• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Hey, to any mods or more knowledgable people on here:

Does Kratom have proven negative effects on serotonin or proven long term negative effects overall as far as we know??

Does not seem to mess with serotonin enough to cause any down regulation-type effects like MDMA and friends but it does have some effect:
“Results suggest that both descending noradrenergic and serotonergic systems are involved in the antinociceptive activity of supraspinally administered mitragynine on the mechanical noxious stimulation, while the descending noradrenergic system predominantly contributes to the effect of supraspinal mitragynine on the thermal noxious stimulation.”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8982722/
That being said I am noticeably less depressed during Kratom withdrawal compared to even mild opioid w/d so it’s by far the lesser evil in my book.

Last edited:
Anybody take their kratom in a drink?

Not a tea. I'm Looking more a cold drink that would allow me to weigh up the kratom and make the drink in the morning (or night before) and carry about until I drink it in the afternoon.

Anybody got any good recipes or able to point me in the right direction.

Mycophile you got any suggestions?

I'm a daily kratom user- once a day so I know the stuff well.

What I do is I weigh my dose, put it in a small plastic bottle and then add some water. If I have a busy day I usually carry that bottle in my backpack and drink it whenever I want, it works very well, just make sure to shake it before you drink it.
You could put juice or something else instead of water if you want to, it's also pretty stealthy. It usually drink it in about 3-5 seconds and barely taste it.

But if you're looking for a cold drink that tastes really good I'm afraid you won't find it (at least I haven't)... Guess you could add a bunch of sugar or make a smoothie or something but I personally don't see the point.

Oh it's way easier than toss and wash and you don't have to worry about inhaling some powder by accident.
I use about 200mL of water for ~3g of kratom, you may want to are more (or less) depending on the consistency of your kratom

What I do is I weigh my dose, put it in a small plastic bottle and then add some water. If I have a busy day I usually carry that bottle in my backpack and drink it whenever I want, it works very well, just make sure to shake it before you drink it.
You could put juice or something else instead of water if you want to, it's also pretty stealthy. It usually drink it in about 3-5 seconds and barely taste it.

But if you're looking for a cold drink that tastes really good I'm afraid you won't find it (at least I haven't)... Guess you could add a bunch of sugar or make a smoothie or something but I personally don't see the point.

Can you really do that with larger doses like 12 grams though and not choke on the Kratom or have too much remaining in the bottle after you are done that doesn't end up properly getting mixed with the water?

Cause unfortunately I have let my tolerance get high and I dose almost 12 grams in one shot and I'm always having to take it one teaspoon at a time with water so I don't choke on it.

Will it really mix with the water or juice that well that you could just drink the whole thing, even if it took a minute or two, and not choke?

Can you really do that with larger doses like 12 grams though and not choke on the Kratom or have too much remaining in the bottle after you are done that doesn't end up properly getting mixed with the water?

Cause unfortunately I have let my tolerance get high and I dose almost 12 grams in one shot and I'm always having to take it one teaspoon at a time with water so I don't choke on it.

Will it really mix with the water or juice that well that you could just drink the whole thing, even if it took a minute or two, and not choke?

Well 12g is a lot of powder so you'd have to use more water but I imagine it'd still be easier than the toss&wash method.

You'd have to try it yourself to see how that goes... Just use enough water (but not too much) and shake it very well (you don't want to see chunks of dry powder floating around).
I don't see why you would choke it you drink it slowly.

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2018/10/2/ohio-banning-sales-of-kratom-and-cbd-nbsp

The "medical professionals" have no idea what the substance is which is made clear in the article. They even say it's main roa is intravenous injection. Comparing it in every way to heroin including deaths. Lack of knowledge or willingness/eagerness to follow money is saddening. The voting panel is called "the pharmacy board of........." .

What a joke.

They have no idea what it is or how it is used but just make up whatever they want and try to ban it.

Have they actually been successful in Ohio though?

Or are they just trying?

I know they haven't succeeded YET in MOST other states like mine, and I keep giving my signature to the AKA so they can keep fighting it.

The ignorance is enough to drive me insane.

Kratom is the only thing that has helped me keep my opiate addiction under control, God makes good medicine

Does anyone actually know any real ways to get one's Kratom tolerance down other than taking a really long break?

In my experience, even when I took a 3 month break it wouldn't go down and I needed an 11 month break for it to go down.

I'm up to almost 12 grams a dose, and while I don't notice an increase in side effects or WD worse than at lower doses, it's just annoying to swallow that much.

What I'm thinking is a good potentiator would help, so if anyone knows of any let me know, cause I have generally found white grapefruit juice to be placebo and that's the only one I've tried.

Thanks

Wow, after years of trying every drug known to man, I am shocked that there is something out there [and being sold online] that I haven't heard of!
Cannot wait to try it! Is there a preference amongst powder or extract? Strains? I've never had Kratom, so unsure which to buy and how much to try, especially because my opiod/benzo tolerance is off the charts. But doing some research on it now

Wow, after years of trying every drug known to man, I am shocked that there is something out there [and being sold online] that I haven't heard of!
Cannot wait to try it! Is there a preference amongst powder or extract? Strains? I've never had Kratom, so unsure which to buy and how much to try, especially because my opiod/benzo tolerance is off the charts. But doing some research on it now

Don't use extract because it's so much stronger than regular powder that it will make your tolerance skyrocket and plain leaf powder will become ineffective.

We can't mention vendors and many people feel strains are vastly different but I'm one of those who doesn't really get vastly different effects from different strains and will find vendors to be more relevant, but generally they say reds are sedating, green middle of the road and white the most stimulating and I like green strains best like Green Malay and Green Borneo.

You starting dose would probably be about 2 grams but some people need less or more...until their tolerance goes up like mine lol.

However, it is illegal in a few states like Arkansas, Alabama, Vermont and a few others so I'd look online to make sure it's legal in your state.

Had a large detailed post but the bluelight mobile experience wasn't having it. If that many people were injecting plant material their would be quite the uptick in drug related amputations across the state. Your average person does not understand this so they can make bold faced lies without repercussion.

Here is a more credible source with a direct response from the AKA.
https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/prnewswire/press_releases/Ohio/2018/10/02/PH26152

Short version
Public comments accepted until October 18th. Don't hold your breath. If located in Ohio you have 2 weeks to stock up.

I'm glad I'm not in Ohio.

Honestly, I've been reading some of the AKA's announcements and I'd heard some positive reports within the past few weeks.

I forget what, but I think they were able to push back SITSA and I'd heard that the AKA had had a couple other victories in the past few weeks, just not in Ohio I guess.

I fucking hate this shit.

I mean I'm in New York and I'm gonna stock up and fight this shit as long as I can.

I REALLY hope it NEVER becomes illegal in my state or all 50 states.

These people are the worst of the worst.

They know nothing, make up whatever they want.

It's like how the people who have tried to make Salvia Divinorum illegal say it is like MDMA LOL.

Well...I think it's not going to be illegal in New York anytime soon, and I'll be ready for them if they are.

From MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

You will NOT take it from me.

No fucking way, no fucking how.

Just try it.

Anyways, once again, does anyone know any way to make Kratom tolerance go down and any good potentiators?

As I've said before, all I have to do is experiment with a slightly higher dose like once or twice and then that's my new dose and it sucks just in terms of all the time it takes to swallow and weigh out higher doses.

I have not noticed, at least not at my 12 gram doses (yes, it's high I know...) that I get worse withdrawals or side effects, but once over a year ago when my doses were fucking 16 grams each I did, and I don't want to let that happen again.

I still don't get how people use DAILY for YEARS and their tolerance never goes up.

I only use it 3 days a week and mine has gone from 2 gram doses to 12 in 10 months.

People might call me a fiend, but I'm not. I mean seriously all I need to do is TWICE say to myself "this dose feels weak, let me try another half a gram" and in no time I need that extra half a gram to feel the same way, and even 3 month breaks have not lowered my tolerance, only stopping for almost a year did.

If I could find a truly good potentiator I guess I could take less.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just got myself a few strains of Kratom recently but to be honest I am really not blown away by it... After hearing so many people rave about it I guess I was expecting something better. I started out at about 2 grams, and it does sometimes have a pretty chilled, relaxing effect for a while, but it wears off quite quickly and perceptibly, within 4 hours or sometimes less... I've only dosed 3 days so far total (this is the third), with a few days between each time, between 2-3 grams per doses, and 2-4 doses per day. I've even felt a little weird and irritable after dosing, once or twice (these were on days I was a bit stressed about work related things to be fair... but it didn't help with this).

Perhaps I need to dose higher? But I thought 2 grams would be enough for someone with no tolerance. The most I took was 4 doses in a day, maybe 8-10g total, and the whole next day I had major brainfog and a headache. I can't 100% put this down to the Kratom because it didn't happen on any previous day, I didn't sleep that well that night, and who knows, maybe I was just a bit sick or something but it was concerning.

It's possible I have a weird dysphoric reaction to opiates - I haven't done too many of them, but I recently tried oxycodone also and that was equally underwhelming, some initial relaxation which could have been placebo, followed by some distinctly uncomfortable, itchy sedation which I just had to ride out but really did not enjoy. I think I'll try upping the dose to 4g or so and if I don't get anything from that I'll just give up on the stuff.

Last edited:
Vastness,

I'd suggested playing with the dosage a bit more. A larger initial dose may be better than multiple smaller doses throughout the day. Redosing isn't that effective for kratom, at least in terms of getting a decent buzz.

Kratom is very short acting. The good part of the buzz only lasts like 2 hours or so for me. So it's no surprise you find it short acting too.

Sorry to hear about the brain fogginess. Whenever I start taking kratom I tend to feel spacey and shitty for like the second and third day. I've figured out that, for me, this is due to dehydration as the kratom powder seems to struggle to pull enough water into my bowels at the expense of the rest of my body. I'll get headaches and other symptoms of dehydration. Then after a couple days of taking kratom and drinking lots of water everything balances, my bowels adjust and I start to feel a lot better.

But I would not recommend daily dosing unless already opioid/opiate dependent.

MDPV_Psychosis - thanks for the advice, yeah, it is super short acting - even 4 hours is generous. I guess I just expected it to be longer because so much of what I've read is people saying they just dose once or twice a day, maybe in the morning, or morning then afternoon... I've also read about people taking sub gram doses, like half a gram which to me is just baffling that this does anything whatsoever.

I definitely don't plan to use it every day, to be honest I thought I'd try it to have a relaxing, anxiolytic alternative to Phenibut, which I like to think I keep in check but do use fairly often and have probably been getting close to overuse, not daily yet and still never over 2-2.5g / day but... definitely pushing my luck in terms of tolerance / sustainability.

Maybe that's partly why, for me this pseudo-opiate feeling just doesn't hold a candle to a solid GABA buzz... or maybe I'm just too jaded with the substances I've done and can no longer appreciate more "subtle" doses of stuff. I mean if you're dosing so low you can barely feel it, why bother.

ComfortablyNumb95 - thanks for your input also, that's interesting. I did just dose 4g just over 2 hours ago, and thought fuck it and dosed another 8g now. So this takes today's total to 16g, obviously on the high side but I'm getting so little from it and the risks seems to be low. I did get a kind of buzz again from the 4g but not anything mindblowing. In a few days time I'll maybe try another megadose just as my first dose for the day and then just give up entirely.

Have you ever tried any other opiates, out of curiousity? Just wondering if natural opiate tolerance could be a factor.

Last edited:
I have indeed tried (and have been regularly using for about 5 years, though not everyday as in I'm not an addict) several opiates: heroin, methadone, buprenorphine, U-47700, codeine, dihydrocodeine and ODSMT.

My tolerance is generally on the low side as I don't use everyday (though I do consider myself naturally tolerant to most drugs as I often have to dose higher than other people and I seem to be basically immune to things like kratom, I also barely feel things like codeine and usually have to dose 80mgs of methadone to get a worthwhile effect out of it and 4mgs of bupe plugged to get a mild buzz with light to no tolerance. Not bragging or anything, just giving some context).

It's also worth noting that I have tried kratom after months of abstinence from all opiates and it didn't change anything at all.

Uhm, I'm not sure what's going on but I tried editing my other comment as for some reason it didn't copy the formatting and it was just an ugly wall of text and it deleted it instead (which it did for the comment I just posted as well, had to change browser and post it again), so I'm gonna paste it again for other people to read:

kratom doesnt do anything at all for me (well, i've managed to catch some extremely mild buzz, barely above placebo, and it happened only a handful of times), and i've never bought from headshops, in fact i have tried 3 different reputable vendors and 4 different strains (2 reds, a white one and a green one), both toss n wash and by mixing it in some liquid (i've tried water, OJ and grapefruit juice) and chugging the revolting and bitter mud that results from this dreadful combination in doses ranging from as little as 3 grams up to 20 grams (at once!)it just doesnt seem to work for some people

^^ I see, I remember trying codeine a few times when I was younger (CWE extraction FTW) and kind of enjoyed it but retrospectively again, nothing special. Tramadol I think is the only other opioid I remember trying and the only one I've actually enjoyed.

8g Kratom was probably a bit too much. I actually feel a bit like when I last did oxycodone now, only not so itchy. But sedated, dysphoric, a bit sick... no euphoria, even a bit irritable. Don't think I'm gonna go higher. Just doesn't look like there is a sweet spot for me. Too low is too short acting, perceptible comedown, very mild placeboey buzz if anything, too high is dysphoria, sedation, weirdness. I think I just don't get on with opiates. Ah well.