• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Kratom - Describe how it makes you feel

You must have some good stuff. Every post you post is a book long lol
Well to be truthful, I have had such little opportunity to experience and share that experience, with different drugs over the years, so it is nice to have an opportunity to learn and share. It helps me to process and assimilate things to jot it out, and its all genuine real time experience so I hope is that others can use it somehow.

I dont even expect people to read it necessarily.

So to cap off another interesting experience tonight, I had a successful go at eating food tonight.

The Kratom didn't cause any problems with my digestion or appetite all my ability to eat this evening it actually helped all round and kept me in a very relaxed frame of mind and body.

It takes me an awful long time to eat due to my allergy and respiratory problems, in in a highly abnormal sense. It literally takes me hours to eat a meal I usually only eat once a day and try to eat everything I can in that drawn-out sitting.

I was over halfway through my dinner when I was getting a little restless and bored and it felt as though my 3 gram dose of green Malay had levelled out.
So I took a another 1 gram dose right in the middle of my meal interested to see if it would have any impact on my digestion or appetite.

Well it was not a problem and I continued to be able to eat my food successfully and I also did get immediate increased effects from the kratom.

It wasn't much later and I still had some food to finish when I decided I wanted to increase the effects again and I took a 2 gram dose of the red Borneo kratom sample I received for free.

And then I managed to finish my food without the kratom causing a problem.

I have been feeling the effects of the mid dinner doses very nicely currently feeling rather tranquilized from the red Borneo.

So I can confirm that kratom can actually be taken right in the middle of eating a large meal without being a problem for the digestion or appetite necessarily, and it will still be effective.

Usually I am taking the kratom on an empty stomach having not eaten all day day so the effects come on fast but also probably level out a bit sooner. Hence my spontaneous re dosing.

3 grams, topped up with another 3 grams mid meal. And I do not feel as though I need any more kratom actually I could have taken less during Meal Time I'm because the effects are fairly sedative right now and also very nice and enjoyable I'm a little too lethargic and dreamy.

No nausea or sickness at all.

Yes trust me I am extremely aware and informed about intestinal dysbiosis and microflora and the ins and outs of it I have had add an extremely severe case of intestinal dysbiosis since 2005 when my lyme disease began but I have been certain on reflection and through education and an excellent memory and intuition for piecing puzzles together.....

That either before my Lyme disease came along I was already living long term with a considerable case of intestinal dysbiosis, it just had not gotten to the stage where are overall health is compromised to such a degree that illness or condition can set in.

So in my case my already unaddressed and unidentified through lack of education and appreciation of the bodily health, case of intestinal dysbiosis would have disposed me to having a weaker defence against the incoming lyme disease and the additional microbes.

I had very bad systemic candida in those early years too, but sorted it out completely by 2006. Easy pie that one, you only need sone education, then its all down to discipline.

Diet to control, supplements and foods to kill. Then just a matter of time for success.

However, I am extremely intolerant to virtually all supplements and remedies and I have never been able to tolerate any form of probiotic supplement.

Most of the lacto fermented drinks and and preparations I also have problems with like kefir, kombucha.

More recently, I am eating raw sauerkraut regularly. My mum makes it for us using one of those special Korean onggi pots.

But it isnt so straightforward to balance the intestinal flora. It is a long-term lifestyle approach which needs to be holistic including mental and emotional health no matter what you put into your body.

However, I have to dispute your assumption and reasoning here. I got sick because I took way too much for my own tolerance and my very sensitive digestive system, my diet is also very high in potentiators particularly my cannabis usage alongside the kratom.

I really dont think any conclusions can be drawn about my intestinal flora from me getting sick on a high hi and well potentially 8 advice many people get sick with kratom regardless of the status of their intestinal Flora.

Im not saying there is no link, I just don't think it is such a logical inference.

My 3 gram dose this evening has gone down perfectly well, no nausea at all.

On that point again- my intestines are a Battleground between pathogens and healthy microbes where are the pathogens generally dominate and re-establishing harmoni and equilibrium is a struggle due to such heavily compromised immunity.

The raw sauerkraut does certainly help a lot though and it's really delicious stuff too.
oh *sigh* are you offended at my comment? I wasn't making conclusions about your gut bacterias based on anything that was said about your kratom intake. You said you have problems eating and digesting food.. It was a hunch. moving on

oh *sigh* are you offended at my comment? I wasn't making conclusions about your gut bacterias based on anything that was said about your kratom intake. You said you have problems eating and digesting food.. It was a hunch. moving on
No no, not at all. I wasn't offended. Why do you think that. I really wasn't. I was just replying pure and simple. I was just being emphatic that's all, and not because of your question or approach or anything personal.

I wasnt offended at all. I just wanted to assure you that I am very aware of this topic and I just shared the little insight into my own experience of dysbiosis.

I am sorry I gave you the wrong impression, please believe me when I say that I was not offended or annoyed or retaliating in any way.

I saw there waa a typo in the line where I question your reasoning to assume my Kratom sickness must be related to my gut flora.

I have no problem whatsoever with you making that suggestion.
I do have severe digestive problems, with long-running intestinal dysbiosis.

I only was disputing your apparent logic to make a direct link between my nausea and the intestinal flora that was all because I didn't think that necessarily has to be connected.

If you look at my post again I hope you will see that I was not offended or annoyed maybe just didn't make my points very well I was pretty hammered and very deeply relaxed.

Last edited:
Well here is my big question about kratom, does it help with sleep and most of all RLS. I need to swap my benzo and subs routine for something different

Well here is my big question about kratom, does it help with sleep and most of all RLS. I need to swap my benzo and subs routine for something different
YES YES YES. Kratom is proving to be the most amazing remedy for sleep for myself I have the most severe case of long-term sleep deprivation it can be possible to have and still function and be alive I swear to you it's insane how badly I need to sleep and I'm unable to due to so many different problems physical and mental.

Since I have been playing around with kratom I have had the best quality sleep I have had for many years not as much as I need yet because of the overall difficulties of my situation but kratom 100-percent improves the quality and depth of my sleep just to take it at any point of the day.

I can't comment on restless leg syndrome but I'm pretty certain it will help with this I'm not sure if I ever think about this with regards to myself I've always understood magnesium deficiency was directly correlated RLS, and I am am very deficient in everything but I don't think I have a case of RLS exactly.

My first time trying the red Borneo kratom last night it was especially relaxing and probably even more powerful at the spelling my anxiety than the green Malay and white Borneo the red Borneo was also very sedating and did contribute to some excellent quality sleep.

YES YES YES. Kratom is proving to be the most amazing remedy for sleep for myself I have the most severe case of long-term sleep deprivation it can be possible to have and still function and be alive I swear to you it's insane how badly I need to sleep and I'm unable to due to so many different problems physical and mental.

Since I have been playing around with kratom I have had the best quality sleep I have had for many years not as much as I need yet because of the overall difficulties of my situation but kratom 100-percent improves the quality and depth of my sleep just to take it at any point of the day.

I can't comment on restless leg syndrome but I'm pretty certain it will help with this I'm not sure if I ever think about this with regards to myself I've always understood magnesium deficiency was directly correlated RLS, and I am am very deficient in everything but I don't think I have a case of RLS exactly.

My first time trying the red Borneo kratom last night it was especially relaxing and probably even more powerful at the spelling my anxiety than the green Malay and white Borneo the red Borneo was also very sedating and did contribute to some excellent quality sleep.
So for me that only want it for insomnia and RLS, what would you recommend?

Kratom is probably going to help immensely with RLS however this is a double edge sword because anecdotally one of the worst symptoms of kratom withdrawal is pretty severe RLS. So if you start using it nightly, your RLS will likely improve but then if you ever stop taking kratom then the RLS will come back with a vengeance, along with other nasty wds if you used enough to become dependent.

Kratom and sleep is strange though. If i take kratom too close to bed time then it makes sleep more difficult, similar to drinking coffee too close to bedtime. However, whenever I take kratom earlier in the day then I notice I sleep much better that night, as long as there was enough time between when I doses and when I went to sleep.

Kratom is probably going to help immensely with RLS however this is a double edge sword because anecdotally one of the worst symptoms of kratom withdrawal is pretty severe RLS. So if you start using it nightly, your RLS will likely improve but then if you ever stop taking kratom then the RLS will come back with a vengeance, along with other nasty wds if you used enough to become dependent.

Kratom and sleep is strange though. If i take kratom too close to bed time then it makes sleep more difficult, similar to drinking coffee too close to bedtime. However, whenever I take kratom earlier in the day then I notice I sleep much better that night, as long as there was enough time between when I doses and when I went to sleep.
Well I think what I will do is still swap between kratom and my benzos and the odd sub administration. Think that will help. I just want my rls gone.

So for me that only want it for insomnia and RLS, what would you recommend?
Well I am very new to Kratom, but I think I can say with some confidence that going by my everything I have taken on board so far as well as my own experience that the red Borneo kratom would certainly appear to fit your requirements.

That was my first experience of that strain last night for definite although I suspect the unspecified Borneo kratom which was one of my first two samples was probably the red one.

The effect last night was especially relaxing and particularly helpful with my sleep quality and easiness. I think probably any strain of kratom could possibly improve sleep quality and ease of achieving and staying in sleep.

Now I'm always extra careful to throw around advice without experience and knowledge to back it up but I want to say that I do feel instinctively and from everything I have read seen and heard about kratom from all backgrounds and situations regarding how and why people use it and how it works for them or doesn't...

I do certainly support your your line of thinking and motives will using the kratom and I think from everything I have gathered, there is a very good chance it will help in some way and possibly to a much greater extent than you currently anticipate or even hope for.

One thing I have noticed is so many extremely positive testimonies I have come across in particular from people who have been struggling with addiction to other substances for home kratom was an absolute revelation and Godsend.

In that overall it's massively improved their lives many have professed that it was truly life-changing because it enabled them to control or completely drop other much more serious and damaging addictions.

And similarly I have also come across many glowing testimonies about how kratom have such a positive life-changing impact by enabling long-term crippling anxiety sufferers to suddenly resolve there are anxiety and go about living a Fuller and happier life.

But please don't take me wrong anybody I'm not trying to look through Rose tinted spectacles I'm just really interested in in the potential for kratom to be used in difficult situations to significantly improve things overall all all things considered.

I took my dose today just 45 minutes ago, I am still testing the waters and getting a feel for my preferred dosage strategy and approach.

Today I built the intention of taking one single dose to see if I can time and judge it just right to last my mood and anxiety relief, plateauing nicely without feeling the need to redose.

Haha, better not say never. So I decided on 5 grams of Green Malay. I mixed it in a shot glass with teaspoon turmeric. And followed with a sizeable cannabis edible dose with pepper and lecithin.

The effect has been really lovely again except my mum with her typical neck of causing me the most immense stress and anxiety every single day often at this exact time of the evening because she is at her most tired point....

And she she really has a neck of of bringing me down instantly when I have work so hard on my mental and emotional state to achieve one of total relaxation.

Stress makes me spontaneous, so I can see me upping my dose of Green Malay possibly befor I eat tonight.

Yesterday I managed to eat much better than I have done for a few months in a totally relaxed frame of mind and body. The Kratom assisted that without intefering with my appetite, it actually helped. I was ravenous and drooling.

Struggling with appetite has been one of the other negatives about kratom so far so it was really pleasing to to be able to enjoy my food so well and thoroughly on more than substantial doses.

I'm just vap8ng some lovely outdoor cheese to get my chilled state back fully if I can now, wish me luck.

It makes me feel like I should have bought heroin. I have never gotten anything off kratom but i tried it after 15 years of h so my tolerance was probably too high

It makes me feel like I should have bought heroin. I have never gotten anything off kratom but i tried it after 15 years of h so my tolerance was probably too high
Yeah it's strange. I am largely inexperienced with lots of different types of drugs. I mainly overused MDMA and as many hallucinogenic substances I could get my hands on. I took most drugs in time, like heroin, coke, crack, lots of ketamine for a 2 year spell, and I tried downers here and there bit it never suited me.

I was always about that clear, uplifted high. Downers like valium, temazepam, I really loved in ways, but they debilitated me too much. My constitution and character is unsuited.

I did enjoy valium and temazies at times, never took many (15 temazepam maybe, a few hundred valium), and heroin I never lijed because it always felt so wrong, more than anything it was the way it would affect other people and the characters and environments I was in whenever I encountered it.

Like downers heroin takes something away from me and is particularly debilitating.
Maybe 40 times in my life I used it, mostly reluctantly and not of my own seeking or volition except a few rare occasions.

And it was mainly as a compliment to MDMA and psychedelics. There is no way I ever could have gotten addicted to heroin because it was not possible for me the person I am to go down that path. I mean really not possible.

But I have been craving something like valium so badly recently. Or just some similar medication to just enabled me to switch off and let go here and there, pros and cons inside compared to never relaxing and feeling solidly miserable.

My initial interest in kratom was for the potential stimulant aspect due to my fatigue and sleep deprivation. But the antidepressant, anti-anxiety effects are the best part.

It gives me personally, what I was craving with the valium. But not debilitating, quite the opposite.

I have a bit of drug experience from past and recent years, and Kratom has already been one of the most positive and enjoyable substance experiences I have had.

I think my own physiology, and mental needs are at play. And the marriage with my cannabis use is crucial to my positive experience. Enabling me to improve my relationship and habit routine. Less downside, less dependance, much more enjoyment.

Thanks for all the replies. I want to use it as a herb to swap between my b3nzos and subs. and that way not get addicted to either if the swapping between the two will help

Looking for a daytime kratom to give me energy and motivation during the day and a night time one for insomnia and rls

But i will also keep doing my own research and see what is abailabl3 my side

I will always advocate for kratom to be used in lieu of harder drugs. I used to use it for about 2.5 years, and it helped the most with anxiety.
However, after having 2 brain surgeries and a baby, I had to go onto something stronger for the pain, and now use cannabis for my anxiety.
It should definitely be keeping legal and lowest schedule category possible, imo.

Haha, better not say never. So I decided on 5 grams of Green Malay. I mixed it in a shot glass with teaspoon turmeric. And followed with a sizeable cannabis edible dose with pepper and lecithin.

Everybody has to find their own dose but for me personally the stimulatory effects of green Kratom are most pronounced in lower dose ranges (prob around 3g and under). If you take high doses of green it'll also turn into a more sedating effect, but somehow colder than the sedation you'd get from red strains, at least for me.

on the flip side to the glowing testimonies...

if i abstain from kratom for 3 days, using lyrica to combat withdrawal, do people think i am pretty much out of the woods? or am i going to feel like shit when i run out of the lyrica? i'm at about 50 grams daily taken in 10-20 gram doses.

or if i use lyrica for 3 days, but still take small amount of kratom, say 2 doses of 5 grams, will my tolerance be lowered enough to stick with 5 gram doses from then on? i'm not expecting to catch a buzz off of it anymore, just reduce my use due to cost / space out the length of time before WD hits.

didn't want to start new thread, seems to be a lot of people with experience checking on this one, and it may provide some perspective to those curious as well.

on the flip side to the glowing testimonies...

if i abstain from kratom for 3 days, using lyrica to combat withdrawal, do people think i am pretty much out of the woods? or am i going to feel like shit when i run out of the lyrica? i'm at about 50 grams daily taken in 10-20 gram doses.

or if i use lyrica for 3 days, but still take small amount of kratom, say 2 doses of 5 grams, will my tolerance be lowered enough to stick with 5 gram doses from then on? i'm not expecting to catch a buzz off of it anymore, just reduce my use due to cost / space out the length of time before WD hits.

didn't want to start new thread, seems to be a lot of people with experience checking on this one, and it may provide some perspective to those curious as well.

From what I've read from other people WD is about a week peaking somewhere around day 2-4.
But 50g is quite a lot, so you might be better off with a taper. People seem to react a bit different to Kratom (wd), so you might be lucky and be able to at least reduce your dose without too much fuss. I've gone down from around 20-30g/night to 5.4 and still feel a buzz, but from what I've read I might be lucky in that regard.
Can't speak on Lyrica, have no experience with it.

If your doses are already varied (10-20) I'd first stay a bit on the lower end of your current comfort level, then either taper from there or try and space out dosing so that you can leave one dose out altogether, then taper from there again.

Also, since you mention that your doses are “about“ 10-20 and about 50g/day, if you don't yet have a scale it'd be worth investing in one. I used to measure in tea spoons and only got a scale when I started reducing use, and turns out (who'd have thought) it's quite unreliable and your prone to take more than you think.

Last edited:
I've been taking kratom for over a year with frequent 5 day breaks, and it's been great and cost effective for me. The local kratom store in my area, sells extract caps I take daily. They work in two tiers kratom silver which is equivalent to 4g plain leaf with 11.82% mitragyna and .009% 7ho, and the more premium gold capsules being worth 3 of these in one cap. Pricing these at only twelve dollars for ten silvers, and nine dollars for two gold.

I took it for a few days and when I stopped no craving no memorable high just like someone through water over my bed lol overall pharmaceutical opoids seem to be the winner here. How do people get it down its one of the worSt tasting plant matter I've tried

I took it for a few days and when I stopped no craving no memorable high just like someone through water over my bed lol overall pharmaceutical opoids seem to be the winner here. How do people get it down its one of the worSt tasting plant matter I've tried
A good extract is all you need to, bypass taking do much plant matter