• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Krokodil, The Flesh-Eating Street Drug That Rots Skin From Inside-Out, In Illinois

Butalbital is not that strong but Fiorinal C 1/2 (with 30mg codeine)if you don't have too much of a tolerance (those pills were all I needed, but due to doctors refusing me the help I needed 90% of the time, I met the middle aged guy with the pharms who was selling along the way).

4-5 Fiorinal C 1/2 was amazing once upon a time.

I am curious about the basic ingredient one needs to make LSD, ergotamine tartrate, I wonder how difficult it is to be scripted that one. I know my friend's mom around year 1999 had a script for them. There is also methysergide...but that thing is so rare...I read on here that an american had to go visit a special pharmacist, well, with an old school title, an Apothecary ! to get some methysergide pills. I don't know if it was the same as a compound pharmacist but I think it's even rarer.

Those photos of those women look like people who have major health problems from IV drug use there was an episode of the show Drugs Inc. where they showed some guy in Puerto Rico who got that way from IV drug use.

I thought the same, you can catch a lot of nasty shit just by IV'ing, just need to be unlucky once. There's much much worse than cotton fever.

If you watch the documentary in Russia, it seems like the final product they're shooting up is liquid....and they're continually batching the shit all day long waiting for the next fix....Maybe that's half the problem right there...Maybe if you even just let the shit evaporate it would be better, IDK....Either way, I'm all set with it! There's no way the drug cartels would switch to Krokodil...There's more morphine than anything in opium poppies and it's easy enough to make..there's no point...It's a desperation drug, for the most part....It's the MDPV of opiates....

If they used pure chemicals instead of household products that contain the chemicals they need with adulterants added as well as using proper lab supplies and performing a filtration and wash on the final product they would be left with pure Desomorphine. The only thing they would have to worry about is running out veins due to the fact you have to shoot this stuff up many many times in a day instead of worrying about losing limbs and slabs of flesh.

Desomorphine is indeed a desperation drug. It's cheap. It gives a heroin like rush. And it gets an opiate addict right for a little bit.

In this article I found some of the most blatant wrong information ever

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eating-drug-krokodil-claimed-victims-US.html

"The autopsy on McGee showed he was positive for desomorphine, the active ingredient in codeine, but doctors also found morphine, methamphetamine, and amphetamine."

So now desomorphine is the active ingredient in codeine? Where they fuck do these people get their information? This is why I say DailyMail is shit and this whole thing seems like bullshit to the max.

I will assume the dubious honor of defending the Daily Mail here!

OK their writer fucked up that detail, but they seem to be the only news source that has been diligent enough to send reporters to each of these places to gather details. The DM is ostentatious tripe, but they have a lot of money to throw into investigative journalism. As readers, we are wise to scour their articles for facts.

Fact: an autopsy was conducted and desomorphine was detected.

^That is all I've been asking for.

I will assume the dubious honor of defending the Daily Mail here!

OK their writer fucked up that detail, but they seem to be the only news source that has been diligent enough to send reporters to each of these places to gather details. The DM is ostentatious tripe, but they have a lot of money to throw into investigative journalism. As readers, we are wise to scour their articles for facts.

Fact: an autopsy was conducted and desomorphine was detected.

^That is all I've been asking for.

They claim this guy died from desomorphine but it does not exactly say that the autopsy/toxicology report detected desomorphine.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eating-drug-krokodil-claimed-victims-US.html

everyone who says that krokodil isnt going to be around north america dont understand the desperation of some dope fiends. im in canada so OTC codeine is available everywhere and i can think of several people who ive used with (crack, heroin, oxy) who would go crazy for krokodil if i was cruel enough to look up a tek and teach them how to make it. i wouldnt do that, but that doesnt mean others wont... i dont think it would ever become a huge epidemic like in russia, but its certainly plausible to have krokodil pop up in isolated instances.

even in the usa where otc codeine isnt available, surely there must be a lot of tylenol 3's floating around and eventually "someone" will cook up a lil krok

They claim this guy died from desomorphine but it does not exactly say that the autopsy/toxicology report detected desomorphine.

It's the second mention of "autopsy" in the story. It says:

The autopsy on McGee showed he was positive for desomorphine, the active ingredient in codeine, but doctors also found morphine, methamphetamine, and amphetamine.

One can easily be tripped up by the "active ingredient" blunder, but that's likely the fault of the reporter, not the laboratory.

Thank you, neversickanymore. Very well stated & I couldn't agree more. What a sad situation... all the way around.

If only pharmaceutical quality heroin were legal and reasonably priced, people wouldn't be messing with this shit.

This whole Krokodil thing may be more influential than it seems. Even if this case was false alarm, the case of Krokodil has the opportunity to teach us something, if not new, then at least fresh.

The problem is that illicit drugs may be widely available, but they generally depend on drug dealers to get them into using populations. Krokodil isn't just a shitty drug made from OTC ingredients. Krokodil is different - it is what happens when drug addicted populations don't have dealers, or when dealers don't have drugs. It's not just about dealers selling new, potent, cheap 'heroin alternatives' or fake dope which is in fact heroin, it's about the fact that people, or at least, a certain number of people in a given population, are going to find a way to get high, even if it rots their limbs off, even if their dealer is in jail or rehab or just pissed off with them. This gives it an immediate market.

And here's the thing. I hate to say it on a public forum and simply invite ridicule and attack, but there are times within the last few weeks when, if someone offered me Krokodil, being open about what it was, I would have shot the damn stuff. Leaving the issue of how badly this reflects on me or whatever aside, because it doesn't matter; do you think you're dealing with a SANE society here? Okay, only hopeless crazy people would knowingly shoot this junk, but does your society have none of those? If they all start presenting to clinics with rotting flesh, would your society not have to respond in some way?

As to dealers making this stuff... well, sometimes dealers need to make money. Sometimes, some dealers need to or want to do pretty much anything to make money. Which is why I am gonna stop talking about that side of the subject.

As strange as it sounds, I wonder if Krokodil will ultimately save lives. It's hard to ignore symptoms as massively visual, as gut-wrenchingly visceral, as flesh rotting away, as tendons being exposed, as inside coming out. It has the potential to be that line. Krokodil has the potential to make the public realize that the "War on Drugs" isn't working, that if you take away the dealers and/or the supply, you're still left with people who are or desire to be, addicted to leaving the reality they exist in. That the only way to actually 'win' the war on drugs involves going after these people, directly, not just to the bad guys who sell drugs but to the people that we, our society, broke. Krokodil just might force a few people to face up to the reality, to see just the kind of corner current drug policy may ultimately back drug users into.

If only pharmaceutical quality heroin were legal and reasonably priced, people wouldn't be messing with this shit.

Herion is all over the area in Russia where Desomorphine is used. Its a matter of cost. I agree with the statement generally, but I think it is hard for us Westerners to even fathom the poverty that the residents of the region find themselves in. From what I understand, the people start on Heroin and tend to move towards Desomorphine when they are really down and out.

Also, Russians are not very kind when it comes to addicts.

Man, those Russians are well lucky; they're sat right on the Afghan border, where high grade dope floods into their back yard like floodwater. (And border control is lax - it's virtually an open door Thing is, heroin is expensive, even there, and those Russian krokodil addicts are dirt poor. They're not stupid, they're fucking desperate, and the only thing they can afford is caustic shit that will rot their bodies. When you're raging with withdrawal, harm reduction is only a secondary concern; (I knew some guy who was 24 hours into WDs and as there was only a single needle, he shared with a HIV-infected person) you want to stop that pain, and you'll do it any way you can. Course, now that otc codeine products are banned there, I bet there are some very sick, very desperate addicts there. I wouldn't want to be in there shoes.

^yep. Russian policy towards addiction is brutal, and it's that along with grinding poverty that's to blame for the krokodil problem. Go to a doctor for help with a heroin addiction there, and there's only one choice: cold turkey. There is no methadone,and there is no suboxone; if you can't afford heroin, you can either go cold turkey, or you can inject poison. I haven't met many addicts who would willingly go through heroin withdrawals if there was another option, no matter how dangerous.

IMHO there's no chance in hell a major krokodil epidemic will crop up in the UK, US, or any wealthy country where otc codeine can be acquired; krokodil is a drug of desperation, and we have far safer alternatives, although I'm sure some ambitious bedroom chemists will try cooking up the odd batch here and there - after all, desomorphine is 15X the strength of morphine...I'm sure that'll tempt quite a few people.

Last edited:
I would not even consider taking krock to avoid withdrawals.. christ if I was in that sorta shit.. totally hooked and living in some absolutely crushed place in russia... Idk hop the border and prentice off to some poppy grower, if thats not possible then fill a god damn abandoned warehouse with poppies, sorry but having been a full blown opiat addict I still say you have thrown in the towel and given up if you choose to and continue to do this krock.. pluss shit this is 2013 and Im sorry but to take a little time and figure out how to clean and purify this shit isn't that fucking hard... Most likely take two days tops to figure out a cheap and fast way to synthesize and clean this shit so they could use it without their fucking limbs rotting away to the point that bones are exposed. So although I feel for them I also think they are pretty pathetic in allot of ways. That and WoW the ruskies can be cold hearted.. some of those gangstas should make a deal with the methadone big pharma gangstas and make a little money of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, but these guys have zero chemistry training; they're pulling these homebake recipes from internet forums, and cooking it with whatever materials they can buy, as cheaply as possible. To cook some clean desomorphine would take more resources and know-how than these Ruskie guys have.

BTW they're saying krokodil withdrawals are far more severe than heroin, and can last for around 30 days; if the rush from krokodil is as powerful and short-lived as they're saying it is, I can kind of understand why they'd get trapped in the cycle of cooking and shooting the toxic shit. At least until they develop gangrene and their own flesh starts to rot...

I don't buy the length. They're probably counting PAWS, imho.

If I had the raw materials I might make a batch, clean it properly and snort some. I don't, though, so oh well. I doubt anyone has been making and selling this stuff for very long and the wounds they show don't happen overnight.

“If you want to kill yourself, this is the way to do it,” Singla said according to the Sun-Times.

Yeah, I mean who wouldn't want to suffer a slow and painful death, while watching their skin rot while "the smell of rotten flesh permeates the room" and their limbs fall off.