• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom Induced Gynecomastia

I actually think its due to its testosterone increasing properties since hair loss is also a commonly reported symptom of chronic use. Enlarged breasts too. I use kratom often but I take at least a month break every now and then
Do you get withdrawals when you take kratom breaks?

Do you get withdrawals when you take kratom breaks?
Yes the physical withdrawals are fairly noticeable but luckily they go away pretty quick. The withdrawal is far from the worst part, not having kratom to ease the pain is what actually makes it difficult to stop

Wow thank you for all the replies, I’m a little late to the party…

I by no means have tits, standing upright my nips are just slightly puffy. When I sit down and hunch over, you can notice them protrude about a centimeter with a total mass the volume of prism made of 3 maybe 4 parallel gummy worms; wild comparison. It fucking sucks, but it’s also at a level where I can live with it without thinking it’s a primary problem in my life. I think about it a lot, but don’t consider myself as having an ugly body because of it.

It is a shame that insurance doesn’t cover the surgery. I’d get it if it was like $700 or less, but I think the cheapest is above $3000. Maybe I can’t do it if I’m balling once I graduate college and get a job. The other option is raloxifene, but I’ve read it is ineffective for any growth that has existed for more than a few months. To clarify, gyno is a growth of breast tissue which is glandular as opposed to adipose. I’m certain I have that.

I was interested reading that balls shrink on opioids. I’ve noticed my members are smaller than I remember but I couldn’t tell if I was hallucinating that or not. My “loads” are smaller than they used to be too. This is TMI, but expressing it is a great joy of anonymous online forums. I read you guys don’t deal with the gyno, but have seen hormonal changes. How long after stopping do you think it balances out?

I hate to think about the hormonal damage I’m doing to myself, so I try to ignore it to avoid the added stress. Being 21 years old seems like a crucial time to have your testosterone. It makes sense in so many ways for me to quit kratom, but 1. The withdrawal is bad enough for me to push it off until I have a very easy week (which is very rare) and 2. I enjoy it to the level where if I make it past the withdrawal, I’ll live sober for a bit and think “damn I would simply be happier if I got back on kratom” and get back on it. That’s what happened when I quit for a month over the summer. During that time my gyno did not go away, but slightly improved.

It’s definitely a coping mechanism for emotional problems I don’t know how to deal with. I see it as something I’ll be ready to stop once I build a life that I can be happy about. Perhaps kratom is inhibiting that improvement like all other addictions, hence the feedback loop of substance abuse. Maybe I could push through the withdrawal and see a doctor for the problems I use to cope with, but my medical coverage is not great. Maybe my conception of this addiction is true and things will work out later in life. Who knows…

Also, i have read that other alkaloids in kratom are to blame. I don’t believe they are the entire cause because the alkaloid it is consumed for (mitrgynine) is a partial opioid, which are know to disrupt hormones. Paynantheine and corynantheidine are supposedly calcium channel blockers. I don’t really know everything that entails, but the idea to move to extracts could help if they exclude those. Those extracts get crazy expensive compared to leaf tho.

If anyone knows about those other two alkaloids I would love to hear.