• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom vitamin content?

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
I had some bloodwork recently done after suffering from a mild, but persistent set of symptoms (especially inexplicable was a terrible softness of my finger nails) that were, as far as I could tell, unrelated to any of my pharmaceutical medications. Blood work reveals that I have a very high level of Vitamin A of all things. Nothing in my diet contains anything near enough Vitamin A to cause my level to be so high. The nurse didn't say what it the actual level was, but noted it was more than three standard deviations above normal for someone with my build.

The only things that I can think of that could caused this are my kratom ingestion and my recently begun ashwagandha (800mg root bark 1x daily). I feel like the kratom is the most likely culprit. Anyway, has anyone seen a legit analysis of the nutritional content of average kratom. Have any other heavy kratom users experienced this?

Always get a copy of blood work, vitamin a reference ranges aren't really "build" dependent.

Kratom does have a good deal of vitamins but has in particular, a large amount of fiber, not surprisingly. An average katom user probably consumes something like 30-40g of it per day -- that is alot of plant material (most of which is insoluble fiber). Its like grabbing a handful of leaves off a tree and eating them.

Unlikely to result in hypervitaminosis of any sort, vitamin a or otherwise. We are unable to provide an interpretation constituting medical advice but was everything else normal in your bloodwork (in particular white blood cell count, liver function etc).

30-40g... Its like grabbing a handful of leaves off a tree and eating them.
quite a few handfuls if imagination serves me. :unsure: unless on uses a hulk-hand.
anyway... made me curious enough to do a search and my first find was this:
5bKy1HG.png

not to be considered truth by any means as it came from the interwebz.
i do love the fiber it provides as i do not always eat "well".

the search reveals mostly the same offered in the pic.
got me on a roll to try and debunk this info now ffs. lol

the search reveals mostly the same offered in the pic.
got me on a roll to try and debunk this info now ffs. lol
I'm actually fairly interested in this. I've been taking at least 30g per day for like 10 years now. I've always been concerned what it's doing to my body, because like @negrogesic mentioned, that's quite a lot of alkaloid filled plant material over time. Shit, I've probably eaten 100lbs of this stuff over the years.

I really can't seem to identify any serious issues that the kratom has ever given me, but I could be overlooking them. I'm fairly healthy, physically at least.

life has taught me that everything has a cycle. kratom is king in my life these days at ~10g a day and havent noticed anything "bad" after almost four years of daily use (stopped a few times for like a month). nothing is all good so kinda on a mission to find the downside of this product (whatever is posted, anyway).
i was supposed to get a blood test today but ate cereal before leaving and they wanted a fasting draw. i cannot eat all this steroid on an empty stomach so will reschedule. will come back and post any findings. nothing to compare it to as it will be the first blooding in about 20 yrs or more.
yeah... gotta be a "negative" to kratom nothing is all good. i hate to do it but gotta. :rolleyes:
ok bro we out for a sec

yeah... gotta be a "negative" to kratom nothing is all good. i hate to do it but gotta. :rolleyes:
yeah, it's got me dependent as hell on it

you can find quite a few kratom + alcohol liver damage reports, which has me very concerned, but I had my liver checked a year ago or so and it's apparently fine, but the doctor was a dick and not helpful

the doctor was a dick and not helpful
Doctors are not what they were 20-30 years ago. I call 'em youtube doctors. They never touch you anymore or even look inside cranial cavities. I tell him I have excess mucus in the AMs and without even peeping up my nose (which I feel may reveal something), he prescribes some nasal mist that has steroidal properties. What's it treating? lol jokes indeed. Shoulda asked him for xanax. :cautious:
kratom + alcohol liver damage reports
I read the same when I started kratom. I felt like fuck it if I dont have to chase opioids maybe it is worth the gamble. Of course opioids will be my preferred method of leaving ultimately.
If kratom does have all these "supplements", we should be super-human, no? It certainly makes my days more productive and with minimal issues that may arise from my cantankerous ass. Too much of anything is "bad" but what harms can also heal (this just an opinion).
hypervitaminosis
Had to look that up.
This has become a chase for more info into this. Hope it doesnt become a rabbit hole but if so it isn't unknown territory so wth, right?
When I do get a blood draw I wonder if I can ask to check for specific data. And what to ask for. Any ideas?
in particular white blood cell count, liver function etc
This is a good start I reckon so will build on this. Thanks.
Damn, it has already got that overwhelming feeling of serious research. haha

I have also always wondered about this, i've been addicted to kratom for 5 years now. I don't have much to add other then I can't drink any decent quantities of alcohol anymore because it gives me brutal headaches and hangovers.

I'm actually fairly interested in this. I've been taking at least 30g per day for like 10 years now. I've always been concerned what it's doing to my body, because like @negrogesic mentioned, that's quite a lot of alkaloid filled plant material over time. Shit, I've probably eaten 100lbs of this stuff over the years.

I really can't seem to identify any serious issues that the kratom has ever given me, but I could be overlooking them. I'm fairly healthy, physically at least.

30g/day per year x 10 would be more than 100lb. To simply the math lets call it 33g a day for 333 days which would be about 11,000 grams, or 110 kilograms

I've probably eaten 10-15 kilos of it over the years, never been a big fan but it is tremendously useful. Years ago i thought kratom was as useless as something like leonotis leonurus (dagga), but this was because my opioid tolerance was too high to feel anything other than the edgy yohimbine-like side-effects that kratom has. Nowadays, ever since beating heavy opioid addiction, i find myself getting hooked on kratom a few times a year, and quitting it is pretty easy.

After a week or so i only get negative side-effects from kratom, and the anti-dopaminergic properties seem to become more apparent. More dysphoria, more nausea, etc.

After a week or so i only get negative side-effects from kratom, and the anti-dopaminergic properties seem to become more apparent. More dysphoria, more nausea, etc.
Interesting. The only dysphoria I've ever experienced from kratom is in acute overdose, and I always attributed that dysphoria to the dizziness and nausea. Maybe I'm misattributing here.

I kinda need to be on APs, however, not d2 APs. I only benefit from their serotonergic limiting effects.

Im curious to see the numbers for those 2 receptor sites. Is it mitragynine or one of the other alkaloids?

Last edited:
I get near constant dysphoria from kratom, it's like i'm living in a completely new world when I kick it, but unfortunately i've been failing at that as of late.

I had no idea kratom made people dysphoric like that. Maybe that's why some people I've given it to hated it so much. I assumed they were just comparing it to real opioids and didn't like it for that reason.

Personally kratom is an amazing antidepressant for me (as long as I'm taking it, obviously, dependence). However, even when I'm done dosing for the day and the high fades, I feel fine until withdrawals kick in about 12-24hrs later

How can you become addicted to something that makes you feel dysphoric?
Valid question, but to me it's not that weird.

I absolutely hate alcohol and it makes me feel like shit both during and after, yet I still drink.

Cannabis gives me horrible anxiety, thought loops and exacerbates my mental illness, but I still smoke every day.

Certain benzos make me incredibly depressed and manic, but I can't stop taking them.

Sometimes it's more about solving problem 1, and then just dealing with problem 2 that arises. The logic of the druggy brain. Speaking for myself here, of course.

I guess, /shrug

It didn't at first make me dysphoric, it gave me fantastic muscle relaxant and opiate like effects. But over the years as my tolerance ratcheted up it started to become less effective and then continually more dysphoric.

At this point it almost exclusively serves to keep me out of withdrawals, and sometimes I forget that it is the cause of some of my negative feelings. Almost makes me feel like i'm going insane, at this point i'll either get off of it or get out of it.

I am addicted to kratom right now and have spent probably about 6 years of my life in total addicted to it. The first couple of years were fantastic, I loved it. Nowadays, after so many years of dependence (and also a few years of stronger "real" opiates), it just gives me a mild high with slight, again, very mild euphoria. And then I get withdrawals, it happens SO fast. And then I ratchet up my dosage until I'm doing 30-40 grams per day or more. At that point (the point I'm at right now), I am just trying to not feel like my skeleton is crawling out of my body. There is very little in the way of positive effects. But it's so incredibly available, half the gas stations around here have it right in my face. And whenever I quit, even though my life feels so much better and more manageable, my brain manages to convince me that it will be worth it and I will be able to moderate my use. And then as soon as I do it 2 days in a row, I start getting withdrawals. Currently I'm waking up in the morning with full-body restlessness and eyes and nose like a faucet, full of anxiety. I hate it but it's so hard to get off at this point.

I remember the early days... I loved it so much, I used to get really good, strong highs from it, very euphoric. I'd make the traditional tea with crushed leaf, which seems to let you take more before the dizziness and weird side effects start, and do 12-18 grams at a time, and get high as fuck.

How can you become addicted to something that makes you feel dysphoric?

Pretty easily. It happens because the dysphoria you'll experience from stopping it exceeds the dysphoria from taking it. So you just sort of continue with the misery.

I'm in the process of quiting it again, I've been off for 4 days.

The longest lasting effect of kratom withdrawal is most definitely seems to be depression. And lack of appetite, which is probably related. The other symptoms end in 5 days, but depression and poor appetite seem like they last double that.