shattered last year's total of 16 or 17 and we're not even through the year yet. Meth is becoming more and more common, so we're stepping up our efforts to quickly locate and dismantle the labs due to the dangers they pose to the community."

http://www.dailycommercial.com/072409Methlab

Report Of Baby's Sunburn Leads To Jasper Meth Lab

Chron.com

07/23/2009

An anonymous tip to Child Protective Services about a 9-month-old child having a severe sunburn led the Jasper Sheriff's Department to the discovery Wednesday of a methamphetamine lab just outside of Jasper.

Gary Clary, 45, of Jasper, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine at his home on FM 252. Additional charges and arrests are pending.

The infant was removed from the home by Child Protective Services, investigators said. The child's mother is pregnant.

“The adults had a choice of whether they wanted to be at a place that was making meth; this 9-month-old baby didn't,” Jasper County Sheriff Mitchel Newman said. “The baby that the mother is pregnant with doesn't have a say in where they are. We have to stand up for the children who do not have a voice.”

The Drug Enforcement Administration collected 120 grams of liquid meth. Lead investigator Robert Walker estimated the street value to be $12,000.

“This was a shaken method form of meth,” Chief Deputy Ralph Nichols said. “It is a new form of making methamphetamine and we have never seen it before.”

“We estimate that this residence was making between three to four batches of meth a day,” Nichols said.

According to incident reports, the sheriff's office visited a house on FM 252 in response to a report to Child Protective Services.

“When we walked up to the house we could smell the odor of meth,” Walker said. “We didn't even make it to the door before we could smell it.

“The grandmother walked out and denied that the mother and child were in the house,” Walker said. “I asked permission to search the house to make sure that the mother and child were not there. She turned around and said ‘No, I lied to you. She is in the house and so is the baby.'”

“When we went in the house the odor was stronger, so we asked her about it,” Walker said. “She showed us a cooking plate that had a little meth on it.”

According to Walker, Clary snuck out of the house through the back door and went into a wooded area.

Walker said that the department obtained a search warrant and went back in the house and collected an alleged meth lab.

“While Clary was outside he (allegedly) hid a bottle of liquid meth in a fallen tree.” Walker said.

Authorities believe that drugs were being sold from the residence.

“You can't be making that much meth and not selling it.” Newman said.

“There will be additional charges and arrests made.” Newman said. “CPS placed the baby with another family member and sent someone to that house to make sure it was a safe.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/breaking/6543881.html

This article has many errors in it that kinda make a difference between making sense and not. Anyways, where is this Jasper?

how does sunburn have anything to do with meth? i understand if a kids gettin beat or soething but i didnt really think that a kid having sun burn is a a CPS worthy thing but maybe i am wrong

how does sunburn have anything to do with meth? i understand if a kids gettin beat or soething but i didnt really think that a kid having sun burn is a a CPS worthy thing but maybe i am wrong

haha i know right? Where does the sunburn bit fit in.

maybe a chemical burn :( yuck

Hey whats this "new" form of meth they are talking about
Is it becvause they have never seen liquid meth, or are they talking about the way it was made?

haha i know right? Where does the sunburn bit fit in.

maybe a chemical burn :( yuck

Hey whats this "new" form of meth they are talking about
Is it becvause they have never seen liquid meth, or are they talking about the way it was made?

If it was a chemical burn, they would have specified. But a baby getting severe sunburn is considered child neglect.

When the CPS/cops went to the house to check on the tip concerning the baby being severely sunburnt, they stumbled on the meth lab.

It sounds like he had just finished a batch. by 'Liquid Meth' he probably means 'Honey'- post-reaction fluid of meth mixed with acetone, which, when dried, leaves crystals. About the method, it sounds like the cop is just out of the loop as far as meth goes.

If it was a chemical burn, they would have specified. But a baby getting severe sunburn is considered child neglect.

When the CPS/cops went to the house to check on the tip concerning the baby being severely sunburnt, they stumbled on the meth lab.

It sounds like he had just finished a batch. by 'Liquid Meth' he probably means 'Honey'- post-reaction fluid of meth mixed with acetone, which, when dried, leaves crystals. About the method, it sounds like the cop is just out of the loop as far as meth goes.

Ahhh I see I see.

there is a jasper in Oregon, Alberta and also Texas that I know of

probably more Jasper's out there

would be nice if they told us where exactly -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.