• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noxious fumes, you'd think these jackasses would be smart enough to make a fume cupboard or at least do shit in a sealed room. I mean noxious is an exaggeration though, I mean it's naptha8)

Oh my god, those kids... Seeming legal grey area, DIY online extractions, safe innocent curiosity and now their lives are, if not ruined, extremely derailed.

I think its completely idiotic to extract dmt in a dorm room. An off campus house is one thing, but the smell of the naptha is going to leak out and people are obv. going to think there is a chemical leak. Poor idiots. I feel bad as extracting a class 1 chemical must be a hefty sentence.

Thank God that they were caught!
They might have achieved enlightenment with that DMT!
Or they might have discovered suppressed childhood memories and dealt with them in a healthy way, avoiding years of therapy and pharmaceutical treatment, robbing the pharm. industry of their well-deserved riches!
Or they might have figured out a way to live based on their own internal sense of joy, rather than trying to "keep up with the Joneses", thereby removing 2-3 more people from the American Machine!
In any case, we have to protect them from these illegal chemicals because, well, they are illegal!

(vomiting sounds)

LSDMDMA&8914105 said:
uhh
im 99% sure georgetown is near DC
not washington state.

Well there is a Georgetown in Washington state. Though there might've been a university I hadn't heard of. Little mismentions like the difference between 'washington' and 'washington DC' are pretty annoying to me by now.

petroleum ether! yum yum! I hope they can't prove the dmt was extracted otherwise these kids will be fucked.

It's completely unsafe to extract DMT in a dorm room. (!)

I hate to see DMT receiving the negative press, but I'm glad that somebody put a stop to such an absurdly unsafe endeavor.

It's kind of ridiculous that the issue here is "zOMG DRUG LAB!!" and not "fucking idiots extracting with flammable solvents in a dorm room..."

Oh my god, those kids... Seeming legal grey area, DIY online extractions, safe innocent curiosity and now their lives are, if not ruined, extremely derailed.

extracting dmt is far from a legal gray area.

don't extract in dorm rooms kids.

Update

Students Named in Georgetown DMT Lab Arrest

The Metropolitan Police Department released the names of three individuals arrested in connection with a Georgetown University dorm-room drug lab.

Charles Smith and John Romano, both Georgetown University students, and John Perrone, a guest, were charged with manufacturing a controlled substance. Their ages and addresses have not been released.

The three men were arrested after an investigation into a Harbin Hall dorm room thought to have been used to produce methamphetamines -- a lab that, upon further investigation, was revealed to be used to produce DMT.

DMT is a hallucinogenic drug said to produce visions of alien encounters and light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel experiences.

The meth lab was discovered Saturday morning, according to a university spokeswoman.

D.C. Fire and Rescue said that they were called to Harbin Hall on the university campus at about 6:15 a.m. after security guards discovered a drug lab.

Harbin Hall was evacuated, but D.C. hazmat teams cleared the room and all students were allowed back in. University spokeswoman Julie Bataille said the meth lab was not active.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39809570

So I am really confused the news is informing the public that this was a DMT lab although University spokeswoman Julie Bataille said the meth lab was not active.
So is it a meth lab or a DMT lab??

"DMT lab"
and in all likelyhood these kids werent synthesizing DMT, they were just extracting from plants.

Poor bastards. It was a really bad idea to do an extract in a dorm room but kids do stupid things. Sadly for them, this shit has gone national so obviously their going to be kicked out of school and probably go to jail for a little while depending on their histories.

Im also a little pissed because its once again bad press for DMT.

It sounds like they are trying to make people think that there is no difference between DMT and Meth. To them a lab is a lab. Morons. Dimethyltramphetamine? That's the word they'd use.

I bet they'd never done this before otherwise they would have known. Sucks though, lives are totally ruined over something so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.