• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom - dose higher or not?

Yeah they sell kratom at every gas station, and I’ve only got lucky a few times there. Gas station and head shops should be avoided. Talk to online vendors and find out where they get there kratom and cut out the middleman. I buy directly from suppliers for cheap prices.

No, I don’t experience nervousness or jitteriness. I usually only take red borneo strain and sometimes maeng da strain. But I’ve been doing this for a while and have some very trusted suppliers that took a long time to find. I go directly to the source and my kratom is super fresh and bright green.

Good luck to you finding good vendors. It took me a few years and talking to many suppliers building trust with them.

—Wizard

Hello @The Wizard of the Creek,

I tried to pm you but I kept getting an error.

Could you do me a solid and pass along the website or contact info for your Kratom dudes? If it's better for you, I won't even mention how / where I got it. The Kratom u get sounds awesome and my girlfriend, who is currently in recovery for heroin addiction, has to get her Kratom from some sketchy tea shop owner. This guy is very touchy feely with the girls and he always creeps on whoever has to go to him for discounted product. You can pm me or email any info. Any way works. Thx in advance man, your help is really appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:
If someone who takes 20 grams fives times a day daily could explain to me your method of consumption or how you don't experience nausea then that would be very illuminating for me lol. Just curious. I know serious kratom eating monsters are definitely lurking on this website! The taste makes me suicidal. Exaggerating but it does make me want to throw up.

it has just never made me nauseous, not in the slightest.

the worst negative effect i get from it is extremely pinned pupils - to the point of blurred vision / headache. 20 grams will definitely have that effect. seems over 15 does nothing but increase a plethora of negative effects, and under 10 doesnt work to scratch the itch to dose. i usually take 12g, six or seven, or more times a day... and struggle to justify why i cant stick to a taper plan when it is really not doing anything for me at all. its like constantly hitting my nicotine vape... just doesnt do anything except when i do it too much... yet i just do it all the time... stupidest shit i've ever gotten hooked on, like really... the situation just makes me angry now... absolutely no will power / lack of options is what it comes down to i guess. if i ever kick it i will have no problem never taking this crap again.

it has just never made me nauseous, not in the slightest.

the worst negative effect i get from it is extremely pinned pupils - to the point of blurred vision / headache. 20 grams will definitely have that effect. seems over 15 does nothing but increase a plethora of negative effects, and under 10 doesnt work to scratch the itch to dose. i usually take 12g, six or seven, or more times a day... and struggle to justify why i cant stick to a taper plan when it is really not doing anything for me at all. its like constantly hitting my nicotine vape... just doesnt do anything except when i do it too much... yet i just do it all the time... stupidest shit i've ever gotten hooked on, like really... the situation just makes me angry now... absolutely no will power / lack of options is what it comes down to i guess. if i ever kick it i will have no problem never taking this crap again.

A lot of people heavily frowned upon this idea but I'm self administering suboxone to get off it. I'm sick of the effects and as you said, I benefit a tiny bit but definitely just a substance not worth it for me to pursue with how minimal euphoria I receive in comparison to the first year. Also the RSL are unparallel with anything I've ever kicked before.

I don't care if it's a bad idea lol. I'd rather withdraw from something stronger feeling god awful than to deal with those RLS symptoms.

if i wasnt on probation i honestly would go the sub route at this point also.... and i hate suboxone, willingly gave up a heavy script of that stuff. never benefited from it besides blocking physical wd, but i couldnt take my mind still wd'ing even though my body wasnt so i stopped and went back to opiates. id actually be happy to make the switch to sub right now.

i hear ya with the kratom wd's - the rls is the first thng i notice, then the skin crawling starts. at 8hrs without a dose i feel like i do when its 24hrs after a dose when i had a 100+mg oxy and/or several bags of dope daily size habit. being that its readily available i just cant go through with the discomfort. with illegal opiates if i faced wd theres just no choice but to accept it.

I just went 2-3 months of almost daily dosing, I only dose once a day at around 6 grams. I stopped taking it around 2 weeks ago and felt only very minor withdrawal in the form of watery eyes and a couple nights of bad sleep. But psychologically I didn't feel bad at all, in fact I feet better then when I was taking Kratom. After a while it just stops giving me the effects that I like so I'm taking a break.
Using the way I did withdrawals are not any worse than quitting nicotine or caffeine. It gets bad once you start dosing multiple times a day at high doses. I don't think the high is worth the withdrawal so I'm not going to let it get that far.

To answer the original question, Less is more with Kratom.

8g a day cold turkey was unpleasant for me. Honestly I'd rather go through legit opiate withdrawal. For my particular brain wiring, the anxiety and feelings of unpleasantness were in many ways "worse" than opioid withdrawal. I shit you not. That's just me though. Lots of people are like "mehhh it's like quitting coffee dude!" For me, not so much. Difficult to explain. But one thing I remember distinctly was kratom withdrawal lasts longer. Like... day 1 and day 5 might be identical in terms of how you feel. That's what I fucking hated. It was a very different form of anhedonia and unhappiness. I'd rather go through the overt sadness and depression of opioid withdrawal than kratom's constant nagging anxietal shit. I can't even imagine people who do massive amounts quitting cold turkey.

These days I strictly dose 4gs at a time, that seems to be working well enough for me.

It's from head shops unfortunately, and bought these that are described as sedating, narcotic. Have bali here, gold vein I see - strange, thought it'd be red vein.

Really you have kratom at gas stations? Nice, but sad that it's of garbage quality.

Do you get any nervousness, jitteryness from kratom?
So this is probably been answered ages ago, but never dose higher you’ll reach a ceiling effect as to whether to you’ll just get sleepy or nauseous no matter the strain. But next time do some googling into kratom vendors. We can’t source but if I found it anyone can