• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Kratom - Describe how it makes you feel

Zonxx

Bluelighter
i've been looking into it for awhile now, the red strains seem to be more reccomended, how do you feel on kratom as i've been thinking of using it to cut down instead of using rediculous amounts of amps or coke

At a single dose of 5 grams, red bali, anxious sometimes for the first 20 minutes (kind of reminds me of a precipitated withdrawal), fades into a hydrocodone-like high, combined with some dirty stimulation. Alot of side effects, nausea and dizziness which can at times can become extreme. Eventually has anxiolytic properties but can induce moderate to severe irritability. Taken with a NDRI or adrafinil/modafinil be prepared for bouts of rage.

It kind of sucks recreationally speaking though...

I love the stuff but it isn't anything spectacular, just a mild stimulation and mild opioid like effect. Kinda like taking a small dose of hydrocodone along with a strong cup of coffee. Nothing to write home about but it can be pleasant.

If you have a big opioid and stim tolerance then you might not get as much out of it as somebody who doesn't have tolerances. And dosing really high with kratom doesn't work so well, the side effects get shitty at high doses.

Thing is, the first few times kratom didn't do much for me... or I just wasn't aware of any effects. It took until about the third try until I actually noticed effects, and then I didn't really start appreciating those effects until like the 10th time I tried it. Then I fell in love and have been taking it almost daily for like the past 3-4 years.

My advice is to not get too caught up into the whole strain and color thing. For me, kratom is kratom is kratom. I don't notice much difference in Red vs green vs white or maeng da vs Borneo vs Whatever. It's all pretty much the same to me, some batches are just better quality than others. Some people swear up and down there are differences. Maybe, but I doubt it, I think expectations play a bigger role.

I second MDPV_psychosis. If you're replacing stimulants specifically though then I would look for white strains, maeng da, or malay kratom. Generally color/type doesn't mean much but those are more "up" than the rest for me.

just acquire some super green maeng da if an option... best for all around comfort, mood boost, pain management and lots better than coffee, IMO.

But you gotta use it to cut back... maybe skip a dose of whatever and replace it with a couple grams of ktratom?
Easier to be ready to get off than not (others) with kratom effectiveness. Otherwise it is in fact a waste.
JMO

Last edited:
Nothing. Probably the most overrated "drug".
I guess if you have zero opioid tolerance you might feel a little warmth or something.

Last year I heard red was good for anxiety so I ordered some. Too sedating. More research revealed that green was the perfect mix between sedation/stimulation. I suspect this for stim comedowns? If so, Red Bali all the way. But it’s definitely not something to just consume constantly (especially reds), you gonna wobble wobble for sure.

I do 2 major doses a day.

I don't know about for Coke or amps. But I'll tell you one thing, Kratom~~usually the red strain Bali saved my ass from many a horrific Tramadol withdrawals. Tramadol may not be the strongest opiod but its SSRI and opiod propertys gives it one-two punch in withdrawals. I switch strains of Kratom often to keep my receptors guessing. It works.

I just tried some headshop kratom extract capsules with the ridiculous name of O.P.M.S. ("opiums") that were very strong (don't remember kratom ever seeming as enjoyable -- almost empathogenic). Better than the UEI i tried years ago to be frank. Seems like a great way to develop a permanent kratom tolerance however.

Last edited:
Kratom can be a hit or miss for me, sometimes I feel great and sometimes I feel worse.Its definitely best on an empty stomach and I enjoy it first thing in the morning.But it always has me craving a opiod... I want to get loaded not just a mild euphoria which kratom gives.But it can be enjoyable and OPMS gold is definitely the best high for me....

I've tried it maybe five times or so and I may have gotten the tiniest of buzzes a couple times, but the last couple times it just made me nauseous and gave me no positive effects. I don't believe I will be trying it again.

Hey guys really interesting because I've just been experimenting with kratom myself for the past week. I never tried it before then I have really severe allergies and intolerances and I generally cannot tolerate any supplements, herbs, remedies, medicines, drugs of any sort without unendurable adverse reactions affecting my respiratory system, due to long-term Lyme disease.

I have only used organically grown cannabis over the last 14 years except for lysergamides which I have have been able to tolerate to a varying degree.

I have incredibly severe anxiety and depression due to long-term illness and so many hardships in life with all sorts of physical conditions such as chronic fatigue and muscular and nerve problems and weaknesses.

I have been desperately wishing I could take some form of medication for my depression and anxiety which has truly been unbearable and is literally killing me in life recently, making it impossible for me to recover physically and make any progress.

So I have been experimenting with green Malay and Borneo kratom for the past week and I do suffer substantial adverse respiratory reaction which I'm trying to endure and managed as best I can.

Because I really really really like and enjoy the effects of the kratom I have to say is already one of my favourite substances ever. Once the effects begin for me about 30 to 40 minutes then I start feeling much more relaxed and happier and particularly euphoric and this feeling increases continually and stabilises within a few hours.

With an incredible amounts of euphoria it's like a very clear headed and much more positive feeling of alcohol but also it feels like caffeine with that physical energy increase and aches and pains are massively reduced.

When I get up to walk around and go up and down the stairs I'm so much more mobile and free and comfortable it feels really pleasurable and enjoyable and easy to move compared to normal where I am in pain and debilitated by fatigue and tension and weakness.

It has been incredibly good for my anxiety and depression and it is honestly the first time in at least 14 years that I have actually felt so poorly relaxed and happy at any point even if that is induced by the substance it is still an experience which I'm having which is genuine therapy for me to break out of of such a miserable painful existence of life.

I find that it gives me more energy to to move around and get stuff done I also have been getting much better quality sleep and waking up feeling significantly more refreshed getting back to sleep it's much easier and I'm getting into a much deeper sleep as well.

The only problem with it for me is the adverse effect on my chest and breathing which is very difficult to put up with. Once the kratom has taken effect it takes the Edge and discomfort off of everything and I'm not so bothered by my breathing being more laboured with increased mucus production and lung congestion.

I suffer the symptoms in response to everything I just and all other substances and supplements which are generally enjoyable but I'm enjoying and benefiting from the kratom on so many levels that I'm trying to persevere with this.

My physical strength has increased since I've been taking it largely because I am actually accessing a totally relaxed state of mind and body which previously I never did for a single second day or night.

I am taking fairly small doses as well I started with 1 g of green Malay kratom the first time and this was enjoyable but maybe a little too much for me I then have been taking half gram doses for several days with very full and enjoyable effects.

Yesterday I took 4 grams, 1.5 g of green Malay followed Later by 1 gram of Borneo followed by another 1.5 mixture before bed.

However I am also combining the kratom with my regular daily medical cannabis intake in the form of edibles (infused coconut oil),, and I also vaporise cannabis daily.

I am taking the pressing powder in the afternoon with my cannabis edible dose which I use primarily as a digestive remedy for stomach and digestive problems.

There is an incredible synergy between the kratom and cannabis in general and the Edible and kratom dose especially well together. They complement and boost each other so well and it really is one of the most fantastically enjoyable and smooth buzzes I have had on any substances or combinations.

Very impressed with the kratom all round.

Eventually has anxiolytic properties but can induce moderate to severe irritability
Yes I think I can confirm, I noticed this. I can get very easily ticked off. From being chilled and "up" I have been getting mega frustrated almost irate lol. But its more fleeting and only on the surface. My doses are low though, I took 1.5 grams Malay earlier and 2.5 grams Borneo just now. Both times with a moderate Cannabis edibke dose.
It kind of sucks recreationally speaking though...

I have been thoroughly enjoying the recreational aspect of this drug but maybe this is because it marries so well with my regular cannabis usage which I use daily to access a higher state of consciousness and elevate my mind above the stress of illness.

So it has immediately fitted perfectly into that ritual of actually getting high and settling into a more positive relaxed mindset.

I also used the cannabis for relaxation and anxiety. The combo of edibles and kratom is so nice. Usually I always feel the need to vaporise weed as well with the edible but never being sufficient for Me by itself certainly not for a whole day.

But with the kratom although I have still being vaporizing weed it is nowhere near as necessary. I have cut down my cannabis intake considerably the past week while using kratom and enjoyed the cannabis a lot more at the same time so there is one bonus.

My 70 year old mum is going to try some next.

That's the point I need to place my second order already my two 10 g sample pouches won't last long at this rate lol!

Think I will get 50 grams each. That is the other really neat and appealing thing about kratom the fact she gets these different varieties offering similar but still very different experiences to find which suits Us best personality.

How considerate of nature huh! ? Borneo and edibles coming on now. 25 minutes and my whole body is feeling increasingly relaxed and my anxiety level is dropping and euphoria level rising I really love this substance you know.

Is there something wrong with me because not everybody seems to agree maybe I got a particularly good source first time?

Oh yes also I am experiencing a big increase in musical appreciation and enjoyment but this may be because of the enhanced relaxation and reduction in anxiety, but I think there is much more to it than that as well.

Some people swear up and down there are differences. Maybe, but I doubt it, I think expectations play a bigger role.
Hi there. I'm just learning about this fresh and I totally respect all of you guys experiences but I swear on my life if there is no way I'm imagining I can definitely tell a noticeable difference between the Borneo and Malay kratom I am taking.

The Malay kratom really is noticeably more energizing and stimulating and can actually get me a little bit restless and excitable I have noticed already.

And the Borneo is is far more more chilled and restful in that sense and definitely did appear to be the better painkiller as well so far.

I have always been particularly in tune with my body and able to observe and gauge very subtle differences and effects with all manner of foods and substances etc.

But at the same time I'm I can easily see how how somebody who is maybe not so the tunes to these irrelevant little variables and details of life can just roll with the general experience and appreciate all of these different strains as more or less and equivocal experience if that makes any sense.

I don't mean to suggest that you are not observant and perceptive and accurate about your perceptions just that maybe your reality and the way you experience the drugs is different but real nonetheless.

I like this angle actually because really we look at things so empirically like it is all black and white and it's so totally isn't when are we going to wake up and get that as a race for once and for all?

Haha sorry guys I'm really high on cannabis and kratom and I am a born philosopher.

I also read somewhere about Malay kratom being the top Choice for depression and Borneo for anxiety and I get you on expectations etc but I trust my bodily and mental intuition so family with substances (and especially as a result of my long-term illness and being allergic to practically everything under the sun I have really had two to fine tune this ability to discern specific effects and differences).

And my experience so far positively matches with this I did find that my Malay kratom dose earlier did not dispel my anxiety sufficiently as the evening went on but the Borneo kratom has as had a powerful easing effect already.

I have been thoroughly enjoying the recreational aspect of this drug

If you are opioid naive kratom could certainly seem like a good recreational opioid (i recently tried some "OPMS" branded kratom extract capsules and it was quite enjoyable, far better than the raw plant).

As an ex-opioid addict, the problem i find with kratom as a recreational opioid is:

1) side-effect profile relative to high (nausea, etc.)
2) very inconsistent high of a middling quality
3) anxiogenic/uncomfortable onset
4) causes depression/irritability with extended use
5) quick onset/short lasting making it compulsive
6) surprisingly addictive and unpleasant withdrawal

Whenever ive become physically dependent on kratom, i feel like i notice withdrawal symptoms as quickly as 4 hours after dosing, which makes it very compulsive. If i buy a bag of say 100 grams, ill often use it compulsively till i run out. This i try to avoid it. Then again, with my history i should avoid all opioid. I suppose another issue is kratom availability and inexpensiveness, which makes it for the opioid addict like alcohol is to the alcoholic in terms if its ubiquity and availability.

Also @AutoTripper based on your other posts lauding the virtues of kratom, you sound like your a good candidate for a kratom addiction and seem to be in a honeymoon period. Make no mistake, its just as addictive as any other opioid, and logistically speaking, perhaps even more so.

Also @AutoTripper based on your other posts lauding the virtues of kratom, you sound like your a good candidate for a kratom addiction and seem to be in a honeymoon period. Make no mistake, its just as addictive as any other opioid, and logistically speaking, perhaps even more so.
Hello, and thank you for your words of caution and concern. However there really is no need for concern there is zero chance I could ever become addicted to any substances such as kratom because I simply react too adversely to everything to be able to tolerate anything for any amount of time.

Cannabis has been the only psychoactive substance I have been able to just about tolerate since my illness began in 2005. I do not think I will be taking kratom again although I may take it occasionally just to make a change but I cannot enjoy the respiratory reaction I am suffering.

I suffer this same reaction to all medicinal substances and herbs and drugs and it is virtually always intolerable for any amount of time but it's not always indicativ of an actual allergy or even and intolerance it is just my crazy immune system necessarily reacting to harmless everyday substances whether they are good or bad for me on the whole.

It has been incredibly hard to be in my physical and mental condition with all of the damages I have incurred over time and from my Lyme disease without any form of medication besides cannabis and I'm referring to natural herbs and remedies which can act on the mind and emotions to soothe things.

Hence my recent experimentation with anything and everything I might be able to tolerate which could assist me here because I have developed the Most Extreme anxiety disorder over the past two years and cannabis as we all know is not always the best friend of anxiety, although it does work for me in some ways and against in others in in this regard.

So I was really determined to persevere with the kratom because I have not experienced total relaxation like that at any point since my illness began.

While under the influence of the kratom it is possible for me to enjoy the effects and be happy overall but when the effects have subsided I am really suffering badly with my lungs and managing my allergies and infections is significantly more painful and exhausting as is the case with anything like this which I struggle to tolerate.

But I do suspect an actual allergy to the kratom because I also was experiencing itching all over my body on a few occasions and possibly even some spots and I do generally never suffer from any type of skin problem or reaction to anything in all my years.

I think I did read something about kratom and hives as well.
So my search for peace of mind and comfort of body continues. At the same time I decided to try kratom I also purchased a sample of instant kava powder which I tried first and had an adverse respiratory reaction to but I don't believe is as harsh and aggressive on my body in a true allergenic sense.

So I have just made up a little cup of kava this evening for the sake of the different experience and to compare to my my kratom experiences the past week with a more refined palate.

I much preferred the effects of the kratom vs my single try of the kava, but the kava was still very helpful for my anxiety.

@negrogesic thanks again for your consideration and advice.

Hello, and thank you for your words of caution and concern. However there really is no need for concern there is zero chance I could ever become addicted to any substances such as kratom because I simply react too adversely to everything to be able to tolerate anything for any amount of time.

Cannabis has been the only psychoactive substance I have been able to just about tolerate since my illness began in 2005. I do not think I will be taking kratom again although I may take it occasionally just to make a change but I cannot enjoy the respiratory reaction I am suffering.

I suffer this same reaction to all medicinal substances and herbs and drugs and it is virtually always intolerable for any amount of time but it's not always indicativ of an actual allergy or even and intolerance it is just my crazy immune system necessarily reacting to harmless everyday substances whether they are good or bad for me on the whole.

It has been incredibly hard to be in my physical and mental condition with all of the damages I have incurred over time and from my Lyme disease without any form of medication besides cannabis and I'm referring to natural herbs and remedies which can act on the mind and emotions to soothe things.

Hence my recent experimentation with anything and everything I might be able to tolerate which could assist me here because I have developed the Most Extreme anxiety disorder over the past two years and cannabis as we all know is not always the best friend of anxiety, although it does work for me in some ways and against in others in in this regard.

So I was really determined to persevere with the kratom because I have not experienced total relaxation like that at any point since my illness began.

While under the influence of the kratom it is possible for me to enjoy the effects and be happy overall but when the effects have subsided I am really suffering badly with my lungs and managing my allergies and infections is significantly more painful and exhausting as is the case with anything like this which I struggle to tolerate.

But I do suspect an actual allergy to the kratom because I also was experiencing itching all over my body on a few occasions and possibly even some spots and I do generally never suffer from any type of skin problem or reaction to anything in all my years.

I think I did read something about kratom and hives as well.
So my search for peace of mind and comfort of body continues. At the same time I decided to try kratom I also purchased a sample of instant kava powder which I tried first and had an adverse respiratory reaction to but I don't believe is as harsh and aggressive on my body in a true allergenic sense.

So I have just made up a little cup of kava this evening for the sake of the different experience and to compare to my my kratom experiences the past week with a more refined palate.

I much preferred the effects of the kratom vs my single try of the kava, but the kava was still very helpful for my anxiety.

@negrogesic thanks again for your consideration and advice.

Does the weed help with your anxiety? Since I've developed anxiety a few years ago I can't really smoke weed anymore, it just gets too terrible very soon... severe anxiety, etc. Smoked a few times, though, always in combination with Kratom, which helps. Funnily enough, before the anxiety, when I mixed Kratom and weed it seemed to potentiate the weed quite strong (did it only a few times, though), but since then, it mellows it out. Smoked a few times this year since I was feeling a bit better anxiety-wise and it was pleasurable for the most part (but I also took such small dosages that it's ridiculous compared to what I could smoke a few years ago).

Regarding the original question: just feeling the effects of my first dose today and it's really relaxing and comfortable, quite euphoric too (first dose is always the best for me). I've also been feeling quite anxious today and the Kratom alleviates this right now.