• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Kratom for Codeine withdrawal

30 hours Kratom free now and boy am I suffering. This is worse than a normal codeine withdrawal for me. More like a tramadol withdrawal with the psychological symptoms much worse than standard codeine. 😔
Honestly I don't think there is a "normal" codeine withdrawal. Usually the first time you use too much the withdrawal is not that bad and the more often you put yourself in that position the withdrawal would be worse. That's not always the case tho, it's not as clear cut as the kindling from GABAnergics. If I were in your position I would have tapered the kratom for a bit longer but maybe you don't have time for that. At this point in time its probably best to sit it out regardless, you are almost through it bro. For the future if you ever relapse I'd suggest ULDN, it has made my withdrawal a lot easier. Still used comfort meds tho, mainly dissos and some soma. But was a walk in the park compared to what I've experienced previously.

How long are you off codeine? You are kicking the whole habit, not a week of kratom. It is true that kratom withdrawal has that special anxiousness/restlessness, but is short-lived. If you were kicking kratom only, I would say you have 1-2 days of the acute phase left. But I truly believe that it is this hard on you cause you are kicking a very big codeine habit. Having said that, you should be at a turning point in a day or two if you don't take any additional opioids. A week off codeine + 4 days off kratom and you should start to see light on the end of the tunnel more clearly. There is no guarantee but that's what I would expect. You are doing a great job man!
A week off the codeine now. I took my last dose of kratom yesterday around 5am. Withdrawals started kicking in about 2pm. Unfortunately I went to get some paracetamol and found a strip of DHC that I forgot I had. So I took the whole strip. Life of an addict hey? Why do we do it? Anyway, I woke up at 3am this morning for work and I was in full blown withdrawal. I’m inclined to believe a substantial amount is kratom withdrawal because if I was still on the codeine that DHC would have staved off a codeine withdrawal for a bare minimum of 24 hours. And it would be minimal symptoms at 24 hours, not full blown. I know my situation is complicated but I wouldn’t feel this bad during a codeine withdrawal . I have a poor tolerance to tramadol, something in it gives me extreme withdrawals, even far worse than an 8 month long heroin habit I had about 16 years ago. I think that’s what’s going on here, the other compounds in kratom are giving me a tramadol-esque type of withdrawal. I just bought some black seed oil capsules. Anyone know what dose is best to start with?

Honestly I don't think there is a "normal" codeine withdrawal. Usually the first time you use too much the withdrawal is not that bad and the more often you put yourself in that position the withdrawal would be worse. That's not always the case tho, it's not as clear cut as the kindling from GABAnergics. If I were in your position I would have tapered the kratom for a bit longer but maybe you don't have time for that. At this point in time its probably best to sit it out regardless, you are almost through it bro. For the future if you ever relapse I'd suggest ULDN, it has made my withdrawal a lot easier. Still used comfort meds tho, mainly dissos and some soma. But was a walk in the park compared to what I've experienced previously.
I agree there. I’ve had them last anywhere between a 3 day mild withdrawal to 2 weeks of hell. My last withdrawal was only 3 days of mild symptoms after several months of daily heavy use. I even slept 6 hours a night. My worst withdrawal was probably my first though, the anxiety I had with that withdrawal was crippling. I bought some black seed oil caps just now. Just wondering what dose to start with.

Im sorry for your predicament. Certainly can relate. Not lot of wisdom that you are already not aware that I can bring to the table at the moment. We are here to support each other, not just by "giving facts". Please inform us about your progress. Relapses are not a thing to be ashamed of and are the big part of recovery. We all have them, right until our last relapse. Keep fighting a good fight. ❤

If you can, get pregabaline, it will erase the anxiety and shouldn't provoke withdrawal on it's own when used short term as it works over different pathways than opioids, including probably kratom (even when there are strong similarities for me).

Or try dextromethorphan (OTC cough pills). It will get you high in the required amounts but is also able to kill opioid withdrawal, anxiety, restlessness etc. It is not an opioid and might curb tolerance down, shouldn't have any w/d itself other than lethargy.

Good luck! I'm still in the kratom step, even when I was now like 24h without any and felt more or less good. But if you get worse w/d from kratom, maybe it's not the correct medication for you.

How much naltrexone did you use? I'm about to get some but very afraid of it since I had an absolutely horrific accidental experience with naloxone, and this only lasted for one hour or so while naltrexone lasts 24h ... I know that you're not supposed to feel any withdrawal from ULDN but also that no real cut off value is known ...

How much naltrexone did you use? I'm about to get some but very afraid of it since I had an absolutely horrific accidental experience with naloxone, and this only lasted for one hour or so while naltrexone lasts 24h ... I know that you're not supposed to feel any withdrawal from ULDN but also that no real cut off value is known ...
I started with 1mcg and maybe noticed a slight potentiation there. Eventually worked up (slowly, built it up over a few weeks) to about 100-150mcg, from which I got the best effects. Still experimenting with the best dosage and I'm going to try and work up higher next time I use opioids again.

Better to take a bit too less than too much imo. I was worried about PWD too so I'm always super careful not to take way too much suddenly.

I started with 1mcg and maybe noticed a slight potentiation there. Eventually worked up (slowly, built it up over a few weeks) to about 100-150mcg, from which I got the best effects. Still experimenting with the best dosage and I'm going to try and work up higher next time I use opioids again.

Better to take a bit too less than too much imo. I was worried about PWD too so I'm always super careful not to take way too much suddenly.
The thing about nalo/trexone is, that they are inverse agonists. It won't just precipitate but exacerbate withdrawal, guess thats the magic behind U/LDN but I can barely imagine what it must be like to get a full shot of naloxone while on heroin (probably they won't reverse all at once as this would cause another medical emergency, see ultra fast wd, and many ODs require multiple shots) let alone 50mg naltrexone ... applying naltrexone while in dissociative anesthesia also appears to greatly shorten the time of withdrawal, but can kill you, sometimes even in a hospital (silly me suspecting neglect of care)..

The weird one is people feeling normal on naltrexone (after withdrawing, of course).

Did you self prepare or order some ULN solution? Here ordering from US takes ages, but they sell the 50mg pills...

The thing about nalo/trexone is, that they are inverse agonists. It won't just precipitate but exacerbate withdrawal, guess thats the magic behind U/LDN but I can barely imagine what it must be like to get a full shot of naloxone while on heroin (probably they won't reverse all at once as this would cause another medical emergency, see ultra fast wd, and many ODs require multiple shots) let alone 50mg naltrexone ... applying naltrexone while in dissociative anesthesia also appears to greatly shorten the time of withdrawal, but can kill you, sometimes even in a hospital (silly me suspecting neglect of care)..

The weird one is people feeling normal on naltrexone (after withdrawing, of course).

Did you self prepare or order some ULN solution? Here ordering from US takes ages, but they sell the 50mg pills...
Ordered 50mg capsules and made a ULDN solution myself yes. Took a long time for my order to arrive too, like a month I believe... But it was worth the wait.