• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom. How helpful can it be?

Kratom can be quite helpful for many "issues" as maybe you have found out by now.
It is one of my favorite general all-in-one tool in my box.
There are a few other tools but they are not quite as comprehensive in effects as kratom.
There is the phenom of addiction/dependence with kratom but depending on dose it can be mitigated fairly easily. IME.

I quit taking kratom on July 3rd and I still feel the wd, I feel like I'll have PAWS for a long time to come.
That's disappointing. I hope it eases for you. There must have been a downside to being on the Kratom that motivated you to get off it. I'ld be interested to hear, if that was the case.

Kratom can be quite helpful for many "issues" as maybe you have found out by now.
It is one of my favorite general all-in-one tool in my box.
There are a few other tools but they are not quite as comprehensive in effects as kratom.
There is the phenom of addiction/dependence with kratom but depending on dose it can be mitigated fairly easily. IME.
I'm real new to it still. So far, I haven't felt sure I could discern any affect from it at all. But it must do something, or people wouldn't bother with it. Lately, my insomnia has been worse. I'm a bit confused as to whether Kratom might help that or not. Supposedly, Kratom can act as a stimulant. But it might also be sedating? I've read that in parts of Asia, where it grows, locals chew the leaves to enhance their tolerance for arduous or tedious work.

That's disappointing. I hope it eases for you. There must have been a downside to being on the Kratom that motivated you to get off it. I'ld be interested to hear, if that was the case.
It's addictive, expensive and makes me sweat a lot. I'm feeling a lot better this week, but I think it will come and go for a while. It's not bad.

I'm real new to it still. So far, I haven't felt sure I could discern any affect from it at all. But it must do something, or people wouldn't bother with it. Lately, my insomnia has been worse. I'm a bit confused as to whether Kratom might help that or not. Supposedly, Kratom can act as a stimulant. But it might also be sedating? I've read that in parts of Asia, where it grows, locals chew the leaves to enhance their tolerance for arduous or tedious work.
Nobody believes me but kratom is dose dependent. Small doses ( 2-4 grams) are stimulating and larger doses ( 5-8 grams ) are sedating.

I sleep like a baby every night on 7 grams and before I found kratom I couldn't sleep for shit. I take the red strain at night but I found it doesn't matter what strain or color it is..........ya just gotta take a higher dose than what you would use for stimulation.

A hot cup of joe in the morning with 3 grams of a green or white strain and you will feel it. At night some herbal sleepy time tea and 7 grams of red and you won't feel it because you will fall asleep.

That's just me anyway. I hope you can find some effects from it because if one isn't seeking to blast off and get high off their tits and just enjoys some mild mood lifts and help sleeping then kratom can be great.

Kratom, Lyrica and Parnate changed my life. Parnate and Lyrica helps for depression, anxiety, chronic knee pain. I have tried almost any AD on the market but only Maois works for me. ( Nardil- great for anxiety and social phobia, but too sedating, weight gain problems, constipation, dizziness, nausea, , tiredness all day... Parnate is much user friendly, it has few side effects. Problem with Parnate that on its own helps with atypical symptoms of depression, helps a little bit for ADHD, but not so good for GAD and social anxiety. But with augementation (Lyrica, Bromazolam) it helps also with anxiety disorders. Atypical depression is chronic lack of dopamine. Dopamine is responsible for motivation, attention, focus, sleep, lack of drive and entuiasms, sugar cravings, mental and physical fatique, low sex drive, low mood,
and feelings of sadnes, loss of interest in many activities, trouble waking in the mornong...

So when we know how dopamine is important neurotransmitter, now we can understand why only Nardil, Parnate, stimulants, Modafinil, racetams and drugs that raise dopamine works help dopamine deficiency. Kratom is natural tree of coffee family. It produces mild stimulant and opioid effects, depends of strain and ammount you tak mie. Kratom in combination with Parnate and Lyrica helps 70-80 % with all my symptoms. Kratom is euphoric first few times but then euphoria dissapear. There are 3 Kratom color of the veins of the leaf strains. White leafs ( stimulating, energizing, focus and motivation enchamen). Green leaves (boost energy, lessen pain, improve sleep, mental clarity and concetration, promote feelings of happinesd and euphoria). Reds leaves are sedating and relaxing, best to manage pain and insomnia. I use mostly greens. Magnesium bis glycinate and Agmatine are best for potentiaton and reducing Kratom tolerance.
Kratom helps for chronic pain, anxiety, depression, ADHD, anhedonia and apathy.

DOSAGE- from 1 to 10 grams. Lower doses 1-4 are usually stimulating , 4-7 are sedating, 8-10 are extremlly sedating. To avoid tolerance it is best to have at least 2 Kratom bags of different strains, so 6 different Kratoms.
My favorite Leaf is Green. But there are lot of strains of each color. Green Borneo, Green Maeng Da, Green Riau, Green Bali...

I like to vape nicotine while I am on Kratom. Vaping Bring back euphoria. But i have need to vape on every dopaminergic.

Today, i took Parnate, Lyrica, 4 grams of Red Riau Kratom and Modafinil 50 mg. And of corse 1 pill of Agmatine for tolerance issues. This combination is awesome. It helps with depression, energy, anxiety, anhedonia and gives me focus and motivation. Later i will take all the same just instead Modafinil I Will take 35 mg 2 fma. Instead of Red Riau I will take Green Borneo and instead of 1 pill of Agmatine i will take 2 pills and 1 pill of Magnesium bis glycinate. From stimulants i have been rotating Modafinil, 2-Fma, Bromantane, Phenylpiracetam and Isopropylphenidate.

When I did Kratom, I took 3 of the 200 mg capsules and it definitely worked and made me feel pretty good. Only thing was its expensive. At least by me it is

When I did Kratom, I took 3 of the 200 mg capsules and it definitely worked and made me feel pretty good. Only thing was its expensive. At least by me it is
It's all relative.

When I was hooked on oxys & hydros (not prescribed to me) I was spending $60 to $80 per day (just to get by, not to get high).
My kratom habit is costing me about $80 per month.

When I was using it, it certainly did. It is, after all, an opioid full agonist.

I have a sneaking suspicion that your kratom capsules are probably not as active as they should be (could be inferior quality material, could be old material, could have been stored improperly). I have read that generally speaking, "commercial" pre-capsulated kratom has a bad reputation and can often be minimally active or inactive at all.
I would recommend finding a well regarded ethnobotany supplier who can supply large-ish amounts of the pre-ground leaf. Capsule it up yourself and store it in the fridge for best shelf life (but it's best to use it all within 30 days or so). (BL does not allow posting/discussing sources sadly)

This is how every opioid works, sadly. It is, however, dose related: if you use large amounts of kratom or use it more frequently, you will have a harder time of it than if you use small doses, less frequently.
Same as how withdrawal from 20mg of hydrocodone daily may seem awful, but it could be far, far worse if you were (for instance) abusing large amounts of street fentanyl, or taking 100mg morphine or more per day or something.

Also, I hate to tell you, using opioids is a pretty poor anti-depressant in terms of sustainability.
I would actually recommend finding somewhere that could try ketamine therapy with you. There is more robust evidence that NMDA antagonists can be effective antidepressants with effects that last long after the drug has been eliminated. You could even acquire some nitrous oxide from whipped cream chargers and see how that makes you feel (short lasting NMDA antagonist).
Just need to correct above misinformation, Kratom is certainly not a full opiate agonist, its a partial, just as tramadol is!

Alongside being partial agonists at mu, both mitragynine and 7-OH-mitragynine appear to be biased agonists that don't induce respiratory depressing via beta arrestin. There may be some evidence that 7-OH-mit is but reports are few and conflicted right now