• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom/tramadol question

Got the technique sorted out powder in cup add water swish round in swallowable liquid and toss back with a oj chaser followed by a swish of water.over and done in 5seconds.

Today I took 50mg of tramadol and 11g of kratom.the mild jitteryness
I had yesterday was nothing compared to the Parkinson like jitteryness I got today that lasted 3hrs.high dose kratom is no better for me than tramadol so I'm not going to make it a habit.it has all the unpleasantness tramadol can have and even without the tramadol overpowering it like yesterday the euphoria is ok but it's not
great.the jitteryness made it as unpleasant as high dose tramadol which I also avoid.the difference between 8g and 11g is phenomenal though.15g would be too much.i think it'll be designated to the back of the cupboard with the thebaine rich poppy seeds.

I'm a long time and heavy kratom user. I never found tramadol to synergize well with kratom. Tramadol requires conversion to it's active metabolite o-desmethyltramadol and this is dependent upon the CPY450 enzymatic family. Kratom's main opioid compound, mitragynine, is also a prodrug for 7-OH and too relies on the CPY450 enzymatic family for conversion.

Taking the two together could theoretically clog up the enzymes ability to convert, reaching it's maximum, and leaving you without all the good stuff so to speak.

I found taking pharmaceutical opioids after kratom tends to work the best, like 2.5-3 hrs later IME. Or, I found that pharmaceutical opioids went better alongside kratom tea than powder. Not sure why, just years of repeated experiences and attempts at various combinations. I take between 50-70 grams per day and have for like 5ish years. I also use pharmaceutical opioids whenever I get the chance. Morphine and codeine go rather well with kratom IME. Though codiene also requires conversion to morphone so idk! All I know is some codeine/phenergan syrup goes nicely with kratom lol.

Last edited:
I'm a long time and heavy kratom user. I never found tramadol to synergize well with kratom. Tramadol requires conversion to it's active metabolite o-desmethyltramadol and this is dependent upon the CPY450 enzymatic family. Kratom's main opioid compound, mitragynine, is also a prodrug for 7-OH and too relies on the CPY450 enzymatic family for conversion.

Taking the two together could theoretically clog up the enzymes ability to convert, reaching it's maximum, and leaving you without all the good stuff so to speak.

I found taking pharmaceutical opioids after kratom tends to work the best, like 2.5-3 hrs later IME. Or, I found that pharmaceutical opioids went better alongside kratom tea than powder. Not sure why, just years of repeated experiences and attempts at various combinations. I take between 50-70 grams per day and have for like 5ish years. I also use pharmaceutical opioids whenever I get the chance. Morphine and codeine go rather well with kratom IME. Though codiene also requires conversion to morphone so idk! All I know is some codeine/phenergan syrup goes nicely with kratom lol.
What’s the best way to make Kratom tea ? How much loss would you say as well? If I normally do 3 grams would I put 5 in to make the tea , since I’ll be straining it ..

What’s the best way to make Kratom tea ? How much loss would you say as well? If I normally do 3 grams would I put 5 in to make the tea , since I’ll be straining it ..

There's lots of recipes online. Basically take like 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add ~100ml of lemon juice for citric acid and another 100ml of alcohol (vodka is what I usually use). Add kratom powder and reduce heat to a rolling simmer for 20 minutes. Strain through a coffee filter. Throw filter and leaf away, chug tea. Some people do a second or third pull from their powder (so repeating the process over again).

I can't speak on those amounts. When I make tea I use 20 grams. When I toss n wash I use 15 grams. So I add 5 grams to account for loss on a 15g dose. Idk if that can really translate to a 3g dose. But I'd say 5g or 6g made in tea would be adequate if you normally toss 3.

The infamous "krypton kratom" that has some deaths associated with it was kratom powder laced with the avtive metabolite of tramadol, o-desmethyltramadol. So there's gotta be the possibility for synergy here, but I believe the results may be hindered because of the metabolic interactions which occur with tramadol and which would not occur with o-desmethyltramadol.

Last edited: