• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Krokodil, The Flesh-Eating Street Drug That Rots Skin From Inside-Out, In Illinois

In this article I found some of the most blatant wrong information ever

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-eating-drug-krokodil-claimed-victims-US.html

"The autopsy on McGee showed he was positive for desomorphine, the active ingredient in codeine, but doctors also found morphine, methamphetamine, and amphetamine."

So now desomorphine is the active ingredient in codeine? Where they fuck do these people get their information? This is why I say DailyMail is shit and this whole thing seems like bullshit to the max.

Yeah news special on the Chicago news at 10, early in the segment on this tonight. I thought the segment had a little Halloween flair and sensationalism to it. More users identified and spread out through the area since the article was published. They ended the segment (complete with crocodile user interviews) with "crocodile has been known to be sold as heroin".

Last edited:
Im calling bs on all of this in america. Ive seen the vice thing and yea its horrifying, however, in the us codeine isnt otc, and most ppl arent going to bother to try and do this. But if they did, and fucked it up, it would probably be so painful to inject and the high would suck. Idk...im just not convinced on this. There is plenty of needle play that could cause a nasty infection left untreated that could cause gangrene and sores like that. Either way i feel bad for the girls...one thing, maybe a medical prof can answer this...the pics looks like topical infection, when they say that the stuff rots you from the inside out, wouldnt their sores wounds ect be packed with surgical gauze and be excized to an outer margin or something? It looks like some kind of nasty staph infection tbh...like i said tho, could be, im just not sold.

If it is desomorphine, it's possible Russian immigrants are selling it as heroin in the US. Or something. It's definitely at least one of these two things:

1) Russians
2) Non-Russians

^ If not both

And, breaking the laws of logic is yet another reason to make it illegal / punish users more heavily.

If it is desomorphine, it's possible Russian immigrants are selling it as heroin in the US. Or something. It's definitely at least one of these two things:

1) Russians
2) Non-Russians
It is readily apparent, to even the most casual observer, that this statement is to complex for my diminutive comprehension. Legalize and compassionately regulate the use of drugs.

Last edited:
I'll give the Russians their due; they figured out a way to turn otc codeine pills into a drug 15× stronger than morphine...that's a tad more ambitious than a CWE codeine extraction, for sure. They don't seem too concerned with creating a purer, safer drug though. But then, I doubt these guys exactly have access to well-equipped laboratories, let alone the training to use them properly.

Btw, before the russian ban, was it pure codeine you could legally buy over there, or formulations with paracetamol, acteminorphan etc? Speaking of the ban, I wonder what happened to the Russian Krokodil addicts, now they can't get their drug, and many can't afford brown? If the WD from desomorphine is as agonising and protracted as it's reported to be, I think it's likely some of them could commit suicide. After all, there's no such thing as suboxone or methadone replacement therapy in Russia; addicts have no choice but to quit cold turkey, or so I've heard.

^ They were combination pills.

A lot of dodgy chemists in Russia will sell everything needed for the right price.

Yeah, in the documentary apparently the big pharma companies blocked the ban of those pills, because the profit margins were so large. The addicts were going in those chemists and buying the pills, the syringes, and some of the chemicals for creating the "krokodil"-and the chemists sold them with zero questions asked.

In the UK, the chemists could pass for police; go in there asking for gees linctus or codeine linctus for example, and they'll virtually interrogate you; it's quite likely they won't even sell you the stuff if they don't like the look of you. Compare that to Russia, and it's clear there was some kind of pharma agenda to sell the stuff over there.

You've never been able to buy pure dhc over the counter; you can buy it in a formulation with minuscule amounts-to get a buzz off it, you'd almost certainly have to take fatal amounts of paracetamol.

Strangely enough though you can a linctus which is pretty much pure codeine phosphate (20mgs per teaspoon). You can also legally buy a cough syrup with a solid 20 mgs of morphine per bottle, and one containing tincture of opium no less...I've always found that very strange, considering how uptight the NHS are about opiate drugs here. (Even chronic pain sufferers are more than likely to receive inadequate pain relief. For example, my mum has 3 slipped discs and severe sciatica; she gets 2 50 mg tramadol pills a day and some fucking ibuprofen).

If you watch the documentary in Russia, it seems like the final product they're shooting up is liquid....and they're continually batching the shit all day long waiting for the next fix....Maybe that's half the problem right there...Maybe if you even just let the shit evaporate it would be better, IDK....Either way, I'm all set with it! There's no way the drug cartels would switch to Krokodil...There's more morphine than anything in opium poppies and it's easy enough to make..there's no point...It's a desperation drug, for the most part....It's the MDPV of opiates....

You've never been able to buy pure dhc over the counter; you can buy it in a formulation with minuscule amounts-to get a buzz off it, you'd almost certainly have to take fatal amounts of paracetamol.

Strangely enough though you can a linctus which is pretty much pure codeine phosphate (20mgs per teaspoon). You can also legally buy a cough syrup with a solid 20 mgs of morphine per bottle, and one containing tincture of opium no less...I've always found that very strange, considering how uptight the NHS are about opiate drugs here. (Even chronic pain sufferers are more than likely to receive inadequate pain relief. For example, my mum has 3 slipped discs and severe sciatica; she gets 2 50 mg tramadol pills a day and some fucking ibuprofen).

I never said pure, I meant like our stuff here in canada to do a CWE on. People in scotland have told me they had the choice of co-codamol, tylenol/dhc, and opium linctus.

Yeah ive seen the doc too, they're careful not to show too much of the process, but it's clear they're not taking many precautions. Apparently, because the effects are so short lasting, the addicts will spend days just cooking then shooting, then cooking again until they run out of pills and chemicals. This really is a desperation drug. Who knows? If suboxone and methadone were readily available in Russia, it's probably quite likely this drug would never have become a problem in the first place. These "krokodil" addicts know exactly what this shit is doing to them; flesh eating gangrene is a fairly obvious sign the crap is doing them no favours; no sane person would choose to inject poison if there were a safer alternative. I honestly believe the cause of the Krokodil epidemic is Russia's treatment of addiction.

I never said pure, I meant like our stuff here in canada to do a CWE on. People in scotland have told me they had the choice of co-codamol, tylenol/dhc, and opium linctus.

Oh okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, you can buy that; it has a maximum of 8mg of codeine in. The branded dhc-containing pill is called Paramol. Buying enough to get a decent amount would be very, very expensive if you buy the branded shit (equivalent of around 7 or 8 USD for 16 pills), and branded is the only variety available. It would actually work out cheaper to buy a bag than try and get enough dhc.

It's the reason I would always get the codeine linctus; no need for extraction, 300mg per bottle, just dose and you're good to go. And yeah, the opium linctus is called Gee's linctus, I'm not sure how much active you get. It's funny, until I heard about this I though opium wasn't used in medicine at all anymore; I always figured it had been obsolete for ages.

Man when i was in irl, they had the old kind of nurofen plus where you could pop the tabs apart (thanks bl for giving me a heads up on that one before i left!) Not a bad option when all i could get was copious amounts of booze.

I never even knew about that. Guess it's too late now though anyway.(besides I'm on a blocker so it's moot). Anyway, it's nurofen; I would never in my life buy branded pills- they cost around 90% more than generic, on average sometimes even more, for exactly the same drug. I think it's disgraceful how grasping the pharmaceutical companies are; and they are constantly trying to block generic drugs reaching the market. In some cases we're talking about life-saving drugs that terminally people go broke trying to buy.

Yeah ive seen the doc too, they're careful not to show too much of the process, but it's clear they're not taking many precautions. Apparently, because the effects are so short lasting, the addicts will spend days just cooking then shooting, then cooking again until they run out of pills and chemicals. This really is a desperation drug. Who knows? If suboxone and methadone were readily available in Russia, it's probably quite likely this drug would never have become a problem in the first place. These "krokodil" addicts know exactly what this shit is doing to them; flesh eating gangrene is a fairly obvious sign the crap is doing them no favours; no sane person would choose to inject poison if there were a safer alternative. I honestly believe the cause of the Krokodil epidemic is Russia's treatment of addiction.

Yep, even a somewhat Russophile like me finds this pretty retarded...although...I have detoxed myself with CWE'd codeine pills before...sometimes I think they keep them around .ca just for that and to save $ for the government. Literally bought 10 bottles of 100 tylenol 1's and prepared a lot of CWE'd doses and took that for a week in diminishing doses....after the last 140mg or so of codeine, I didn't touch opiates for a year.

Man when i was in irl, they had the old kind of nurofen plus where you could pop the tabs apart (thanks bl for giving me a heads up on that one before i left!) Not a bad option when all i could get was copious amounts of booze.

This aussie chick who is otherwise straight as hell and a chemical forensics student gets those nurofen+ with 12.5mg of codeine and ibuprofen. She would just pop out the codeine parts and take the whole box this way, and maybe have one real 220mg of ibuprofen on top for good measure when she head her killer migraines. Said nothing worked better, tried the triptans etc. One more bullet for us who know that some of us do indeed prefer opiates (or opiate compound pills...mmm Fiorinal) for murdering head pain.

I never even knew about that. Guess it's too late now though anyway.(besides I'm on a blocker so it's moot). Anyway, it's nurofen; I would never in my life buy branded pills- they cost around 90% more than generic, on average sometimes even more, for exactly the same drug. I think it's disgraceful how grasping the pharmaceutical companies are; and they are constantly trying to block generic drugs reaching the market. In some cases we're talking about life-saving drugs that terminally people go broke trying to buy.

Here in Canada they must hate the laws. But they still manage to fuck people, even people with insurance. My mom after being burnt out from overworking and worrying due to my shithead lazy of a stepdad who since he lost his business in 2010 has been leeching off her (and me for that matter, I live here with her due to her needing someone to pay bills) and she was scripted..of course...the only antidepressant with no generic in Canada, Cymbalta. It came out really recently here, I'm glad it actually worked on my mom (at some horse dosage of 90mg...gonna be hell for her to get off it I'm sure...she's going for 60mg next time she meets her doc). And usually a functionary like her has what is considered good insurance...because almost all meds are generic or if not, they are still way less expensive than in the US. Paying up front and being given back 80% 2-3 weeks later for a script of 25 fiorinals (something like 20 dollars) isn't that bad, but her needing to pay over 200 dollars for the Cymbalta pisses me off. If she would just be scripted benzos for her anxiety and a weak opiate for her pains instead, she wouldn't be broke right after buying those goddamn pills.

/rant :\

Last edited:
Hah, what i wouldnt give for a few fiorinol right now actually. Had a mild headache past 2 days ended up blossiming into a mini migraine. Fun. Sitting here now about 2+hrs after a second round of 400mgs ibuprofin and 1 50mg immitrex. I get the 100s so half. Chest feels weird, heads is ehhh, def not sleepy. What i wouldnt give to be sedated by some barbs.