• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

It's impossible to say how bad it'll be for you. Have you been through opiate withdrawal before? You may experience some withdrawals, especially if you've been physically dependent on opiates before (kindling effect and all).

If I was CTing from your dosage regiment I would experience withdrawals. They wouldn't be severe but they wouldn't be un-noticeable either. I doubt your in for hell but you may be uncomfortable for a few days.

Again, everyone and every experience is different.

well i'm definitely not sleeping tonight thats for damn sure....feel like ive overdosed on coffee. and yes i quite a 5 year opiate habit 5 months ago and then relapsed on kratom like a month ago would i be better off tapering down to nothing? or i'm worried i'd just get more addicted doing that by taking it more days in a row.

^i never head WD from three days in a row use....a bit of trouble sleeping but nothing some weed couldn't fix.

I caved in and took 1 gram because the anxiety and RLS was getting too much aftre laying in bed for 4 hours not sleeping

Emerald Thai Kratom
Does anyone have experience with this strain? I used to think Kratom was Kratom but I was wrong. Different strains very much have different effects. I don't know what all the hullabaloo about maeng da is? Emerald is waaay better IMO. Much more sedating & lasts longer. 10-15gr is plenty for me.

I think they should legalize marijuana but prohibit alcohol. At least weed has a legit medical reason for existence. Booze has none & destroys lives. Weed hurts no one except the weight loss industry. Munchies!!!! :)

well i'm definitely not sleeping tonight thats for damn sure....feel like ive overdosed on coffee. and yes i quite a 5 year opiate habit 5 months ago and then relapsed on kratom like a month ago would i be better off tapering down to nothing? or i'm worried i'd just get more addicted doing that by taking it more days in a row.

A very quick taper may help but don't drag it out cause then, like you said, you'd probably be doing just as much harm as good by dosing more days in a row. You might be better off just stopping too.

Sounds like you kinda already are tapering since you replied again and said you took 1 gram. It's a small dose and I hope it helped with the anxiety and RLS?

I've even found doses as small as 500mg to 750mg can help take the edge off... Of course assuming one doesn't have a monster of a tolerance at the time (which it sounds like you don't if 1 gram helped). One downside to such small doses is that, for me, they tend to only offer relief for like an hour or two. But sometimes that is all you need to help get to sleep.

I think they should legalize marijuana but prohibit alcohol. At least weed has a legit medical reason for existence. Booze has none & destroys lives. Weed hurts no one except the weight loss industry. Munchies!!!! :)

Naw, IMO ALL drugs should be legal.

Just look at how alcohol prohibition went back in the 1930s.

BUT…if only one could be legal of course weed is safer.

Well, 24 hours after my last dose and I’m just a little tired.

Kratom WD is really really benign unless you use it like WEEKS in a row and even then probably not bad.

Kratom is such a safe drug IMO.

It needs to stay legal, but unfortunately it won’t.

The way our government works most of the most dangerous drugs stay legal and the safe ones become schedule one.

Alcohol and cigs are legal, prescription pain killers legal for medicinal use.

But weed and shrooms are illegal.

If something is benign and makes you feel pleasant and enjoy your day, it’s going to be jumped on by the government.

If it is capable of killing you or causing serious addiction, whether or not it becomes illegal is based on the ability of the government to profit off of it.

Heroin isn't illegal cause it's dangerous, it's illegal cause of the history of gangs profiting off it, because it keeps the prison industry going, and because big pharma would have to patent it and sell it to make a profit and that would look more suspicious than them doing what they are doing selling Oxy, Vicodin, etc, all drugs which are basically the same thing.

Just like Meth being illegal and Adderall legal: the government just makes their own socially acceptable versions to sell.

Maybe we'll get the same with Kratom if they patent that...one can only hope...

Emerald Thai Kratom
Does anyone have experience with this strain? I used to think Kratom was Kratom but I was wrong. Different strains very much have different effects. I don't know what all the hullabaloo about maeng da is? Emerald is waaay better IMO. Much more sedating & lasts longer. 10-15gr is plenty for me.

Some vendors sell really good Maeng Da...it depends, though. Maeng Da is supposedly on the more energizing, less sedating end of the spectrum...

Re: different strains...what is the most sedating strain, with the closest high to a classic opiate high? Bali, possibly?

Some vendors sell really good Maeng Da...it depends, though. Maeng Da is supposedly on the more energizing, less sedating end of the spectrum...

Re: different strains...what is the most sedating strain, with the closest high to a classic opiate high? Bali, possibly?

I still am not sure how much of a difference there is in strains.

BUT…yesterday I mixed a shitload of strains such as Elephant, Red Vien Riau, Red Malay, Benguangie, Green Vein Riau, etc…..and the effect was closer to an opiate high than I usually get.

However, for me I really prefer my Kratom highs to have an energetic quality to them: so in order to get it I drank some energy drinks and used my “daylight” which stimulates sunlight and kind of wakes you up, and that gave me what I was looking for.

It might be cause I have ADD and some other “shit” lol, but I get interesting reactions to some drugs.

Like, do you guys get this effect I get from a good stimulating Kratom strain: you get super enthusiastic in thinking about all kinds of ideas, just random shit, daydreaming, and for me I have always been REALLY into making “lists” my whole life.

I always enjoyed it.

So on a good stimulant, whether it’s Kratom or Dexadrine or Prolintane, hell, it would even happen on Oxycodone or Hydrocodone which is interesting, I know I’m having a good time if I start making “lists” of shit lol.

Even not actually writing them out, but maybe just in my head: thinking about the different drugs I have done in my life and counting them out hahaha, thinking about my favorite foods and listing them, favorite movies or bands, whatever is fun to think about.

So that is an effect I seek out in Kratom, and I usually get it.

It’s honestly my very favorite effect I get from Kratom and is good for both work and play and I can be very enthusiastic in academic work in this state and very creative mentally, but it doesn’t occur if my high is purely a sedadative one or as much on red strains as green (I almost never use white though, not sure why).

Same for Oxy or Vicodin: low dose I get this effect less, but higher doses I get it, which is interesting cause most don’t think of opiates as “stimulants” but they stimulate my thoughts LIKE CRAZY, in a similar way to actual stimulants, but the bodily effect is of course the opposite.

And that is why KRatom is my favorite drug: combo of opioid and stimulant, best of both worlds.

I used to feel the same way. Did lots of stimulant drugs back in the day...cocaine, Dexedrine/Adderall, methamphetamine etc.

You know, "the usual". LOL

But nowadays I just want something to enjoy w/ cannabis as I lay in bed and drift off to sleep. Like heroin, for example. But heroin isn't good for you so I'd ideally like to find some kind of alternative to enjoy.

Well, I don't use heroin, but weed and Kratom are such an amazing combo.

Over the summer I combined kratom, weed, caffeine and Phenibut for the first time and the euphoria was insane.

But I can't sleep on Kratom or usually even for hours after taking it it will keep me up.

It's one of the only really bad effects for me: it's like pure insomnia lol.

But not everyone reacts that way, especially not with the red strains.

I've only a couple times gotten truly sedated from Kratom: oddly the first time I ever used it and made a strong tea, which I haven't done since then and opted to toss n' wash as it's easier, but that one night I nodded off HARD.

I feel there is probably some "secret" to achieving that effect from Kratom if you want it, maybe beyond higher doses and red strains, seeing as the tea for some odd reason did that but toss n' wash rarely has.

Then again, that was like the first time I EVER used it, so it's maybe not odd it sedated me more then.

But if falling asleep is what you want, low dose Vic or Oxy plus weed is more likely...despite it being so much worse for you IMO than Kratom.

You would also be FAR more likely to sleep on a Kratom extract + weed.

That's the only time I've never had trouble sleeping on Kratom is with the extracts as they are different and more like pure Oxy or Vicodin in experience I feel, but also much more addictive than plain leaf.

But that sounds like the experience you are looking for: like UEI and some weed.

I wonder how much an individual's unique physiological makeup determines what kind of effect kratom delivers? Probably alot. The day I found Kratom was a damned good day. Weed makes me tense & paranoid. I'm not stupid enough to fuck with coke, booze or H. Synthetic opioids are crap. Kratom is perfect IMO. The nausea is the only negative I've found. Which is easily fixed by consuming something with a high fat content. The fat probably acts as an emulsafier?

Last edited:
Got some white vein Maeng Da from my usual vendor, I was looking for a little boost at work. However this is the most sedated I've ever been from kratom. I can take Bali all day and not get tired. although I never get above 10g doses. But this white vein Maeng Da like 2 teaspoons and I'm out. The green Maeng Da this dude sells gives me hella motivation, any reason why the white vein would be so different?

White vein huh? I might give that a shot next. Being a live wire Type A person I don't need any stimulation. Kratom's sedative effects are heaven to me. It slows things down so I can contemplate reflect & enjoy.

Personally, I think a good source makes a much bigger difference than strain.

Everyone has their own favorite strains. Best bet is to try different strains until you find one you like. I've experienced some significant variability in getting the same strains from different places. I think Google searches are your best friend for figuring out people's experiences with certain products since sourcing is strictly against BL rules.

For those of you who have experienced WD, does it usually take about 24 hours to notice anything and then it's over in about 72 hours? It seems to take a full day without dosing before I notice any discomfort but it's the fastest WD to be over I've ever experienced. Just wondering if it's this way for others.

For those of you who have experienced WD, does it usually take about 24 hours to notice anything and then it's over in about 72 hours? It seems to take a full day without dosing before I notice any discomfort but it's the fastest WD to be over I've ever experienced. Just wondering if it's this way for others.

For me, although WD is minor, when I get it it is usually worst the 2nd day, then less bad the 3rd but worse on the 3rd than the first, and over by the 4th or 5th, but it can only last that long when I take a REAL lot.

The same thing happens for caffeine withdrawal for me, except that for me Caffeine WD is ENDLESS so I gave up trying (last time I was STILL in WD on day ELEVEN!!)….but in both cases I chalk up WD being milder the 1st day due to my MASSIVE consumption of both leaving me still having some alkaloids/drug left in my system for the first 24 hours, but by the second day it’s all gone and I’m feeling it.

Like today was day 2 after a pretty hard 4 day Kratom binge, and I don’t have work for the next couple weeks so I just fucking slept all day hahahah.

Other than feeling pretty tired, it’s fine.

I’ve gotten depressed in the past at times, runny nose, this time I just wanted to sleep, but now that I’m up I’m totally fine at a little over 48 hours since my last dose.

I will go another 2-4 days to REALLY wash out before my next dose so I have a clean slate as I just do not like being physically dependent….oh, and I haven’t been able to shit for 2 days lol…so I will need a laxative tonight….usually Metamucil is enough, but when it isn’t I go for Dulcolax.

Otherwise, it ends FOR ME within 3-4 days, but what I’ve found with things like caffeine, is that the longer and more I use the longer and worse WD is.

That may not go for Kratom, but I can’t understand why with Caffeine withdrawal I used to be over the WD in 3 days, and the last time on day 11 I was still in it, and every time I tried to quit the WD would last longer and longer…

What I'd say is that caffeine WD and Kratom WD are nearly identical for me, EXCEPT that caffeine WD lasts like 3 times as long so it's WAY worse.

I'm not dependent on Kratom, but quitting caffeine is a bitch.

They are related in some ways and have some similar alkaloids, so the similarities make sense, and yet the worse of the 2 isn't even considered a drug, and the other the DEA wants to be schedule one so go figure...

Last edited: