• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

I wish i could buy...customs check carefully...It would be great for many, if it was legal like in some states.To have free quality kratom,when you needed is wonderful.

Depends heavily on the strain, and your tolerance. More potent strains like Maeng Da are less likely to induce dysphoria, but when you have opi tolerance, you won't really feel Kratom besides that it suppresses withdrawal.

So it's good for diabetics? Interesting. Didn't know that.
I wouldn't replace it with insulin or insulin mimetics like alpha lipoic acid but something to keep in mind if your feel a bit dizzy and that low blood sugar feeling.

I guess that helps explain why I crave dark chocolate every time I take a dose. A little sugar helps a ton with mild kratom nausea...

I wish i could buy...customs check carefully...It would be great for many, if it was legal like in some states.To have free quality kratom,when you needed is wonderful.
Isn't kratom legal in the states, not FDA approved but also not regulated? I thought only Thailand (before, they legalized recently) and fucking German speaking area (CH, DE, AT) which make the world leader in banning substances, had banned it.

Well the dysphoria was a thing of the wrong strains and too low doses - I somehow feared overdose maybe because I read that it's supposed to be 'like too much caffeine' (this person very probably didn't have real Kratom) and dysphoric etc but I get dysphoria when dosed at just a few grams, while 10+g of red or 15+g of gold kratom are just beautiful. It's not morphine but easily matches or surpasses low dosages of that because kratom doesn't interfere with everyday activities and it seems like it's possibly more sustainable. Morphine and methadone turn fast into depressives which left me feeling high and stupid/sad, stupid while kratom is slightly activating, doesn't constrict the pupils or constipate and this also means there is less physical stuff on withdrawal, hopefully. There will be something, I know it, when I skip two days I begin to feel like shit of course, yet less intense than when skipping morphine, and it might be worth the trade. Since I regularly dose kratom my usual mood swings disappeared completely as well as did my tachycardia, and it seems to stay this way, something only morphine could do before but there I traded it for depression.

Wondering how much of kratoms effects is really opioid mediated, and if it possibly agonizes delta as well? My very first dose of kratom some months ago when I was still on morphine (but skipped that day), must have been like 10g, sent me straight into bed for 4+ hours so cross tolerance isn't complete. Kratom also takes pregabalin withdrawal away which makes sense as it's a putative calcium channel antagonist - in fact it is more like what pregabalin promises but couldn't deliver than like an opioid.

I don't get any low sugar effects or hunger from it, thankfully, but I already eat a ton of fruits (sometimes more than a kilo per day) for not to eat stuff which will do worse to my shape, was lean all the time but morphine seriously fucked me, testosterone low and prolactin 4x the maximum - yes, I have slight tits now, and I hate it. Wonder what kratom does here, I read that it's less bad than full agonists but it takes the remaining of my libido, I don't miss it but if I'd have to bet I'd say it still suppresses T..

Still, I'm positively surprised by kratom so far, it seems to deliver more than morphine did for me and that when I had serious tolerance (600mg/d pharma grade morphine).

Last edited:
Tried different types...only one- some red thai was labeled gaves me bad jitterings and was garbage for me.Always prefered some dark green coloured powders,which were labeled as Red Borneo&Green Malay.Same vendor.There is some variation in potency between the batches,but was ok.Two-three times purchased leafes,not powder and was better....drink a bitter tea

Tried different types...only one- some red thai was labeled gaves me bad jitterings and was garbage for me.Always prefered some dark green coloured powders,which were labeled as Red Borneo&Green Malay.Same vendor.There is some variation in potency between the batches,but was ok.Two-three times purchased leafes,not powder and was better....drink a bitter tea
My favorit's to. My first trial was with leaves which worked better as expected, as so it seemed. Then the micronized powder. I used later on i dosed at about 2/ 3 grams a few times a day.

It is forgiving in its addiction and as at least for some has an maximum daily dose. A ceiling, after that its just nassuea and/ or feeling fatique. Getting of was eassier then GHB or Alcohol for sure. I had no other addiction's that I can make an comparison to.

The side effect's weren't annoying either for the first time a normal stool. And no effects on libido besides that my ex just wasn't the type for making out. But she took Tramadol.

I usually take 2 to 3 teaspoons of kratom a day and do a toss and wash. Its the most effective for me. I took a dose this morning and started to feel nauseated, dizzy and watery jowels as if I was going to hurl. Is this a sign of too much? Any suggestions or tips?
Yes, it's called "the wobbles". I try to eat something and take even a quick 20 minute nap and find it helps. Also there are potentiators like grapefruit juice or turmeric that can make your dose stronger.