• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom/tramadol question

draculic acid69

Bluelighter
I got some kratom to try tomorrow but I'm unsure if it goes well/not well with tramadol. i usually start the day with tramadol so I was going to do that but I'm wondering if I should take the kratom with the tramadol or wait a few hours or what? Anyone with experience want to chime in.i don't think I could swallow enough powder to eliminate not taking the tramadol at all so I'd rather not do that only to start wd from tram halfway through the day.or is kratom powerful enough to overcome tram wds?

They're both opioids so they will potentiate each other. But if you are trying to taper off the tramadol and use kratom to ease the withdrawals, you should only start using the kratom once withdrawals hit.

Tapering is not on the menu ATM.i was just wondering if the partial agonist/ antagonist factors will be a factor.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but they should just synergise. I doubt partial agonism would be much of a factor with kratom because it doesn't have super strong binding affinity like bupe.

They're both opioids so they will potentiate each other. But if you are trying to taper off the tramadol and use kratom to ease the withdrawals, you should only start using the kratom once withdrawals hit.
Actually there's a study showing coadministration of kratom and morphine can have benificial effects regarding dependency development, but can't find the study and not trying to look that hard

Actually there's a study showing coadministration of kratom and morphine can have benificial effects regarding dependency development, but can't find the study and not trying to look that hard

I would be curious to see that because conventional wisdom would suggest that as kratom is itself an opioid, it will cause its own dependency, therefore minimising use is the best way to use it for a taper. Like anything else with its own potential for addiction you want to use it for the shortest period possible.

There's no money,no work,no nightlife,no pussy,no travel,
no socializing of any kind,
and nothing to do except
watch Netflix wasted. Now's
no time to be a quitter for me.
This is no time to be sober if u
dont have to be.

Last edited:
8g of mitragina hirsute downed on top of the usual tram dose.time is 5mins b4 train arrives.now to wait and see.
This fine powder really coats the throat.and probably the lungs in small amounts.all it takes is a tiny exhale and powder comes out like a dragon breathing fire.im guessing it goes both ways.will be looking into other methods besides the toss and wash.

Koi
I would be curious to see that because conventional wisdom would suggest that as kratom is itself an opioid, it will cause its own dependency, therefore minimising use is the best way to use it for a taper. Like anything else with its own potential for addiction you want to use it for the shortest period possible.
I think it has something to due with kratoms unique opiod activity I assume is the same method bupe supposedly modulates the dependency

I just mix with about 2oz of water and toss it down. Ime it's too easy to inhale that shit. Apple juice also works pretty good because it's not overly bitter.

So I had 8g about 7 hrs ago.stuff is pretty mild.not much euphoria.might be dose dependent or maybe tramadols poxy noneuphoric buzz over powered the the good feeling of the kratom.it does that with other opiates sometimes.has slight jitteryness to it but very mild.also has a slight tension in the back of the neck feeling I get from tryptamines.it does have an indole ring in it.anyway I might have to try it next time without the tramadol.

Only just tried kratom recently. Been using it instead of my afternoon dose of poppy tea. Still taking the poppy tea in the morning, but with kratom I've cut the amount I'm having everyday in half with no problems.

At responsible doses, it seems to work quietly in the background, not so apparent and showy as say morphine, but it's not bad as a supplement/substitute to other opioids IMO.

Might try taking it on its' own tomorrow, at a higher dose.

Last edited:
Only just tried kratom recently. Been using it instead of my afternoon dose of poppy tea. Still taking the poppy tea in the morning, but with kratom I've cut the amount I'm having everyday in half with no problems.

At responsible doses, it seems to work quietly in the background, not so apparent and showy as say morphine, but it's not bad as a supplement/substitute to other opioids IMO.

Might try taking it on its' own tomorrow, at a higher dose.
How many grams r u taking?

Try 6g and wait an hour >no joy?
Try 2 more g....
This is krat only no trams

Personally I do not like mixing kratom and traditional opioids... something doesn't mix well for me: Like it negates some euphoria or something for both.

8g of mitragina hirsute downed on top of the usual tram dose.time is 5mins b4 train arrives.now to wait and see.
This fine powder really coats the throat.and probably the lungs in small amounts.all it takes is a tiny exhale and powder comes out like a dragon breathing fire.im guessing it goes both ways.will be looking into other methods besides the toss and wash.

I'm glad you posted this. I am down to 8g of kratom a day and am about to jump off. I have boatloads of gabapentin, xanax, baclofen, and tramadol. So I think i'm set for avoiding the most severe of unpleasantries. But I was gonna ask how soon after my last kratom dose (of 2g) can I take a tramadol? But hell, if you're just mixing them, that makes me feel better that I won't be getting serotonin syndrome. I had seen some posts on the interwebz indicating that could be a possibility. I just would need enough tramadol to take the edge off.

NOW, as far as taking kratom. Here's the deal: you gotta swish it around first. Here's the technique, tried and true. Take a huge breath before tossing the kratom back. This means that if you react poorly, there's only one way the air is going to go- exhalation. So, take a deep breath, toss it under your tongue (that's what I do), then throw back some water and swish it around real good before swallowing. I can almost guarantee you are trying to swallow too soon. By doing that, you are getting dry powder on your esophagus. I know this sounds dumb and if you say I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but it works for me. Otherwise, just mix it in a small glass and throw it back. Like someone else said, OJ is good. Cranberry juice is good too. Etc.