• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I just read that kratom POWDER binded to the mu-receptor at 350x-less potency than morphine, which would put it at about 10g of powder equals ~27.8mg of morphine, which if it had 1% alkaloids, would make them 12:1 overall potency relative to morphine with mytriginine contributing to ~65% of the alkaloid content and 7-hmg 2% of the alkaloid total. ~15.6 grams of kratom would have to be consumed for a ~45mg equanalgesic dose of morphine.

A BINDING PROFILE THAT IS 350:1 kratom powder:morphine RATIO SHOULD NEVER BE BANNED, IT SHOULD EVEN BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, IBUPROFEN HAS A 400:1 ANALGESIC RATIO TO MORPHINE, STOP CRYING, MYCOPHILE, BECAUSE YOU"you find it a lil addicting" THAT IS THE TYPE OF RIDICULOUS TALK THAT PUT THIS INNOCUOUS PLANT UNDER DEA WATCH - GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP WHINING ABOUT THE NON-NEGATIVES OF KRATOM.

It seems like everytime I click on here you are talking about "the addictiveness and wd of kratom should not be underestimated" It has a 350:1 analgesic ratio to morphine in powdered form- get it together! This is literally impossible to abuse due to the shear unpleasantness of volume of consumption - that be like complaining about having a TERRIBLE problem with 3.2% beer....

I can honestly say I stopped visiting BL save for every few months due to Mycophile. He just complains and acts like a little girl. I had to block him from my mailbox as he would send me long ass messages that amounted to no more than a rant and feeling sorry for himself. He single handedly killed this thread. All the people who used to contribute real information got pissed and left long ago.

I can honestly say I stopped visiting BL save for every few months due to Mycophile. He just complains and acts like a little girl. I had to block him from my mailbox as he would send me long ass messages that amounted to no more than a rant and feeling sorry for himself. He single handedly killed this thread. All the people who used to contribute real information got pissed and left long ago.

He says he has anxiety issues and it's pretty apparent. Not going to fault him for it though. If he bothers you that much, ignore him!

Although I have noticed that this thread has seriously quieted down

Yeah he needs to chill on the ear-beatings of nonsense- these threads get read by thousands for anecdotal evidence.

So what's up with the ban? Is Kratom illegal now?

We are all eagerly awaiting an answer. I'm assuming the DEA will release some sort of statement about their decision or announce there ruling today (Dec 1st). Fingers are crossed! I have been doing everything I could for awhile now... I wrote letters, I made donations and I submitted my story to the comment section. Hopefully enough people did the same and hopefully the DEA makes the correct decision. I hate all this anticipation and anxiety.

---------

I have a question and it may be out of line considering forum rules but here I go anyways. I very recently purchased some special Maeng Da strain (there is no need to mention the exact strain name) from a well known and reputable vendor. They are charging more for this particular product then they are charging for their other strains.

I'm asking for opinions here. Do you think I just paid extra for a "brand" name that won't actually be any better or do you think, generally, reputable vendors who charge more for certain strains do so because they actually are better strains. Obviously I don't intend to discuss individual vendors... I'm just curious what people's experiences have been generally speaking. Has it been worth it to shell out a little extra for more expensive strains, have you found it be that it's all really more or less the same or have you found it to be more of a crap shoot. Thanks for any responses.

We are all eagerly awaiting an answer. I'm assuming the DEA will release some sort of statement about their decision or announce there ruling today (Dec 1st). Fingers are crossed! I have been doing everything I could for awhile now... I wrote letters, I made donations and I submitted my story to the comment section. Hopefully enough people did the same and hopefully the DEA makes the correct decision. I hate all this anticipation and anxiety.

---------

I have a question and it may be out of line considering forum rules but here I go anyways. I very recently purchased some special Maeng Da strain (there is no need to mention the exact strain name) from a well known and reputable vendor. They are charging more for this particular product then they are charging for their other strains.

I'm asking for opinions here. Do you think I just paid extra for a "brand" name that won't actually be any better or do you think, generally, reputable vendors who charge more for certain strains do so because they actually are better strains. Obviously I don't intend to discuss individual vendors... I'm just curious what people's experiences have been generally speaking. Has it been worth it to shell out a little extra for more expensive strains, have you found it be that it's all really more or less the same or have you found it to be more of a crap shoot. Thanks for any responses.

IME it's a crap shoot. I've paid extra for strains that were garbage, but sometimes it's worth it. There's so much individual variability with kratom that it's hard to say any strain will be objectively better than another

Oh go fuck yourself.

I do have generalized anxiety disorder but I've had it pretty under control lately and it's people like you who probably don't understand how someone with various psychological issues can get have them under control at more times than others so you've just branded me over how I acted like a year ago when I haven't been like that lately.

I don't even remember PMing you and if I did it was probably over me being pissed due to your insults and telling you to stop bothering me as I do remember you being annoying as hell.

Now go back a few threads and see how many people have complained about me lately and you'll notice: no one other than Mike Vick who's never understood my posts in the first place.

I didn't think Mike Vick was going off an me, and if he was, I was referencing Xoroth's post to a new poster because Xorkoth had written a long report on how horrible Kratom withdrawal was for him and another poster said he was "never going to touch it due to horrible consequences" and I tried to talk the kid out of thinking that Kratom was so addictive.

I was doing the OPPOSITE of saying Kratom is a big deal, and I've learned to manage myself quite well with it.

I certainly was NOT "complaining" about the addictiveness of Kratom, I was doing the EXACT opposite but pointing out for anyone who's concerned (as this new poster was after reading Xorkoth's story of addiction) that it's not a hard habit to learn to control.

But here you are complaining?

So who's the little girl now?

I've trained BJJ for 20 years and overcome 4 major surgeries to come back to active competition each time.

You couldn't do that.

You're the little girl on my end of things.

Bitch.

Haha, I wouldn't leave an entire FORUM cause of one poster I didn't like, you really are a pussy.

There's lots of good people still contributing like Slow Mobius and Snake Eyes for just a few of many examples.

And for those who "supposedly" couldn't handle it and left?

They can get fucked for all I care and are also little girls IMO.

Last edited:
I just read that kratom POWDER binded to the mu-receptor at 350x-less potency than morphine, which would put it at about 10g of powder equals ~27.8mg of morphine, which if it had 1% alkaloids, would make them 12:1 overall potency relative to morphine with mytriginine contributing to ~65% of the alkaloid content and 7-hmg 2% of the alkaloid total. ~15.6 grams of kratom would have to be consumed for a ~45mg equanalgesic dose of morphine.

A BINDING PROFILE THAT IS 350:1 kratom powder:morphine RATIO SHOULD NEVER BE BANNED, IT SHOULD EVEN BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, IBUPROFEN HAS A 400:1 ANALGESIC RATIO TO MORPHINE, STOP CRYING, MYCOPHILE, BECAUSE YOU"you find it a lil addicting" THAT IS THE TYPE OF RIDICULOUS TALK THAT PUT THIS INNOCUOUS PLANT UNDER DEA WATCH - GET IT TOGETHER AND STOP WHINING ABOUT THE NON-NEGATIVES OF KRATOM.

It seems like everytime I click on here you are talking about "the addictiveness and wd of kratom should not be underestimated" It has a 350:1 analgesic ratio to morphine in powdered form- get it together! This is literally impossible to abuse due to the shear unpleasantness of volume of consumption - that be like complaining about having a TERRIBLE problem with 3.2% beer....

I don't know if you are talking about me but I don't really post like that very often dude.

I used to back in the day when my anxiety was worse but look back at my posts the past few months and you'll see no fear mongering and nothing but me trying to tell people how to use Kratom responsibly.

What happened was that Xorkoth had posted a long post on Erowid about having had trouble with Kratom and getting addicted to it and how he felt it could be problematic for some people and some new poster read it and freaked out and said he'd never try Kratom due to "disastrous consequences".

I felt the kid was totally overestimating things because Kratom is really an easy substance to handle unless you take pounds a day like Xorkoth was doing.

So I told the kid to stop worrying about it and making a big deal over it because it isn't.

If you have a problem with someone it should be with the story Xorkoth posted on Erowid, but really you shouldn't because he was just telling his story.

Your another person who seems to have never understood any of the points I've made about Kratom: namely that it's a very tame substance so long as you follow some rules but if you don't you might not feel great for a couple days.

And somehow you make out of those kind of statements some sort of "fear mongering" that I no longer do.

I used to have some issues with that in the past due to my anxiety, but I haven't been like that for a while, so stop trying to claim I'm saying things I haven't said.

Re-read my post and you'll see I was trying to explain to a kid how east it is to use Kratom responsibly.

And while your complaining about me how much action have you been taking??

Cause I've sent NUMEROUS emails to the DEA and signed about 5 petitions and called my local representative.

Unless you've done more you should stop complaining.

Last edited:

---------

I still believe that it's going to be banned so I'm more interested in how much notice they are going to give users and vendors before they end it.

I still believe that it's going to be banned so I'm more interested in how much notice they are going to give users and vendors before they end it.

The public comment period ended on the first, but I thought they weren't going to make their final decision until the first of January.

Can someone clarify?

I don't know if you are talking about me but I don't really post like that very often dude.........

Unless you've done more you should stop complaining.

Look, don't take this personally, but look at the length, in centimeters, of your posts compared to everyone elses. Wall of text. Look at the amount of self-referencing. I am not accusing you of anything and I am not accusing you of having narcissistic, or other personality disorders. All I'm saying is chill. This is a kratom thread not a 'mycophile' thread. I'd like to hear from a broader group of people about kratom.
That's all
"you are the only one that doesn't seem to understand my comments on kratom..." Chill dude, get over yourself. We are all one.
Your gigantic posts are all about you, your anxiety, your this, your that. If you want to join the psychology forum, this is not the one. It seems very narcissistic of you to be taking up our time and space with giant, self-referential posts that do not matter.

Moving on, do you guys find kratom only partially covers WD- the worst parts: suicidal-ideation, and RLS are completely releaved)? But there is still some WD symptoms that are still not covered by kratom, it doesn't fully substitute for opiates. That's how I feel. I have taken many grams today - an nearly unpalatable number of grams - and it does not seem to fully substitute for morphine-like drugs.
Only partial attenuation, no drug effects.

Last edited:
The public comment period ended on the first, but I thought they weren't going to make their final decision until the first of January.

Can someone clarify?

Yes, from what I understand, the public commenting period was closed as of Dec 1. I was under the impression the DEA would announce a decision by Dec 31. However, I could be wrong. It's sort of hard to keep up with these days!

Look, don't take this personally, but look at the length, in centimeters, of your posts compared to everyone elses. Wall of text. Look at the amount of self-referencing. I am not accusing you of anything and I am not accusing you of having narcissistic, or other personality disorders. All I'm saying is chill. This is a kratom thread not a 'mycophile' thread. I'd like to hear from a broader group of people about kratom.
That's all
"you are the only one that doesn't seem to understand my comments on kratom..." Chill dude, get over yourself. We are all one.
Your gigantic posts are all about you, your anxiety, your this, your that. If you want to join the psychology forum, this is not the one. It seems very narcissistic of you to be taking up our time and space with giant, self-referential posts that do not matter.

I have not talked about anything aside from Kratom for MONTHS.

All I talk about is Kratom and any self reference is only how I react to Kratom, just like you just referred to how you feel Kratom doesn't fully get rid of your stronger opiate withdrawal--that's self reference as well.

Check my recent posts, and all they all have to do with is my opinions on the benefits and drawbacks of Kratom.

As someone who was a graduate student in English, I am long winded by nature and I write a lot about a lot of different topics so all I am guilty of is writing too much for your tastes.

But I have not mentioned my anxiety in ANY recent post I can find.

You are referring to things I said over a year ago.

If you think I talk too much and you'd like me to tone it down so you can hear from others more then I'll try to take that suggestion, but all I am guilty of in any of the recent months is writing posts that are too long, or perhaps more of them than you'd like.

Last edited:
I..........
Dude, I Don't care.
Back to my statement:
There is certainty that kratom only partially covers WD- the worst parts: suicidal-ideation, and RLS are relieved; But there is still some WD symptoms that are still not covered by kratom. And kratom has no drug-effects alone, even at large doses, so a ban would simply increase Suicidal-ideation and violent, malevolent behavior in opiate addicted patients- instead of providing availability of some partially-acting, unpalatable-weak, benign drug that is actually helping people reduce suicidal urges and increase function, to no ill affect.