• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

xaddictx

Bluelighter
I usually take 2 to 3 teaspoons of kratom a day and do a toss and wash. Its the most effective for me. I took a dose this morning and started to feel nauseated, dizzy and watery jowels as if I was going to hurl. Is this a sign of too much? Any suggestions or tips?

I usually take 2 to 3 teaspoons of kratom a day and do a toss and wash. Its the most effective for me. I took a dose this morning and started to feel nauseated, dizzy and watery jowels as if I was going to hurl. Is this a sign of too much? Any suggestions or tips?
Was this from a new batch, or one of known potency?

Are all the strains causing nausea?
I have experienced this a couple times but rarely. My dosages are low (1.5g) and spaced out to every four hours or so but have felt this by jumping to a red at same dose once. No issues after, though.
I have felt nausea as well when dosing too often or too much at once.
Could be that opioid substance in the leaf causing this...? Once it felt like it with the warmth and all. IDK
lol

Are all the strains causing nausea?
I have experienced this a couple times but rarely. My dosages are low (1.5g) and spaced out to every four hours or so but have felt this by jumping to a red at same dose once. No issues after, though.
I have felt nausea as well when dosing too often or too much at once.
Could be that opioid substance in the leaf causing this...? Once it felt like it with the warmth and all. IDK
lol
Combination of both maybe. Red strain and probably overdid it on the red. I went thru the day without any today. About 20 mins ago I took 4 caps of the red and feel fine. Weird. I also bought caps that are infused with CBD. Pretty good.

It just happens sometimes. Usually for me when it happens it's the first dose of the day. That morning dose is always rough compared to re-doses. Sometimes kratom will make me gag and I'll throw up a mostly dry pile of leaf. It's just the bodies nature reaction to eating things that aren't good for us.

I just took about 3g in severe fentanyl analogue withdrawal and I feel normal rightnow.. this is the first time I’ve ever gotten relief from kratom (red vein) I’m wondering why I’ve never gotten much or any relief the other 2 times I tried it; weird but I’m not complaining

in severe fentanyl analogue withdrawal
The success of this dosing may be explained by the state of levels of fent in the system. What I mean is; fent is a lot stronger than kratom as an "opioid" so if there is fent attached to the receptors I doubt kratom would have any noticeable effects. Now, strip the fent from the receptors and kratom has a chance to grab hold and offer up some very sweet subtle relief.
Just words from the life of an ass-clown. ;)
Glad it's workin' for ya, bud. May be a life saver but to just not have those cravings is a godsend, no?
Keep it posted?
Later

6am thanks for response yeah these analogues like U47700 don’t even have fucking names yet lol they all have reallllly short half lives so I think since I waited 24 hours ( complete hell) actually made all the difference.. no profuse sweating, no running to the toilet no throwing up straight bile.. dude I’m just happy to not be in agony! Thanks and Stay safe 6

I get it from a reputable vender. And quality is second to none. Red strains and green strains also. It may be because I'm taking too much...dunno
Sound's like you overdid it. Does it diss -appear if you lie down flat face forward? Motionless.

Btw tosh and wash or boiled water.(as Kratom refuses to form a solution with cold water) Immediately cooled down by adding cold water worked equally effective ime. But i preferred the tea, this also prevent the occasional green burp you get when a tosh n wash goes wrong.

Invest in a simple manual scale that is able to measure grams. They cost so little no excuse purchasing one.

Last edited:
Sound's like you overdid it. Does it diss -appear if you lie down flat face forward? Motionless.

Btw tosh and wash or boiled water.(as Kratom refuses to form a solution with cold water) Immediately cooled down by adding cold water worked equally effective ime. But i preferred the tea, this also prevent the occasional green burp you get when a tosh n wash goes wrong.

Invest in a simple manual scale that is able to measure grams. They cost so little no excuse purchasing one.
Yea your probably right about overdoing it. Typical symptoms of too much kratom. Narrowed it down a bit and I have no problems. Usually toss and wash it with warm water.

It may sound weird but I mix mine 2 teaspoons of powder and 4 to 5 ounces of lipton green tea citrus in a larger bottle, shake it like hell and wait a minute for the foam to go down then kill it. That's one of the very few things I've found that doesn't make me nauseous. Especially on a 40 to 50 gram a day habit

40 to 50 gram a day habit
Hey, welcome to blueligh. Cangrats in getting off subs. Great job.
Be careful I have heard that dropping high doses of kratom can lead to some serious withdrawals if dropped suddenly. If it comes to getting off kratom... tapering down relatively quickly should stave off any life changing or interrupting withdrawals.
How long ya been in the "dope game"?
Be safe and see ya about.
Peace

I was using kratom during the last months on and off, I was on morphine before but off that for 6 months now so tolerance should be down. But kratom does next to nothing besides a little calmness and some dysphoria - almost independent of the dosage, 2.5g+ give threshold effects while with 5-7.5g a ceiling appears to be reached. I did at least 20g if not 25+g in one day and got nothing more than with 5g.

For kratom withdrawal one might use pregabalin I guess. Can't tell whether pregab is cross-tolerant and would only prolong withdrawal but my hunch is that it might work.

When I was abusing it I'd typically take a dose big enough to make me fall asleep for a few hours and then I would wake up and throw up a couple times slightly violently.

I did it again and again knowing that I would be sick. It's a sign you have an addiction.

I was using kratom during the last months on and off, I was on morphine before but off that for 6 months now so tolerance should be down. But kratom does next to nothing besides a little calmness and some dysphoria - almost independent of the dosage, 2.5g+ give threshold effects while with 5-7.5g a ceiling appears to be reached. I did at least 20g if not 25+g in one day and got nothing more than with 5g.

For kratom withdrawal one might use pregabalin I guess. Can't tell whether pregab is cross-tolerant and would only prolong withdrawal but my hunch is that it might work.
“Dysphoria”? So it’s uncomfortable?

Kratom is known to lower blood sugar . Moreover I would think you may need to eat food with it or it may have been too much on an empty stomach.

“Dysphoria”? So it’s uncomfortable?
Depends heavily on the strain, and your tolerance. More potent strains like Maeng Da are less likely to induce dysphoria, but when you have opi tolerance, you won't really feel Kratom besides that it suppresses withdrawal.

Kratom is known to lower blood sugar . Moreover I would think you may need to eat food with it or it may have been too much on an empty stomach.
So it's good for diabetics? Interesting. Didn't know that.

So it's good for diabetics? Interesting. Didn't know that.
I didn't know that either, it looks like it may help from a few in vitro tests but I don't think they have confirmed it in vivo:

"As we discussed earlier, Kratom extracts contain high amounts of mitragynine and other alkaloids. Scientists have found that these alkaloid compounds mimic the action of insulin and improve the body’s insulin sensitivity. As a result, the body’s blood glucose reaches optimum levels.

This data can be validated by a few In Vitro tests conducted to study the effects of Kratom on how glucose is transported in human beings. The studies concluded that Kratom boosts the glucose uptake in the cells, thereby reducing the body’s sugar levels.

Apart from regulating the blood glucose level, Kratom also helps in managing other symptoms of Diabetes. It helps to suppress increased food cravings and hunger."

kratom can also lower blood pressure, however it's probably not good as a antihypertensive because as soon as you stop taking it your blood pressure goes back up

however it does sound a bit sketchy using it for diabetes since it's also addictive, right? dunno