• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom Ceiling Dose Question

SmilexGwG

Bluelighter
So ive been using kratom for about a year or more now. I love its opioid effects but have noticed that after taking more than 6.5 grams i dont get any decent effects. I can take under 6.5 grams and get s great high but once i cross that threshold the effects become dysphoric and not recreational.

Is there anyway to maybe titrate my dose or anything i can do to use a higher dose and get more effects.

I understand less it more but want to find a way around that.

So ive been using kratom for about a year or more now. I love its opioid effects but have noticed that after taking more than 6.5 grams i dont get any decent effects. I can take under 6.5 grams and get s great high but once i cross that threshold the effects become dysphoric and not recreational.

Is there anyway to maybe titrate my dose or anything i can do to use a higher dose and get more effects.

Kratom has a ceiling effect similar to suboxone, or so I have heard. I myself can't take more than 7 or 8 grams at a time. After that the nausea sets in. If I stay below the 8 gram mark there is no nausea. Funny what 1 or 2 extra grams can do to me. Difference is night and day.

You have been on it one year. Two for me. I don't get euphoria from it. It reduces my anxiety and totally cleared up my depression. I know that sounds hokey but it really did cure my depression about 60 days after starting it.

You stated that after 6.5 for you that it starts to get yukky. Think that's always going to be the case. The only other thing I could mention is an extract. But people get in trouble with those and they are pricey. I haven't tried one yet. For me it would only be a once a month thing if and when I do try one, as the cost is a factor. Powder costs me enough at this point. Can't be adding extracts to that bill.

Hey yall..... The US Food and drug Administration is trying to screw us all again, and this time they’re f’ing with the whole world.
In 2016, the US FDA tried desperately to put Kratom into Schedule 1(with heroin). Thankfully they failed. They have tried an extensive smear campaign ever since then, trying to convince everyone that Kratom is dangerous. About two years ago they actually flew to Indonesia and tried to convince their government to outlaw the export of Kratom (also failed).

Now they’re playing hardball. The United States Food and Drug Administration has convinced the World Health Organization to hear arguments regarding a global ban on all Kratom products. If it passes, it would be an international crime to possess Kratom anywhere in the world.

I’m including the link to a site for public comments on the proposed regulation. Please spread the word. We only have until the end of August to be heard.

Last edited:

No hacks with Kratom. My experience is it doesn’t mix at all with anything. It significantly jacks up tolerance for opioids. Once you hit your limit, you puke and you’re done.

The only thing I have tried that worked: Obdansetron(Zofran) is an anti-nausea med used to combat nausea from chemotherapy and opiates. It works by reducing serotonin production in the digestive tract. I believe the nausea from Kratom comes from excess serotonin. If I take a Zofran at least 30 minutes prior to dosing Kratom, the nausea I am expecting will be gone. I found that if I wait until I feel sick to take the Zofran, I’ll just puke out my Kratom with the Zofran. I have to do it before or it won’t work.

I find the ceiling of the psychoactive effects of kratom to vary by strain, but luckily the ceiling effect doesn't apply to the analgesic effect.

Mix other drugs with it, like promethazine or benadryl or valium or weed for the nausea, and clonidine for the jitters

Has anyone tried mixing kratom with coffee (or caffeine)??

I wonder if it would extend its effects

I find that it adds to the jitters, i like mixing downers with it like dxm/alcohol/clonidine/you get the picture

You might be different though

I find that it adds to the jitters, i like mixing downers with it like dxm/alcohol/clonidine/you get the picture

You might be different though
I tried it this morning and adding a cup of coffee to my kratom indeed made me more jumpy, and not in a good way.

Experiment shall be discontinued

I tried it this morning and adding a cup of coffee to my kratom indeed made me more jumpy, and not in a good way.

Experiment shall be discontinued
There’s two major alkaloids in Kratom. One is a stimulant, one is a pain killer. By itself I can get to feeling a little shaky after taking too much. Add too much caffeine or nicotine and my hands start shaking a lot. After a night of drinking makes it worse. And after a night of Lyrica use on top of drinking, the next day using Kratom and cigarettes..... I can barely type on my phone. I feel like I’m getting Parkinson’s.

My ceiling dose, depending the strain strenght was about 3.5 grams. Even dosing the next dose to closely had negative effects. What was noticable but could be unique to me, i had to stop any so much months. This was when the Kratom would actually make me feel getting sickish and lethargic. A break here and there was absolute necessaty.

I did combine Kratom with an stimulant, but the combo with coffee was ime indeed not that good. Dextro-Amphetamin on the other hand worked great. Add in some weed and 7.5 mg Mirtazepine before bed and I was all set.

Mirtazepine is a very good anti-emetic and anti-histaminergic, very sleep inducing med. Which worked for the side effects of kratom even during the day I believe when taken daily.

Yeah, I haven’t figured it all out but I can take about 4 grams every 3 hours and I’m fine. One tiny step over the line and I’m puking. Add any other stimulant and my ceiling dose drops significantly. It mixes great with weed though. I haven’t noticed any negative effects of combining weed and Kratom except that I just want to sit in front of the TV and melt into the couch.

I drunk coffee with it every day and don't experience anything negative from the combo. I know others are more susceptible to negative physical effects from kratom, so take that for what its worth.

No hacks with Kratom. My experience is it doesn’t mix at all with anything. It significantly jacks up tolerance for opioids. Once you hit your limit, you puke and you’re done.

The only thing I have tried that worked: Obdansetron(Zofran) is an anti-nausea med used to combat nausea from chemotherapy and opiates. It works by reducing serotonin production in the digestive tract. I believe the nausea from Kratom comes from excess serotonin. If I take a Zofran at least 30 minutes prior to dosing Kratom, the nausea I am expecting will be gone. I found that if I wait until I feel sick to take the Zofran, I’ll just puke out my Kratom with the Zofran. I have to do it before or it won’t work.
Kratom mixes well with literally everything idk what you’re taking about.